Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Better than AI and X Factor
D.J.
post Nov 1st 2011, 2:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

With X Factor there seems like no diversity at all. They're all looking for the next young star (except for a select few people who have no shot at winning) for teenyboppers. The host is worse than Dunkleman. At least we can pick on Carson. This guy is just dull as dishwater.

With the AI demographic you put one guy like Scotty on the show and everyone else is playing for second place.

The Voice gives you no tired out joke auditions, judges with actual chemistry and diversity.

This post has been edited by D.J.: Nov 1st 2011, 5:18 PM

--------------------
"Humanity is premiering you jags."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 1st 2011, 2:32 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

kristie
post Nov 1st 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI 13: Jena Irene

QUOTE(D.J. @ Nov 1st 2011, 3:32 PM) *

With X Factor there seems like no diversity at all. They're all looking for the next young star (except for a select few people who have no shot at winning) for teenyboppers. The host is worse than Dunkleman. At least we can pick on Carson. This guy is just dull as dishwater.

With the AI demographic you put one guy like Scotty on the show and everyone else is playing for second place.

The Voice gives you no tired out joke auditions, judges with actual chemistry and diversity.

that's why i love it.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
siliconesaline
post Nov 2nd 2011, 7:12 PM
Post #3

It's worse than both.

--------------------
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Nov 2nd 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #4

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(siliconesaline @ Nov 2nd 2011, 6:12 PM) *

It's worse than both.

I agree. I love the concept of the show though. It's the contestants that ruined it for me last season. bloated.gif They were all mediocre at best. Get better contestants then I will say it's better grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
D.J.
post Nov 2nd 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #5

Javier, Casey, Vicci, Dia and Beverly are mediocre? If they're mediocre I'd love to hear what you think of the people on AI lately and XFactor. Despite how great people think AI10 was the only consistent singer who showed some kind of progression was Haley and I'm not even much of a fan. A lot of the folks on XFactor are more entertainers than they are singers.

This post has been edited by D.J.: Nov 2nd 2011, 11:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
MyystikSpiral
post Nov 8th 2011, 1:36 AM
Post #6

I heart.gif the Voice, I think it is the best as well.

Far and away the best judges. I love the blind auditons, and the performances with the judges. I still cannot wrap my mind around how much J Lo and Stephen Tyler are paid for as bad as they are. no.gif

And I liked nearly all the contestants, whereas I disliked most of XF and Idols this last year.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Treefroggiefreak
post Nov 8th 2011, 5:35 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

I think The Voice is definitely better than the past couple of Idol seasons and Season 1 of The X-Factor. However, the show still needs kinks worked out. We didn't get enough performances from the contestants last year, the judges had too much control for too long, and the battle rounds robbed a few people.

--------------------
IPB Image
Kristen O'Connor || Majesty York || Jillian Jensen || Sam Woolf || Alex Preston || George Lovett Hamilton
+Quote Post
Weedy Speedy
post Nov 8th 2011, 6:42 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

I think they all suck this year, personally. The Voice had the strongest talent of the three, but I found the format of the show so pointlessly aggrevating that it almost cancels out the pros it has in that department. Oh well, at least I was able to get through the entire season, which is a lot more than I can say for AI10, so there's that.

This post has been edited by Weedy Spyze: Nov 8th 2011, 6:45 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Carrie&BlakeFan @ May 15th 2014, 11:21 PM) *
Caleb winning is the last thing Idol needs? I think season 13 overall was the last thing Idol needed.
+Quote Post
D.J.
post Nov 8th 2011, 9:18 PM
Post #9

There were definitely kinks but it was the first season so that was expected.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Blordin_FanGirl
post Nov 10th 2011, 12:04 AM
Post #10

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI6: JoCAKE

I agree! I love the judges chemistry, and now they seem to be closer together and I love that they can tease and play around with each other. I really enjoyed the first season and can't wait for season 2. LOL seems X-factor didn't do as well as people predicted. Cursetina got you Simon!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bswanson
post Dec 5th 2011, 5:58 PM
Post #11

Fav. Singer: Taylor Swift

best thing is they limit the number of votes. 10 per method. fair to everyone. you dont have one person getting a million votes cause a teen girl thinks he looks hot, like in Idol lol.

--------------------
credit Laci
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kristie
post Dec 5th 2011, 9:07 PM
Post #12

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI 13: Jena Irene

QUOTE(bswanson @ Dec 5th 2011, 6:58 PM) *

best thing is they limit the number of votes. 10 per method. fair to everyone. you dont have one person getting a million votes cause a teen girl thinks he looks hot, like in Idol lol.

true.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kamil24
post Dec 5th 2011, 11:08 PM
Post #13

Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. AI13: Emily Piriz

The voting format is way better here. My favourite can get second instead of always getting 6th or 9th.

--------------------
Emily Piriz, Malaya Watson, Jena Irene, Jessica MeuseIPB Image
+Quote Post
Heartofsong83
post Dec 9th 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI3: Lisa Leuschner
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Felicia Barton

I would agree The Voice has by far the best personalities, as its singers cream those on X Factor and overall would be very competitive with Idol and has BY FAR the best judges/mentors. Its drawbacks though is that its format makes it tough to succeed, and it was the least promoted of the shows by far. But that may also draw fans of indie music to the show since it lacks the glitz and glamor of the other two?

--------------------
+Quote Post
1dbad
post Dec 9th 2011, 1:20 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(Heartofsong83 @ Dec 9th 2011, 11:17 AM) *

and it was the least promoted of the shows by far.

Really? huh.gif I remember seeing tons of promotion for it before it came out. In a lot of different mediums too.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Heartofsong83
post Dec 9th 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #16

Fav. AI3: Lisa Leuschner
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Felicia Barton

QUOTE(1dbad @ Dec 9th 2011, 1:20 PM) *

Really? huh.gif I remember seeing tons of promotion for it before it came out. In a lot of different mediums too.

Well, compared to the hype of the X Factor and the promotion and egos with the $5M prize, there was almost no promotion for The Voice beyond what would be expected for any new show.

--------------------
+Quote Post
chessguy99
post Dec 10th 2011, 9:02 AM
Post #17

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez

The Voice was actually heavily promoted, but since the only reason most IDFers watch NBC is to see The Voice, most of the promotion went unnoticed. I remember they bought heavily into radio ads on Top40, HAC and Country stations. There were tie-in promotions with the CBS Radio Group. In fact XF wasn't promoted much beyond Fox, and that could be the reason Simon didn't get the ratings The Voice did.

--------------------
We on a planet where there ain't no drama and the party's never ending
Idol: S3 Diana Degarmo, S4 Carrie Underwood, S5 Katharine McPhee, S6 Jordin Sparks, S7 Syesha, S8 Allison Iraheta, S9 Siobhan Magnus, S10 Haley Reinhart, S11 Jessica Sanchez, S13 Alex Preston
XF-UK: S4 Rhydian, S5 Diana Vickers, S6 Stacey Solomon, S7 Cher Lloyd, S8 Amelia Lily/Little Mix
The Voice: S1 Dia Frampton, S2 Juliet Simms, S3 Cassadee Pope/Melanie Martinez, S5 Jacquie Lee
XF-US: S1 Drew, S2 Tate Stevens
+Quote Post
1dbad
post Dec 10th 2011, 12:53 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Heartofsong83 @ Dec 9th 2011, 9:17 PM) *

Well, compared to the hype of the X Factor and the promotion and egos with the $5M prize, there was almost no promotion for The Voice beyond what would be expected for any new show.

I don't deny that it was heavily promoted on Fox, but that doesn't mean The Voice wasn't either. In fact it was promoted more so in some ways, since not only was it promoted a lot but it was promoted in a lot of different mediums too.

QUOTE(chessguy99 @ Dec 10th 2011, 8:02 AM) *

The Voice was actually heavily promoted, but since the only reason most IDFers watch NBC is to see The Voice, most of the promotion went unnoticed. I remember they bought heavily into radio ads on Top40, HAC and Country stations. There were tie-in promotions with the CBS Radio Group. In fact XF wasn't promoted much beyond Fox, and that could be the reason Simon didn't get the ratings The Voice did.

Thanks. thumbsup.gif I actually didn't know about the radio ads, but I'm not surprised. And it was promoted in a lot of other mediums as well, like in magazines, ect. And you know I hadn't thought of that, but that very well could be the reason Simon didn't get the ratings The Voice did. yes.gif Although I do think a few other factors came in as well, like the over-promotion actually turning people off, ect.

This post has been edited by 1dbad: Dec 10th 2011, 1:04 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
akubz
post Dec 11th 2011, 11:21 PM
Post #19

Fav. The X Factor >

Sorry, but this show completelyy ripped of X Factor with the mentoring thing and got it out first, trying to take the credit. The auditions were cool, but its just a gimmick and besides some chairs spinning, is the same show as everyone else. Carson is probably one of the worst hosts I have ever seen, 10x worse than Steve, and that says something.

The whole show was rushed and the voting with the percentages and just 10 contestants off at a time allowed hardly any connection to the contestants at all. Harsh, yeah I am bitter, but I think I would take watching American sleep_1.gif Idol over this.

Begin Hate there V

--------------------
+Quote Post
JoeK
post Dec 12th 2011, 9:29 AM
Post #20

it really is just a watered down version of the other shows...
The contestants on this show lack the talent of those on Idol, and the marketability of those on X-Factor...
the blind auditions were cool, although it's simply a gimmick that will lose it's appeal after a couple season... the battle rounds were also interesting, but they dragged on way too long and allowed certain contestants to go through over far more deserving people because they had easier matchups...and once they got to the live shows, it was just another singing competition that is inferior to either shows... the performances weren't as vocally strong as idol, and they tried to do stage theatrics but without the high production values that x factor uses so most of the time they would come off as lame and overly campy
plus I also hate how they compete against their own team until it's down to F4... and the judges were awful... the Maroon 5 tool is probably the most unlikable judge I've seen on any show...Christina was worse than Paula in her most drugged out stages...and it seemed Blake made his decisions by who would take the elimination easier more than who was better ... and I know the judges on Idol and X Factor have praised lackluster performances time and time again, but it's nothing compared to the way they were on the voice where every single performance got a rave review no matter how much of a trainwreck some of them were
The one thing I liked about this show is that it was more honest in that they openly admitting that they had producers scout contestants for the show... and the fact that there were no gag auditions...but overall the voice is nothing more than a subpar idol/ x-factor ripoff with a couple cute gimmicks

This post has been edited by JoeK: Dec 12th 2011, 9:30 AM

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 23rd 2014, 7:22 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol