Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

84 Pages V « < 59 60 61 62 63 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ~~Official~~ BTIKM Radio Thread, Adds/Spins/Stats/Etc.
Sage
post Feb 20th 2012, 10:40 PM
Post #1201

Group: Members

Not being negative, just realistic here. The HAC station in Dallas did have it on the front of their website to make requests (although it only got a few spins, all in the middle of the night). The last time they played it was 2 weeks ago. I went there tonight, it is now completely gone. They have replaced it with WWFM.

Guys, this song is done. Maybe if the label had sent Adam out for promo earlier in the US, then sent him to Europe afterwards, maybe the song could have gone somewhere but they didn't.

This post has been edited by Sage: Feb 20th 2012, 10:42 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 20th 2012, 10:40 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 20th 2012, 11:25 PM
Post #1202

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Sage @ Feb 20th 2012, 10:40 PM) *

Not being negative, just realistic here. The HAC station in Dallas did have it on the front of their website to make requests (although it only got a few spins, all in the middle of the night). The last time they played it was 2 weeks ago. I went there tonight, it is now completely gone. They have replaced it with WWFM.

Really? That's crappy. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
jlynn1205
post Feb 21st 2012, 12:15 AM
Post #1203

QUOTE(lrich637 @ Feb 20th 2012, 9:32 AM) *

HAC:

31 32 ADAM LAMBERT Better Than I Know Myself 500 488 12 2.133
-9 spins
-38 bullet
-0.052 AI

This? Is not a good thing. If it doesn't get good adds today it could very well be done. I'm really starting to wonder if RCA is saving the favors from this promo for the next single, because there's no reason that this song, which was moving steadily, if not rapidly, without much promo should just stall completely in the middle of a promo push.

I am so confused. Why is it stalling? If RCA is pulling their support to get ready for a new single, why did they even have him go to radio stations last week? Since he sang BTIKM, will this recent promo even help a new song? In your experience Irich, is that common practice for a label to save favors for a future single? I certainly hope so, because I don't want all his hard work he just did to be a wasted effort. I guess I just don't understand this roll out. If they are going to release a new song why not wait to send him for radio promo til closer to the adds date for it. Isn't that the mistake they made with BTIKM? Not coordinating his promo with the release and adds of the song? Unless the promo he did last week is just for the album in general and not a particular song. It just seems weird to send him for radio promo for a song that they are pulling support for. Are they going to send him back in a couple weeks for more promo for the new song? That seems counterproductive, when they could've have just waited. Who knows, I give up trying to understand it all. I don't know why certain crap gets played and Adam has such a hard time. Maybe they played it too safe with this one, trying to replicate a similar sound to WWFM. I personally like BTIKM better. One thing is for sure, whenever I am becoming a worry wart and negative nelly about Adam and stupid radio, some news like the Queen gig comes along and reminds me that he will be just fine. The man has good karma and is too talented not to succeed.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ssuussaann
post Feb 21st 2012, 12:18 AM
Post #1204

New single please, a catchy one if there is one. Promo shmomo, the only thing that matters is if the song is catchy enough to catch fire with everybody. JMO.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Sage
post Feb 21st 2012, 1:31 AM
Post #1205

QUOTE(jlynn1205 @ Feb 20th 2012, 11:15 PM) *

I am so confused. Why is it stalling? If RCA is pulling their support to get ready for a new single, why did they even have him go to radio stations last week? Since he sang BTIKM, will this recent promo even help a new song? In your experience Irich, is that common practice for a label to save favors for a future single? I certainly hope so, because I don't want all his hard work he just did to be a wasted effort. I guess I just don't understand this roll out. If they are going to release a new song why not wait to send him for radio promo til closer to the adds date for it. Isn't that the mistake they made with BTIKM? Not coordinating his promo with the release and adds of the song? Unless the promo he did last week is just for the album in general and not a particular song. It just seems weird to send him for radio promo for a song that they are pulling support for. Are they going to send him back in a couple weeks for more promo for the new song? That seems counterproductive, when they could've have just waited. Who knows, I give up trying to understand it all. I don't know why certain crap gets played and Adam has such a hard time. Maybe they played it too safe with this one, trying to replicate a similar sound to WWFM. I personally like BTIKM better. One thing is for sure, whenever I am becoming a worry wart and negative nelly about Adam and stupid radio, some news like the Queen gig comes along and reminds me that he will be just fine. The man has good karma and is too talented not to succeed.

I'm completely with you. This is so frustrating. I feel like he will end up blowing up overseas and nothing here. I'm excited for the Queen gig for Adam and those who can go, but it's hard to get excited when it's nothing we'll be able to see in the US, but I am happy Adam is getting this oppportunity. Just so disheartening for nothing planned to look forward to here, not even hearing him on the radio with new music.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:45 AM
Post #1206

QUOTE(Ame @ Feb 20th 2012, 2:13 PM) *

unsure.gif I can't understand how it is possible that in your cities BTIKM isn't even added to playlists meanwhile on my local radio stations it is played on daily basis and reaches the top positions in charts no.gif

This part of the Country, Oregon, can be pretty "redneck", you know lots of pick up trucks with gun racks and flannel shirts. Everyone I talk with relatives, coworkers and friends as soon as I mention his name if they even know who he is they say oh, the gay guy that was on American Idol and if they didn't watch Idol most people don't even know who he is. It's sad but they can't get past they gay to hear the voice. noexpression.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Feb 21st 2012, 2:51 AM
Post #1207

QUOTE(sherrie @ Feb 20th 2012, 11:45 PM) *

This part of the Country, Oregon, can be pretty "redneck", you know lots of pick up trucks with gun racks and flannel shirts. Everyone I talk with relatives, coworkers and friends as soon as I mention his name if they even know who he is they say oh, the gay guy that was on American Idol and if they didn't watch Idol most people don't even know who he is. It's sad but they can't get past they gay to hear the voice. noexpression.gif

They must not be from Portlandia, but do they like Clay Aikens?????

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Feb 21st 2012, 3:01 AM
Post #1208

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Feb 21st 2012, 2:51 AM) *

They must not be from Portlandia, but do they like Clay Aikens?????

Portland does have a large gay and lesbian poplulation, but there aren't nearly as many of them as there are the hunters, fisherman, hikers, mountain climbers and let's not forget all the tree huggers that will protest anything that isn't green....Country music is the music of choice in this neck of the woods. The Z100 station here plays all the usual suspects Bruno, Katy, GaGa, Brittney, Rhianna and or course rap, but this is a Clear Channel station and the palylist likely comes from corporate. They did finally add WWFM just about the time If I Had You was being released. This is what I'm stuck with angry.gif

This post has been edited by sherrie: Feb 21st 2012, 3:04 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Feb 21st 2012, 3:11 AM
Post #1209

QUOTE(sherrie @ Feb 21st 2012, 12:01 AM) *

Portland does have a large gay and lesbian poplulation, but there aren't nearly as many of them as there are the hunters, fisherman, hikers, mountain climbers and let's not forget all the tree huggers that will protest anything that isn't green....Country music is the music of choice in this neck of the woods. The Z100 station here plays all the usual suspects Bruno, Katy, GaGa, Brittney, Rhianna and or course rap, but this is a Clear Channel station and the palylist likely comes from corporate. They did finally add WWFM just about the time If I Had You was being released. This is what I'm stuck with angry.gif

Where my daughter lives outside Portland they are organic vegans, alternative schools, against vaccinations, employ nannies and drive suv's, something for everyone or not.

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
SueB
post Feb 21st 2012, 7:01 AM
Post #1210

Sadly BTIKM has started losing spins and it appears to have stalled out. My guess is the label dropped its support now that the album has been delayed. Hopefully the next single will get a better push.

--------------------
+Quote Post
classexa
post Feb 21st 2012, 7:30 AM
Post #1211

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

RCA thumbdown.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Feb 21st 2012, 7:53 AM
Post #1212

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(classexa @ Feb 21st 2012, 7:30 AM) *

RCA thumbdown.gif

I don't think RCA tweeted about the Adam/Queen news either angry.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Feb 21st 2012, 8:00 AM
Post #1213

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Feb 21st 2012, 2:53 PM) *

I don't think RCA tweeted about the Adam/Queen news either angry.gif

I'm not too happy with RCA right now either. It's none of my business anyway but I have to wonder what on earth they're doing (or not doing).

--------------------
IPB Image
- Signature created by ♥JM♥
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Feb 21st 2012, 8:07 AM
Post #1214

QUOTE(Sage @ Feb 21st 2012, 1:31 AM) *

I'm completely with you. This is so frustrating. I feel like he will end up blowing up overseas and nothing here. I'm excited for the Queen gig for Adam and those who can go, but it's hard to get excited when it's nothing we'll be able to see in the US, but I am happy Adam is getting this oppportunity. Just so disheartening for nothing planned to look forward to here, not even hearing him on the radio with new music.

Nothing to look forward to? Even if Better Than I Know Myself is 'dead', there will be another single, the album will be released before the Queen gig. Another single and album means more promo....appearances at radio stations and appearances on tv (talk shows, Idol, etc.). There's so much to look forward to.

We can guess, wonder and speculate forever and we will never know or understand what goes on behind the scenes as to why they picked Better Than I Know Myself and what the reasons were for how they went about the promo.

I still believe that the label is 100% behind him. They believe in him, they know how others in the industry feel about him, they know the talent they have. They're not going to just throw him away and give up on him. The excitement yesterday from the Queen announcement has to be enough for them to realize what they've got.

--------------------
+Quote Post
lrich637
post Feb 21st 2012, 9:17 AM
Post #1215

The bullet's gone on HAC now. It could potentially bounce back still, but I doubt it since it didn't get adds yesterday. (The rest of the panel will report today since yesterday was a holiday, but it probably won't get much.) Even with very little label support, this song should have had no problem getting into the top 20 or so on HAC, and it has had support. In general, the inner workings of radio tend to be a mystery to me, since I've never worked in the industry. It definitely seems like something's up here though, since the song was moving at a respectable place and had some decent adds (several top 10 markets) on HAC.

As far as the promo goes, it's possible that they were hoping it would keep BTIKM afloat until they can get a new single out, but they may have continued with it even if they plan to release a new single because it was already scheduled. They can't just snap their fingers and reschedule everything, it's planned out in advance. It's possible they're waiting for one of the new songs to be finished before releasing a second single or something. I hope they make a decision fast though.

It definitely seems like RCA has a lot invested in Adam. They're not going to just let him fail since this song didn't take off, they'll release something new and hopefully it'll catch on.

--------------------
Add me on: Twitter | LJ | Last.fm

I will get an actual signature at some point. Maybe.
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Feb 21st 2012, 10:32 AM
Post #1216

Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

QUOTE(BHS9697 @ Feb 21st 2012, 8:00 AM) *

I'm not too happy with RCA right now either. It's none of my business anyway but I have to wonder what on earth they're doing (or not doing).

IMHO:

- Those peeps doing the RCA Records' tweets should be sacked. And they seem to put money (or whatever) ahead of morals...enough promo for C.Brown. angry.gif

- Those peeps doing the tweets for the RCA Records Promo are ok. But RCA Records has far more followers than RCA Records Promo.

--------------------
+Quote Post
BHS9697
post Feb 21st 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #1217

QUOTE(lrich637 @ Feb 21st 2012, 4:17 PM) *

It definitely seems like RCA has a lot invested in Adam. They're not going to just let him fail since this song didn't take off, they'll release something new and hopefully it'll catch on.

If they have so much invested in this, how come we're not seeing any real results?

Don't wanna be a crybaby and I believe Adam when he says he's got the label's support but this just is frustrating I guess.

--------------------
IPB Image
- Signature created by ♥JM♥
+Quote Post
Sage
post Feb 21st 2012, 11:53 AM
Post #1218

QUOTE(BHS9697 @ Feb 21st 2012, 9:43 AM) *

If they have so much invested in this, how come we're not seeing any real results?

Don't wanna be a crybaby and I believe Adam when he says he's got the label's support but this just is frustrating I guess.

I don't doubt that RCA is invested in Adam but I think the focus is more towards international markets now, not the US. Hoping his popularity will just trickle back to the US hasn't worked for a lot of others and I don't know that it will work in this case. Robbie Williams, Robyn and Scissor Sisters to name a few. We're hearing about things happening months down the road overseas, but nothing here. There's no buzz here. There's not much buzz around the Queen thing, unless you look for it online. But RCA is promoting the hell out of Chris Brown right now, who also has a new album coming out. All of the secrecy makes absolutely no sense anymore.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 21st 2012, 1:05 PM
Post #1219

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(lrich637 @ Feb 21st 2012, 9:17 AM) *

The bullet's gone on HAC now. It could potentially bounce back still, but I doubt it since it didn't get adds yesterday. (The rest of the panel will report today since yesterday was a holiday, but it probably won't get much.) Even with very little label support, this song should have had no problem getting into the top 20 or so on HAC, and it has had support. In general, the inner workings of radio tend to be a mystery to me, since I've never worked in the industry. It definitely seems like something's up here though, since the song was moving at a respectable place and had some decent adds (several top 10 markets) on HAC.

As far as the promo goes, it's possible that they were hoping it would keep BTIKM afloat until they can get a new single out, but they may have continued with it even if they plan to release a new single because it was already scheduled. They can't just snap their fingers and reschedule everything, it's planned out in advance. It's possible they're waiting for one of the new songs to be finished before releasing a second single or something. I hope they make a decision fast though.

ITA. If they didn't believe in him, they never would have let him be his own executive producer.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Feb 21st 2012, 1:17 PM
Post #1220

imho BTIKM could use some tv time, AI or The Voice, to help the radio spins.

--------------------
+Quote Post

84 Pages V « < 59 60 61 62 63 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 21st 2014, 3:12 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol