Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

22 Pages V « < 20 21 22   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Carlie's Top Songs of 2011, Everybody dance now
ionlywantu2stay
post Feb 4th 2012, 4:16 PM
Post #421

Group: Members

Fav. AI9: They all suck

Team 19!!!! That is all. Although I realized my main reason for not liking 21 as much...it's the production. 19 has much more organic production that shows off her voice more. In terms of song quality they are equal but a lot of the songs on 21 are far too overproduced fear.gif . But besides that it is still a great album!

Need to check out Cinderella's Eyes as well!

--------------------
Daddy daddy you came to love me!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 4th 2012, 4:16 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Feb 7th 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #422

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI8: Matt Giraud
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart

AHHHH sorry guys, I WILL try to update tonight! haha.gif

QUOTE(ionlywantu2stay @ Feb 4th 2012, 4:16 PM) *

Team 19!!!! That is all. Although I realized my main reason for not liking 21 as much...it's the production. 19 has much more organic production that shows off her voice more. In terms of song quality they are equal but a lot of the songs on 21 are far too overproduced fear.gif . But besides that it is still a great album!

Need to check out Cinderella's Eyes as well!

IPB Image

But I actually mostly agree with that! I've never really heard anyone explain it that way, but you're right. I love how ~raw some of the production is on 19, especially in songs like Crazy for You, Daydreamer, Best for Last, etc. It reminds me of a lazy summer day or something. heart.gif

If you do decide to listen to it, let me know what you think!

This post has been edited by DiAnAmItE4LiFe: Feb 7th 2012, 11:16 PM

--------------------
Nothing's gonna change my world... || Rest In Peace, Michael Johns
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Feb 8th 2012, 4:44 AM
Post #423

Top Albums of 2011 (Continued)

Gonna try to make this as short as possible (probably won't happen), plus I've decided to only discuss 8 more albums, so I'll do 4 here and 4 later! And then the rest of the albums on my list will just be thrown into the last post without much commentary. Remember, these are in no specific order. One of my top 4 albums of the year is actually in this post.

Born This Way - Lady Gaga

IPB Image

What a hot mess of an album cover. So, there was a LOT of hype surrounding this album. Most of it was from Gaga herself, saying it would be the ~album of the decade (or something similar, don't quote me on that)... so people expected a lot. And it seems like it didn't really live up to those expectations for a lot of people, and I have to say that I feel like Born This Way isn't that... coherent? But I really like almost all of the songs, to be honest. haha.gif I've already talked about Marry the Night, Born This Way, Judas, You and I, and The Edge of Glory, so now I will discuss the rest of them! Government Hooker was my early favorite, and even though it's not my favorite anymore, I still love it. I can never see this getting released, because... yeah. But it's kinda my jam! bobo.gif And it's amusing to me because I feel like most people would never expect me to like a song like this. Americano is not one of my favorites, but every time I listen to it I really enjoy it. haha.gif It's fun! Hair is one of those songs that seems really cheesy, but I think it's cute and again, pretty enjoyable. I'm as free as my hair! bobo.gif It's definitely uplifting, and I like that. And omg now it's time for Scheiße! I DON'T SPEAK GERMAN BUT I CAN IF YOU LIKE AAAOOWW. A LOT of people were talking about this one when the album first came out, and I'm one of those who just didn't get it. And now I'm like... what was wrong with me? This is totally one of my favorites. It's such a jam! The chorus is so fun, and the song as a whole is just great. I would love for this to get released, but I don't know if the title would prevent that from happening maybe? Look it up. giggle.gif Bloody Mary is pretty much my least favorite, and I usually skip it. But I feel like I could possibly like it if I just listened to it more... which I haven't done. But Bad Kids, on the other hand, is another one of my favorites! And has been since I first heard the album. "Don't be insecure if your heart is pure, you're still good to me if you're a bad kid, baby". bobo.gif I love that chorus. I feel like most people don't love this one as much as me, but oh well. Highway Unicorn (Road 2 Love) is a song that I learned to really appreciate after awhile. I remember some Haley fans talking about how it reminded them of her because of Gaga's comment to her about being a pony or something, idk. lmao.gif And then I started loving it. Weird. But I think this one is underrated. My favorite part of the song is when she belts out "Get your hot rods ready to rumble"... that whole part is great. And now Heavy Metal Lover. wub.gif This one stood out to me right away and is definitely my favorite. I think it's the next single which makes me very happy, even though it will probably flop. lmao.gif I love this though. Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh heavy metal lovaaah! So... hypnotizing. And I love when she sings "I could be your girl girl girl, girl girl girl, but would you love me if I ruled the world world world?" Favorite part! Next is Electric Chapel, and I love this one too. IMO she kills it in the second half of the album, because most of my favorites are here! But yeah, I love the "Do do do, do do do do" parts in this song, and the electric guitar is cool too. So I guess you could say I really like this album. I listened to it a LOT when it first came out, like in May and June. And even though I like most of the songs, I still feel like it's not all that cohesive, like I already said. It's hard to explain. And some of the songs almost sound a little dated or something. Regardless, I think she did a good job with this, and hopefully her next album will sound more like The Fame Monster. innocent.gif

Recommended songs:

Heavy Metal Lover ll Bad Kids ll Scheiße ll Government Hooker ll Electric Chapel

Siberia - LIGHTS

IPB Image

Lights! heart.gif I'm a HUGE fan of her debut album The Listening, and I could listen to it for days. I was excited to hear what her new music would sound like after she released a song called My Boots in October 2010 (I think?), even though I knew that wouldn't be on the album. And she did in fact change her sound a little. It is not The Listening part 2. The dreamy pop has kinda been replaced by an edgier, more dubstep influenced sound, but it's still very Lights. I feel like Siberia is a really appropriate title too, because the music just SOUNDS icy and wintery. haha.gif And the album cover isn't misleading either. I love the opening song, which is also the title track. The "Oh oh, oh oh" parts sound so melancholy as well as the melody, like when she sings "Keeping the heat on, even though summer's come and gone". I also love how she sings "I don't care if we suddenly find ourselves in Siberia" during the chorus. Definitely a great way to kick off the album and it really sets the mood. It then goes into probably my second favorite track, Where the Fence Is Low. This is where we really first hear the dubstep sound that Lights incorporates into this album a lot. Love that bass drop in the chorus! bobo.gif But the lyrics are my favorite part, especially when she sings "I'm off on my rope here, I'm off on my own here, and I find my hope here, I find my own here". I just love that for some reason. But yes, definitely a favorite. heart.gif Banner is a song that I wasn't really into at first... it was just kinda there, and I thought it was a little boring actually. Then one day it just clicked, and now I love it. The way she sings the verses is so pretty, and the chorus is really uplifting: "So lift it up like a banner, hold it up over me, if this war is never ending, I'll take this love down with me". I love the synths too. Heavy Rope is just gorgeous. wub.gif I looove when she sings "Toss me a heavy rope, it's a slippery slope". Timing Is Everything and Peace Sign both really grew on me, and Peace Sign especially is one of my favorites now. It's just so cute, simple, and really makes me happy. Cactus In the Valley is also a BEAUTIFUL song. I love the dreamy production and Lights' soft vocals. Suspension is probably one of my favorites too. I HAVE SO MANY! But it's great, and a nice transition from Cactus In the Valley. I'm glad they put this one here instead of the next song, Flux and Flow, because I feel like that would've been a little jarring... actually, very jarring. Anyway, I love when she sings "You're not close enough, you're not close enough" in Suspension. The dubstep breakdown is great too! AND NOW FOR MY FAVORITE, Flux and Flow. Oh yes. This song is siiiick. In my head, I said that like Sara Bareilles always says it on The Sing Off. I don't know if you guys watch that show, but whatever. I LOVE the contrast between the verses and the chorus, like you can tell it's just building up to something. And then the chorus EXPLODES: "So flux and FLOOOOWWW, flux and FLOOOOWWW". I hate how she only sings it once the first time. I just want to listen to that on loop. giggle.gif The beat is wonderful too. Oh and then that random rapper comes in (the one from Everybody Breaks a Glass, I think), which usually I have no problem with. I feel like it probably wasn't needed here, but I don't hate it either? It works, so whatever. But yeah, this is my favorite and Lights sounds amazing belting the chorus. Just listen to it and let it blow your mind/speakers, if you wish. Fourth Dimension is also great, but it took awhile for me to realize that, for some reason. And Counting is a song that I don't really listen to a lot, despite liking it. It's just kinda... idk, it makes me feel sad. So I sometimes avoid it. lmao.gif And Day One is 8 minutes and 57 seconds of noise. haha.gif But pretty noise. So there you have it! If you maybe weren't a fan of some of Lights' other stuff, you should check this out. Like I said, it has an edgier, darker sound to it, so maybe that's your thing. I still prefer the cute, innocent, ~intergalactic vibe of The Listening, but this isn't a sophomore slump either.

Recommended songs:

Flux and Flow ll Where the Fence Is Low ll Banner ll Heavy Rope ll Peace Sign ll Suspension

Lasers - Lupe Fiasco

IPB Image

Ahhhh, Lasers. I hope this write-up doesn't get too long. giggle.gif Okay so, I'm kind of a Lupe stan. I got into him pretty late, but some people didn't even know who he was until this album, so I guess I wasn't THAT late. I listened to The Cool for the entire last half of 2010 and last year too, and then really got into Food & Liquor early last year. Both are amazing albums, and just being honest here... this doesn't even come close. If I had never heard of Lupe before and listened to this... I would probably like it a lot. Maybe. But that's not the case! When you've put out such greatness in the past, a pretty good/mediocre album will seem bad to some people. I'm not one of those "THIS IS THE WORST ALBUM EVER" fans, because I think that's a little ridiculous, but it's still not great IMO. I won't get into all of his trouble with his label and how they wouldn't really let him do what he wanted with Lasers for whatever reason, but that was definitely a lot of the problem here. This has a much more mainstream sound to it, and a lot of it sounds really club-friendly. Which isn't a horrible thing, but that's not why I listen to Lupe. Luckily, his overall message is still here, but some of his lyrics just aren't as good as they were in the past. I mean, this guy is an amazing lyricist, so I expect the best. Anyway, on to the music~. Letting Go is actually a GREAT opener and one of my favorites. Some of the lyrics REALLY hit close to home, too. It's actually a little hard to listen to at times, but it's a really good song. I love the piano! Till I Get There is another favorite. Some of the lyrics are a little "Really, Lupe?", but this song is very... charming. And again, love the piano! This one is very uplifting and the chorus is fun to sing along to. My favorite line is "If you are afraid or fear that you gon' change some, all you gotta do is just remember where you came from". Really simple, but good. I Don't Wanna Care Right Now is the song that got this reaction from me: unsure.gif The entire vibe just threw me off. lmao.gif But ugh, I hate to admit that it's a total guilty pleasure. I jammed to this a few times while doing my homework, I won't lie. Out of My Head, though... I can't really do that one. Idk, the production is nice, but again, it's just not what I'm here for. Beautiful Lasers is a song that I kinda overlooked at first because of the autotune, but forget that. This is one of my favorites too, because I remember hearing this before all of that when he performed it live (I watched it on youtube, I wasn't there), and I really liked it. And the lyrics are so real, and again, I can relate. I actually listened to this a lot back in December when I had possibly my worst day ever. It was not good, but this got me through it. So I can never hate on this one, and I see no reason to. Coming Up has that jazzy piano sorta similar to Till I Get There, and it is pretty catchy. This could probably do pretty well as a single too! State Run Radio is a little annoying, but at the same time I like it? Plus I like the overall message of this one. Break the Chain is the song that my friend was posting all over Facebook after the album came out and I was just like ermm.gif But okay, again, I admit that the production is really cool. But I'm just not a fan of this sound for Lupe. And now for the breath of fresh air, All Black Everything. To me, this is by far the best song on the album. Lyrically, and in every other way too. It's classic Lupe, and when I first heard it, I was like OKAY, THAT'S BETTER. giggle.gif It's like they finally decided that it was time for the real Lupe to stand up. This song is great and very thought-provoking. I thought I would love Never Forget You because of John Legend, but it's not one of my favorites. It's definitely not bad, it's just not amazing or anything. And that pretty much sums up how I feel about the album as a whole. To someone not familiar with Lupe, this would probably be enjoyable, but if you're familiar with his past work, you'll know it's really not up to par. But I admire him for still spreading a positive message and keeping it real even when his record label just won't let him be great.

Recommended songs:

All Black Everything ll Letting Go ll Beautiful Lasers ll Till I Get There ll State Run Radio

Four the Record - Miranda Lambert

IPB Image

MIRANDA! She is hands down the best female country singer around right now, IMO. Every album that she puts out is just great. I can't even rank her albums, and there are now four of them. And this is called Four the Record, get it? giggle.gif This is definitely in my top 4 albums of the year btw, but I saved one of my "not top 4" albums for the last post because I knew the write-up would be long. The first track is All Kinds of Kinds, and I absolutely love the lyrics and the overall message here: "Ever since the beginning, to keep the world spinning, it takes all kinds of kinds". So true! It's not my favorite album opener from her (Kerosene FOR LYFE), but I still love it a lot. Fine Tune is the song that really caught my attention when listening to the 30 second clips on Amazon. This is so different from most of what she's done in the past, and pretty much everything else out there right now, really. haha.gif It's just amazing. LISTEN TO IT! I just went to youtube and apparently some people hate this song? They have such bad taste. Moving on now. Fastest Girl in Town is classic Miranda: "Ain't no use in tryin' to slow me down, 'cause you're runnin' with the fastest girl in town". Such a fun uptempo track! Her uptempo, angry songs are always my favorites. Although this one isn't angry. But what's interesting about this album is that a lot of my favorites are the slower songs... very interesting. Plus she's happily married now, so maybe there won't be as many angry songs in the future? lmao.gif That makes me kinda sad, actually. Safe, I believe, is one of the songs Miranda wrote by herself. And it's one of my favorites! I can't even explain why I love it so much, I just do. It's really sweet and just wonderful all around. Next is Mama's Broken Heart, and ANGRY MIRANDA HAS RETURNED! I'm so happy. This is amazing and perfect to listen to if you're mad, no matter what you're mad about. But I guess it would be even better if you just broke up with someone. Although when I was really angry a few months back, that wasn't why. It was still the perfect song to listen to, though! Dear Diamond is so beautiful and I love the story it tells. Plus the melody is amazing, especially when she sings "Promise to never do what I've done, I've lied to someone". So pretty. Same Old You is one of those songs that I expected to really like, but it's not one of my favorites. I still think it's pretty good though! But Easy Living is AMAZING. I love the bluesy sound, and how there's like this radio static playing in the background throughout the entire song. This seems perfect for a lazy summer day or something. I love when she sings "They say life's a b*tch and then you die". giggle.gif I JUST WISH THIS WAS LONGER! sad.gif It is so good. Speaking of good, how about Over You. I think this is the next single... so expect to see this on my list at the end of the year. AHHHHH I love it. It's about the death of Blake Shelton's older brother, and it really pulls at the heartstrings, guys. I love when she sings "But you went away, how dare you, I miss you". crying.gif I also love "Livin' alone here in this place, I think of you and I'm not afraid". Ah this is just so good. So good. Onto Look At Miss Ohio. I love this too. WHY IS THIS ALBUM SO FLAWLESS?! Better In the Long Run is a duet with Blake, and I'm sure it's gonna be a single because of that. FUTURE NUMBA 1~. But the chorus is great and they sound so good together. I approve. And now for... idk... this might actually be my favorite. UGH I DON'T KNOW. But it's Nobody's Fool. And it's amazing. Classic Miranda, once again. Oklahoma Sky closes the album, and it's beautiful and mesmerizing and any other good adjective you can think of. But now it is time to wrap this up. You should totally listen to this album if you like country music. Or even if you don't. I don't even bother with a lot of it anymore, but I love Miranda! There's a lot of variety here and it just proves how versatile she is.

Recommended songs:

Over You ll Easy Living ll Fine Tune ll Nobody's Fool ll Mama's Broken Heart ll Safe

This post has been edited by DiAnAmItE4LiFe: Feb 13th 2012, 4:59 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
bswanson
post Feb 8th 2012, 7:30 AM
Post #424

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. Singer: Taylor Swift

MIRANDA AND LIGHTS wub.gif we both like Carrie/Taylor/Miranda thumbsup.gif

--------------------
credit Laci
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SpamGoddess
post Feb 8th 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #425

Bet ya wish you hadn't asked for one now eh? yep
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. Sports Team: Atlanta Braves

I agree with what you said about Born This Way. I like most of the songs themselves, but the album itself isn't very coherent at all and that throws me off. But I can't say I don't like the album because I really do. 75% of it is all "omg this could be my favorite Gaga song!" material, soooooooo.

Haven't listened to Siberia or Lasers (fear.gif ) all the way through.

FOUR THE RECORD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Ugh ok my FAVORITE song is Fine Tune. It's brilliant. A lot of people hate it because it's ~too risque~ (lol lbr that's why I like it) or they don't like the voice effects (which took a little getting used to, but I think it's perfect for the song now). But people just don't have good taste. Nobody's Fool would be my second favorite. And it's a pretty close second favorite. Everything about that song is perfect too. heart.gif And everything else is great. I love Easy Livin' and I actually adore Same Old You. haha.gif My least favorite song is probably Better In The Long Run. It just sounds so generic to me. closedeyes.gif BUT YES THIS ALBUM IS KILLER. I don't think it's my favorite Miranda album (though I can't rank them either!), but it's still better than 99% of other country albums out right now. wub.gif

--------------------
[v.One True Love] :That's how I roll: [12.18.06/04.22.07/01.30.09/8.15.13] :Tumblr | Twitter:
IPB Image
[RIP, Gary. The RE misses you. ♥] :May the odds be ever in your favor:
+Quote Post
bswanson
post Feb 8th 2012, 5:30 PM
Post #426

Sarah you like Miranda too, yay

This post has been edited by bswanson: Feb 8th 2012, 5:31 PM

--------------------
credit Laci
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SpamGoddess
post Feb 8th 2012, 7:53 PM
Post #427

Bet ya wish you hadn't asked for one now eh? yep
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. Sports Team: Atlanta Braves

QUOTE(bswanson @ Feb 8th 2012, 5:30 PM) *

Sarah you like Miranda too, yay

Yesss. Been a fan of hers since forever ago. heart.gif

--------------------
[v.One True Love] :That's how I roll: [12.18.06/04.22.07/01.30.09/8.15.13] :Tumblr | Twitter:
IPB Image
[RIP, Gary. The RE misses you. ♥] :May the odds be ever in your favor:
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Feb 9th 2012, 2:30 AM
Post #428

QUOTE(bswanson @ Feb 8th 2012, 7:30 AM) *

MIRANDA AND LIGHTS wub.gif we both like Carrie/Taylor/Miranda thumbsup.gif

Yay for those two. wub.gif And yes! heart.gif There's room for all of them in my iTunes library. giggle.gif

QUOTE(SpamGoddess @ Feb 8th 2012, 12:50 PM) *

I agree with what you said about Born This Way. I like most of the songs themselves, but the album itself isn't very coherent at all and that throws me off. But I can't say I don't like the album because I really do. 75% of it is all "omg this could be my favorite Gaga song!" material, soooooooo.

Haven't listened to Siberia or Lasers (fear.gif ) all the way through.

FOUR THE RECORD YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Ugh ok my FAVORITE song is Fine Tune. It's brilliant. A lot of people hate it because it's ~too risque~ (lol lbr that's why I like it) or they don't like the voice effects (which took a little getting used to, but I think it's perfect for the song now). But people just don't have good taste. Nobody's Fool would be my second favorite. And it's a pretty close second favorite. Everything about that song is perfect too. heart.gif And everything else is great. I love Easy Livin' and I actually adore Same Old You. haha.gif My least favorite song is probably Better In The Long Run. It just sounds so generic to me. closedeyes.gif BUT YES THIS ALBUM IS KILLER. I don't think it's my favorite Miranda album (though I can't rank them either!), but it's still better than 99% of other country albums out right now. wub.gif

Yeah, I was trying to think of the best way to describe it, so hopefully it made sense. haha.gif But I think it's the same way for me!

Why the fear.gif face? giggle.gif There are only like 3-4 songs on Lasers that I love, so you're not missing that much. But you should listen to his first album. wub.gif

heart.gif I knew your favorite was Fine Tune! lol maybe that's it, although it seemed like most people just thought it sounded weird. They obvs don't like Miranda pushing the boundaries of country music! innocent.gif And I agree about the effects on her voice, I love it. Nobody's Fool is so good, I'm glad you love it too! I get what you mean about Better In the Long Run. I guess I just feel like even the sorta generic songs are good if Miranda is singing them. haha.gif And I love how she sounds with Blake! Yeah, I don't think it's my favorite either, but I don't know what my favorite is. lmao.gif It used to be Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, but I honestly don't know.

--------------------
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Feb 9th 2012, 2:31 AM
Post #429

Oh good grief, double post. And it split it up into two different ones. closedeyes.gif

This post has been edited by DiAnAmItE4LiFe: Feb 9th 2012, 2:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
bswanson
post Feb 9th 2012, 7:10 AM
Post #430

Guess what comes out Monday Feb 13th. The safe and sound video. Hmm the 13th, huh. I bet Taylor had something to do with that lol. Lets hope also that day she is celebrating her Grammy win for Country Album. I would like her to win for song/video for Mean but she hasnt been winning much for that, but I think she has a good chance with Country album.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is a great album and the song is great too. I also love that Miranda and Carrie are friends and they have even performed together. Im so excited to hear Good Girl.

Lights, I love the music video for Ice. Its Lights vs Evil Lights.

--------------------
credit Laci
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Starry_Night
post Feb 9th 2012, 1:40 PM
Post #431

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. Band: Coldplay

I like Born This Way and Siberia happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bswanson
post Feb 9th 2012, 4:31 PM
Post #432

I just really dont care for Gaga, shes just to weird lol. I do like some songs, like Edge of Glory.
Carlie have you listened to Eighteen Inches yet or Kelly's new album. You know you could listen while you make your lists.

Love that Safe and Sound comes out on the 13th lol.

--------------------
credit Laci
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Feb 13th 2012, 4:57 PM
Post #433

I miiight post the rest of the albums tonight? The write-ups for a couple of them (one in particular) will probably be pretty long. haha.gif

QUOTE(bswanson @ Feb 9th 2012, 7:10 AM) *

Guess what comes out Monday Feb 13th. The safe and sound video. Hmm the 13th, huh. I bet Taylor had something to do with that lol. Lets hope also that day she is celebrating her Grammy win for Country Album. I would like her to win for song/video for Mean but she hasnt been winning much for that, but I think she has a good chance with Country album.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is a great album and the song is great too. I also love that Miranda and Carrie are friends and they have even performed together. Im so excited to hear Good Girl.

Lights, I love the music video for Ice. Its Lights vs Evil Lights.

Oooh that is today! I'm excited, it's a great song. But LOL she probably did. haha.gif Her album was the only one in that category that I've actually listened to. fear.gif I'm kinda surprised she didn't win though!

Yes. heart.gif I know, I saw that! A tour with those two would be great.

Me too! I always LOVE her videos, especially the ones from The Listening. It reminds me of something I would do if I were a singer. giggle.gif

QUOTE(Starry_Night @ Feb 9th 2012, 1:40 PM) *

I like Born This Way and Siberia happy.gif

Yay! w00t.gif

QUOTE(bswanson @ Feb 9th 2012, 4:31 PM) *

I just really dont care for Gaga, shes just to weird lol. I do like some songs, like Edge of Glory.
Carlie have you listened to Eighteen Inches yet or Kelly's new album. You know you could listen while you make your lists.

Love that Safe and Sound comes out on the 13th lol.

lol she is very over the top. I like a lot of her songs, but she irritates me a lot. Oh and I actually did listen to Eighteen Inches! I thought it was cute. yes.gif The chorus is catchy! Still need to listen to Kelly's entire album. haha.gif

This post has been edited by DiAnAmItE4LiFe: Feb 13th 2012, 4:57 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
#jeah
post Feb 13th 2012, 5:54 PM
Post #434

Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Feb 13th 2012, 4:57 PM) *

I miiight post the rest of the albums tonight? The write-ups for a couple of them (one in particular) will probably be pretty long. haha.gif
Oooh that is today! I'm excited, it's a great song. But LOL she probably did. haha.gif Her album was the only one in that category that I've actually listened to. fear.gif I'm kinda surprised she didn't win though!

Torches.... wub.gif

--------------------
formerly aag1010 | R.I.P. Michael Johns
+Quote Post
tireswing
post Mar 2nd 2012, 3:44 PM
Post #435

Kelly is my BFF

Fav. AI11: Erika Van Pelt

OMG I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THIS!!! I FEEL SO BAD!!!!!!! GOING TO CATCH UP NOW!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

IPB Image
CUf is my fave | AI11: EVP, Skylar, Hollie
+Quote Post
tireswing
post Mar 2nd 2012, 5:39 PM
Post #436

Kelly is my BFF

Fav. AI11: Erika Van Pelt

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Dec 19th 2011, 10:04 PM) *

85. Bizness - tUnE-yArDs
84. N*ggas in Paris - The Throne
83. Toes - LIGHTS
82. Eleven (feat. tUnE-yArDs) - Thao & Mirah
81. Baggage Claim - Miranda Lambert

85. I love tUnE-yArDs!!!!!! Also lol about your bond because of the misspelled name. Oooh gurl.
84. BALL SO HARD MOTHAF*CKAS GON FINE MEEE. Yes this song is perfect we all know it. And I'm still processing the fact that they performed this like 10 times a night.
83. I have such a girlcrush on Lights. She's adorable, and I dig this. I just like her voice, it's so distinctive. Also it's really fun to sing Toooooo ooooo oes.
82. I love Thao Nyugen and I love tUnE-yArDs, so of course I love this! It's so funky, I love it.
81. QUEEN MIRANDA!!!!!! This isn't my absolute FAVORITE Miranda song, but it's still great.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Dec 20th 2011, 10:19 PM) *

80. Cough Syrup - Young the Giant
79. That's All She Wrote (feat. Eminem) - T.I.
78. Marry the Night - Lady Gaga
77. Hell On Heels - Pistol Annies
76. Sister Wife - Alex Winston

80. Lolll apparently Glee did a cover of this. Young the Giant was one of my favorite new bands of 2011 and this is one of my favorite songs from them!
79. TI!!!! I love TI!!!!!!!! This was a pretty solid song from him, all things considered.
78. One of my favorite songs off of Born This Way, which I think has become kind of underrated? This is just fun to dance to.
77. OMG THE PISTOL ANNIES!!!!!! I love them so much. So fierce and fabulous.
76. Just listening to this, and I kinda dig it! I enjoy her voice.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Dec 21st 2011, 7:58 PM) *

75. Man Down - Rihanna
74. Colder Weather - Zac Brown Band
73. Mind Your Manners (feat. Icona Pop) - Chiddy Bang
72. What the Water Gave Me - Florence + the Machine
71. Lucky Day - Nicola Roberts

75. This song is so good, ugh. I think people kind of forgot about that with all the ~controversy about the video.
74. I love Zac Brown Band!!!! One of the few bright spots in country music for me in recent years. This isn't one of my absolute favorite songs by them, but it's still really good.
73. This song just makes me happy for some reason? It would be crazy high for me tbh.
72. FLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heart.gif This song is so dark and kind of creepy, I love it. I love how it was released before Shake It Out, which is so uplifting. It's kind of like a part 1/part 2 thing in my head. I don't know how to explain it, lol. But yeah, I love this and everything off of Ceremonials.
71. I just really dig Nicola Roberts. She's fabulous. Why can't there be more pop music like this here in the states?

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Dec 22nd 2011, 10:32 PM) *

70. Don't You Wanna Stay (feat. Kelly Clarkson) - Jason Aldean
69. Why Even Try (feat. Sara Quin) - Theophilus London
68. Tonight - Sugarland
67. Strange Clouds (feat. Lil Wayne) - B.o.B
66. Hold It Against Me - Britney Spears

70. I confess, I'm not a huge fan of Jason Aldean. fear.gif He irritates me most of the time. But I love this, mostly for Queen Kelly. She kills it.
69. I love Theophilus London, he's so fly. Also SARA QUIN!!!!!
68. Jennifer Nettles' voice is just... perfect. And it's amazing in this song.
67. I don't like B.o.B collaborating with Lil Wayne! angry.gif But this is still good.
66. Britney!!!!!!!!!!! This is just fun. I love Brit Brit.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Dec 24th 2011, 1:52 AM) *

65. White Nights - Oh Land
64. Keep Your Head Up - Andy Grammer
63. Me and Tennessee - Gwyneth Paltrow & Tim McGraw
62. Radioactive - Marina & the Diamonds
61. Pyro - Kings of Leon

65. Oh Land is so wonderful!!!! This song is just infectious. Love it so much.
64. Ryan introduced me to Andy Grammar too. giggle.gif But yeah, I dig this.
63. I'm REALLY not a fan of Gwyneth, so I have to pass on this.
62. OMG PERFECT!!!!!!!! I'd have this absurdly high tbqh. So different from Marina but still great. I can't wait to hear more new stuff from her this year.
61. I'm not crazy about Kings of Leon, but this is pretty solid.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Dec 27th 2011, 2:18 AM) *

Ahhh these are gonna be short because I haven’t been home and I’m tired and blahhhh. sad.gif
60. You and I – Lady Gaga
59. Otis (feat. Otis Redding) – The Throne
58. Gangsta – tUnE-yArDs
57. My Body – Young the Giant
56. All Your Life – The Band Perry

60. I think I like the live version of this more than the one on the album, but it's still great. Also yes Haley's performance of it is perfect.
59. Yay for more Throne!!!!! I love the Otis Redding sample, obviously. And the rest of the song as well of course.
58. One of my favorite songs on the album.
57. Okay I think this is my favorite Young the Giant song? Idk idk.
56. I'm just obsessed with Kimberly Perry's voice. It's so different than most other country girls right now and it's so pure and lovely.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Dec 27th 2011, 11:01 PM) *

55. Rill Rill - Sleigh Bells
54. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - Katy Perry
53. Why I Love You (feat. Mr. Hudson) - The Throne
52. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - Coldplay
51. Disaster - JoJo

55. Yay for Sleigh Bells! This is one of my favorite Sleigh Bells songs which is kind of weird because I totally dig their crazy loudness and this is so... not. It totally works though, and as you said it still has that distinctive Sleigh Bells sound!
54. Lol omg every time I hear this song I think of that video on Tumblr from Roller Coaster Tycoon. lmao.gif
53. Again, love The Throne. This is pretty awesome.
52. I'm sorry, Carlie. I'm not into this. closedeyes.gif
51. Yay for JoJo being back! She's so underrated.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Dec 29th 2011, 1:21 AM) *

50. Everybody Breaks a Glass (feat. Holy F**k & Shad) - LIGHTS
49. Words I Never Said (feat. Skylar Grey) - Lupe Fiasco
48. Princess of China (feat. Rihanna) - Coldplay
47. South Carolina - Tennis
46. Blood Pressure - Mutemath

50. Yay for more Lights! I think I like Toes better, but this is still good.
49. Lasers isn't all that but this is still good.
48. I like this a lot more than Every Raindrop Is A Waterfall, but I'm still not crazy about it.
47. I love Tennis, they're so much fun!!!!! This is so good.
46. Lol @ not knowing how to spell Muth Math/Mutemath/MUTEMATH/MuteMath. Join the club!

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Dec 31st 2011, 1:52 AM) *

45. Lift Off (feat. Beyonce) - The Throne
44. You Lie - The Band Perry
43. Someone Like You - Adele
42. Midnight City - M83
41. Judas - Lady Gaga

45. Omg the Jay/Yeezy/Bey triumvirate is beautiful. bye2.gif I just love them together.
44. I love sassy!Band Perry. This is so fun.
43. Zomg too low!!!11!11~1!!! Jk, I get it. This is obviously a beautiful song and so poignant and deep. Adele, you da bomb.
42. M83!!!!! I love them!!!!!!!!!!!!
41. I was like, obsessed with this when it first came out but I'm not so much these days. It's still good, though.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Jan 2nd 2012, 12:28 AM) *

40. Double Trouble - Jack and White
39. Last Name London - Theophilus London
38. Heart Like Mine - Miranda Lambert
37. I Follow Rivers - Lykke Li
36. Bright Lights Bigger City - Cee Lo Green

40. I wasn't crazy about Brooke on Idol tbh, but I still like her and this is great.
39. Ew @ Tyler the Creator comparisons. ermm.gif He ain't even close.
38. More Miranda, wooo! I don't have much to say other than I like it.
37. Lykke Li is the greatest! I love this.
36. I can't think about Cee Lo without thinking of that cat. giggle.gif But yeah this is good.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Jan 3rd 2012, 1:57 AM) *

35. Gonna Get Over You - Sara Bareilles
34. Call Your Girlfriend - Robyn
33. Wonderman (feat. Ellie Goulding) - Tinie Tempah
32. The Edge of Glory - Lady Gaga
31. Sparks Fly - Taylor Swift

35. I'm just a whore for Sara's voice tbh. I love this.
34. I've been on a bit of a Robyn kick lately! This isn't one of my absolute FAVORITE songs by her but it's still awesome.
33. OMG ELLIE GOULDING!!!! That's all I have to say really.
32. Still not over Erika's version of this on Idol last night tbqh.
31. I've always liked this song but I didn't know it was written when she was like 16! Explains why I like it tbh.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Jan 3rd 2012, 9:38 PM) *

30. Lonely Boy - The Black Keys
29. I Stand Alone - Theophilus London
28. Hello (feat. Dragonette) - Martin Solveig
27. Countdown - Beyoncé
26. Sun of a Gun - Oh Land

30. I prefer Brothers to El Camino, but I still like it.
29. Yay for more Theophilus London!!!!!! This is great obvs.
28. Oooh, I dig this!
27. Omg I love this song a lot. I just have a massive girlcrush on Beyonce.
26. More Oh Land, woo! I approve of this.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Jan 5th 2012, 9:25 PM) *

25. Uncharted - Sara Bareilles
24. Swim Good - Frank Ocean
23. Blue Jeans - Lana Del Rey
22. Seafarer - Tennis
21. I Wanna Go - Britney Spears

25. Again, Sara's voice is one of my favorites in music right now. Love this.
24. OMG YAY FRANK OCEAN APPEARANCE!!!!!!!! He's da bomb dot com. LOL @ me saying bomb dot com. I'm gross.
23. Blue Jeans isn't one of my favorite Lana songs actually, but I'm still a fan.
22. Yay for more Tennis! They're just a lot of fun. I like.
21. More Britney! This isn't one of my favorite Britney songs but it's still good.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Jan 7th 2012, 10:57 PM) *

20. Helena Beat - Foster the People
19. We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris) - Rihanna
18. Dirt Road Anthem - Jason Aldean
17. All Around the World - Theophilus London
16. Shake It Out - Florence + the Machine

20. I confess to showing up late to the Foster the People party, but I have finally gotten into them and I love it!
19. Omg I love this so much for some reason. It's catchy and oddly uplifting and I love it. Good job, Rihanna.
18. I looove the chorus but I HATE the rapping. fear.gif
17. Girl you love you some Theophilus~
16. Okay so if this were my list this would be either 1 or 2 tbh. I'm OBSESSED with this song. It's so uplifting and inspiring but definitely still has that classic Florence darkness. Probably my favorite Flo song ever and that's saying a lot. Ugh, I just love it SO MUCH.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Jan 10th 2012, 12:32 AM) *

15. On the Floor (feat. Pitbull) - Jennifer Lopez
14. Ours - Taylor Swift
13. Moment 4 Life (feat. Drake) - Nicki Minaj
12. Beat of My Drum - Nicola Roberts
11. All of the Lights - Kanye West

15. Lol giiiiirl what is this. Loljk, this is fun. I ain't mad~
14. Mehhhhhhhhhhh.
13. I've been a little cold on Nicki Minaj lately and I'm always cold on Drake, but I still like this.
12. Yay for Beat of My Drum!!!! This is fab.
11. THIS SHOULD BE HIGHER!!! I won't say that about any other song on this list. This is the one song that should be higher. Son I am disappoint.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Jan 11th 2012, 9:55 PM) *

10. Written In the Stars (feat. Eric Turner) - Tinie Tempah
9. Riot Rhythm - Sleigh Bells
8. Freaks and Geeks - Childish Gambino

10. WRITTEN IN THE STARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Omg memories. COME BACK TO ME OCTOBER 2011. Except the part where the Rangers lost, that wasn't cool at all.
9. Zomg dis is 2010!!!11!!!!11! Srsly though I love this it is perfect etc.
8. Childish Gambino!!!!!!! Definitely one of my favorite albums of the year, and this is one of my favorite songs off it.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Jan 15th 2012, 2:34 AM) *

7. Rolling in the Deep - Adele
6. Super Bass - Nicki Minaj
5. Don't Look Back - She & Him
4. Barton Hollow - The Civil Wars

7. I can't decide if this or Shake It Out was my favorite song of the year tbh. I heard it around the same time you did and from the very beginning I was obsessed. It's... perfect. And it was never overplayed for me because 2011 was the year I really stopped listening to the radio. Like, the only times I listened to the radio was for Twins games. So I never got sick of it and I love it as much today as I did the first time I heard it. Seriously love it so much.
6. I don't understand how anybody couldn't love this tbh. So much fun.
5. I'm surprised to see this tbh!!! But not a bad surprised. One of my favorite songs off of Volume II.
4. The Civil Wars!!!!!!! So glad to see this here, and see it so high. Girl I approve.

QUOTE(DiAnAmItE4LiFe @ Jan 18th 2012, 1:18 AM) *

3. Till the World Ends - Britney Spears
2. Party Rock Anthem (feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock) - LMFAO
1. Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People

3. This is def my favorite Britney song from the ~current era. It's so much fun. Love it.
2. Omg I cannot even judge you for this because Party Rock Anthem is perfect. It's just flaw free okay.
1. Not surprised at all! And I approve! I got this stuck in my head just reading your writeup tbh. So catchy and fun.

This post has been edited by tireswing: Mar 2nd 2012, 5:43 PM

--------------------

IPB Image
CUf is my fave | AI11: EVP, Skylar, Hollie
+Quote Post
DiAnAmItE4LiFe
post Mar 3rd 2012, 5:29 PM
Post #437

OMG LO I WAS WONDERING WHERE YOU WERE! I'm gonna read your comments now.

Oh and guys I PROMISE I will post the last few albums. I haven't forgotten, I've just been lazy I guess. haha.gif I'm in Florida right now, but I'll be back tomorrow night, so maybe sometime after that.

--------------------
+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 20 21 22
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 18th 2014, 1:22 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol