Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Heidi's messages about radio requesting
ClaireClassy
post Dec 13th 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Heidi took to both twitter and facebook today to let James' fans know that if they want to hear his music on the radio that they need to request it. Sounds like a call to action to me.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 13th 2011, 10:20 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

stooch
post Dec 14th 2011, 1:44 AM
Post #2

I read Heidi's post and felt a little sad for her. She seemed very frustrated that James music was in the middle as she put it. Not poppy enough for AC and Top 40 radio but not rock enough for rock radio. I don't really know what qualifies to be played on AC and top 40 radio, I honestly don't listen to them. I do know what will play on rock radio and the only reason I'm posting this is because I hope people from James team follow these sites.
James will be playing a couple of NFL half-time shows hopefully that will get him some attention, but in the New Year if they planing on targeting rock radio they should use 3 songs to do so and release them in this exact order

1) Back for More
2) Higher than Heaven
3) Liberate

As I stated these song should be for rock radio, they are really good songs and have the power and edge that can give them play on this medium. I probably have to come to terms with the fact that two of these songs are bonus tracks and will never see the light of day. crying.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jdrocks84
post Dec 14th 2011, 9:00 AM
Post #3

The real problem is that every effort to try to bring the fans together to try to organize is stymied by one particular person who attacks, tries to discredit and turn people against anyone who tries to do something to improve the situation. That's exactly what happened to me. I tried using the official site to communicate but the format is terrible and when you try to ask that it be improved that same person organizes an effort to shout down those who are trying to help. Even those who want to help and organize and who know how to do that well can't get anywhere because of one rogue fan who appears more concerned about loyalty to herself than helping James be successful. It's so frustrating for me that I had to take a step back before I said some unkind things that I would likely later regret. I'm not close enough to any monitored stations to be able to make a difference with requesting, but I try to vote on things and tell people about the CD.

--------------------
America got it WRONG!
+Quote Post
stooch
post Dec 14th 2011, 1:28 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(jdrocks84 @ Dec 14th 2011, 9:00 AM) *

The real problem is that every effort to try to bring the fans together to try to organize is stymied by one particular person who attacks, tries to discredit and turn people against anyone who tries to do something to improve the situation. That's exactly what happened to me. I tried using the official site to communicate but the format is terrible and when you try to ask that it be improved that same person organizes an effort to shout down those who are trying to help. Even those who want to help and organize and who know how to do that well can't get anywhere because of one rogue fan who appears more concerned about loyalty to herself than helping James be successful. It's so frustrating for me that I had to take a step back before I said some unkind things that I would likely later regret. I'm not close enough to any monitored stations to be able to make a difference with requesting, but I try to vote on things and tell people about the CD.

I can't disagree with anything you said, it's sad really. I made the mistake of getting involved between people arguing and have decide to no longer to get in the middle. I don't know the story of all the fighting but I think it goes back to stuff during the season. I uinderstand that James and the label saw benefits of releasing before black friday and the Chritmas season, but I think it is difficult to do proper promo during this time (too much going on for people) especially for new artists. I'm going to sit back until the new year and see what direction they are gonna go with music they're gonna try and push. I think when they start pushing other songs from the album even outside the ones I mentioned he can get more momentum. thumbsup.gif innocent.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Dec 14th 2011, 5:08 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(stooch @ Dec 14th 2011, 10:28 AM) *

I can't disagree with anything you said, it's sad really. I made the mistake of getting involved between people arguing and have decide to no longer to get in the middle. I don't know the story of all the fighting but I think it goes back to stuff during the season. I understand that James and the label saw benefits of releasing before black Friday and the Chritmas season, but I think it is difficult to do proper promo during this time (too much going on for people) especially for new artists. I'm going to sit back until the new year and see what direction they are gonna go with music they're gonna try and push. I think when they start pushing other songs from the album even outside the ones I mentioned he can get more momentum. thumbsup.gif innocent.gif

They have made a substantial investment in the two songs that are released. I doubt they will make any changes right now to those two songs. I agree they were not the right singles but they are the singles and WindUp does not have a history of ditching something they invested in and making a quick song change. I think if we could get LMB up into the top 40 of HAC that would be good. And if we can get Stand Up to the top 20 of active rock that would also be great. After that, maybe they would release something like Higher than Heaven. They weren't even going to include Stand UP on the record, so after including it I guess they thought it would fly. At any rate, I think they made some questionable decisions. But this is what we have. And if we want other songs to see the light of day, or for James to have a second chance at another album we need to help these singles gain better traction on radio.

Regarding the individuals who thought it was better to stymie a movement to gain airplay for James rather than feel less in control - well, what can I say? The actions speak for themselves.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Dec 14th 2011, 5:59 PM
Post #6

Yep, it's sad. I wanted to help, but with the constant lobbying against doing anything productive by that one self-appointed "leader" you guys mentioned is so wearing everybody out that personally I admit I gave up.

We tried to ask for a forum that would be workable and would allow us to post links and get the radio threads organized, but whatever. With "fans" like her, James doesn't need haters. Meh. bloated.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Dec 14th 2011, 6:02 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Naira @ Dec 14th 2011, 2:59 PM) *

Yep, it's sad. I wanted to help, but with the constant lobbying against doing anything productive by that one self-appointed "leader" you guys mentioned is so wearing everybody out that personally I admit I gave up.

We tried to ask for a forum that would be workable and would allow us to post links and get the radio threads organized, but whatever. With "fans" like her, James doesn't need haters. Meh. bloated.gif

I doubt James fans will give up that easily. Have you seen this facebook site?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Request-Jame...mp;notif_t=wall

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Dec 14th 2011, 6:04 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Dec 14th 2011, 6:02 PM) *

I doubt James fans will give up that easily. Have you seen this facebook site?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Request-Jame...mp;notif_t=wall

Yes. But FB's format sucks and isn't anymore workable than the durbinrock fansite. Good effort though. huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Dec 14th 2011, 6:38 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Naira @ Dec 14th 2011, 3:04 PM) *

Yes. But FB's format sucks and isn't anymore workable than the durbinrock fansite. Good effort though. huggy.gif

There are several locations for this info.

The bottom line is that Heidi has made it clear that she would like us to help with radio requesting. The information that she was reciting "we are too hard or too soft" did not come from a dream. This is likely the feedback that WindUp reps are getting from radio regarding playing the songs. So, she has turned to us to help get around that. And radio stations will listen to their local fans if it is done right.

I say, forget the renegade fan. How is that person going to impact this now that Heidi has asked for this work to be done? Probably not at all. I don't think even the hardest core renegade will try to stop this work now. They might even join in and I would welcome that.

This post has been edited by ClaireClassy: Dec 29th 2011, 3:59 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Dec 14th 2011, 6:47 PM
Post #10

She's kept quiet so far, and just retweeted Heidi's message lol. I wonder what her next move will be. rolleyes.gif

Fans who want to help will be able to help. The one advantage of having a workable forum at the official site would've been increased exposure and motivation since it would've become the #1 online meeting point for Durbs. But it's all good. Hopefully many fans will start requesting. Those who want to can do it with those alternative sites.

Stand Up is doing fine for now. No idea about LMB, I don't think it's doing well, but not sure.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stooch
post Dec 14th 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #11

I tell all of you this, each one of you has just as much a right to do whatever you want to help James as anybody. If people are gonna take offence, who cares. If it happen and some attack you stand up for yourself but at the same time don't engage them, if you are the bigger person people will notice. Who cares if some feel their authority is threatened, it about James and it's a waste of time and energy to battle with them. grin.gif thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Dec 14th 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Naira @ Dec 14th 2011, 3:47 PM) *

She's kept quiet so far, and just retweeted Heidi's message lol. I wonder what her next move will be. rolleyes.gif

Fans who want to help will be able to help. The one advantage of having a workable forum at the official site would've been increased exposure and motivation since it would've become the #1 online meeting point for Durbs. But it's all good. Hopefully many fans will start requesting. Those who want to can do it with those alternative sites.

Stand Up is doing fine for now. No idea about LMB, I don't think it's doing well, but not sure.

I agree a workable forum would have been the ideal solution, as well as a moderated forum for comments. But I'm not going to let the lack of that stop me, nor should other fans who want to do what is best. It's doable. I think the renegade will keep quiet, or at least keep the b...ing to her private, invitation only site.

Go for it. Radio request and support James. It's a no-brainer if you have a brain - lol!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Dec 17th 2011, 8:42 PM
Post #13

Requesting information for HAC USA stations to request LMB is completed and the link is below. It is a long list and sure to have errors. Please let these folks know in the comments if 1) you find an error and 2) what stations you are requesting so that they can keep track of what is covered and what still needs to be covered as far as requesting.

This post has been edited by ClaireClassy: Dec 29th 2011, 3:58 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
durnet
post Dec 24th 2011, 3:22 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(stooch @ Dec 14th 2011, 8:44 AM) *

I read Heidi's post and felt a little sad for her. She seemed very frustrated that James music was in the middle as she put it. Not poppy enough for AC and Top 40 radio but not rock enough for rock radio. I don't really know what qualifies to be played on AC and top 40 radio, I honestly don't listen to them. I do know what will play on rock radio and the only reason I'm posting this is because I hope people from James team follow these sites.
James will be playing a couple of NFL half-time shows hopefully that will get him some attention, but in the New Year if they planing on targeting rock radio they should use 3 songs to do so and release them in this exact order

1) Back for More
2) Higher than Heaven
3) Liberate

As I stated these song should be for rock radio, they are really good songs and have the power and edge that can give them play on this medium. I probably have to come to terms with the fact that two of these songs are bonus tracks and will never see the light of day. crying.gif

@DurbinRock James Durbin
As far as I know, if you have ANY favorite song from #MOABD you can request it at your local radio station!!! #takingover

Go forth and conquer Durbs!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
stooch
post Dec 24th 2011, 11:23 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(durnet @ Dec 24th 2011, 3:22 AM) *

@DurbinRock James Durbin
As far as I know, if you have ANY favorite song from #MOABD you can request it at your local radio station!!! #takingover

Go forth and conquer Durbs!!!!!!!!!!!

Technically "Back for More" and "Liberate" are not on MOABD so will radio stations have them? ermm.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
durnet
post Dec 24th 2011, 2:41 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(stooch @ Dec 24th 2011, 6:23 PM) *

Technically "Back for More" and "Liberate" are not on MOABD so will radio stations have them? ermm.gif

Some have the whole album, including the bonus tracks, one station I know of even plays Crawling Home every day. I think many of the rock stations have the whole album. Politely call them and ask them what they have and what you can request, if they don't have the song you want then request what they do have and politely ask them to check out the song you want, then check back with them every 2 weeks so that they won't see you as a pest and risk James getting blacklisted.

This post has been edited by durnet: Dec 24th 2011, 2:44 PM

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, BjŲrk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandť, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle MonŠe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrˇche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Dec 28th 2011, 2:29 PM
Post #17

Hey folks. Let's get Stand Up on the radio. Vote here for December 28th until 9pm.
http://103gbfrocks.com/30731/ Thanks!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
stooch
post Dec 28th 2011, 5:05 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Dec 28th 2011, 2:29 PM) *

Hey folks. Let's get Stand Up on the radio. Vote here for December 28th until 9pm.
http://103gbfrocks.com/30731/ Thanks!!

The difference is that devil's playground is really pushing fans on their facebook page, I won't go into a promotion rant again, but I already voted rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ClaireClassy
post Dec 28th 2011, 5:40 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(stooch @ Dec 28th 2011, 2:05 PM) *

The difference is that devil's playground is really pushing fans on their facebook page, I won't go into a promotion rant again, but I already voted rolleyes.gif

Yes they sure are pushing it on their facebook page. My frustration level is very high regarding these things. If they are not going to do anything about this stuff, at least recommend that fans do something.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stooch
post Dec 28th 2011, 6:10 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(ClaireClassy @ Dec 28th 2011, 5:40 PM) *

Yes they sure are pushing it on their facebook page. My frustration level is very high regarding these things. If they are not going to do anything about this stuff, at least recommend that fans do something.

I agree with you totally and something bothered me last week about one of James tweets, where he said if you have any favorites from the album to called the radio stations and request them and it implied songs other than SU and LMB and it ended with the hash tag "takingover", it just got think if there's something going on? huh.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 24th 2014, 7:04 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol