Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> Bye Bye, David!, He's officially going on a mission!
HiyaArchie
post Dec 20th 2011, 1:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. Dude: David Archuleta

--------------------
Baa.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 20th 2011, 1:42 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ailyn24voices
post Dec 20th 2011, 1:56 AM
Post #2

crying.gif wasn't sure what smiley to put at first because I'm having super mixed feelings right now. I don't think it'll hit me until he's actually gone. but I'm so proud of him and how brave he was to finally make a decision and let everyone know. original.gif

--------------------
the shadow proves the sunshine.
IPB Image
+Quote Post
HiyaArchie
post Dec 20th 2011, 2:02 AM
Post #3

Fav. Dude: David Archuleta

I think we were all expecting this, especially since he hasn't been on a record label in ages. Which is still true, I assume. I haven't been keeping up with David news so this won't be too hard to deal with, but I won't forget him. I am always reminded of how much I love his music when a random song of his comes up when I'm listening to itunes on shuffle. wub.gif

And to think, two years. So much will be different.

This post has been edited by HiyaArchie: Dec 20th 2011, 2:05 AM

--------------------
Baa.
+Quote Post
u26
post Dec 20th 2011, 2:09 AM
Post #4

I'm not a mormon, but I'm proud of him. His mission is our mission. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ailyn24voices
post Dec 20th 2011, 2:22 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(HiyaArchie @ Dec 20th 2011, 2:02 AM) *

I think we were all expecting this, especially since he hasn't been on a record label in ages. Which is still true, I assume. I haven't been keeping up with David news so this won't be too hard to deal with, but I won't forget him. I am always reminded of how much I love his music when a random song of his comes up when I'm listening to itunes on shuffle. wub.gif

And to think, two years. So much will be different.

I wasn't really expecting it now at least from what he'd been saying in the recent interviews. and him talking about plans to release new songs or an album next year. I think this was a recent decision.

Ah, I didn't think about that. Wow. Especially thinking about how much he's grown and changed in the past 2 years.

--------------------
the shadow proves the sunshine.
IPB Image
+Quote Post
chenson
post Dec 20th 2011, 4:27 AM
Post #6

shame, i guess thats the end of his music career.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sam1346
post Dec 20th 2011, 4:35 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(chenson @ Dec 20th 2011, 1:27 AM) *

It's not.

--------------------
Get The Other Side of Down from Amazon or David's Official Website or iTunes .
Also Forevermore is available on iTunes now.
+Quote Post
JohnA
post Dec 20th 2011, 5:26 AM
Post #8

IPB Image

IPB Image

Let's hope it won't mess up his mind

QUOTE(sam1346 @ Dec 20th 2011, 4:35 AM) *

It's not.
Yeah, it is. When he's back, he'll be starting from absolute scratch. Sad truth, but you know it's true.

--------------------
+Quote Post
southerngirl82
post Dec 20th 2011, 5:40 AM
Post #9

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald
Fav. Teams: Reds, ReAL, Jazz

I was there tonight...I'm just sorta numb. He gave his whole heart tonight in his performances. I've never seen him perform like he was tonight. It wasn't like he was just "on fire" but something was different, the Spirit was flowing through him. Silent Night was gorgeous and I got a little emotional after when he started crying. In hindsight I see why he was so emotional.
When he made is announcement the place just erupted in cheers. I just stood there really in disbelief. In my mind I'm thinking "no, this can't be real, he'll be gone for 2 years, no music, no performances, nada..." I was trying to hold back tears of sadness. Then when he was signing O Holy Night, I could barely look at him cause it hit me that this would be the last time I'll see him in a LONG time.
I know it sounds crazy to be so emotional about someone like that but I do feel sad that he is leaving. I've always felt that MUSIC was his mission, he has reached so many people and can with his music. He has done a lot of good already because of his celebrity status.
On the other hand I'm proud of him to give it all up like that. It says a lot of his character and who he is as a person and that's another reason why I've been a fan of his. In the end all I can say is that I hope his gut was telling him right and we'll see him again in 2 years.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Sing Out, Sing Out. Things can only get better. Sing Out, Sing Out. We’re bound to make a change.
#MLS4RSL
+Quote Post
xxnatalalaliee
post Dec 20th 2011, 6:14 AM
Post #10

I'm glad he finally announced it. original.gif He was planning on doing it the week of tour in a video blog, but I'm happy he did it that way. heart.gif I'm so proud of him.

--------------------

"David Archuleta is going to put a smile on your face, I don't care how upset you are." -Kris Allen
+Quote Post
Angelicus
post Dec 20th 2011, 9:08 AM
Post #11

I wish him nothing but the best.

Good luck, David. Thank you for the music.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
siNapthalina
post Dec 20th 2011, 11:34 AM
Post #12

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

well.. i am so proud that he made this decision.. i know its never easy..
but i am pretty sure, serving as a full time missionary was his childhood dreams..
all LDS members waiting for those experiences to serve the Lord..
and most of LDS members must be wondering, where will he serve..

im really sure he'll get a super huge blessings for the sacrifice he made..
just pray for him.. respect his decision.. and be a fan still..

--------------------
IPB Image
Credit for : cellophanegirl
+Quote Post
1FineDay
post Dec 20th 2011, 2:02 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(chenson @ Dec 20th 2011, 1:27 AM) *

I don't agree because his voice is magical. There's not another one quite like it. I think he will find himself in the music world once again if that is what he so chooses. He's still a very very young man.

--------------------
+Quote Post
moose.
post Dec 20th 2011, 2:19 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI10: Stefano Langone
Fav. AI11: Heejun Han

i didnt even know what to think last night, but i just started crying out of nowhere today lol. ugh. im so proud of him, but for selfish reasons, im sad, too.

--------------------
IPB Image
rad set by kollin
+Quote Post
tibitibi
post Dec 20th 2011, 2:43 PM
Post #15

I have too super mixing feeling right now still, for me is more that i should respect his decision, i'm disappointed yeah, to see his career going away, but tbh i don't think he really ever wanted a musical career to start, he was sending mixing signals since long time ago, he's very mystical when he's about his LDS doctrine, so maybe is time to accept that he belongs there and not anywhere else.

If this is what he want, good for him and wish him a happy life.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minione
post Dec 20th 2011, 2:49 PM
Post #16

This announcement came to no surprise to me as suspicion etc. lead up to this but it's the final confirmation and I think David did his announcement at the best moment and time. Watching the video was heartfelt as he teared up. I'm sure he was not expecting that kind of quick and amazing response. The announcement seems to have been a relief and proud/nervous/sad/overwhelming moment as he said it in person to everyone. Not easy! He could have simply made an announcement via his official page or something so this personal announcement made it all the more special. I guess I am not shocked or sad but I will most certainly miss David. Missions come as second nature to me so this makes me proud even though I am not LDS. My Dad has traveled extensively to do mission work in five different countries and was in one country part time for six years. I loved learning about new cultures, languages and relationships while my dad was gone. Some of my best friends come from Kenya and Thailand. As an adult I have traveled to three different countries on my own to do some stuff so I kind of sentiment with David but I cannot imagine how hard it will be for him and his family to have a distant relationship with limited forms of communication for two years. I have a lot of respect for David and I will continue to support him by praying for him as he embarks on this new journey. I pray that he stays safe, grows and enjoys his time. I am so thankful for all the memories, friends and experiences I have had. I am also really glad I got to meet him twice this time around on this tour because he was awesome! I even got my book signed that I have passed off to people multiple times to try and get signed lol. I guess it was worth the multiple attempts because I got to see him sign it in person original.gif. The last thing I said to David was asking him if he learned any Mandarin/Chinese words from Hong Kong and he said he didn't remember but then I blurted out the word "Ni hao" which means hello in Mandarin and he was kind of like, "Oh yeah!" and he gave that precious smile. I will never forget his smile and I hope he continues to smile brightly to the people that need it the most grin.gif

This post has been edited by minione: Dec 20th 2011, 3:04 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hermionefan
post Dec 20th 2011, 3:06 PM
Post #17

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Place: Utah

I was in the 2nd row last night. Seeing him cry made me cry even more. I feel dead. I'm happy for him, but this is going to be really hard. noexpression.gif

--------------------
IPB Image OR: 7/11 ID: 3/20-21 UT: 3/27 WA: 7/14 UT: 11/24 D E S P E R A T E <3
IPB Image
+Quote Post
u26
post Dec 20th 2011, 3:25 PM
Post #18

Is there a site on the web with statistics about how many people has joined LDS in particular country for given month?
I can see a huge spike in the country of David's mission. original.gif We might be able to figure out where he is using that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
xxnatalalaliee
post Dec 20th 2011, 4:25 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(u26 @ Dec 20th 2011, 3:25 PM) *

Is there a site on the web with statistics about how many people has joined LDS in particular country for given month?
I can see a huge spike in the country of David's mission. original.gif We might be able to figure out where he is using that.

He wouldn't want to be found out, though. He wants to go somewhere exotic or something just so that people DON'T know where he is. He's been followed around the part 4 years, he doesn't want that now.

--------------------

"David Archuleta is going to put a smile on your face, I don't care how upset you are." -Kris Allen
+Quote Post
JohnA
post Dec 20th 2011, 4:31 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(u26 @ Dec 20th 2011, 3:25 PM) *

I can see a huge spike in the country of David's mission. original.gif

I lol'd

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 22nd 2014, 6:06 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol