Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> Bye Bye, David!, He's officially going on a mission!
auburritoarchie
post Dec 20th 2011, 4:53 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. Person: David Archuleta

QUOTE(xxnatalalaliee @ Dec 20th 2011, 5:25 PM) *

He wouldn't want to be found out, though. He wants to go somewhere exotic or something just so that people DON'T know where he is. He's been followed around the part 4 years, he doesn't want that now.

Where are you getting this firsthand information? lol. Like that he was going to announce it in a vlog and such...

Anyway, I'm proud of him, and I'm sure they'll figure out somewhere to send him where he's meant to go.

--------------------
I'm Aubri! Thanks to Batya for the set!
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 20th 2011, 4:53 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

u26
post Dec 20th 2011, 5:29 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(auburritoarchie @ Dec 20th 2011, 1:53 PM) *

Where are you getting this firsthand information? lol. Like that he was going to announce it in a vlog and such...

Exactly. For all we know he might be back in 2 months. Life is way different than dreams.

This post has been edited by u26: Dec 20th 2011, 5:30 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
xxnatalalaliee
post Dec 20th 2011, 5:39 PM
Post #23

I can't say exactly where. They've specifically asked me not to mention their name or who they are or anything. It could just cause problems. But that's all I'm saying about that. I'm just proud of him, I know he's doing the right thing for himself.

--------------------

"David Archuleta is going to put a smile on your face, I don't care how upset you are." -Kris Allen
+Quote Post
u26
post Dec 20th 2011, 5:43 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(xxnatalalaliee @ Dec 20th 2011, 2:39 PM) *

I can't say exactly where. They've specifically asked me not to mention their name or who they are or anything. It could just cause problems. But that's all I'm saying about that. I'm just proud of him, I know he's doing the right thing for himself.

Would you go on mission at the same place to him ? original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
roare
post Dec 20th 2011, 5:52 PM
Post #25

Upon his return he should star as the lead in the film edition of The Book of Mormon.

--------------------
+Quote Post
siNapthalina
post Dec 20th 2011, 9:49 PM
Post #26

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(u26 @ Dec 21st 2011, 3:25 AM) *

Is there a site on the web with statistics about how many people has joined LDS in particular country for given month?
I can see a huge spike in the country of David's mission. original.gif We might be able to figure out where he is using that.

theres no web statistic.. but once a year the leaders announce the statistic at general conference..
we'll never know where he will be sent.. since everyone in the world have known him..

--------------------
IPB Image
Credit for : cellophanegirl
+Quote Post
siNapthalina
post Dec 20th 2011, 9:58 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(auburritoarchie @ Dec 21st 2011, 4:53 AM) *

Anyway, I'm proud of him, and I'm sure they'll figure out somewhere to send him where he's meant to go.

i was thinking he'll go to a small country or island.. but im pretty sure he wont be serving in US..

--------------------
IPB Image
Credit for : cellophanegirl
+Quote Post
camilejplfan04
post Dec 20th 2011, 11:01 PM
Post #28

Fav. AI3: Camile Velasco
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. Idol Lindsey M. Cardinale

so what does this really mean? i know what a mission is but i am still a little confuse...

--------------------
backstreet boys.RIP Michael Johns
IPB Image
Rest In Peace Cory Monteith.
+Quote Post
Jonathan
post Dec 20th 2011, 11:38 PM
Post #29

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

QUOTE(siNapthalina @ Dec 20th 2011, 9:58 PM) *

i was thinking he'll go to a small country or island.. but im pretty sure he wont be serving in US..

Unless Mitt Romney wins the White House! haha.gif

Honestly good for David, he has 2 great albums plus some cool unreleased stuff on Youtube for his fans to enjoy the next 2 years. He's young, he can always make a comeback and be even bigger than before!

--------------------
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Dec 21st 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #30

Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

Pissed. I will never understand this decision. He is serving the biggest mission with his music and giving the best gift he can give to millions of people: his voice ( a God given talent). crying.gif

By the time he comes back, he will have no chance at ever becoming someone of importance in the music industry. no.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Idolnewby
post Dec 21st 2011, 12:40 AM
Post #31

I loved everything that David sang on idol, but I must admit that the pop stuff he did afterward didn't do it for me....and probably at 67 should not have from any singer. I thought the Christmas album was great. The reason I like Scotty so much is his songs are in exactly the same genre and style as the ones he did in the competition.....and I like country of course. yes.gif

Looking back at the things that have happened to David since idol, he did seem to be floundering a little. Maybe it was because he couldn't match his music with his religion....who knows. I do think his religion played a large part in decision making regards his music.

Having to basically give up your existing life for two years is a big commitment and David should be congratulated for doing the thing he feels is right. The only thing I hope is that he was not pressured into making it.

Jim

--------------------
+Quote Post
alleygirl87
post Dec 21st 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #32

Think of it like this, he'll have better material to write in his next songs. Some people need a bad relationship to write good songs (like Adele). Perhaps David muse will be his spirituality/mission.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Idolnewby
post Dec 21st 2011, 12:54 AM
Post #33

By the time he comes back, he will have no chance at ever becoming someone of importance in the music industry. no.gif

My personal guess is that this type of "importance" means nothing to David but does seem to be the motive behind the career choices of some current popular artists.

I know this goes a way back, but during World War II and later, many people disappeared into the military for more then two years and made great comebacks.....lots of actors and musicians.

If David chooses to resume his music career in two years, his fans will find him. thumbsup.gif

Jim

--------------------
+Quote Post
u26
post Dec 21st 2011, 1:29 AM
Post #34

Very sweet, appropriate for the moment video from http://davidarchuletavn.com/ :

--------------------
+Quote Post
Blordin_FanGirl
post Dec 21st 2011, 2:09 AM
Post #35

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI6: JoCAKE

Weird, and my friend told me this was going to happen because she has a co-worker that is a Mormon and told her he was going to serve a mission. Anyways, I'm proud and happy for him in all the choices he does. He obviously has that gut feeling that he should do this so I hope the best. I'm even more grateful to have seen him live now seeing how this happened. I support him and will keep doing so!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
minione
post Dec 21st 2011, 4:15 AM
Post #36

IPB Image
David is number three on yahoo top searches. That's amazing haha.gif That hasn't happened since idol days lol

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
chenson
post Dec 21st 2011, 5:17 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(1FineDay @ Dec 20th 2011, 2:02 PM) *

I don't agree because his voice is magical. There's not another one quite like it. I think he will find himself in the music world once again if that is what he so chooses. He's still a very very young man.

I agree and ill always be a fan but for someone in his position in this business, you cant just take 2 years out.

Im actually quite dissapointed now that it has sunk in.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JohnA
post Dec 21st 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(Idolnewby @ Dec 21st 2011, 12:40 AM) *

The only thing I hope is that he was not pressured into making it.
If you consider persistent "encouraging" from the youngest age by the church and its members that every young guy should go on a mission not to be pressure, then yeah he wasn't pressured. At all.

This post has been edited by JohnA: Dec 21st 2011, 12:40 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tiger_8
post Dec 21st 2011, 2:28 PM
Post #39

Fav. AI11: Joshua Ledet
Fav. AI6: Blake Lewis
Fav. Singer Ever: Michael Jackson

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Dec 21st 2011, 12:19 AM) *

Pissed. I will never understand this decision. He is serving the biggest mission with his music and giving the best gift he can give to millions of people: his voice ( a God given talent). crying.gif

Bolded part is what I think as well....I honestly think he could do a lot more good by singing and leading by example....idk, I'm sure he could have a comeback later on, it may be difficult, but yeah, I just don't understand his decision...he can affect a lot more people by his career then this, imo..

--------------------
IPB Image
---------------Sig by me | Avie by me | Fav. Idols ever: Clay Aiken, Haley Reinhart, David Archuleta
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Dec 21st 2011, 3:33 PM
Post #40

Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(JohnA @ Dec 21st 2011, 12:39 PM) *

If you consider persistent "encouraging" from the youngest age by the church and its members that every young guy should go on a mission not to be pressure, then yeah he wasn't pressured. At all.

Exactly, which is why I hate religion. If he was born into a muslim family, he would have been muslim. If he was born into a catholic family, he would have been catholic. The mission seems so "brain-washed" into his brain. thumbdown.gif If it's important to him, good for him, but I hope he realizes he affected millions of people with his voice and that will probably have more of an affect on people than his mission will. ermm.gif crying.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 25th 2014, 5:01 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol