Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

16 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> Adam Lambert “Better Than I Know Myself, New Single – Demo ►Please Stay on Topic!
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 23rd 2012, 7:55 PM
Post #261

Group: Members

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(stellamat @ Feb 23rd 2012, 4:11 PM) *

I also loved "Outlaws of Love" as Adam performed it in Canada last summer. I hope it will be on the album. Adam co-wrote it, I think with Alisan Porter (?)

It's on the album, he's said as much. He co-wrote it with BC Jean and Rune Westburg.

This post has been edited by Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life: Feb 23rd 2012, 7:56 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 23rd 2012, 7:55 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

smilefountain
post Feb 24th 2012, 12:49 PM
Post #262

There was a very interesting text or tweet sent out and it said "Trespassing was delayed for a good reason"- I found this very interesting thing to say and I don't think it would mean a song would come up, you never know if a song will be a hit or not, I think it would only be said if a singer became available to do a duet, so I think that will be the reason for that particular tweet or text or whatever it was, it's easy for them to say 'the good reason was so-and-so schedule made it possible for them to sing the song with Adam at that certain time" Some people think it might be Katy Perry, and I do think it will be someone of her status (if not Bruno himself)- in fact, I would really think it would be possible it was her but they are on different labels so I don't think her label would let her do that, especially since she is the biggest pop singer in the world right now. So we will see who it is, but I do feel intuitively that a big singer is going to do a duet with him, I just hope the song is good enough for both of them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sarahx3
post Feb 24th 2012, 2:09 PM
Post #263

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. XFactor: Alex & Sierra

QUOTE(TiredOfSex @ Feb 23rd 2012, 4:23 PM) *

I think you guys missed the point of his post. Good music and singing talent are completely different things. That's why songwriters exist. Because many artists can't write good songs by themselves.

I guess I did miss that. That's more of a fair assessment, and I do think he could definitely use better material, but it sounds like there are definitely some strong songs on the album from what reviewers have said. We'll see how the 2nd single is.

--------------------
IPB Image
Cornell Big Red, NY נєтѕ, Rangers, Knicks, Mets <3
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Feb 24th 2012, 8:13 PM
Post #264

Possible duet..ooh I'm giddy now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Feb 27th 2012, 10:14 PM
Post #265

BTIKM finally got some big market adds....Boston....Washington DC....Los Angeles total of ten adds today. thumbsup.gif I really like BTIKM and rooting for it to be a success. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Sage
post Feb 28th 2012, 6:12 PM
Post #266

QUOTE(sherrie @ Feb 27th 2012, 9:14 PM) *

BTIKM finally got some big market adds....Boston....Washington DC....Los Angeles total of ten adds today. thumbsup.gif I really like BTIKM and rooting for it to be a success. original.gif

Total of 13 adds this week. And Adam is resuming his radio stations visits across the country this week.

Funny, I don't see all the posters declaring this song and Adam finished in here.

--------------------
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Feb 28th 2012, 6:40 PM
Post #267

I was already thinking of reviving the thread- no the song is not dead yet and is showing signs of life, so it might even make TOP TEN on HAC at the end if RCA pushes hard enough. The only negative might be that the only reason RCA made a decision to keep pushing this is because they couldn't find a good enough second single to replace it with. If this is still the best shot they have, that wouldn't be good news at all, considering it really hasn't done that well and there's still zero chance of this becoming a hit on CHR.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Feb 28th 2012, 11:09 PM
Post #268

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Feb 28th 2012, 6:40 PM) *

I was already thinking of reviving the thread- no the song is not dead yet and is showing signs of life, so it might even make TOP TEN on HAC at the end if RCA pushes hard enough. The only negative might be that the only reason RCA made a decision to keep pushing this is because they couldn't find a good enough second single to replace it with. If this is still the best shot they have, that wouldn't be good news at all, considering it really hasn't done that well and there's still zero chance of this becoming a hit on CHR.

BTIKM had 13 adds this week and Adam has several radio station visits scheduled next week, so I would expect to see more stations added within the next couple of weeks. I think Adam is happy with how BTIKM is doing and I believe it was a safe song picked to reintroduce Adam after two years without new music.If I were you I wouldn't worry about whether or not Adam has material good enough for a second single....from what his fans have heard. people that have heard part of the album are saying if we like BTIKM we better hold on because there are even better songs coming. Several people who have heard the album are saying there are at least four singles and that's without the two he's working on now. This album will take some time to unfold and I have a hunch he will still be releasing singles and working the album late Summer into early Fall of this year. He has a lot on his plate this Summer with two announced concerts with Queen and couple of festivals he's already booked, performing on the New Next Now Awards and the possibility of more appearances to be announced.

This post has been edited by sherrie: Feb 28th 2012, 11:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
MicheleDE
post Feb 29th 2012, 2:57 AM
Post #269

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry

QUOTE(durnet @ Feb 23rd 2012, 10:20 AM) *

Only if the songs they sing are good too. We need more artists like Adele, i.e. artists who have good vocals AND good songs.

The issue isn't Adam's vocal capabilities, no one questions that, the issue is that the songs aren't good enough. Adam sings stuff that's beneath him IMO, even the material on FYE isn't good enough for him. Evidently Adam isn't as good at songwriting as he is at singing, that's OK but why isn't he getting better material?

I think Adam write great songs! I've loved the songs he's written on, "VooDoo," "Down the Rabbit Hole," "Broken Open," and even "Strut" are all great songs. and he got "Fever" from Gaga - that's a great radio-friendly song (except for the "he" which is so ridiculous I can't even comment further on that, stupid conservative radio blarg.gif )

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 6th 2012, 7:13 PM
Post #270

I was right about everything. Underperforming album, won't even go gold, three flop singles, NO Grammy nominations. The label will most likely drop him. Where are the apologies? I did my best to warn people, I tried telling people what a mistake was being made. The album wasn't very good, that's his own fault. I said so and I was RIGHT. The truth is ugly, but someone's got to come out with it. This whole era was a DISASTER.

Adam is a great singer, hopefully he will recover, but he needs to be told the reality of the situation. The music just wasn't good enough.

--------------------
+Quote Post
durnet
post Dec 7th 2012, 3:26 PM
Post #271

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 7th 2012, 2:13 AM) *

I was right about everything. Underperforming album, won't even go gold, three flop singles, NO Grammy nominations. The label will most likely drop him. Where are the apologies? I did my best to warn people, I tried telling people what a mistake was being made. The album wasn't very good, that's his own fault. I said so and I was RIGHT. The truth is ugly, but someone's got to come out with it. This whole era was a DISASTER.

Adam is a great singer, hopefully he will recover, but he needs to be told the reality of the situation. The music just wasn't good enough.

icecream.gif

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, Björk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandé, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle Monáe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrÿche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
croco
post Dec 8th 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #272

I think he is very successful. He has loyal fans all over the world, he is happy, in love and he’s doing what he loves. Maybe his CD is not selling much but I bet he earned a lot of money this year with all the concerts he had. I don’t think his label will drop him especially if they are making money from his merchandise and concerts.
What surprises me is that someone can waste his/her time to dig up a 10 months dead thread just to post something like you did. In fact this entire category (American Idol past seasons) amazes me, I am wondering who are the people posting here, they seem to have lot of time and patience to do and read all these redos. I envy them.

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 6th 2012, 7:13 PM) *

--------------------
+Quote Post
durnet
post Dec 8th 2012, 2:59 PM
Post #273

QUOTE(croco @ Dec 8th 2012, 5:57 PM) *

I think he is very successful. He has loyal fans all over the world, he is happy, in love and he’s doing what he loves. Maybe his CD is not selling much but I bet he earned a lot of money this year with all the concerts he had. I don’t think his label will drop him especially if they are making money from his merchandise and concerts.
What surprises me is that someone can waste his/her time to dig up a 10 months dead thread just to post something like you did. In fact this entire category (American Idol past seasons) amazes me, I am wondering who are the people posting here, they seem to have lot of time and patience to do and read all these redos. I envy them.

They're not, he's not on a 360 deal, so yes they WILL drop him. I'm expecting that announcement to happen early next year.

--------------------
Fave Contestants: James Durbin (AI10), Juliet Simms (TV2), Dilana (Rock Star: Supernova) Fave Artists: 2Pac, Alanis Morissette, Amy Winehouse, Beck, Björk, Busta Rhymes, Dido, Ellie Goulding, Emeli Sandé, Enya, Frank Ocean, Jack White, Janelle Monáe, Jessie Ware, Jewel, Lenny Kravitz, Lana Del Rey, Lily Allen, M.I.A., Michael Jackson, The Notorious B.I.G., Rob Zombie, Sarah McLachlan, Shaggy, Shakira, Snoop Dogg, Tracy Chapman, The Weekend Fave Groups: Air, Basement Jaxx, Beastie Boys, The Chemical Brothers, Cypress Hill, Daft Punk, Enigma, Faithless, The Fugees, Gorillaz, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Massive Attack, OutKast, The Prodigy, Wu-Tang Clan Fave Bands: Alice in Chains, The Black Keys, Dream Theater, Florence + The Machine, Foo Fighters, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Halestorm, The Heavy, Incubus, Metallica, Muse, Nine Inch Nails, Nirvana, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Portishead, Queensrÿche, R.E.M., Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, System of a Down, Tool, U2
+Quote Post
Hero
post Dec 9th 2012, 5:04 PM
Post #274

Fav. AI1: Nikki McKibbin
Fav. AI4: Mikalah Gordon

I think he'll be dropped, yes, but I think another smaller label like Deca will sweep him up immediately.

--------------------
X Factor: Emblem 3, Jennel, Jillian, CeCe
+Quote Post
smilefountain
post Dec 9th 2012, 5:37 PM
Post #275

If only I had been listened to! Now I know how Galileo felt. Where are the apologies?

--------------------
+Quote Post
stooch
post Dec 9th 2012, 5:54 PM
Post #276

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 9th 2012, 5:37 PM) *

If only I had been listened to! Now I know how Galileo felt. Where are the apologies?

On IDF, you'll get your apology about as quickly as Galileo did original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Mgsolocup
post Dec 9th 2012, 10:06 PM
Post #277

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

I think "Better Than I Know Myself" was a bad choice for a first single release for the sophomore album. It killed any kind of momentum he had going. This whole era for him has been a flop IMO.

--------------------
Favorite Season 12 TBD
+Quote Post
durnet
post Dec 10th 2012, 8:19 AM
Post #278

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 10th 2012, 12:37 AM) *

haha.gif well no apology from me as I'm been calling the same thing for ages.

James' haters owe his fans an apology for being wrong about just about everything they said about him, but I'm not holding my breath. No tears from me though cause Karma has proven to be our friend. devil.gif

This post has been edited by durnet: Dec 10th 2012, 7:45 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
sherrie
post Dec 11th 2012, 12:19 AM
Post #279

I'm an Adam fan and I actually hope he parts ways with RCA.....releasing BTIKM before the end of 2011 and then waiting for the Bruno Mars song to be ready and releasing it as a second single I was pretty much finished with RCA. I will be glad if he gets away from some of the producers in RCA's stable, like Dr. Luke. I'm glad he doesn't have a 360 deal with them, they have done very little in the way of promotion this era, most of it has come by way of his management company and RCA doesn't deserve a cut of his appearances which I'm sure have been lucrative this year and with all the concerts/appearances he already has lined up for next year, it looks like the beginning of another good year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Adam is already considering another label, however, I don't think he really needs a label until he starts working on another album.

For those of you calling Adam a failure, I think that's wishful thinking on your part. Where ever Adam lands he will take with him his extrodinary voice, his positive attitude, chrisma and work ethic. Unfortunately for some of you, I predict we haven't heard the last of Adam Lambert.

This post has been edited by sherrie: Dec 11th 2012, 12:21 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
annstime
post Dec 11th 2012, 10:00 AM
Post #280

QUOTE(smilefountain @ Dec 6th 2012, 7:13 PM) *

You are entitled to your opinion,but wow,really,I guess most of the idols should have asked your opinion before they released an album,just to make sure it was up to your standards.you are way to happy because someone is having a hard time at trying to make his dream come true and be happy, though it is no fault of adams that radio won't play his song's.I hope you are not as happy when one of your childrens dreams fall through.do you tell them i told you so also?UNBELIEVABLE,that you want a pat on the back for saying these things.

--------------------
+Quote Post

16 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 24th 2014, 5:44 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol