Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

69 Pages V « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> ~~Official~~ Adam 2012 Online Media Articles, Internet and Website Electronic Articles
sealuv
post Feb 15th 2012, 1:41 AM
Post #301

Group: Members

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 14th 2012, 8:07 PM) *

this is freakin' hilarious.....loved the...

LEVINE: Moves like Jagger.

LAMBERT: Moves like a jackhammer

... priceless..... grin.gif

--------------------
2014 IS GONNA BE WILD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 15th 2012, 1:41 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

BHS9697
post Feb 15th 2012, 6:55 AM
Post #302

Pharrell about Adam: "I feel you're our generations Freddie!"

@QMagazine
Q&a @adamlambert - How does an @americanidol contestant end-up working with @pharrell @nilerodgers & @QueenWillRock http://ow.ly/955M5

http://news.qthemusic.com/2012/02/qa_adam_...w_to_get_f.html

ETA: info about Q here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(magazine)

This post has been edited by BHS9697: Feb 15th 2012, 7:27 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
- Signature created by ♥JM♥
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Feb 15th 2012, 8:34 AM
Post #303

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 14th 2012, 10:07 PM) *

My favorite:

Levine - Moves like Jager

Lambert - Moves like a jackhammer

haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
loveroftalent
post Feb 15th 2012, 8:48 AM
Post #304

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ Feb 15th 2012, 8:34 AM) *

My favorite:

Levine - Moves like Jager

Lambert - Moves like a jackhammer

haha.gif

Loved it...so funny....

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 15th 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #305

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(BHS9697 @ Feb 15th 2012, 6:55 AM) *

Pharrell about Adam: "I feel you're our generations Freddie!"

@QMagazine
Q&a @adamlambert - How does an @americanidol contestant end-up working with @pharrell @nilerodgers & @QueenWillRock http://ow.ly/955M5

http://news.qthemusic.com/2012/02/qa_adam_...w_to_get_f.html

ETA: info about Q here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_(magazine)

Holy crap! This was a great interview!!! So much positivity from Pharrell!

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
sunrise123
post Feb 15th 2012, 5:32 PM
Post #306

This interview is ONE OF THE BEST:

Q&a Adam Lambert - How to get from American Idol to working with Pharrell, Nile Rodgers & Queen

Comments

American Idol contestants are not normally the fodder for our weekly Q&a slot. Runners-up even less so. However when we were invited to hear Adam Lambert's second album Tresspassing, released in March, we were surprised to see that along with expected pop collaborators like Dr Luke, the singer had recorded with Pharrell Williams, cult indie type Sam Sparrow (he of Black And Gold fame) and Nile Rodgers while rumours of further work with Queen's Roger May and Roger Taylor continue. Not just that, with the record's subject matter openly embracing Lambert's sexuality, the singer has used his mainstream launch-pad to challenge the preconceptions of American's right. All in all, a bloke worth sitting down and having a chat with then, which is exactly what we did...

How the devil are you?
"I'm good. I'm happy to be here, despite the cold. I love coming to the UK."

Is it harder for you in the UK because you are known a bit for American Idol, but we didn't see the show or get your back story?
"Yeah, the last album didn't get the attention it deserved but hopefully this time it will be different. But it's been three years. I'll always be associated with the show, which is great because I got to put myself out there and do great music. I really enjoyed my time on it, but hopefully people can start considering me as an artist. This album in particular is more of an artist's album. I got to co-write most of it, I was an executive producer, it's very much my thing! I did the styling, the artwork... I'm a control freak, but I'm doing it from a good place."

Unlike a lot of reality TV types you actually had a decent career as a singer, particularly in musical theatre, before you went on the show, while in the UK it seems you're supposed to have a decent sob story rather than talent. Why get involved?
"It was one of those things where they mentioned my background on the show once and then let it go. I did have to quit all my contracts which was a bit scary because that was my bread and butter, my health insurance... I had to quit and I didn't know if I'd be on the show. I was told, Quit so you can be considered. I thought Oh my God, it was kind of a risk but I knew it was worth taking because of the possible reward."

That reward is national exposure in a country the size of America?
"It's a huge platform, that's why I did it. There's nothing like it, you can't buy PR like it. Right before I auditioned I had started to write some music and I had some experience, talked to some people in the business and got a feel for what it's all about. I was still pretty green, but the impression I got was it's freaking hard to break into! I thought, well I'm a 27 year-old gay musical theatre dude/ club kid so this is not going to be an easy sell. Idol seemed the way to get myself out there."

Were you conscious that it was also a good opportunity to present someone with your sexuality to mainstream American, particularly as a large percentage of that audience might be prejudiced against you if they met you outside the show?
"The best opportunity on the show is to sing songs they identify with. That's the part of the show I approached like a strategy game. It's like Risk. Once you get comfortable in there, each week I would try to - in a good way - manipulate the audience, which is what entertainment is anyway. And it is a game show! My big strategy was to do something totally different each week to keep people guessing and do something that's the opposite to all the other performers so you get the attention."

With this album you're working with Pharrell on two tracks how did that come about? Lots of cash?
"I'm sure there's money involved, that's business, but he has to want to do something. He checked out a lot of what I did and he said to me, I really liked it when you sang the classic rock crap, the Queen songs, the Zeppelin, it's wild, I feel you're our generations Freddie!
I didn't even know how to accept that compliment from him. I'd walked into the session feeling not cool enough to be there! When he said that, I thought he must have an idea of what he wanted to do, so we wrote this song about being an outsider both in the industry and in your life and overcoming it and doing what you want to do. The thing about the album is it is split down the middle. The first half of the album is all upbeat. The second is the underbelly, the dark side. The Pharrell songs are so funky, but what Trespassing is also saying is it takes all this energy to put myself out there like that. I woke really hard to seem strong. I feel it's an example I have to set for gay kids in school or whatever, so they can say, I can be a popstar too. But to fight the adversity and discrimination that's so abundant in the States you have to put up your guard, and the album is kind of about that."

Are you comfortable being a role model - possibly even a martyr - because you were first to put your head above the parapet?
"I don't really have a choice. Some of it has been project onto me and I'm not upset about that. It's a pretty amazing gig to get, there's a lot of pressure and expectation. I don't like it when it overshadows the music. That's the hardest balance to strike, but I think this year, with this album and my life right now, balance is my key word. I'm striving to find it and maintain it. I'm closer to it than I was three years ago that's for sure."

Hence the two sides to the record?
"If everything has an opposite and equal reaction then that's this album. It deals with that give and take. A song like Trespassing is this big anthemic march stating be who you are, be proud, don't listen to the haters, be a rebel, do what you need to do. The flip-side is a song on the album that says when you do that there are consequences sometimes, there are anxieties that come from that and stressful moments, neurosis, pain and confusion. There are songs about that, low self-esteem, image... it's hard. This is not freaking easy!"

You're happy with that, you don't ever think, Leave me out of the politics I just want to sing?
"What's hard about being one of the few [openly gay US popstars] is that even with the gay community there's so much scrutiny from them. Some say you're not being gay enough, too gay, Why are you flamboyant? Why aren't you masculine? You don't represent us well. There are so many different types of gay dude, what's the difference? The gay community celebrates strong women, they don't necessarily celebrate strong men unless they're really straight acting. It's almost a study in extremes and that's what really good things about the album. It's saying no one is really one dimensional."

Not only do you work with established producers the like Pharrell or Dr Luke on this album, Sam Sparrow has written a few songs too.
"He's got some new stuff coming too. We did a B-side around my last album called Voodoo which I really regretted didn't go on the album because it's strong. I looked at the songs I enjoyed performing from that record and the songs that went down well live, and I took a cue from that for this album, an electro, disco, funk feel is something I wanted to chase down. Pharrell opened the door for that and said, This what you should do and with Sam we created two more songs. Shady is one of them and we have Niall Rodgers playing on it. It's about wanting to get nasty and wanting to get into trouble."

Back up a second, Nile Rodgers?
"We were writing the song and we realised we needed something like Nile Rodgers guitar on the record. So Sam said, Why don't we just tweet Nile? So we tweeted him! We said Yo do you want to do something? And he went freak yeah! I brought him the track a few weeks later, he liked it, and he started putting a groove on it. My jaw was on the floor, it was so freaking cool! He took the song and gave it a whole other pocket."

What is your plan for the rest of the year?
"We're figuring it out as we go. I feel like this album will be more of a band thing live. Also I might be doing some more stuff with Queen, that could be great. I can't say but I think something is on the horizon."

What's it like to have an artist like that you've listened to all your life asking you to work with them?
"It's surreal! It's a bit intimidating but because they're so comfortable with it, it makes me comfortable with it. They're incredible. They're so paternal and warm."
Paul Stokes @Stokesie

Wow!!!

Poor Adam with so much to shoulder:

You're happy with that, you don't ever think, Leave me out of the politics I just want to sing?
"What's hard about being one of the few [openly gay US popstars] is that even with the gay community there's so much scrutiny from them. Some say you're not being gay enough, too gay, Why are you flamboyant? Why aren't you masculine? You don't represent us well. There are so many different types of gay dude, what's the difference? The gay community celebrates strong women, they don't necessarily celebrate strong men unless they're really straight acting. It's almost a study in extremes and that's what really good things about the album. It's saying no one is really one dimensional."

Why won't people give Adam the break he deserves?

IT'S TIME.

This post has been edited by sunrise123: Feb 15th 2012, 7:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 15th 2012, 6:44 PM
Post #307

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Just Jared:
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2012/02/14/ad...n-morning-show/

InRock Magazine translation (thanks to Terra):

Adam Lambert Speaks on His Thoughts on His New Album

"Meeting my present boyfriend was an extremely powerful and important event"

On 11 January, at Adam Lambert's management office, we were able to have an early preview of six tracks off his upcoming album Trespassing (due 28 March). (With the exception of "Better Than I Know Myself", his first single due 22 February, the songs were still in a rare, pre-mastered, rough-mix state.) Although the single this time is a gorgeous and dramatic ballad, the other five songs are quite varied.

"Kickin' In" and the album's title track, "Trespassing" – written with N.E.R.D's Pharrell Williams – are dance numbers with extremely funky bass and beats that make one want to get onto one's feet. In both songs, Adam's vocals are a little reminiscent of Michael Jackson and uplift the spirit. "Cuckoo", written with Bonnie Mckee (Katy Perry's "California Gurls", "Teenage Dream"), is an extremely enjoyable dance-pop piece.

These songs are balanced out by the other tracks: For instance there's the slightly dark ballad "Broken English"; and there's also "Underneath", which is a really gorgeous song that begins with just Adam's vocals accompanied by piano. The songs are all brilliant. It seems that Adam has decided to split the songs in Trespassing into two halves of light and dark songs. Both these sides of fun as well as serious, soul-penetrating songs will surely make the album an enjoyable one.

Later in the evening, a media event was held in a room of a stylish hotel near the management office. Adam had been fielding questions as well as getting photos taken by media from Japan and Europe all day. We were last and by the time it came to our turn, it was already past 8PM. Despite all that, Adam was cute and smiley as he answered our questions.

- In the latest press release, you said, "[Trespassing has been] an exciting journey through the past two years of my life. It's been a transformative period." Let's talk about events that have stood out to you in the past two years. What comes to mind?

Adam Lambert: I think it would have to be meeting my present boyfriend. That was an extremely powerful and important event. By building a relationship with him, my life has really changed. It's really enriched my life; it's inspired me and made me feel really good. It's really exciting. I've been seeking a relationship like this for the longest time. My boyfriend feels the same way too.

- Which song in your new album Trespassing reflects this experience?
Adam: There are a few songs that do that. I don't think you've heard it yet, but "Broken English" is a song that reflects the challenges and rewards of this relationship; "Naked Love" also reflects my relationship. There's also "Shady", which is about the night I met my boyfriend. There's also "Outlaws of Love"; well, I've found love – but there are others who are in similar relationships yet face adversity. This song talks about that. The gay and lesbian community faces many obstacles that crop up in different forms. There's lots of positive things for sure, but there are also some very troubling, sad things. I've heard that even in Japan it's difficult to come out. This song is about that. By being open about the love you've chosen, you become an outlaw. Because of this love, you'll never find peace of mind. It's really difficult. And that's why this song is very honest and very real. I hope this song will cheer and uplift people, because it is a song that evokes emotions, and that people can relate to. By bringing these feelings to the forefront, perhaps people that carry this burden of sadness would come to realise that they aren't alone.

- I've heard that the theme of "Outlaws of Love" is on gay marriage. I guess it's not just about that, is it?
Adam: Well, it does include that aspect. But it's not just about marriage, it's also about what it means to be gay. Yet, what's cool about this song is even though I wrote the song with that meaning in mind, when I let friends and family listen to it, their interpretations of it were quite varied. The song is written in a way that's open to interpretation. And that's why, it can be a song about a "Romeo & Juliet"-esque pair of unfortunate lovers; or it could be about the judgement and persecution one faces because of the person one's chosen to love. The song's message is really universal.

- It's something that no matter who you are, you'd be able to relate to, isn't it?
Adam: Yes.

Part 2 of this interview will be continued in the April edition of INROCK.

Arjan Writes:
http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwrites/201...um-details.html

After Elton:
http://www.afterelton.com/briefs-02-14-2012

OK Magazine:
http://www.okmagazine.com/photos/hot-shots...-siriusxm-radio

Socialite Life:
http://socialitelife.com/adam-lambert-visi...s-video-02-2012

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 16th 2012, 5:31 PM
Post #308

AWWWW!!!!!

http://anchorsandmannequins.tumblr.com/post/17726691269/celebrity-file-adam-lambert-the-blonds-fashion-show

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 16th 2012, 5:54 PM
Post #309

So true!!!!!!!!!!!! roll2.gif

Tom and Lorenzo:

The Blonds show was more fun than any room of people should be allowed to have during Fashion Week. High energy doesn’t even begin to describe it. Anyway, Adam was very friendly when we asked for a pic and we think we might have momentarily broken twitter when we uploaded it. Those Glamberts are FAST and ORGANIZED. “Quick, my sisters! A sighting! Descend! Descend!”

http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2012/02/new-y...-row-day-7.html

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 17th 2012, 12:39 AM
Post #310

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 16th 2012, 5:54 PM) *

So true!!!!!!!!!!!! roll2.gif

Tom and Lorenzo:

The Blonds show was more fun than any room of people should be allowed to have during Fashion Week. High energy doesn’t even begin to describe it. Anyway, Adam was very friendly when we asked for a pic and we think we might have momentarily broken twitter when we uploaded it. Those Glamberts are FAST and ORGANIZED. “Quick, my sisters! A sighting! Descend! Descend!”

http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2012/02/new-y...-row-day-7.html

LMAO That guy hasn't even come close to experiencing the ninja-ness of Adam's fans! haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post Feb 17th 2012, 1:13 AM
Post #311

Thu, 16 February 2012 at 10:21 pm
Adam Lambert: Q102 Studios Visit!

Adam Lambert pays a visit to the Q102 iHeart Performance Theater on Thursday (February 16) in Bala Cynwyd, Penn.

The 30-year-old singer met up with radio personalities Nicole and Maxwell, who he chatted with on the air!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Adam Lambert

Adam recently took to Twitter to clear the air about his album Trespassing‘s release date.

“Yes, the album release date has been pushed back. Working on some new songs, making the album even better! Thank you all for understanding,” Adam wrote to his fans. Look out for the album on March 20.
http://justjared.buzznet.com/2012/02/16/ad...-studios-visit/

This post has been edited by barb4Adam: Feb 17th 2012, 1:29 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Feb 17th 2012, 11:23 AM
Post #312

LOL Adam's tweet is a news on BBC World!

Adam Lambert | February 17, 2012
Adam Lambert to Delta: Quit over-booking your flights !

"Better Than I Know Myself" singer Adam Lambert was not bumped off his Delta Airlines flight Thursday but, apparently a few people around him were. Venting his frustrations via Twitter, Lambert says the airline is practing "bad bizness".

"Delta: quit over-booking your flights," said Lambert. Bumping people off a plane cuz you're trying to get out of debt is disgusting. #badbizness (I'm not stuck... But someone close to me got screwed over today)."

While Lambert, best known for his near win of American Idol and songs like "Whataya Want From Me," is frustrated, over-booking is in fact an industry practice.

As reported in a Forbes report, detailing the fact that over 63,000 passengers were bumped due to overbooking in recent years, it is a standard way to hedge against no shows, passengers that may miss or skip a flight or business travelers who may book several flights and get on the one most convenient to their schedule.

Even still, it is definitely an inconvenience when you are bumped. There are those who benefit from overbooking situations though; giving up their seats in exchange for some form of voucher.

In related news, Lambert will be releasing his next album, "Trespassing," this year.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Adam Lambert to Delta: Quit over-booking your flights ! - National Trending Travel | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/trending-travel-in...s#ixzz1meoGBlkN

http://www.examiner.com/trending-travel-in...ng-your-flights

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Feb 17th 2012, 3:00 PM
Post #313

nvm original.gif

This post has been edited by BHS9697: Feb 17th 2012, 3:31 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 17th 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #314

Dean Piper:
http://deanpiper.com/2012/02/17/interview-adam-lambert/

4Music:
http://www.4music.com/news/news/3160/Adam-...m-delayed-again

The Advocate:
http://artdept.advocate.com/post/177442903...ter-than-i-know

Neon Limelight:
http://neonlimelight.com/2012/02/16/adam-l...elight%2F%2F%29

Celebrity Gossip:
http://celebrity-gossip.net/adam-lambert/a...-theater-586380

Socialite Life:
http://socialitelife.com/adam-lambert-perf...s-video-02-2012

Fuse TV:
http://www.fuse.tv/shows/top-100-sexy-beats

In Touch Weekly:
http://www.intouchweekly.com/2012/02/lenay...dam_lambert.php

94.3 The Point:
http://943thepoint.com/catch-adam-lambert-...d-stage-friday/

StyleList:
http://www.stylelist.com/2012/02/17/fashio...981.html?ref=tw

PressParty:
http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/lond...0937/?isworld=y

The Hollywood Reporter:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/idol-wors..._medium=twitter

Adam Lambert Fans NEW MERCHANDISE!
http://adamlambertfans.com/news/63191

On Top Magazine:
http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=10...amp;Category=22

Ultimate Classic Rock:
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/queen-adam-...s-adam-lambert/

Out Magazine:
http://www.out.com/entertainment/popnograp...ontent=FaceBook

92.7 WOBM:
http://wobm.com/adam-lambert-joins-justin-...and-chat-audio/

Ryan Seacrest:
http://ryanseacrest.com/2012/02/03/watch-a...w-myself-video/

Ultimate Guitar:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/genera..._something.html

USA Today:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/id...lease-delayed/1

Pop2It:
http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/02/adam...-something.html

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 18th 2012, 10:14 AM
Post #315

Peope - Style Watch:

http://www.peoplestylewatch.com/people/sty...0.html#21121688

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 18th 2012, 3:23 PM
Post #316

Adam's been all over the net media this week! original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 19th 2012, 9:54 PM
Post #317

It seems that Adam co-wrote on Sam Sparro's new album....

News.com (Australia):

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music...jo0hU0U.twitter

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 19th 2012, 11:04 PM
Post #318

Lifestyle (Yahoo):

http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/beauty/galle...olish/12956376/

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Feb 19th 2012, 11:36 PM
Post #319

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 19th 2012, 9:54 PM) *

It seems that Adam co-wrote on Sam Sparro's new album....

News.com (Australia):

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music...jo0hU0U.twitter

That's awesome. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 20th 2012, 5:18 PM
Post #320

Lifestyle (Yahoo):
http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/beauty/galle...olish/12956376/

Queen Press Release:
http://queenonline.com/en/news-archive/pre...turn-knebworth/

Fault Magazine:
http://fault-magazine.com/2012/02/fault-is...lay-with-queen/

NME:
http://www.nme.com/news/queen/62137

Adam Official:
http://www.adamofficial.com/us/news/adam-s...que-one-concert

BBC Newsbeat (UK):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/17100301?utm..._medium=twitter

Access Hollywood:
http://www.accesshollywood.com/adam-lamber...w_article_60919

USA Today:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/id.../1#.T0LB-ExRfQN

Neon Limelight:
http://neonlimelight.com/2012/02/20/adam-l...elight%2F%2F%29

Outside Edge (UK):
http://outside-org.co.uk/2012/02/queen-ret...onisphere-2012/

PressParty:
http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/adam...ert/view/41064/

Pop Dust:
http://popdust.com/2012/02/20/adam-lambert...phere-festival/

Digital Spy (UK):
http://www.digitalspy.ca/music/news/a36690...am-lambert.html

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post

69 Pages V « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 6:16 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol