Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

69 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> ~~Official~~ Adam 2012 Online Media Articles, Internet and Website Electronic Articles
Love2Lurk
post Feb 4th 2012, 9:21 PM
Post #241

Group: Members

Fav. Adam Lambert

Fingers....still crossed thumbsup.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 4th 2012, 9:21 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

stardust1213
post Feb 5th 2012, 1:09 AM
Post #242

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(donnamb @ Feb 4th 2012, 9:57 PM) *

My 28 year old daughter just called. She was listening to Providence RI radio today and heard the Queen story, Thought she would check with the "source" since that didn't seem quite right.

Haha! My sister texted me... She's in Colorado and read an article re: Adam and Queen.... She actually believed it... but I'm sure she texted me.. just to make sure. I told her... When Adam or Queen confirms it.. then it's true. Sure enough.. Adam tweeted! haha.gif Love him heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 5th 2012, 11:53 AM
Post #243

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

I just love this review!!!!

http://www.popstar.com/News/Music/Article/194

Adam Lambert Reveals His Light and Dark Side in New Video

As the Glam Nation gathered anxiously around VEVO early Saturday morning to witness the unveiling of Adam Lambert's new video for his latest single Better Than I Know Myself, they were sure of one thing - it was going to be epic.

We must say, the video is beautifully constructed with images that tell the story of dark vs. light along with the sometimes agonizing quest for balance. Filmed partially in dual-screen format, it depicts a struggle that plagues us all and for a story that's as old as sin, Adam Lambert has added his own unique spin.

He has crooned it in the past... "There's a thin line between the dark side and the light side..", however the line of distinction is far less blurry here. "Dark" Adam is depicted as an angry, self-loathing, destructive, pomegranate-pulping, tequila-swilling tough guy with amber eyes and a tortured soul. He also has a raging need to antagonize his alter-ego, played by "light" Adam.

"Light" Adam is, of course, less filling. He's sips hot tea, reads leather-bound books, tidies his sterile habitat, practices his daily yoga exercises.... Oh, and makes grown men cry and wanton women weep over the utter sexiness of a shabby old sweater and a well worn pair of jeans.

How does he do that?

With careful precision.

He's got three other videos under his sexy studded belt now, and what we are learning is that every frame, every image and every prop has a purpose. In other words, there are no accidents with this guy.

That's why we want to watch it over and over again. That, and the fact that the camera adores him almost as much as his fans do. It eats him up, along with every emotion he so richly displays. From the shy-guy-next-door to the venomous, eye-f*cking glam-lord, there's no short-changing the audience on this one. It's packed with samples of dark and light (just as he promised) and the mind-numbing vocals that will always remain at the forefront of everything he does. Who on earth knew it could be so captivating to see this age-old struggle played out in such an intensely provocative manner?

Um, Adam Lambert?

Precisely.

The video's biggest draw (or hook, if you will) is that fans get to suck in a deep breath and witness Adam Lambert in the throes of an intense emotional shootout - with himself. Acting out from either side of a glass window, "dark" Adam and "light" Adam move through life sharing the same oxygen, yet it's apparent that they are both suffocating. One cannot live with the other, yet they would die apart ("You're the only thing in this world I would die without"). It's a clear case of cat and mouse, Yin and Yang, "soft 'n sweet" vs "turn up the heat"..You Get the picture.

It's not the first time Adam has made reference to the light and dark sides of himself. Actually, he brings it up a lot. It's been his quest to find balance since he stepped into the spotlight, and it appears as though he's finally found it. As the video ends with "dark" and "light" Adam merging for a final strut, all is right with the world.

Epic, in fact.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Feb 5th 2012, 1:21 PM
Post #244

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 5th 2012, 11:53 AM) *

As the Glam Nation gathered anxiously around VEVO early Saturday morning to witness the unveiling of Adam Lambert's new video for his latest single Better Than I Know Myself, they were sure of one thing - it was going to be epic.

We must say, the video is beautifully constructed with images that tell the story of dark vs. light along with the sometimes agonizing quest for balance. Filmed partially in dual-screen format, it depicts a struggle that plagues us all and for a story that's as old as sin, Adam Lambert has added his own unique spin.

He has crooned it in the past... "There's a thin line between the dark side and the light side..", however the line of distinction is far less blurry here. "Dark" Adam is depicted as an angry, self-loathing, destructive, pomegranate-pulping, tequila-swilling tough guy with amber eyes and a tortured soul. He also has a raging need to antagonize his alter-ego, played by "light" Adam.

"Light" Adam is, of course, less filling. He's sips hot tea, reads leather-bound books, tidies his sterile habitat, practices his daily yoga exercises.... Oh, and makes grown men cry and wanton women weep over the utter sexiness of a shabby old sweater and a well worn pair of jeans.

How does he do that?

With careful precision.

He's got three other videos under his sexy studded belt now, and what we are learning is that every frame, every image and every prop has a purpose. In other words, there are no accidents with this guy.

That's why we want to watch it over and over again. That, and the fact that the camera adores him almost as much as his fans do. It eats him up, along with every emotion he so richly displays. From the shy-guy-next-door to the venomous, eye-f*cking glam-lord, there's no short-changing the audience on this one. It's packed with samples of dark and light (just as he promised) and the mind-numbing vocals that will always remain at the forefront of everything he does. Who on earth knew it could be so captivating to see this age-old struggle played out in such an intensely provocative manner?

Um, Adam Lambert?

Precisely.

The video's biggest draw (or hook, if you will) is that fans get to suck in a deep breath and witness Adam Lambert in the throes of an intense emotional shootout - with himself. Acting out from either side of a glass window, "dark" Adam and "light" Adam move through life sharing the same oxygen, yet it's apparent that they are both suffocating. One cannot live with the other, yet they would die apart ("You're the only thing in this world I would die without"). It's a clear case of cat and mouse, Yin and Yang, "soft 'n sweet" vs "turn up the heat"..You Get the picture.

It's not the first time Adam has made reference to the light and dark sides of himself. Actually, he brings it up a lot. It's been his quest to find balance since he stepped into the spotlight, and it appears as though he's finally found it. As the video ends with "dark" and "light" Adam merging for a final strut, all is right with the world.

Epic, in fact.

Me too. thumbsup.gif Chills.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 5th 2012, 1:57 PM
Post #245

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 5th 2012, 11:53 AM) *

How does he do that?

With careful precision.

Um, Adam Lambert?

Precisely.

Epic, in fact.

This reviewer hit the nail on the head directly about the video. I couldn't have said it better.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 5th 2012, 2:01 PM
Post #246

Group Icon

Another amazing review:

http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwrites/201...deo-review.html

Adam Lambert "Better Than I Know Myself" [Video Review]

Adam Lambert will be the first to tell you that he's not perfect. Some choose to hide their flaws and not-so flattering moments, but the singer has the confidence to face his imperfections and turn them into a strength. Lambert fully embraces his humanity in his music and performance, and the excellent new video for his current hit single "Better Than I Know Myself" is a perfect example of that.

"Better Than I Know Myself" is a gritty and gut-wrenching pop ballad that was produced by Dr Luke and co-written by Claude Kelly. The song taps into the frenzy of emotions that often goes along with a relationship that is on the brink of survival. Lambert perfectly captures that very moment that you sit down and try to make sense of it all.

In a recent interview, Lambert explains, "Sometimes you screw up or you say something to hurt your partner’s feelings, or you haven’t been supportive.This song basically owns that, says, ‘Look, I’m sorry. Sometimes I’m not perfect but without you I don’t know what I would do with myself. I need you because you are the only person that knows me better than I know myself."

Sobering lyrics like, "I get kind of dark (. . .) but try to see my heart, clearly inspired the video for the song that depicts the conflicting forces that can destroy the special bond between two people. In the video, Lambert is pictured both as his calm, Zen-self who is meditating and fully in control sipping tea, while next door his antagonizing alter ego is creating a ruckus, drinking and playing with fire. But every ying needs its yang, and at the end of the video the two scenes collide with "troubled" Adam reaching to "peaceful" Adam to unite as one.

Lambert further amplifies the message of the song in the closing scene of the video when he walks down a Los Angeles street. He pierces into the camera and reveals that he has two different eye colors. It's proof that he has found a way to balance his inner-conflict.

It may be just a storyline for the video, but it's also a fitting nod to Lambert's own artistry that balances between dealing with people's expectations, and his ongoing desire to take risks and to push his boundaries as an entertainer. It's those two very public sides of him that make Lambert truly one of the most exciting new male forces in pop to reckon with.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
svca
post Feb 5th 2012, 2:16 PM
Post #247

Wow, it so totally warms my heart to see reviews like this. I'm so proud of Adam and I want the world for him, just like I do for my kids, so to see other people appreciate him and his art just makes my day.

I hope he gets to see all these great reviews.

I love him heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jnmk
post Feb 5th 2012, 2:17 PM
Post #248

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 5th 2012, 2:01 PM) *

Another amazing review:

http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwrites/201...deo-review.html

It may be just a storyline for the video, but it's also a fitting nod to Lambert's own artistry that balances between dealing with people's expectations, and his ongoing desire to take risks and to push his boundaries as an entertainer. It's those two very public sides of him that make Lambert truly one of the most exciting new male forces in pop to reckon with.

love this! yes.gif

arjan is the grammy blogger guy.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
loveroftalent
post Feb 5th 2012, 2:26 PM
Post #249

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(svca @ Feb 5th 2012, 2:16 PM) *

Wow, it so totally warms my heart to see reviews like this. I'm so proud of Adam and I want the world for him, just like I do for my kids, so to see other people appreciate him and his art just makes my day.

I hope he gets to see all these great reviews.

I love him heart.gif

I know I feel the same way...So happy and proud for him....

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 5th 2012, 7:33 PM
Post #250

Group Icon

Daily Star's review of the London Showcase:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/2...ts-Club-London/

SET LIST: ADAM LAMBERT, ARTS CLUB, LONDON

ABOVE: American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert pulled off a top set / HAYLEY MADDEN

First single Better Than I Know Myself is a stirring rock ballad of huge sing-along proportions
6th February 2012 By Kim DawsonYour

PERCHED on a stool in a tiny venue, the giant voice of American Idol’s Adam Lambert was given the stripped-back treatment.

While he still looked glam – his sprig of huge hair screams popstar – gone were the usual electro-pumping beats for this showcase to introduce his new second album Trespassing.

And what better way to show off those serious pipes.

First single Better Than I Know Myself is a stirring rock ballad of huge sing-along proportions.

In the video, good Adam battles bad Adam, and on Saturday had more than half a million YouTube views after its first day of release.

But it’s not even the best track in the new batch of material.

Album title track Trespassing, co-written with Pharrell Williams, is a million-dollar smash.

“No trespassing, my ass/Wait til ya get a load of me,” Adam roared in confident, cheeky strides with a lip curl as fine as that of Elvis.

However, it’s the stirring Outlaws Of Love which will push Adam into the next level of super- star status.

Lady GaGa’s Born This Way opened the doors for the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender community to finally feel good about themselves.

This gorgeous track – about equality for all – takes that to the next level.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Feb 5th 2012, 8:41 PM
Post #251

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 5th 2012, 7:33 PM) *

ABOVE: American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert pulled off a top set / HAYLEY MADDEN

First single Better Than I Know Myself is a stirring rock ballad of huge sing-along proportions

PERCHED on a stool in a tiny venue, the giant voice of American Idol’s Adam Lambert was given the stripped-back treatment.

While he still looked glam – his sprig of huge hair screams popstar – gone were the usual electro-pumping beats for this showcase to introduce his new second album Trespassing.

First single Better Than I Know Myself is a stirring rock ballad of huge sing-along proportions.

In the video, good Adam battles bad Adam, and on Saturday had more than half a million YouTube views after its first day of release.

Album title track Trespassing, co-written with Pharrell Williams, is a million-dollar smash.

“No trespassing, my ass/Wait til ya get a load of me,” Adam roared in confident, cheeky strides with a lip curl as fine as that of Elvis.

However, it’s the stirring Outlaws Of Love which will push Adam into the next level of super- star status.

Lady GaGa’s Born This Way opened the doors for the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual and transgender community to finally feel good about themselves.

This gorgeous track – about equality for all – takes that to the next level.

Can't wait for this album. What do we have - about 6 weeks?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 5th 2012, 11:10 PM
Post #252

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ Feb 5th 2012, 8:41 PM) *

Can't wait for this album. What do we have - about 6 weeks?

43 days!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 6th 2012, 1:49 AM
Post #253

Group Icon

Fresh new insight from Adam regarding the video! Niiiiiice!

MTV Asia:
http://www.mtvasia.com/news/adam-lambert-b...Wu7-YWs.twitter

Bad-boy Lambert and nice-guy Lambert are at war with each in new clip.
Feb 6, 2012

Source: Jocelyn Vena

Adam Lambert dropped his new video for his first Trespassing single, "Better Than I Know Myself," on Friday (February 3).

The video takes a look at the two sides of Lambert: a leather-wearing, liquor-swilling bad boy and a sweater-donning, tea-drinking homebody.

During the video, the two personas seem to battle it out in different apartments connected by a clear wall and one oxygen supply.

In the end, as the bad Lambert sets his apartment on fire, killing good-guy Lambert's air supply, the wall breaks down. The good seems to seep into his apartment as he rescues his better half. The video ends with one Lambert, walking down a sun-drenched street, seeming to be at peace with himself.

"It's about the relationship you have with yourself between your dark and light side," Lambert, who will reportedly hit the road with Queen this summer, explained to MTV News. "It's about duality. It's about that balance and finding it and struggling to maintain it and what that means. It's an emotionally complicated video and I hope people are open-minded about it. I thought really hard and long about what was covered in it and what I was trying to say with it."

The video does seem to nod to his "Whataya Want From Me" clip. "It's a cousin to that. ... There is something similar to 'Whataya Want From Me.' I think that domesticated version of myself is my idealistic better version of me," he explained. "It's the me I want to be in my right mind. It's the most happy, content, peaceful, wholesome version of myself."

The clip was directed by Ray Kay (who also worked with Lambert on his "For Your Entertainment" video), and Lambert came up with the treatment with his "Whataya" director, Diane Martel. "I just think visually [Kay's] so great. He's so great. He creates great pictures," he said, adding a big "thank you" to Martel for her help. "It's a big collaboration of a lot of different ideas."

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 6th 2012, 7:39 AM
Post #254

MTV"s so supportive. I love it. I hope that they'll be this supportive when it comes time to play his video on air!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post Feb 6th 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #255

Just another contest maybe, but do love to see Adam on top!! w00twave.gif
IPB Image
Die BRAVO-Charts!
http://www.bravo.de/stars/musik-charts/charts

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 6th 2012, 1:42 PM
Post #256

Group Icon

I just adore Chunkey! roll2.gif

http://www.thehomeplanet.org/2012/02/insid...-i-know-myself/

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
frank1088
post Feb 6th 2012, 1:57 PM
Post #257

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 6th 2012, 1:42 PM) *

OMG! Im sitting alone in my kitchen laughing like a mental patient! P.S. I think the Cardigan needs its own Twitter account haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 6th 2012, 2:01 PM
Post #258

QUOTE(barb4Adam @ Feb 6th 2012, 12:15 PM) *

Just another contest maybe, but do love to see Adam on top!! w00twave.gif
IPB Image
Die BRAVO-Charts!
http://www.bravo.de/stars/musik-charts/charts

GAH! I fell for it. I tried to click on the dot in your pic to vote. blushing.gif ph34rwave.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sunrise123
post Feb 6th 2012, 4:42 PM
Post #259

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 5th 2012, 7:33 PM) *

This gorgeous track – about equality for all – takes that to the next level

WOW!

This is amazing, because the Daily Star is one of THE trashiest UK tabloids - sadly we have a number!!! - who traditionally have been purveyors of topless girlie shots, salacious stories (often made up or ridiculously exaggerated, a friend of a friend said...) and football and nothing much else. The whole focus has in the past been very misogynistic and implicitly homophobic.

It makes me so very happy that people are changing their points of view and that Adam is getting a fair hearing in all sections of the media.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 6th 2012, 4:58 PM
Post #260

Group Icon

She gave Adam a onesie!!!! Now Sauli and Adam are a TRUE couple! roll2.gif

http://sassys.se/2012/02/06/adam-lambert-2/

Google translate:

I was given the exclusive opportunity for an intimate interview with none other than Adam Lambert, known from American Idol and with hit songs like "Whataya want from me" and "if i had you"!

Adam has in the past week launched its new song, "Better than i know my self," and has a new album on G, Trespassing to be released soon! Adam explained that in his new album will get to know him in to the skin, he explained that the album contains songs that are PARTY and describes one's fortunate and happy moments in life, but that there is also a deeper side, and songs, as Adam himself described it, which is like a emotionallhangover, a word which, incidentally, I will anama, känslomässigbakfylla .. GRUNT

Adam was very humble and genuine, he offered himself and spoke openly about everything from what he ate for dinner to his magnificent performance with QUEEN's at EMA Awards 2011th Adam feels genuine and honest and is a guy I will follow, for him, we can expect great things!

ADAM FOR PRESIDENT

I took the opportunity to make sure that Adam stay warm and stylish in the winter cold and gave him one of my ziperaller

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post

69 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 22nd 2014, 8:37 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol