Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kelly Clarkson - A republican, Supporting Ron Paul as Republican candidate
GeddyLeeRulez
post Dec 29th 2011, 7:43 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Bo Bice
Fav. AI5: Taylor Hicks
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald

Ron Paul is NOT racist nor homophobic. He did not write the racist contents of the newsletter that went out under his name. He does claim moral responsibility for the contents, and regrets not paying more attention to the newsletter. The controversial papers were released after he left Congress and went back to his OB/GYN practice full time.

-Ron Paul will immediately pardon all non-violent drug users, the majority of whom are minorities.
-Ron Paul is the most anti-war candidate in the field, and is more anti-war than Obama.
-He is strongly against racial profiling at airports.
-As seen in the video posted earlier, Dr. Ron Paul often treated low-income people for free if they couldn't afford it.
-His campaign manager in 2008 and close friend is gay.
-Ron Paul is the only Republican candidate who doesn't favor a federal ban on gay marriage.
-The president of the Austin, TX NAACP has came out and said he has known Paul for 20 years and is NOT racist.
-Former aid to Ron Paul, Eric Dondero, says explicitly that RP has never said anything racist, anti-semitic, or homophobic in the 20+ years that he worked with him. Dondero now absolutely HATES Ron Paul, and has written many articles slamming him, so you know he isn't just saying that to protect him.
-Paul receives more minority support than any Republican candidate according to a recent PPP poll.

I'm sick of the misinformation the media is putting out there, causing ignorance in the public regarding Dr. Paul.

Kudos to Kelly Clarkson.

This post has been edited by GeddyLeeRulez: Dec 29th 2011, 7:48 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 29th 2011, 7:43 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ILoveKelly
post Dec 29th 2011, 8:39 PM
Post #22

Fav. Judge: Steven Tyler
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

She can support who she wants to and anyone who is "disappointed" just cause of a few issues might as well look at who you're supporting. (Since Obama seems to be the only candidate for the Democrats, shall we remind you all of the racism in the church that Obama went to for years and Michelle Obama's little racism scandal?) And I'm sure with some researching, you all would find something that will burst the halo off the political candidates/royalty from every nation in the world.

I don't like this "all or nothing" thinking that a lot of people are going after. Not everyone has to support everything another stands for or their actions involved in order to support them. And Kelly obviously doesn't seem to.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Dec 29th 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #23

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

@justin_guarini
Justin Guarini
Of course @kelly_clarkson chose 2day 2break her big news..the same day I was going admit that we had an epic love affair #secondbestAGAIN
55 minutes ago via Echofon

roll2.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
TV3: Cassadee |TV4: Danielle |TV5: Jacquie |TV6: Christina |
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 29th 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #24

That guy who wrote the Idol book said he and Kelly did have a 'thing' together- and so did he and Tamyra- that Richard guy wrote that. So is that a joke or is he telling the truth?

--------------------
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Dec 29th 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 29th 2011, 10:15 PM) *

That guy who wrote the Idol book said he and Kelly did have a 'thing' together- and so did he and Tamyra- that Richard guy wrote that. So is that a joke or is he telling the truth?

I don't know but either way I thought it was funny. I like the #secondbestAgain. haha.gif

I assume he's just joking. unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sage
post Dec 29th 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #26

Kelly was unfairly attacked on Twitter last night. I got the impression maybe she doesn't know a lot about Ron Paul but likes his honesty, which is unusual for most any politician. He's not my candidate of choice but I do appreciate his honesty and I love how he has called out the other Republicans for their BS during the debates. The only problem for her is she's dealing with a Top 40 audience who are not as conservative for the most part. If she was strictly dealing with a country audience, it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

I don't know if Ron Paul is racist or a homophobe, I have concerns about him for other reasons for which I would have a hard time voting for him. Hopefully, as with any other American citizen, Kelly will do her homework before casting her vote for any candidate. But yeah, you open up a whole other can of worms when you start endorsing political candidates. It'll blow over. Kelly is a warm genuinely nice person and her fans should see that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Dec 29th 2011, 11:08 PM
Post #27

Idgaf if Kelly is a democrat or republican. Now if she said she was a nazi or something bad, then yes I would be offended. I can't believe people are giving her crap for being a republican. The US runs on a two party system! Without both democrats and republicans, this country would be in the dumps. I do think she did screw up responding to people though. I know it can get frustrating, especially for her reading all of the hateful comments but the best thing to do is ignore the haters.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Dec 30th 2011, 2:46 AM
Post #28

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

She just seems like such a liberal person...I find it weird that she's republican. wacko.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
adamsmo
post Dec 30th 2011, 6:11 AM
Post #29

Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

She isn't a Republican. She has spoken positively of Obama. She talked about Republicans like xenos of her views.

She spoke in favor of a [fringe] candidate.

So what? I like Paul myself - Iowan liberal here.

I do like Paul, though i am honestly deeply troubled by his judicial philosophy.

This post has been edited by adamsmo: Dec 30th 2011, 6:14 AM

--------------------
http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/

is you very anti-abortions because you yourself was aborted?
+Quote Post
*~MarMar~*
post Dec 30th 2011, 6:24 AM
Post #30

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. live act: Green Day

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Dec 29th 2011, 12:59 PM) *

Wait, are you saying you think Ron Paul is bad or good? huh.gif unsure.gif
What do you mean by "flippant comment about orange/purple rights" ??? unsure.gif Are you saying it's bad that she said that?

Bad haha.gif you'll never catch me thinking Ron Paul (or his son, for that matter) has good views minus decriminalization of marijuana - something that is nowhere near the top of my priorities list when it comes to candidates.

I'm just really put off by the way she responded to all of this. She got hyper-defensive to many responses for the wrong reasons and then didn't really make an effort to fully understand why people were upset. She played ignorant for far too long, IMO. sad.gif

--------------------
[Version: SNL 2004] Last.fm Tumblr Tweet treats!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
duckwings
post Dec 30th 2011, 10:40 AM
Post #31

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks

I hope this doesn't affect the future success of "stronger" sad.gif .. I was just on iTunes and people are giving her album 1 star and writing horrible comments about her..

*edit*

people are ALSO buying her album because she is supporting him haha grin.gif .. Guess it works both ways.. I just hate how the media is running with this.. Its on CNN, NYTimes, wall street journal, I have a article pulled up from the NYDailyNews right now.. Ugh sad.gif

This post has been edited by duckwings: Dec 30th 2011, 10:47 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 30th 2011, 12:34 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(adamsmo @ Dec 30th 2011, 6:11 AM) *

She isn't a Republican. She has spoken positively of Obama. She talked about Republicans like xenos of her views.

She spoke in favor of a [fringe] candidate.

I think you missed her tweet where she said she was usually a Republican but voted on Obama last time.

I think Ron Paul was definitely a racist and homophobe in the 90's. It's ridiculous to think he didn't read his own newsletters. But I also think he probably isn't now, 20 years is a long time and people change in that time. Though I don't think it's fair to criticize others for their 90's records and then say that was too long ago to ask him about his own newsletters. Barry Manilow supports Ron Paul, as do many African-Africans so I don't think it's fair to say those are his views today, obviously others of the groups he criticized no longer think so.

I do think it's unfair everyone is headlining she endorsed Ron Paul. I don't think she meant to do that, but she might have well have come out on stage with him by the way everyone is going on. I just saw this on yahoo minutes ago, the front page. I don't think she foresaw this, she has now become his most famous supporter! I'm sure she didn't mean for it to be that way at all!

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
grammamia
post Dec 30th 2011, 12:54 PM
Post #33

Fav. CI5: Jaydee Bixby

People ARE buying her album because she supported Ron Paul.

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. -Thomas Jefferson

"Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt. – Mohandas Gandhi
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 30th 2011, 1:09 PM
Post #34

That's another problem, Ron Paul has a large internet following and many of his followers are crazy-crazy so they will be doing everything to incorporate her into the campaign and will be spamming her for months trying to get her to do something for him. It will be a big headache for her.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Dec 30th 2011, 1:20 PM
Post #35

She might have a lost a few fans but she probably gained some too. At least they are buying her album. haha.gif

A bunch of 5 star reviews popped up on amazon yesterday as well.

Sometimes you gotta make the best of a bad situation.

Also I think if Kelly fans wouldn't have kinda brought this to everyone's attention it probably wouldn't have even gained the attention it has. For the most part the big media outlets haven't even mentioned it. I don't think anyone really cares outside people on twitter and some Kelly fans. Just my opinion though.

This post has been edited by kclarkson1323: Dec 30th 2011, 1:31 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
clarksonnumber1
post Dec 30th 2011, 1:29 PM
Post #36

I think it's sad that anyone would rate her album based on comments she made. Good or bad, it's just sad. I'm more curious as to how this will effect album 6's success. Given how well Chris Brown did after using violence, I'd like to think this will have little impact on Kelly's success. She's gained many supporters on twitter rather than losing some, so I'd like to think that's a good sign.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Clarkson_Is_Life
post Dec 30th 2011, 3:17 PM
Post #37

I'm thinking Kelly isn't as ignorant to his stances as her detractors like to claim. In fact, it seems everyone who is giving her hate for the situation are the ones that need to do research. All the alleged homophobic comments are from YEARS ago and he denied every single one of them.

He supports gay-marriage at a state level and supports a smaller government involvement. In fact, he's not even really a republican.

I honestly don't know how any fan can be surprised that Kelly is a republican anyway. She's from Texas for Christ's sakes. lol.

This post has been edited by Clarkson_Is_Life: Dec 30th 2011, 3:18 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Clarkson_Is_Life
post Dec 30th 2011, 3:27 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(duckwings @ Dec 30th 2011, 10:40 AM) *

I hope this doesn't affect the future success of "stronger" sad.gif

Peep this...

Sales of Clarkson’s album “Stronger” have soared on Amazon ever since the singer tweeted, “I love Ron Paul,” and “He’s got my vote.”

In the past 24 hours, Clarkson’s record was up 192% on the online retail site.

A day before the former “American Idol” winner explained why she’s a Paul supporter, “Stronger” was ranked #41 on Amazon’s “Movers & Shakers in Music” list.

Today, the album is up to #14.

http://www.gossipcop.com/kelly-clarkson-st...sement-twitter/

haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Treefroggiefreak
post Dec 30th 2011, 3:44 PM
Post #39

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

I'll be interested to see the album sales after this. It's honestly blown up huge and didn't really need to be. Supporting someone =/= Agreeing with everything they stand for.

--------------------
IPB Image
Kristen O'Connor || Majesty York || Jillian Jensen || Sam Woolf || Alex Preston || George Lovett Hamilton
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Dec 30th 2011, 3:55 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(Clarkson_Is_Life @ Dec 30th 2011, 1:17 PM) *

I'm thinking Kelly isn't as ignorant to his stances as her detractors like to claim. In fact, it seems everyone who is giving her hate for the situation are the ones that need to do research. All the alleged homophobic comments are from YEARS ago and he denied every single one of them.

He supports gay-marriage at a state level and supports a smaller government involvement. In fact, he's not even really a republican.

yes.gif Her growing up in a small town in Texas, not a surprise at all. Besides, Kelly said she isn't racist and homophobic so I don't know why some of her "fans" think she's a bigot. no.gif That's ignorant of them to think that and it really bothers me. People can be so stupid. pinch.gif

Also I've been reading how people are surprised Kelly can speak out on such a thing. Kelly isn't THAT innocent. Ex: MD fiasco, when she spoke out against Kanye West, when she cheered on will.i.am's manager for punching Perez, her long response about Amy Whinehouse's death, and now this. The girl likes to speak her mind and I love it even if I don't agree sometimes original.gif

Worst case scenario, if Kelly's career goes up in flames in the US, she still has her international fans who don't give a s$#t about US politics. haha.gif

This post has been edited by AdamLfan: Dec 30th 2011, 4:06 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Dec 22nd 2014, 4:56 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol