Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 85th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Nov 24, 9-Noon(All Time Zones) & 10-11PM(ET) NBC
Tex68
post Nov 15th 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Just about 8 days away. Forget the turkey! You don't want to miss Scotty in this parade. For sure I'm not cooking/baking something that day. My bro is in charge of the turkey and ham. Nobody likes turkey in our family anyway and they still insist on having it. Tradition I guess. I'm in charge of dessert so I'll just run to Cheesecake Factory and the local orchard for apple pies the day before. No slaving in the kitchen for me.

I'm still debating to watch the parade live in NYC or not. It's just a train ride and Penn (train) Station is just right across the Macy's store. Very convenient. But I have to be there at least by 5AM to find a good spot. But the thought of waiting in the cold especially if you have to go the bathroom is giving me second thoughts. blarg.gif
Anybody else from the Northeast thinking of going to watch it live?

IPB Image

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Celebrates Its 85th Year By Marching Into The Holiday Season On NBC From 9 A.M. To Noon (All Time Zones) Thursday, November 24

NBC To Also Air "The 85th Anniversary Of The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" Special On Thursday, November 24, 10-11 p.m. ET

America's favorite holiday tradition, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade returns to dazzle and enchant millions nationwide on Thursday, November 24, 2011 beginning at 9 a.m. on NBC in all time zones. The 85th Anniversary Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will take to the streets of New York City with a cornucopia of whimsical treats for the whole family. From new giant character helium balloons, including Paul Frank's iconic monkey "Julius" and "Sonic the Hedgehog," to out-of-this world floats including "ZHU-NIVERSE!" and "Frozen Fall Fun," the magic begins at the sound of "Let's Have A Parade!"

"The 85th Anniversary of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade," to air later in the evening on Thursday, November 24, 10-11 p.m. ET, is a look back at 85 years of one of America's greatest holiday traditions. Hosted by Matt Lauer, the special will feature the floats, balloons and performances that make the show one of the most watched spectacles every year.

Since its first national broadcast in 1948, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade has been the nation's star attraction. This year, the "Today Show's" Matt Lauer, Ann Curry and Al Roker will treat viewers to Thanksgiving's best entertainment special. Stars joining the festivities this year include Rodney Atkins, the Big Apple Circus, Mary J. Blige, Cobra Starship, Neil Diamond, Michael Feinstein, The Fresh Beat Band, Cee Lo Green, Avril Lavigne, Shelby Lynne, Mannheim Steamroller, China Anne McClain, Scotty McCreery, Ingrid Michaelson, the cast and Muppets of Sesame Street, Savannah Outen, Power Rangers Samurai, cast of Broadway's Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Daniel Radcliffe and the cast of Broadway's How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Willard Scott, cast of Broadway's Sister Act, cast of Broadway's Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, Straight No Chaser, US Naval Academy Glee Club, Johnny Weir, and Zendaya. In addition, the telecast will feature a special performance from the world-famous "Radio City Rockettes."

"Since the first storied march in 1924, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade has been a call to celebration. Over the years, gathering to watch the Parade, whether in person or on television has become a tradition for families across the nation and synonymous with the start of the holiday season," said Amy Kule, executive producer of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. "This year as we celebrate 85 years of magical moments, we are truly humbled by the unique role the Macy's Parade now fills in the lives of Americans, and we are thrilled to celebrate this special milestone with an unparalleled line-up of new balloons, floats and the nation's best performers - all here to kick-off the spectacular holiday season."

Ready for it 85th Anniversary edition, the Parade of wonder will feature 15 giant character balloons; 44 novelty/ornament balloons, balloonicles and balloonheads; 27 floats; 1,600 cheerleaders, dancers and performance group members; 800 clowns; 11 marching bands; a host of celebrity performers, and the one-and-only Santa Claus.

Since 1927, the Parade's signature balloons have captured the imagination of the world. First conceived by famed Macy's window designer and puppeteer Tony Sarg as upside-down marionettes, the balloons have grown to be one of the Parade's signature elements. This year, taking flight in the 85th edition will be a jetpack sporting awesome monkey, "Paul Frank's Julius," and Sega's "Sonic the Hedgehog," which returns to the big show after its pioneering debut in 1993 as the procession's first-ever video game character.

Also joining the balloon procession is a special creation by world-renowned filmmaker and artist Tim Burton. "B.," a lonely balloon boy outsider with a special wish to fly in the Macy's Parade, will debut as the line-up's latest acquisition for its "Blue Sky Gallery" series. The airborne gallery features inflatable versions of artistic works by world-renowned modern artists. Previous marches have featured balloons by Tom Otterness, Jeff Koons, Keith Haring and Takashi Murakami.

Rounding out the new balloon cast will be the extremely outspoken and affable "Aflac Duck" balloonicle, a recreation of the 1948 "Harold the Policeman" balloon, and the winning design of Macy's nationwide Great American Elf Adventure, which invited the public to design a new Elf balloon for the Parade - "Keith Lapinig's Gazer."

Returning buoyant balloon favorites will include "Buzz Lightyear," "Clumsy Smurf," "Diary of A Wimpy Kid," "Super cute" Hello Kitty," "Kermit the Frog," "Kung Fu Pandaâ„¢," "Pikachu," "Pillsbury Doughboy," "Ronald McDonald," "Sailor Mickey," "Snoopy the Flying Ace," "Spider-Man," and "SpongeBob SquarePants."

The Parade's wonder-filled floating stages depict the familiar and the out-of-this world. From a hometown hockey game with a twist to a wonderland of fun, the five new floats set to join the parading fun will have audiences mesmerized, leaving behind a trail of enchantment. Completing the convoy of 27 floats the magic on board for the ride include scenes depicting a Turkey Day slap shot showdown on the "Frozen Fall Fun" float, the celebration of the nation's beacon of hope and liberty on the "Gift of Freedom," the special nod to Macy's Parade history on the "Hats Off To Our Heritage" float, the frolicking celebration aboard "P.B. Polar Bear," and the zhany fun found on the "ZHU-NIVERSE!"

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 15th 2011, 12:03 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Tex68
post Nov 15th 2011, 12:17 AM
Post #2

Not mentioned in above article is Thia Megia who will be featured aboard the Zhu-Zhu float and will sing the sound track from the Zhu-Zhu movie(?) "One Day".

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lovesytycd
post Nov 15th 2011, 12:24 AM
Post #3

^Awesome! Looking forward to it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Nov 15th 2011, 12:41 AM
Post #4

Group: NX Subscribers

Not going to NYC to see it -- will watch in the comfort of my cozy home.

Is every float going to have an entertainer? Seems that way. I'm hoping Scotty is at the beginning of the parade (for once, I'm not hoping for the pimp spot)....so that he can have plenty of time to get to Atlanta.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
elln09
post Nov 15th 2011, 1:07 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(Tex68 @ Nov 15th 2011, 1:17 AM) *

Not mentioned in above article is Thia Megia who will be featured aboard the Zhu-Zhu float and will sing the sound track from the Zhu-Zhu movie(?) "One Day".

Maybe I have read this wrong, but I don't think Thia will be there I believe it is just Savannah Outen that will be on the float.

This is the link to the article.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/zh...-133649688.html

This is a quote from the Manila Sandard on Friday with her mother Cynthia, and Thia.

“I know that girls are doing it all these days, so I can’t wait to see the videos, hear the creative songs and join our talented winner at Girl Scouts Rock the Mall. It’s going to be truly inspiring,’’ said Thia, who is also featured in the 14-song ZhuZhu Pets—Quest for Zhu original motion picture soundtrack. There are also reports that Thia and YouTube sensation Savannah Outen will be in the Zhu-niverse float in the 85th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Cynthia, in the phone interview, says Thia hasn’t been officially asked to be part of the float.

“It would be nice but Thia told me, ‘Mom, they should have called me by this time,’’’ she shares.

This post has been edited by elln09: Nov 15th 2011, 1:18 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tex68
post Nov 15th 2011, 3:15 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(elln09 @ Nov 15th 2011, 1:07 AM) *

Maybe I have read this wrong, but I don't think Thia will be there I believe it is just Savannah Outen that will be on the float.

This is the link to the article.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/zh...-133649688.html

This is a quote from the Manila Sandard on Friday with her mother Cynthia, and Thia.

“I know that girls are doing it all these days, so I can’t wait to see the videos, hear the creative songs and join our talented winner at Girl Scouts Rock the Mall. It’s going to be truly inspiring,’’ said Thia, who is also featured in the 14-song ZhuZhu Pets—Quest for Zhu original motion picture soundtrack. There are also reports that Thia and YouTube sensation Savannah Outen will be in the Zhu-niverse float in the 85th Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Cynthia, in the phone interview, says Thia hasn’t been officially asked to be part of the float.

“It would be nice but Thia told me, ‘Mom, they should have called me by this time,’’’ she shares.

I think I mis-interpreted that article. Kind of confusing since almost all the sites that got that article are showing pics of Thia.

The blogger on the ThiaMegiaNetwork ( http://thiamegianetwork.blogspot.com/ ) had this to say too:
"But that's not the only reason she trended, on the same day PR NEWS released Press Release announcing that she will grace the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on Nov 24, 2011. She will be part of the Zhuniverse Float and will be featured singing One Fine Day. She will be the 3rd Filipina to be featured on the annual Thanksgiving festivies televised to 100 Million Americans after Anna Marie Perez de Tagle and her friend Charice."

As long as Scotty is one of the featured artists in the parade, that's all what matters to me. smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tex68
post Nov 15th 2011, 3:24 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Nov 15th 2011, 12:41 AM) *

Not going to NYC to see it -- will watch in the comfort of my cozy home.

Is every float going to have an entertainer? Seems that way. I'm hoping Scotty is at the beginning of the parade (for once, I'm not hoping for the pimp spot)....so that he can have plenty of time to get to Atlanta.

It's usually the case. But then some entertainers are just 'inserted' between floats or baloons to perform in the Macy's staging area.
Now I'm wondering what Scotty is going to sing. TTWG is kind of out of place for the parade in my opinion and I'm sure it will not go well with the theme of whatever float he's going to be featured. Another holiday song maybe? unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
taylortriumphs
post Nov 21st 2011, 2:37 PM
Post #8

Scotty McCreery Calls Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Invite 'Surreal'

Scotty McCreery grew up watching the annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and now he can’t wait to be part of it. McCreery joins other artists including Rodney Atkins, Shelby Lynne, Cee Lo Green, and Avril Lavigne in leading the 2011 parade from Central Park West to Herald Square in celebration of Thanksgiving. The parade will usher in the Christmas season, complete with an appearance by Santa Claus.

“I’ve always watched it every year, and now they invited me to be in it. It will be surreal and cold!” McCreery tells Taste of Country about the New York City parade. “They have me on a float. I’ll be singing and it’s just kind of a nice, simple thing. It’ll just be cool to be up there and see everybody out there.”

“I grew up watching it every year, so to be in it is pretty amazing,”
he says.

http://tasteofcountry.com/scotty-mccreery-...-parade-invite/

--------------------
+Quote Post
DMJ2259
post Nov 21st 2011, 2:59 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Tex68 @ Nov 15th 2011, 3:24 AM) *

It's usually the case. But then some entertainers are just 'inserted' between floats or baloons to perform in the Macy's staging area.
Now I'm wondering what Scotty is going to sing. TTWG is kind of out of place for the parade in my opinion and I'm sure it will not go well with the theme of whatever float he's going to be featured. Another holiday song maybe? unsure.gif

Scotty said during the Raliegh parade interview that he will be singing TTWG at the Macy's NY Parade

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
milkywayx
post Nov 21st 2011, 5:32 PM
Post #10

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

Since I'm from NY my family sometimes get to experience the occassion. Thing is, every 2 years we spend Thanksgiving at my grandpa's place in Chicago and it landed on this year. I would have loved to see Scotty. sad.gif

--------------------
ROCK THIS NIGHT ❤
make a little noise, country girls and boys.
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Nov 21st 2011, 6:30 PM
Post #11

Group: NX Subscribers

I've been trying to find the parade order of appearance - but Macy's site does not indicate what order all the floats, balloons, etc. will appear. However, if it is alphabetical -- Scotty will be very late in the parade. Macy's is using first names to alphabetize.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
applecake1234
post Nov 21st 2011, 9:59 PM
Post #12

I am orginally from a smal town(about 3000) in south-central Kentucky. In 2009, our marching band marched in the Macy's Parade. They had a little over a year to raise $100,000 to pay for their trip. It was a Water Tower Town working together to send them to New York City. They even closed the schools for the entire week because by the time student, parents, friends and family all headed to the Big Apple there were not many people left in town.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jailbelle
post Nov 21st 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #13

Fav. AI9: Casey James

QUOTE(applecake1234 @ Nov 21st 2011, 8:59 PM) *

I am orginally from a smal town(about 3000) in south-central Kentucky. In 2009, our marching band marched in the Macy's Parade. They had a little over a year to raise $100,000 to pay for their trip. It was a Water Tower Town working together to send them to New York City. They even closed the schools for the entire week because by the time student, parents, friends and family all headed to the Big Apple there were not many people left in town.

What a cool story! grin.gif Memories made that will last a lifetime!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tex68
post Nov 22nd 2011, 4:58 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(applecake1234 @ Nov 21st 2011, 9:59 PM) *

Wow! I didn't realize it cost that much for the band's expenses. I wonder how much it will cost the Hawaii All Star Band to travel?

Anyway, Scotty won't be parading hungy! smile.gif He will be featured with the Home Baked Goodness float:

HOME BAKED GOODNESS
MORTON SALT, INC.

Delicious goodies are ready for hungry tummies on the Home Baked Goodness float. Cooking up yummy treats from a giant cast iron stove top, the float overflows with scrumptious cupcakes, gingerbread men and cookies. This towering celebration of holiday baking could not be created without special recipes sprinkled with a pinch of Morton® Salt for holiday flavor. Traveling down the route making millions of spectators hungry for these special treats, the float will feature Scotty McCreery performing “The Trouble with Girls” from his No. 1 album.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lexien
post Nov 22nd 2011, 7:11 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Tex68 @ Nov 22nd 2011, 4:58 AM) *

Wow! I didn't realize it cost that much for the band's expenses. I wonder how much it will cost the Hawaii All Star Band to travel?

Anyway, Scotty won't be parading hungy! smile.gif He will be featured with the Home Baked Goodness float:

HOME BAKED GOODNESS
MORTON SALT, INC.

Delicious goodies are ready for hungry tummies on the Home Baked Goodness float. Cooking up yummy treats from a giant cast iron stove top, the float overflows with scrumptious cupcakes, gingerbread men and cookies. This towering celebration of holiday baking could not be created without special recipes sprinkled with a pinch of Morton® Salt for holiday flavor. Traveling down the route making millions of spectators hungry for these special treats, the float will feature Scotty McCreery performing “The Trouble with Girls” from his No. 1 album.

Since I doubt they'll actually be able to eat those things, Scotty may be VERY hungry yes.gif What a cool thing:)

--------------------
+Quote Post
DinaGator
post Nov 22nd 2011, 10:23 AM
Post #16

This isn't the Macy's parade but the Atlanta tree lighting:

n the morning, he’ll perform at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, then fly to Atlanta for the Macy’s Great Tree Lighting at Lenox Square Mall in the evening to sing George Strait’s “Christmas Cookies,” the hymn “Mary, Did You Know?” and the Burl Ives classic “Have a Holly Jolly Christmas.”

Someone has to video those songs!

--------------------
+Quote Post
lovesytycd
post Nov 22nd 2011, 10:47 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(DinaGator @ Nov 22nd 2011, 11:23 AM) *

n the morning, he’ll perform at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City, then fly to Atlanta for the Macy’s Great Tree Lighting at Lenox Square Mall in the evening to sing George Strait’s “Christmas Cookies,” the hymn “Mary, Did You Know?” and the Burl Ives classic “Have a Holly Jolly Christmas.”

Thank you! Love the Christmas songs he'll be singing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Buckeyenana6
post Nov 22nd 2011, 1:18 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(lovesytycd @ Nov 22nd 2011, 10:47 AM) *

Thank you! Love the Christmas songs he'll be singing.

How perfect for Scotty - a food float in NYC - and
I too love the songs he'll be singing in Atlanta - particularly
Mary did you know - hope someone tapes and posts for us!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tex68
post Nov 22nd 2011, 2:56 PM
Post #19

NBC's preview of the current float as prepared across the Hudson River.
IPB Image

Last year's float with J. Simpson.
IPB Image

QUOTE(DinaGator @ Nov 22nd 2011, 10:23 AM) *

Oh my goodness! 'Have A Holly Jolly Christmas' is my all time classic favorite. Always include it with my Christmas playlist. Scotty's voice would be a perfect match for this song.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
dusty_125125
post Nov 22nd 2011, 6:32 PM
Post #20

Thursday: Mainly sunny. High 53F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
weather report for New York City for Thanksgiving

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Jul 30th 2014, 2:01 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol