Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

82 Pages V « < 80 81 82   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2011-11-06 European Music Awards
grammamia
post Nov 20th 2011, 12:18 PM
Post #1621

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. CI5: Jaydee Bixby

QUOTE(jnmk @ Nov 19th 2011, 1:56 PM) *

brian may:

"suddenly there's someone i can work off and do what we do"

w00t.gif adam's vocals are perfect for queen songs. they could finally bring those songs to life again the way they were intended.

YES!!!

A few "Mega" concerts with Adam and Queen....that wouldn't be too far away... Adam could do it next summer/fall..........maybe to kick off or incorporate with his own tour.................

grin.gif

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. -Thomas Jefferson

"Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt. Mohandas Gandhi
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Silvia
Post #1622

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(barb4Adam @ Nov 20th 2011, 12:10 PM) *

Just wondering Sylvia...have you always had this problem expressing yourself!!??? w00twave.gif haha.gif huggy.gif

LOL. Seriously, I'm offended for him!!!! bloated.gif These ppl have no idea or understanding what ppl like May, Freddie and others have contributed to music. NONE! For them, the equal fame makes someone like the fetus equal to ppl like BM and Queen. There's no vomit smiley that can even express what I feel about it. wacko.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Nov 20th 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #1623

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Nov 20th 2011, 12:05 PM) *

MTV Japan aired the EMA's this morning. Different camera angles. Amazing audio/video quality! Thanks to mmyy9.

mmyy9 720x480 MPEG-TS 520MB Medley and the end credits (also different) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BHR90UQC Will upload the medley in HD later.

The above Megaupload link is for the TS file.

Here's the MP4 version download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1VTA37OC

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post Nov 20th 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #1624

QUOTE(Silvia @ Nov 20th 2011, 12:18 PM) *

LOL. Seriously, I'm offended for him!!!! bloated.gif These ppl have no idea or understanding what ppl like May, Freddie and others have contributed to music. NONE! For them, the equal fame makes someone like the fetus equal to ppl like BM and Queen. There's no vomit smiley that can even express what I feel about it. wacko.gif

Does this help!?IPB Image
Or maybe some words of wisdom from a man who knew a lot about ignorance in the world.....
Martin Luther King: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

This post has been edited by barb4Adam: Nov 20th 2011, 12:57 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 20th 2011, 2:51 PM
Post #1625

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Nov 20th 2011, 12:05 PM) *

MTV Japan aired the EMA's this morning. Different camera angles. Amazing audio/video quality! Thanks to mmyy9.

mmyy9 720x480 MPEG-TS 520MB Medley and the end credits (also different) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BHR90UQC Will upload the medley in HD later.

Thank you!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
stardust1213
post Nov 20th 2011, 3:59 PM
Post #1626

QUOTE(barb4Adam @ Nov 20th 2011, 1:55 PM) *

Does this help!?IPB Image
Or maybe some words of wisdom from a man who knew a lot about ignorance in the world.....
Martin Luther King: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

You can't talk to stupid people.... They don't know they're stupid!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 20th 2011, 6:22 PM
Post #1627

QUOTE(stardust1213 @ Nov 20th 2011, 3:59 PM) *

LMAO! Good call!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Nov 20th 2011, 6:25 PM
Post #1628

QUOTE(stardust1213 @ Nov 20th 2011, 3:59 PM) *

That reminds me of a sign my former employer had in his office...."I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person"

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Nov 21st 2011, 3:11 PM
Post #1629

Group Icon

You can vote every 6 hours...

http://queenrockband.blogspot.com/2011/11/...poll-queen.html

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
inverse
post Nov 21st 2011, 3:16 PM
Post #1630

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Nov 21st 2011, 3:11 PM) *

AAAHHHH as much as i want to vote for Adam in this poll, I can't vote against david bowie. pinch.gif i just can't do it.

if i could vote for multiple, i'd do that.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Nov 21st 2011, 4:02 PM
Post #1631

Voted. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ssuussaann
post Nov 21st 2011, 10:51 PM
Post #1632

I found this review at DDD that was brought in from Adamtopia (I think by that Adam fan that some people are claiming is over-the-top and embarrassing, but IMO she's no Juneau or the the lawyer who writes for the Examiner, I forget her name). Sorry I didn't ask for her permission but the site and name is there, and this is too good to let it sit in one site IMO.

ATop Review
11.7.11 by Cassie

"But it's been no bed of roses. No pleasure cruise. I consider it a challenge before the whole human race, and I ain't gonna lose! We are the champions."

Adam Lambert burst onto the national stage in the 2009 season of Idol. An example of how talent can be discovered, molded, and created by the program, and then, go on to a successful recording career. ...... NOT!

Adam's whole life, since the age of ten, has been focused on being a performer and artist. He studied his craft for years, he pounded the pavement, he knocked on hundreds of doors which were mostly slammed in his face. He was undaunted. He continued to build his voice, build his performance skills, build his knowledge of music of all kinds. He had the talent, he had the training, he had the experience, he had the vision, he had the determination and perseverence.

At the EMA awards show on November 6th, Adam dug down deep and called on everything in his impressive arsenal and gave us a quintessential performance. This is not an emerging artist. This is not an effemeral pop singer here today and gone tomorrow. What we witnessed, what we heard, what we saw, was Adam claiming his place as a world class performer with confidence, skill and power.

The vocals were amaaaazing. He used all his technique, all his knowledge of his body, and produced a sound that was strongly influenced by his classical training and background. It was much more than singing the right pitches, hitting the right notes. The sound evoked the power and finesse of an opera tenor, while modifying it to fit the classic rock numbers. His articulation was crystal clear. His attack, his subtle bending of notes and phrases gave the performance the emotions inherent in the songs.

He claimed the stage with his posture, his presence, his prowling. At the same time, his performance was in service to the tribute to Queen, never elevating himself above the song or the members of the band. He started his ethereal vocals in shadow, as if saying, "Who I am is not important. What I am singing, what we are creating, what we are paying homage to is key."

He threw the focus repeatedly to Brian May, encouraging him, acknowledging him, egging him on, enticing him onto the catwalk with him, leading him out front to his fans. He at once threw himself into the performance with total abandon and fearlessness, subsuming who he was into the greater total of what was being created. Yet, by doing that, and by doing it so masterfully, he was also being quintessentially himself. I do believe that only Adam Lambert could have accomplished that performance that night.

Adam has arrived. Adam has claimed his power and his place. It is magnificent to see and hear.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Nov 21st 2011, 10:54 PM
Post #1633

Group Icon

terra_zephead EMA had highest audience ratings since 2003 grin.gif i.e. more ppl saw the Medley http://t.co/MnKFzmv

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post Nov 24th 2011, 9:31 AM
Post #1634

Adam's in good company these days w00twave.gif........
Rolling Stone
100 Greatest Guitarists......
#26 Brian May

Probably the only guitarist to get a degree in astrophysics, Queen's lead guitarist (and frequent songwriter) is a brainy adventurer who's always seeking new effects. An early goal of his was "to be the first to put proper three-part [guitar] harmonies onto a record" like the orchestrated squeals of his solo in "Killer Queen." Brian May layered dozens of guitar parts onto individual tracks, building palatial walls of sound. Appropriately, even his instrument sprang from his imagination: His main guitar, the Red Special, a.k.a. the Old Lady, is a homemade wonder, constructed by May and his father in the early Sixties out of components including wood from a fireplace (he has been known to play it with a sixpence coin rather than a pick). It's yielded everything from the pirouetting, trebly solo in "Bohemian Rhapsody" to the proto-metal riffing of "Stone Cold Crazy." "I can listen to any player and pantomime their sound," Steve Vai said, "but I can't do Brian May. He's just walking on higher ground." thumbsup.gif
Key Tracks: "Keep Yourself Alive," "Brighton Rock"
Read more:http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rami
post Dec 3rd 2011, 11:53 AM
Post #1635

EMAs video Director's Cut!!

http://vimeo.com/33069354

--------------------
+Quote Post
nuuskamuikkunen
post Dec 3rd 2011, 4:49 PM
Post #1636

QUOTE(Rami @ Dec 3rd 2011, 4:53 PM) *

EMAs video Director's Cut!!

http://vimeo.com/33069354

Thank you! Loved some new camera angles. At the end view from audience waving and wallowing into the song was amazing.

PLEASE HELP NEEDED: does anyone have download link to fan video which was filmed very back from the theatre?High back seats? Audio was not best, during third song audience male sing-a-long was overhelming feed but during first two songs I absolutely loved it because it showcased Adam's voice SOARING above audience. Of course audience going omg that is incredible did not hurt either happy.gif

It has been removed from youtube or gone private, can't find it anymore? Does anyone have it?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Dec 17th 2011, 4:45 PM
Post #1637

Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

The repeat of the EMAs in now being shown on TV on the Viva channel (Freeview) - from 9:20pm to 11:40pm (UK Time). grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mima
post Dec 18th 2011, 7:22 AM
Post #1638

I've just found this at Queen Online Forum.

The Italian newspaper L'Arena, from Verona, states that Queen and Adam Lambert could make a show at the suggestive location "Arena of Verona", in Italy, next summer, exactly on 23 July 2012.

This is the Italian link:
http://www.larena.it/stories/Cultura_e_Spe...ena/?refresh_ce

I don't know which thread to post, but this is related Queen, so I post here.
Is there any Italian fan who can translate the article?

--------------------
+Quote Post

82 Pages V « < 80 81 82
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 26th 2014, 10:06 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol