Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's your two month Kelly CD verdict now?, Has the euphoria wore off and is it still there?
smilefountain
post Dec 25th 2011, 2:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

It's been two months and most of us have had the CD playing for two months. I wonder, do you still like it as much? Are you not playing it as much? How do you think it stacks up to "All I Ever Wanted" now or to her earlier albums.

Me, I still play it as much but the sequencing makes me crazy. With All I Ever Wanted, I could go from "My Life Would Suck" to "If I Can't Have you" or "Already Gone" without changing. I tend to listen to "What doesn't kill you" first and then skip toward the end of the CD with "You Can't Win" and "Let Me Down" I like the two albums about the same but I really liked the last one so that is not a negative.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 25th 2011, 2:23 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Liat275
post Dec 25th 2011, 2:30 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. Band: RBD

I love it soo much,i play it once a week to not get too tired of it original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Dec 25th 2011, 7:14 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

I love it, its my favorite album from her and is the most played album I have since I got it.

With AIEW I skipped around a lot but with Stronger I can just let it play all the way through. The only one that gets skipped from time to time is Standing In Front of You.

I still think its loaded with even more hits than Breakaway but that just my opinion. grin.gif

It would be interesting to see what things would've been like now if this album had followed Breakaway.

This post has been edited by kclarkson1323: Dec 25th 2011, 7:24 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
TV3: Cassadee| TV4: Danielle| TV5: Jacquie| TV6: Christina| AI13: Jena Irene|
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Dec 25th 2011, 7:18 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

I still love it. It's a great album. I've just recently started skipping "Einstein" and I've always skipped "Standing In Front of You" because I think it's way too boring compared to the rest of the album. I also skip "Don't You Wanna Stay" usually just because it doesn't flow with the album imo. And I overplayed it before Stronger got released roll.gif

But overall yes I do still love the album and I do listen to it without any skips a lot of the time. I love all of her albums equally for different reasons though. Each one probably has one song that I don't always listen to in a run through the album, but after the freshness wears off of an album that is normal. I generally love every song on each album and I think that they are all equally good, just in very different ways.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Treefroggiefreak
post Dec 26th 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

It's a great album, but I definitely like All I Ever Wanted and My December more. I pretty much mostly listen to Mr. Know It All, Stronger, You Love Me, Let Me Down, Breaking Your Own Heart, and The Sun Will Rise. There's occasionally another song that slips in there, but if I'm playing songs from the album it's typically one of those listed.

--------------------
IPB Image
Kristen O'Connor || Majesty York || Jillian Jensen || Sam Woolf || Alex Preston || George Lovett Hamilton
+Quote Post
Clarkson_Is_Life
post Dec 26th 2011, 9:11 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

Still like it more than AIEW. grin.gif

But, I'll admit that I don't listen to the whole thing anymore.

Mr. Know It All
Stronger
Dark Side
Honestly
You Love Me

Einstein (skip)
Standing In Front Of You (skip)
I Forgive You (skip)
Hello
The War Is Over
Let Me Down

You Can't Win (skip)
Breaking Your Own Heart (skip)
Don't You Wanna Stay (w/ Jason Aldean) (skip)
Alone
Don't Be A Girl About It
The Sun Will Rise

--------------------
+Quote Post
Shasta357
post Dec 27th 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. XFUK: Ella Henderson

It's a great album, though All I Ever Wanted is still my favorite. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Dec 30th 2011, 1:23 AM
Post #8

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

I'm still loving the album! My most skipped songs are Einstein (of course bloated.gif ) and WDYT. WDYT does not fit with the album at all and it's kind of a bore to me imo. I don't dislike the song though. I love Kelly's soulful side

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Dec 30th 2011, 9:42 AM
Post #9

The itunes sessions version of WDYT is much better than the album version.

--------------------
IPB Image
TV3: Cassadee| TV4: Danielle| TV5: Jacquie| TV6: Christina| AI13: Jena Irene|
+Quote Post
Musicbaby123
post Dec 30th 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #10

Fav. AI10: Lauren Alaina
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

I still love it. I think it is way better than All I Ever wanted. My December will always be my favorite though. The only songs I don't like on the new album are Einstein and I forgive you. I also skip Mr. Know it all. I still listen to it almost every day. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
clarksonnumber1
post Dec 30th 2011, 1:36 PM
Post #11

My December is still my favorite album of hers and the one I constantly I listen to from beginning to end. There are a few weak songs on Stronger that My December was lacking so I'd have to say Stronger is right around Breakaway for me as the second best album of hers. My opinion hasn't changed at all over time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Dec 30th 2011, 1:46 PM
Post #12

Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

I know I posted in this earlier, but I thought it was a cool idea to talk about which ones we skip and which ones we don't. So I figured I'd post again haha.gif

1. Mr. Know It All (It's a toss up. There's some days when I'm REALLY feeling this song and love listening to it, and others when I want to skip to "What Doesn't Kill You")
2. What Doesn't Kill You (Always listen. I love it more now than when it leaked forever ago yes.gif )
3. Dark Side (I usually don't ever skip this one. Only on rare days do I skip)
4. Honestly (Don't think I've ever skipped it.)
5. You Love Me (Mostly always listen)
6. Einstein (I've skipped it before. All of these ones that I sometimes skip are really toss ups depending on my mood I guess. And how far I'm driving)
7. Standing In Front of You (I think I've listened to this one....maybe like 4 times since I got the CD two months ago blarg.gif It's so random on this album. It's a nice song, but that's it for me. Nothing amazing and I would have much rather had a "Because of You" or "Cry" type track in its place)
8. I Forgive You (Love it. Always listen)
9. Hello (Usually listen)
10. The War Is Over (I LOVE this song lately. I think I skipped it earlier in the time I had the album, but not recently)
11. Let Me Down (ALWAYS listen to this one)
12. You Can't Win (Always listen)
13. Breaking Your Own Heart (I don't think I've ever skipped this one either.)
14. Don't You Wanna Stay (I always skip this one, only because I overplayed it for myself and I'd rather hear the other bonus tracks instead)
15. Alone (Rarely skipped)
16. Don't Be A Girl About It (Rarely skipped)
17. The Sun Will Rise (Never skipped)

Basically any songs that I said I skip sometimes (except for SIFOY and DYWS) it is usually because I am driving somewhere close and would rather hear other songs. But I can most definitely listen to it all the way through...multiple times...on repeat in my car haha.gif And that's actually including the 2 that I mentioned not liking quite as much. There aren't any songs on this album that I just straight up don't like.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 20th 2014, 4:11 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol