Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What David should do to stay in touch during his mission
Upside
post Feb 7th 2012, 7:32 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

QUOTE(Freo @ Feb 7th 2012, 5:49 PM) *

It is not openly talked about, but yes, gay Mormon guys do go on missions. Some come out after the mission; others don't marry and remain celebrate; and others remain closeted and marry a woman anyone so they can stay in the church. The Internet is abound with stories from currently practicing Mormons and ex-Mormons about these situations.

David will be releasing gospel music (usually code for LDS hymns) during his absence. Actually, I would be surprised if the music is not LDS.

Be prepared to be surprised. He just said on his Star World live chat that one of the projects he hopes to work on to release during his mission is a gospel song, but he did not say it would be his only project. Also, when David says gospel, I think he means gospel like Kirk Franklin who he has repeatedly cited as an influence. I don't think Franklin is LDS. Based on his tweets from last year, I bet he will be releasing songs from Lady V, Dapo, Matt Squire, Eman and Daniel Bedingfield. Don't think any of these writers and producers are LDS. Finally, I think he will follow through on releasing the new songs from the ATE of TOSOD. Again, I don't recall any LDS songs on that CD. So, is it possible that he may release an LDS song during the mission? Yes. But to say that he will only release LDS music is beyond ridiculous, with all due respect.

By the way, thanks to everyone for providing such constructive comments on what David's team can do during his mission to keep his name out there.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 7th 2012, 7:32 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Freo
post Feb 7th 2012, 7:53 PM
Post #42

Thanks for your response and I hope you are right. It is entirely conceivable to argue that he will only release LDS music or perhaps general religious music because he will be under the church jurisdiction during a formal proselytizing mission, and missionaries are usually allowed to only listen to or sing church-approved music.

QUOTE(Upside @ Feb 7th 2012, 8:32 PM) *

Be prepared to be surprised. He just said on his Star World live chat that one of the projects he hopes to work on to release during his mission is a gospel song, but he did not say it would be his only project. Also, when David says gospel, I think he means gospel like Kirk Franklin who he has repeatedly cited as an influence. I don't think Franklin is LDS. Based on his tweets from last year, I bet he will be releasing songs from Lady V, Dapo, Matt Squire, Eman and Daniel Bedingfield. Don't think any of these writers and producers are LDS. Finally, I think he will follow through on releasing the new songs from the ATE of TOSOD. Again, I don't recall any LDS songs on that CD. So, is it possible that he may release an LDS song during the mission? Yes. But to say that he will only release LDS music is beyond ridiculous, with all due respect.

By the way, thanks to everyone for providing such constructive comments on what David's team can do during his mission to keep his name out there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kennedy
post Feb 9th 2012, 12:47 AM
Post #43

QUOTE(Freo @ Feb 7th 2012, 8:53 PM) *

Thanks for your response and I hope you are right. It is entirely conceivable to argue that he will only release LDS music or perhaps general religious music because he will be under the church jurisdiction during a formal proselytizing mission, and missionaries are usually allowed to only listen to or sing church-approved music.

David actually said Uplifting music AND Gospel music. Both. (different interview)
He could pretty much release anything he records. ( And probably will. original.gif There is nothing he would choose that would be questionable. He's a pretty smart guy.
David is a special case, and knows it. I have a feeling he'll probably get a few privileges that others don't. Even if he doesn't ask for or want them. And I don't think he would.
His church is a big business and makes a lot of money from tithing.
David is a huge part of that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Freo
post Feb 9th 2012, 7:48 AM
Post #44

Absolutely! I know fans who have moved on because they investigated the church and no longer want any of their money to support it. Many of David's uplifting songs have LDS themes and even similar wording from hymns.

QUOTE(Kennedy @ Feb 9th 2012, 1:47 AM) *

David actually said Uplifting music AND Gospel music. Both. (different interview)
He could pretty much release anything he records. ( And probably will. original.gif There is nothing he would choose that would be questionable. He's a pretty smart guy.
David is a special case, and knows it. I have a feeling he'll probably get a few privileges that others don't. Even if he doesn't ask for or want them. And I don't think he would.
His church is a big business and makes a lot of money from tithing.
David is a huge part of that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Upside
post Feb 9th 2012, 2:59 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(Freo @ Feb 9th 2012, 7:48 AM) *

Absolutely! I know fans who have moved on because they investigated the church and no longer want any of their money to support it. Many of David's uplifting songs have LDS themes and even similar wording from hymns.

Do you know any people who do not support Catholic artists because of the Catholic church's position on abortion, birth control, women becoming priests and the Church's failure to stop sexual abuse of young boys?

This post has been edited by Upside: Feb 9th 2012, 3:01 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Freo
post Feb 9th 2012, 6:44 PM
Post #46

--

This post has been edited by Freo: Feb 9th 2012, 6:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
sam1346
post Feb 9th 2012, 6:57 PM
Post #47

QUOTE(Freo @ Feb 9th 2012, 4:48 AM) *

You can interpret any uplifting song and say it has religious message regardless of Catholic ,Orthodox. LDS ,etc. If his fan moved on because of his faith and thought they were supporting his church then I would call them narrow minded illiterate who judge people based on their faith, that's silly.

--------------------
Get The Other Side of Down from Amazon or David's Official Website or iTunes .
Also Forevermore is available on iTunes now.
+Quote Post
SparkleStarTia
post Feb 9th 2012, 10:28 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(sam1346 @ Feb 9th 2012, 7:57 PM) *

You can interpret any uplifting song and say it has religious message regardless of Catholic ,Orthodox. LDS ,etc. If his fan moved on because of his faith and thought they were supporting his church then I would call them narrow minded illiterate who judge people based on their faith, that's silly.

i think it's different with david cuz he is very vocal about his faith whereas most other singers are not so we have no idea what religion they are. also it's common knowledge that david gives alot of money to the mormon church. sure many people are impressed by that while others are completely turned off.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Upside
post Feb 10th 2012, 12:38 AM
Post #49

QUOTE(SparkleStarTia @ Feb 9th 2012, 10:28 PM) *

i think it's different with david cuz he is very vocal about his faith whereas most other singers are not so we have no idea what religion they are. also it's common knowledge that david gives alot of money to the mormon church. sure many people are impressed by that while others are completely turned off.

Vocal compared to who? Miley? The Jonas Brothers? Jordin Sparks? Justin Bieber? Rap artists who are always praising God? How much do they donate to their church? Is that more than David? Let's judge a person by their words and actions not their religion. Otherwise, I think the only artists I could support would be those who are Buddhists.

This post has been edited by Upside: Feb 10th 2012, 12:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jackryan4DA
post Feb 10th 2012, 3:04 AM
Post #50

testing

--------------------
[IPB Image
+Quote Post
SparkleStarTia
post Feb 10th 2012, 9:45 AM
Post #51

QUOTE(Upside @ Feb 10th 2012, 1:38 AM) *

Vocal compared to who? Miley? The Jonas Brothers? Jordin Sparks? Justin Bieber? Rap artists who are always praising God? How much do they donate to their church? Is that more than David? Let's judge a person by their words and actions not their religion. Otherwise, I think the only artists I could support would be those who are Buddhists.

not sure what u mean. i have no idea what religion miley, jonas, jordin, or Justin is! that's probably cuz i don't follow them and could care less what they do or don't do. haha.gif david is the only singer worth following in my opinion. lots of people dislike the mormon church because of their anti-gay stance. david can do whatever he wants with his money heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Freo
post Feb 10th 2012, 9:46 AM
Post #52

I can see your point, but somewhat different situation here. David is about to embark on a full-time evangelizing mission. Yes, I am sure that much money has been given to the church so that he can retain temple privileges. The church also keeps track of attendance in order to remain in good temple standing. The other artists also don't wear temple garments as a constant and visible reminder of the religion. These are my last comments on the matter; arguing about what is readily available information is a waste of time. I suggest visiting http://mormoncurtain.com/ to educate yourself about the religion and its practices.

QUOTE(Upside @ Feb 10th 2012, 1:38 AM) *

--------------------
+Quote Post
Upside
post Feb 10th 2012, 4:31 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(Freo @ Feb 10th 2012, 9:46 AM) *

I can see your point, but somewhat different situation here. David is about to embark on a full-time evangelizing mission. Yes, I am sure that much money has been given to the church so that he can retain temple privileges. The church also keeps track of attendance in order to remain in good temple standing. The other artists also don't wear temple garments as a constant and visible reminder of the religion. These are my last comments on the matter; arguing about what is readily available information is a waste of time. I suggest visiting http://mormoncurtain.com/ to educate yourself about the religion and its practices.

The Jonas Bros wore and actively promoted "purity rings". Miley said that she does not agree with pre-marital sex. Jordin implied that those who had premarital sex are sluts. They are Evangelical Christians. You can readily read up on them on the Internet if you choose. Suffice it to say that they are not "pro-gay". Which religion is, actually? These are my last comments on the matter.

Back on topic though, it is interesting to go back to my first post on this thread and see that even more of the things I hoped David's team would do during the mission are happening, see items 5 and 9. Apparently, Matt Clayton will be releasing some new pics in the next few months.

Everyone please keep making suggestions. Let's make this a 100 page thread before David leaves.

This post has been edited by Upside: Feb 10th 2012, 4:37 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Freo
post Feb 10th 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #54

Good points about those other musicians. I was trying to to think if any of them made a stance about the gay issue. I am pretty sure that Miley came out in support of her gay fans and community. I am not sure about the others.

I hope that Kari continues to be involved in his management. She seems to be doing a great job and they both seem to really like each other. It is good to see him so busy over there.

QUOTE(Upside @ Feb 10th 2012, 5:31 PM) *

The Jonas Bros wore and actively promoted "purity rings". Miley said that she does not agree with pre-marital sex. Jordin implied that those who had premarital sex are sluts. They are Evangelical Christians. You can readily read up on them on the Internet if you choose. Suffice it to say that they are not "pro-gay". Which religion is, actually? These are my last comments on the matter.

Back on topic though, it is interesting to go back to my first post on this thread and see that even more of the things I hoped David's team would do during the mission are happening, see items 5 and 9. Apparently, Matt Clayton will be releasing some new pics in the next few months.

Everyone please keep making suggestions. Let's make this a 100 page thread before David leaves.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Upside
post Feb 10th 2012, 11:14 PM
Post #55

QUOTE(Freo @ Feb 10th 2012, 10:59 PM) *

Good points about those other musicians. I was trying to to think if any of them made a stance about the gay issue. I am pretty sure that Miley came out in support of her gay fans and community. I am not sure about the others.

I hope that Kari continues to be involved in his management. She seems to be doing a great job and they both seem to really like each other. It is good to see him so busy over there.

My not pro-gay comment was directed at Evangelical Christians generally not at Miley, Jonas or Jordin. In fact, despite her being an Evangelical Christian, Miley is absolutely pro-gay. Just goes to show that we should not judge people based on their religion. Focus on their words and actions.

--------------------
+Quote Post
cutter12
post Mar 7th 2012, 2:37 AM
Post #56

QUOTE(sam1346 @ Feb 9th 2012, 4:57 PM) *

The movie Sister Act has proven this to be true. grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Aug 27th 2014, 10:09 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol