Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What David should do to stay in touch during his mission
JORDAN_FAN
post Jan 4th 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AJ:JordanMcCoy AI3:JohnStevens

QUOTE(Upside @ Jan 4th 2012, 10:12 PM) *

If Tupac and other dead celebrities can have thriving careers years after their death, it should not be difficult to keep David and his music in the public eye even without David present.

People say long absences are not a problem for established stars. Yes, David is not as big in the US as he was after Idol but he's pretty big and established in Asia. I refuse to believe that interest in Asia will just evaporate during the two years he is absent. The Asian fans and media will play any new music David releases during his absence and report on any news released by his team. With the Internet and twitter, any reporting in Asia can be quickly shared across the world, including in North America.

So with the greatest respect, I absolutely disagree with those who say David will be out of the public eye during his mission. I believe that he and his team have been building the foundation since he left Jive to allow his career to continue during his mission. A plan is in place. During the mission, I suspect his team will be executing the plan and giving us regular doses of David. David can focus on his mission and let his team do the work.

My argument was in regards to him personally giving his fans updates. I'm not saying he will lose interest from his fans and that his music won't be in the public eye. Heck, I hope his music never fades from the public eye.

This post has been edited by JORDAN_FAN: Jan 4th 2012, 10:33 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 4th 2012, 10:32 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Upside
post Jan 4th 2012, 10:54 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(JORDAN_FAN @ Jan 4th 2012, 10:32 PM) *

My argument was in regards to him personally giving his fans updates. I'm not saying he will lose interest from his fans and that his music won't be in the public eye. Heck, I hope his music never fades from the public eye.

Whoever manages his career during his absence will be someone he has total faith and confidence in and who he can trust will promote him and his career in a way that is consistent with his values. I wonder who that will be? I'm sure he has given a lot of thought to this and may already have chosen that person. Probably won't be Melinda Bell or Jared Paul laughing.gif

This post has been edited by Upside: Jan 4th 2012, 10:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
tibitibi
post Jan 5th 2012, 12:25 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(istersay @ Jan 4th 2012, 6:25 AM) *

He's not going on a Mission to have fun or for promotion, it's a sacrifice. huh.gif some people are expecting way too much, he will be off the radar for the most part.

Yeah, i agree he will be disconnected from the world that involve his career, Sacrifice? idk, i thought is more Service in the idealist minds of many people, true is the he wants to fulfill this rite of passage very important on his Mormon Culture (his reasons to take this route still personals though, i'm sure are differents for each young LDS Miss. ) wink.gif ...but I'm sure too that he don't gonna leave without organizing his business before. cool.gif

QUOTE(Upside @ Jan 4th 2012, 10:54 PM) *

Whoever manages his career during his absence will be someone he has total faith and confidence in and who he can trust will promote him and his career in a way that is consistent with his values. I wonder who that will be? I'm sure he has given a lot of thought to this and may already have chosen that person. Probably won't be Melinda Bell or Jared Paul laughing.gif

His dad? is what you want to said ? unsure.gif ....just my guess, like has been since his younger days ....pretty sure is an aspect that don't gonna change. noexpression.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
tibitibi
post Jan 5th 2012, 12:49 AM
Post #24

QUOTE(Upside @ Jan 4th 2012, 9:12 PM) *

If Tupac and other dead celebrities can have thriving careers years after their death, it should not be difficult to keep David and his music in the public eye even without David present.

People say long absences are not a problem for established stars. Yes, David is not as big in the US as he was after Idol but he's pretty big and established in Asia. I refuse to believe that interest in Asia will just evaporate during the two years he is absent. The Asian fans and media will play any new music David releases during his absence and report on any news released by his team. With the Internet and twitter, any reporting in Asia can be quickly shared across the world, including in North America.

So with the greatest respect, I absolutely disagree with those who say David will be out of the public eye during his mission. I believe that he and his team have been building the foundation since he left Jive to allow his career to continue during his mission. A plan is in place. During the mission, I suspect his team will be executing the plan and giving us regular doses of David. David can focus on his mission and let his team do the work.

His US fanbase is in support life since long time ago , i agree maybe Asia can save his career in the future,but for this side of the world he need to come back with something more credible, people knows he has the talent, but him need to gain that credibility that he will want a career and that he don't still seeing everyone in the business like evils and potential dangers for his morals , that tbh i think limited his possibilities to work with a good mentor and better entourage .... just saying. pinch.gif

And about the examples you made, about the absence of some artist for years, true is that the problem with David is that his still haven't an specified niche in the music business, the more close is Christmas and Inspirational music..... and that isn't just enough from most of the people and even for many of his fans, that are not interested in tha side of him .

I wish now he realized before that good music can be expressed with deep thoughts on the lyrics, without to impose vetoes to some subjects ,because love is a universal feeling, happiness and unhappiness are equally part of the life , lyrics should be the way to people to relate to some situations not only to be happy , but to remember, be nostalgic or make catharsis of the deep emotions represed in their hearts ..... and idk if this realizaton can come in the future. blarg.gif

This post has been edited by tibitibi: Jan 5th 2012, 12:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
sam1346
post Jan 5th 2012, 12:51 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(tibitibi @ Jan 4th 2012, 9:25 PM) *

Yeah, i agree he will be disconnected from the world that involve his career, Sacrifice? idk, i thought is more Service in the idealist minds of many people, true is the he wants to fulfill this rite of passage very important on his Mormon Culture (his reasons to take this route still personals though, i'm sure are differents for each young LDS Miss. ) wink.gif ...but I'm sure too that he don't gonna leave without organizing his business before. cool.gif
His dad? is what you want to said ? unsure.gif ....just my guess, like has been since his younger days ....pretty sure is an aspect that don't gonna change. noexpression.gif

At this point of his life why not, his dad is the best person how understands him right now.

This post has been edited by sam1346: Jan 5th 2012, 12:54 AM

--------------------
Get The Other Side of Down from Amazon or David's Official Website or iTunes .
Also Forevermore is available on iTunes now.
+Quote Post
JohnA
post Jan 5th 2012, 9:38 AM
Post #26

QUOTE(Upside @ Jan 4th 2012, 9:12 PM) *

I'm sorry but Tupac was already an icon when he died and other dead celebrities with thriving careers were legend too. David's far, FAR away from their status. Let's not be delusional. The only time during his mission when he could possibly grab headlines is a) if he gets kicked out of the mission *fingers crossed* or b ) if some family scandal comes out or c) when he returns. That's it.

This post has been edited by JohnA: Jan 5th 2012, 9:40 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Jan 5th 2012, 12:16 PM
Post #27

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI9: Katie Stevens
Fav. AI13: NobleMuse

QUOTE(JohnA @ Jan 5th 2012, 9:38 AM) *

I'm sorry but Tupac was already an icon when he died and other dead celebrities with thriving careers were legend too. David's far, FAR away from their status. Let's not be delusional. The only time during his mission when he could possibly grab headlines is a) if he gets kicked out of the mission *fingers crossed* or b ) if some family scandal comes out or c) when he returns. That's it.
I'm not so sure him getting kicked out of his mission would be a good idea. He doesn't need bad publicity!

--------------------
IPB Image
sig: Raphy
+Quote Post
Upside
post Jan 5th 2012, 12:52 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(JohnA @ Jan 5th 2012, 9:38 AM) *

My point is that in certain Asian countries, David is big and established. I don't think it is delusional to make the comparison of David to established artists in those countries. Believe it or not, there is a thriving music industry outside the US and thanks to the Internet, we can pretty well access info from Asia instantaneously.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JohnA
post Jan 5th 2012, 3:30 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(Upside @ Jan 5th 2012, 12:52 PM) *

Believe it or not, there is a thriving music industry outside the US

I know it. And that means Asia has their own musical legends and tons of current popular acts much bigger than David. Yeah, he has quite a fanbase there too. But you're really optimistic if you think he's big enough to grab headlines while doing nothing for 2 years and that being completely absent won't hurt his career there.

QUOTE(NatesHeadbander @ Jan 5th 2012, 12:16 PM) *

I'm not so sure him getting kicked out of his mission would be a good idea. He doesn't need bad publicity!
As if anyone but hardcore Mormons considered it 'bad publicity'. And frankly, bad publicity for 2 days is better than wasting time for 2 years. And also, unless you commit serious crime (OJ Simpson) or you are complete trainwreck (Lindsay), then there's really no such thing as bad publicity.

This post has been edited by JohnA: Jan 5th 2012, 3:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
auburritoarchie
post Jan 5th 2012, 4:11 PM
Post #30

Fav. Person: David Archuleta

QUOTE(JohnA @ Jan 5th 2012, 10:38 AM) *

Believe me, there is no way on this planet that David will be kicked off his mission. The only possible reason would be if he got extremely sick and had to come home early. So if that's what you're hoping for, good luck. haha

--------------------
I'm Aubri! Thanks to Batya for the set!
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Jan 5th 2012, 4:43 PM
Post #31

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI9: Katie Stevens
Fav. AI13: NobleMuse

QUOTE(JohnA @ Jan 5th 2012, 3:30 PM) *

As if anyone but hardcore Mormons considered it 'bad publicity'. And frankly, bad publicity for 2 days is better than wasting time for 2 years. And also, unless you commit serious crime (OJ Simpson) or you are complete trainwreck (Lindsay), then there's really no such thing as bad publicity.
He'd have to do something pretty bad to get kicked off the mission. And if he did something that bad, a lot of fans might lose respect for him. He is known for his squeaky clean image.

--------------------
IPB Image
sig: Raphy
+Quote Post
Drew
post Jan 5th 2012, 4:54 PM
Post #32

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. TV6: Josh Kaufman

QUOTE(JohnA @ Jan 5th 2012, 3:30 PM) *

You are hoping for a repeat of Latter Days. wub.gif shifty.gif

This post has been edited by Drew: Jan 5th 2012, 4:54 PM

--------------------
thevoiceus: josh. christina. bria. sisaundra. dani. delvin. kristen. tess. kat.
thevoiceuk: christina marie. jamie. georgia. sophie. sally. bizzi. rachael. lee.
xfactoruk: sam. luke. tamera. lorna. kingsland road. nicholas.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JohnA
post Jan 5th 2012, 5:49 PM
Post #33

QUOTE(auburritoarchie @ Jan 5th 2012, 4:11 PM) *

The only possible reason would be if he got extremely sick and had to come home early. So if that's what you're hoping for, good luck. haha
Of course not. There are things that wouldn't cause any harm to him or anyone else and are actually great that may 'cause him to get kicked outta the mission giggle.gif

QUOTE(NatesHeadbander @ Jan 5th 2012, 4:43 PM) *

He'd have to do something pretty bad to get kicked off the mission.
That depends on your definition of "bad things to do".

This post has been edited by JohnA: Jan 5th 2012, 5:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Jan 5th 2012, 5:52 PM
Post #34

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. TV6: Josh Kaufman

QUOTE(JohnA @ Jan 5th 2012, 5:49 PM) *

Of course not. There are things that wouldn't cause any harm to him or anyone else and are actually great that may 'cause him to get kicked outta the mission giggle.gif

That depends on your definition of "bad things to do".

Oh...em...gee. innocent.gif

--------------------
thevoiceus: josh. christina. bria. sisaundra. dani. delvin. kristen. tess. kat.
thevoiceuk: christina marie. jamie. georgia. sophie. sally. bizzi. rachael. lee.
xfactoruk: sam. luke. tamera. lorna. kingsland road. nicholas.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
JORDAN_FAN
post Jan 5th 2012, 6:53 PM
Post #35

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AJ:JordanMcCoy AI3:JohnStevens

QUOTE(Upside @ Jan 4th 2012, 11:54 PM) *

Bahahaha! Let's hope there is someone else out there who can do the job. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Upside
post Jan 5th 2012, 10:28 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(JORDAN_FAN @ Jan 5th 2012, 6:53 PM) *

Bahahaha! Let's hope there is someone else out there who can do the job. original.gif

Gina Orr?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Upside
post Feb 5th 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #37

Funny how David and his team are actually doing a lot of the things I had hoped for at the start of this thread. I'm not taking credit. Just shows that all the over the top negativity about David being "gone" from the music scene for two years is not happening. Looks like his team will be taking steps to keep him in the public eye while he's away. New music, pictures, videos. Who knows what else they have planned.

Wish other fans had posted more suggestions about what else David's team could do during the mission rather than saying that nothing could be done, drowning themselves in self pity or complaining that David was destroying his career. May be true but absolutely not constructive or helpful. David is the most positive and upbeat person I've ever come across. Sort of ironic that some of his biggest fans are so negative and pessimistic. Just my two cents. Feel free to disagree but please do add a suggestion about what David's team can do during the mission to keep David and his music in the public eye. It's not too late.

PS: I think that Kari or Kari and his dad will be managing his career during his absence.

This post has been edited by Upside: Feb 5th 2012, 11:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Upside
post Feb 6th 2012, 9:42 AM
Post #38

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/blogs/si..._medium=twitter

David says he will try to update his fans with email or video when time permits during the mission. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SparkleStarTia
post Feb 6th 2012, 11:42 AM
Post #39

ok well this makes me think of a big weird question!!! what if the mormon missionaries who are gay happen to hold hands with or kiss their missionary partner who is also gay? would that be considered inappropriate? would that break the rules and would they be sent home? seems so ironic, they are trying to help/serve a church that does not approve of them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Freo
post Feb 7th 2012, 5:49 PM
Post #40

It is not openly talked about, but yes, gay Mormon guys do go on missions. Some come out after the mission; others don't marry and remain celebrate; and others remain closeted and marry a woman anyone so they can stay in the church. The Internet is abound with stories from currently practicing Mormons and ex-Mormons about these situations.

David will be releasing gospel music (usually code for LDS hymns) during his absence. Actually, I would be surprised if the music is not LDS.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 5:19 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol