Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Grammy Submission Lists 2011-2012
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Dec 1st 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #81

Group: Members

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Nov 30th 2011, 10:59 PM) *

Adam did not get nominated... http://www.grammy.com/nominees#content

Onwards and upwards for the new era!

New NEWS next week!!!!

WOOT!

Darn. What news next week?

Edit: Just read the Trespassing thread. Hoping we get a release date next week. original.gif

This post has been edited by Adam_Fan_Forever: Dec 1st 2011, 12:21 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Dec 1st 2011, 12:16 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

ssuussaann
post Dec 1st 2011, 12:30 AM
Post #82

QUOTE(adamazing @ Nov 30th 2011, 11:58 PM) *

I was wondering about that also. Does that mean since Adam is just on his second album that he could be nominated for it next year? Just curious because I don't understand the timing and the process.

I was hoping he'd be nominated this year for BNA (I don't think that's a category that takes submissions). There are some strange rules that allow performers who are already known, to be nominated. I don't know the rules well enough to know whether Adam can be nominated in that category next year, but by the time those grammies roll around, I hope he'll be nominated for something bigger.

Sh*t, I really was expecting him to get nominated for the GNT vid and even win. Who the heck are the last two groups that got nominated; the first three, I can understand, if they were in the field with Adam!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Dec 1st 2011, 7:05 AM
Post #83

QUOTE(Crazyadamfan09 @ Nov 30th 2011, 11:12 PM) *

Some of those nominees make no damn sense. Nicki Minaj for best new artist?? I've been knowing about her for 3 years now!

http://www.grammy.com/news/academy-approve...gory-amendments

Best New Artist
New artists have at least one chance to compete in the Best New Artist category, provided that the artist has not already won a GRAMMY. The current eligibility requirements state that the artist must have released, as a featured performing artist, at least one album but not more than three; and the artist must not have been entered for Best New Artist more than three times, including as a performing member of an established group. Any previous GRAMMY nomination for the artist as performer precludes eligibility in the Best New Artist category (including a nomination as an established performing member of a nominated group).

These rules remain in effect with the following exception: If an artist/group is nominated (but does not win) for the release of a single or as a featured artist or collaborator on a compilation or other artist's album before the artist/group has released an entire album (and becomes eligible in this category for the first time), the artist/group may enter this category in the eligibility year during which his/her/their first album is released.

More and more, the first release of a new artist is as a featured artist on someone else's album, or the new artist may release a single long before the release of his/her/their entire first album. By current rules, if the other artist's album or the new artist's single receives a nomination, the new artist may never have the opportunity to compete in the Best New Artist category. With this change, each artist will have at least one opportunity to enter in this important and highly visible category.

--------------------
IPB Image
Avi & Sig: Ashline
+Quote Post
Crazyadamfan09
post Dec 1st 2011, 9:44 AM
Post #84

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. Artist: Rihanna

QUOTE(bebeg @ Dec 1st 2011, 8:05 AM) *

Yeah I know how it works. I'm just saying it's stupid because she's definitely not a new artist.

These nominees are just based off who's the most overrated or something. Kanye west has the most nominations. Totally ridiculous.

This post has been edited by Crazyadamfan09: Dec 1st 2011, 9:46 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Dec 1st 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #85

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

There's always next year, guys! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Hand
post Dec 2nd 2011, 8:44 AM
Post #86

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Fav. CI3: Josh Palmer
Fav. SYTYCD8: Sasha Mallory

Booo for no noms.

However, I'm glad for some other noms... Robyn got two and Foo Fighters got six noms. Foos must be thrilled, based on their tweets:

foofighters Wasting Light is the 1st album ever nominated 4 Album of the Year to be mastered by a woman. Ask Emily Lazar. RAD. Long Live Rock and Roll!

foofighters An album made in a garage, entirely to analog tape, w/no help from computers, can be nominated for Album of the Year.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gram...t-analog-268366

--------------------
+Quote Post
ssuussaann
post Dec 2nd 2011, 8:55 AM
Post #87

QUOTE(Hand @ Dec 2nd 2011, 8:44 AM) *
Booo for no noms.

foofighters An album made in a garage, entirely to analog tape, w/no help from computers, can be nominated for Album of the Year.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gram...t-analog-268366

Evidence that people are getting sick of over-production?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Dec 2nd 2011, 9:45 AM
Post #88

Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

QUOTE(ssuussaann @ Dec 2nd 2011, 8:55 AM) *

Evidence that people are getting sick of over-production?

If people are really getting sick of over-production, then Adam's GNT Live would have received at least one Grammy nomination. Remember: It's a LIVE album (with amazing live vocals), it's not a studio album.

Sorry, it may sound like sour grapes. Apart from the 'Best New Artist' category, the majority of the nominations for the other major categories (such as 'Album Of The Year') have gone to those well-known and commercially successful artists. I am quite disappointed with this year's Grammy nomination list.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ssuussaann
post Dec 2nd 2011, 10:49 AM
Post #89

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Dec 2nd 2011, 9:45 AM) *

If people are really getting sick of over-production, then Adam's GNT Live would have received at least one Grammy nomination. Remember: It's a LIVE album (with amazing live vocals), it's not a studio album.

Sorry, it may sound like sour grapes. Apart from the 'Best New Artist' category, the majority of the nominations for the other major categories (such as 'Album Of The Year') have gone to those well-known and commercially successful artists. I am quite disappointed with this year's Grammy nomination list.

But that's always the case with the Grammies, as well as all the other awards. And all kinds of industry people are the ones who make the nom choices from the submissions lists. That's why I was surprised Adam didn't make it. It could be that not enough voters selected that category to vote on, so it was up to the directors to select the nominees and the 'safe commercial bets' were selected.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Dec 2nd 2011, 1:09 PM
Post #90

QUOTE(Vivaldi @ Dec 2nd 2011, 9:45 AM) *

Very true. I'm surprised that LMFAO or Beyonce didn't get any either, though, considering both are everywhere.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
marlock276
post Dec 2nd 2011, 1:19 PM
Post #91

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Dec 2nd 2011, 2:09 PM) *

Very true. I'm surprised that LMFAO or Beyonce didn't get any either, though, considering both are everywhere.

Can't wait until next year when Adam takes home more Grammys than he can carry!

I was happy to see The Decemberists nominated for Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance. . . I love them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sw61oITuts

This is such a fun song. . . I would say they're more folk rock. I know this has been explained millions of times, but could someone please tell me again how to embed a video? flowers.gif

This post has been edited by marlock276: Dec 2nd 2011, 1:23 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Dec 2nd 2011, 1:31 PM
Post #92

QUOTE(marlock276 @ Dec 2nd 2011, 1:19 PM) *

Can't wait until next year when Adam takes home more Grammys than he can carry!

I was happy to see The Decemberists nominated for Best Rock Song and Best Rock Performance. . . I love them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sw61oITuts

This is such a fun song. . . I would say they're more folk rock. I know this has been explained millions of times, but could someone please tell me again how to embed a video? flowers.gif

You just post [ youtube] (no space between the [ and youtube), along with URL to the video. Delete everything in the URL, except for everything after v= and then close off the tag, with [/ youtube] (once again, no space between the / and youtube).

Hope that helps! huggy.gif

This post has been edited by Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life: Dec 2nd 2011, 1:32 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
marlock276
post Dec 2nd 2011, 1:58 PM
Post #93

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Dec 2nd 2011, 2:31 PM) *

You just post [ youtube] (no space between the [ and youtube), along with URL to the video. Delete everything in the URL, except for everything after v= and then close off the tag, with [/ youtube] (once again, no space between the / and youtube).

Hope that helps! huggy.gif

Thank you Paula! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Dec 2nd 2011, 2:00 PM
Post #94

QUOTE(marlock276 @ Dec 2nd 2011, 1:58 PM) *

Thank you Paula! huggy.gif

Welcome! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 18th 2014, 6:24 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol