Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Song Of Ice And Fire, George R. R. Martin
tireswing
post Dec 23rd 2011, 3:38 PM
Post #1

Kelly is my BFF

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI11: Erika Van Pelt

I know I'm not the only one who's into this series! The TV show is awesome too, obviously.

--------------------

IPB Image
CUf is my fave | AI11: EVP, Skylar, Hollie
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 23rd 2011, 3:38 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

poopooface
post Jan 21st 2012, 4:47 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(tireswing @ Dec 23rd 2011, 3:38 PM) *

I know I'm not the only one who's into this series! The TV show is awesome too, obviously.

I guess you are. Just kidding! I'm into it too!
I haven't read the newest one yet though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tireswing
post Jan 31st 2012, 1:32 PM
Post #3

Kelly is my BFF

QUOTE(poopooface @ Jan 21st 2012, 3:47 PM) *

I guess you are. Just kidding! I'm into it too!
I haven't read the newest one yet though.

lmao.gif Nobody ever comes to this forum, I guess. sad.gif I've only read the first two but I have all of them except for the newest one. I'm going to start A Storm Of Swords when I'm finished with my library books.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Feb 5th 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(tireswing @ Jan 31st 2012, 1:32 PM) *

lmao.gif Nobody ever comes to this forum, I guess. sad.gif I've only read the first two but I have all of them except for the newest one. I'm going to start A Storm Of Swords when I'm finished with my library books.

oooh. You're in for a treat. The third one is my favorite.

--------------------
+Quote Post
tireswing
post Mar 3rd 2012, 6:35 PM
Post #5

Kelly is my BFF

Epic new trailer is epic. Is it April yet?

Also I'm FINALLY about to start ASOS. Idk if I'm prepared, tbh.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Sadora
post Mar 3rd 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #6

Fav. AI6: Melinda Doolittle
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta

QUOTE(tireswing @ Mar 3rd 2012, 6:35 PM) *

Epic new trailer is epic. Is it April yet?

I made a thread for the show here:

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=681506

I actually haven't read any of the books. I'm reading too many other things at the moment.

--------------------
XFAU6: Dean Ray, Reigan Derry, Tee, Jason Heerah, XOX
XFUK11: Andrea Faustini, Lauren Platt, Paul Akister, Fleur East, Ben Haenow, Lola Saunders, Only the Young
+Quote Post
Erestor
post Mar 4th 2012, 8:26 AM
Post #7

I love the new trailer. omg.gif It's all kinds of epic. And F&TM's song only adds epicness to it. heart.gif

--------------------
Fell from the sky

We fell from the sky and started walking

Leavin' our footprints on the ground
+Quote Post
Nakata
post Mar 4th 2012, 1:35 PM
Post #8

I'm quite surprised that so few people write about this series. Even after the show. Well, you can prepare now for the long essay, how and why I loved these books so much. giggle.gif I donít know how do I put that into words. I mean.. okay.

First off, about Martinís talent. This guy has an incredible imagination and I am glad that I could become a part of this story, that I can participate in this, undoubtedly, a fantastic journey through the fabulous, sometimes terrible, lands of Westeros. Itís just an amazing piece of the literature and has a bunch of awesome people, with whom you can experience something incredible.

There are also some people that are just meh/why are you here?/please leaveÖ and I love this too. haha.gif This book made me cry, laugh, scream, cry, cry, and cry (mostly cry). Every single chapter kept me hooked and Iím in love with every single story line. Every single one. I don't know what my feelings are doing when I'm reading this. When I'm really into a novel, I'm seeing the world differently during that time - not just for the hour or so in the day when I get to read. Iím actually walking around in a bit of a haze, spellbound by the book and looking at everything through a different prism. I cannot even begin to describe how much time Iíve spent daydreaming, crying, and just generally caring about some of them. So what if they aren't real? Theyíre real enough to me.

I love that series and the world that it is set in. In ASoIaF life is cheap, words are dangerous and honor is everything, itís a series about betrayal, duty, sex and conquest. Either way, my opinion should totally be that itís amazing and exciting and perfect and magnificent and every other possible term for Ąflawless in every wayĒ. wink.gif But on the other hand this is also literally the saddest thing Iíve read in a while. And now Iím crying again. Because of the upcoming season 2. This series took my heart and tore it into a million tiny pieces. ASoIaF crippled me emotionally, I donít even know how much more I can take. Please to the old gods and new, make GRRM stop killing my soul. I remember someone's comment about the books, something like: Reading the A Song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy and then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy, and punches you in the face. Hm yeah more or less. roll2.gif

But yes becoming obsessed over this the last few months was certainly a great time. It was almost 2,000 pages long and I still didnít want it to end. Iím so glad there are 2 more books ahead for me to read (A Dance with Dragons cuz it just appeared in Poland and that new one what could have been reading on the Internet).

I recommend this series to absolutely everyone.
In conclusion, ASoIaF is the best. I canít really say more than that.

And yet I'm really incredibly, ridiculously, overwhelmingly excited for season 2. spaz.gif Every time I see new trailer Iím able to write only something like ďohmygodĒ. And that last one with Florence's song. omg.gif It shows Game of Thrones in a different light - more magical, more mystical. And I absolutely love this. It's like perfect combination for me, cause I love Florence. Yet the entire month...

QUOTE(tireswing @ Mar 3rd 2012, 6:35 PM) *

My favourite book.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
tireswing
post Mar 5th 2012, 2:18 AM
Post #9

Kelly is my BFF

QUOTE(Nakata @ Mar 4th 2012, 12:35 PM) *

I'm quite surprised that so few people write about this series. Even after the show. Well, you can prepare now for the long essay, how and why I loved these books so much. giggle.gif I donít know how do I put that into words. I mean.. okay.

First off, about Martinís talent. This guy has an incredible imagination and I am glad that I could become a part of this story, that I can participate in this, undoubtedly, a fantastic journey through the fabulous, sometimes terrible, lands of Westeros. Itís just an amazing piece of the literature and has a bunch of awesome people, with whom you can experience something incredible.

There are also some people that are just meh/why are you here?/please leaveÖ and I love this too. haha.gif This book made me cry, laugh, scream, cry, cry, and cry (mostly cry). Every single chapter kept me hooked and Iím in love with every single story line. Every single one. I don't know what my feelings are doing when I'm reading this. When I'm really into a novel, I'm seeing the world differently during that time - not just for the hour or so in the day when I get to read. Iím actually walking around in a bit of a haze, spellbound by the book and looking at everything through a different prism. I cannot even begin to describe how much time Iíve spent daydreaming, crying, and just generally caring about some of them. So what if they aren't real? Theyíre real enough to me.

I love that series and the world that it is set in. In ASoIaF life is cheap, words are dangerous and honor is everything, itís a series about betrayal, duty, sex and conquest. Either way, my opinion should totally be that itís amazing and exciting and perfect and magnificent and every other possible term for Ąflawless in every wayĒ. wink.gif But on the other hand this is also literally the saddest thing Iíve read in a while. And now Iím crying again. Because of the upcoming season 2. This series took my heart and tore it into a million tiny pieces. ASoIaF crippled me emotionally, I donít even know how much more I can take. Please to the old gods and new, make GRRM stop killing my soul. I remember someone's comment about the books, something like: Reading the A Song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy and then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy, and punches you in the face. Hm yeah more or less. roll2.gif

But yes becoming obsessed over this the last few months was certainly a great time. It was almost 2,000 pages long and I still didnít want it to end. Iím so glad there are 2 more books ahead for me to read (A Dance with Dragons cuz it just appeared in Poland and that new one what could have been reading on the Internet).

I recommend this series to absolutely everyone.
In conclusion, ASoIaF is the best. I canít really say more than that.

And yet I'm really incredibly, ridiculously, overwhelmingly excited for season 2. spaz.gif Every time I see new trailer Iím able to write only something like ďohmygodĒ. And that last one with Florence's song. omg.gif It shows Game of Thrones in a different light - more magical, more mystical. And I absolutely love this. It's like perfect combination for me, cause I love Florence. Yet the entire month...
My favourite book.

Everything that you said is so lovely and true, and also makes me kind of anxious to finish the series. laughing.gif I'm trying not to rush through it, though, as it's pretty awesome not knowing what's about to happen.

It seems ASOS is a lot of people's favorite! It's pretty great so far, even though I'm only about 100 pages in.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Abybaby
post Mar 19th 2012, 9:08 AM
Post #10

^I just started on the 3rd book as well, just getting prepared for season 2. w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
tireswing
post Mar 19th 2012, 8:05 PM
Post #11

Kelly is my BFF

QUOTE(Abybaby @ Mar 19th 2012, 9:08 AM) *

^I just started on the 3rd book as well, just getting prepared for season 2. w00t.gif

I'm done with it now.. and it was amazing and perfect. heart.gif One of my favorite books ever. You're in for a treat.

--------------------

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Abybaby
post Mar 24th 2012, 10:23 AM
Post #12

^just finished it as well, my what a bloodbath noexpression.gif
just starting the 4th book, kinda disappointed that some of my fave characters are not there but anyway... *continues reading*

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
thegreathoo
post May 12th 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #13

Fav. AI11: Kristine Osorio

I just started reading the Clash of Kings (150th page) beacuse it is current to season 2. The books has a great pace to it, similar to the TV series, so reading is a breeze. But more than, the language is pointed, efficient, and beautifully descriptive, so it is a joy to read. Finally, with many characters and plots it is nicely layered that it fills and lingers in memory as a rich experience.

--------------------
+Quote Post
angelj1884
post Jul 21st 2012, 11:19 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: IDF SYTYCD Journalist

Fav. SYTYCDA1: Jack Chambers

I got into the show first but didn't start to read the books until I finished the second season. I just finished A Storm Of Swords last night and I loved all three of the books. So much death, though. Good Lord what a bloodbath this last book was. The next season (or two since I hear the next book will be split up over two seasons) will be intense. I have been voraciously reading them for the last several weeks. I don't want to read all of the published books right now, though, so I'm taking a break before diving into A Feast For Crows.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Konjim
post Nov 23rd 2012, 2:29 AM
Post #15

Yes this really amazing tv Show , I am also like this . Your not only who like this icecream.gif

--------------------
---------------------------------------

God Krishna Books
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Feb 28th 2013, 10:10 PM
Post #16

So who finally got around to reading book 5? ohyeah.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 20th 2014, 6:44 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol