Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> First date for the Holiday tour.....
tibitibi
post Sep 29th 2011, 9:36 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

QUOTE(1FineDay @ Sep 29th 2011, 3:48 AM) *

Well, it seems to me for his first solo tour he probably didn't have a lot of say-so. Next, was it the Demi tour? Same. Then CFTH which was in 2009. A Christmas tour by nature is just a smaller tour anyway I would assume. Isn't that his last U.S. tour??? I mean he's done a few shows, but no other tour. We thought there would be a TOSOD tour, but that never materialized. So this tour I think is just a chance for him to get out there, enjoy being with SOME of the fans, and enjoy himself as well. I think it's just not logistically/materially possible to do a more extensive tour at this point in time.

If you check out previous tour dates, the guy's actually been a lot of places!
http://fansofdavid.com/?page_id=16941

NOt exactly in Tour or thanks to Demi's tour fans from his not safe/comfort zone were able to see him and that was in rthe summer of 2009......so if he still in the business next year, better to open for someone else, because i think is the only way for fans from others zones to see him in concert ...... the eschedule of this MKOCT is too safe in my opinion and clearly the logistic need help....pronto.

Anyway, hope and wish he can selll out this shows and make good money with the merchandise and VIP that btw were reduced to te minimum ....but still important for him to sell out the shows in whatever format him and his manager already decided. wink.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 29th 2011, 9:36 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

1FineDay
post Sep 29th 2011, 10:16 AM
Post #22

QUOTE(tibitibi @ Sep 29th 2011, 7:36 AM) *

NOt exactly in Tour or thanks to Demi's tour fans from his not safe/comfort zone were able to see him and that was in rthe summer of 2009......so if he still in the business next year, better to open for someone else, because i think is the only way for fans from others zones to see him in concert ...... the eschedule of this MKOCT is too safe in my opinion and clearly the logistic need help....pronto.

Anyway, hope and wish he can selll out this shows and make good money with the merchandise and VIP that btw were reduced to te minimum ....but still important for him to sell out the shows in whatever format him and his manager already decided. wink.gif

I don't know why you use the word "safe" and "comfort zone", like he's afraid to go anywhere. I really don't get the connection.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JORDAN_FAN
post Sep 29th 2011, 4:51 PM
Post #23

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AJ:JordanMcCoy AI3:JohnStevens

Ahhh, the Idaho shows are only 5-6 hours from me. The roads are just going to be crap, and it's the weekend right before finals. sad.gif pinch.gif crying.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
alleygirl87
post Sep 29th 2011, 8:40 PM
Post #24

Get ur friends to go people..i convinced like 10 of my friends to go to his concert icecream.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
tibitibi
post Sep 29th 2011, 9:24 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(JORDAN_FAN @ Sep 29th 2011, 5:51 PM) *

Ahhh, the Idaho shows are only 5-6 hours from me. The roads are just going to be crap, and it's the weekend right before finals. sad.gif pinch.gif crying.gif

Sorry? sad.gif , don't give up though !

QUOTE(alleygirl87 @ Sep 29th 2011, 9:40 PM) *

Get ur friends to go people..i convinced like 10 of my friends to go to his concert icecream.gif

Good Job, i'm confident he will sell out the shows and hopefully new people gonna be able to see him. original.gif

QUOTE(1FineDay @ Sep 29th 2011, 11:16 AM) *

I don't know why you use the word "safe" and "comfort zone", like he's afraid to go anywhere. I really don't get the connection.

the zone where he always go , in every tour he has ? ermm.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ailyn24voices
post Sep 30th 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #26

QUOTE(southerngirl82 @ Sep 29th 2011, 5:20 AM) *

Blackfoot, Idaho and cedar city? Lol random small towns that I dont see the need of him going if he is hitting slc and Boise.

I really do feel bad for the fans that live in all the states that are no where near any of the stops. I really do think it's ridiculous to go to so many stops so close together and ignoring the majority of the country. I understand that it probably is cause of budget costs but still...
It's catering to the same ol "old" fans which many are probably going to go to multiple stops cause they are close

I'm going to slc but no way am I getting VIP. I've met him several times for free and dont need another autograph. And there is not a soundcheck/acustic set in VIP so it's not worth $200 IMO

I never knew the VIP was so expensive! It's still cheaper than it was when he came to asia though haha but I guess there goes my dream of ever seeing soundcheck if I go to the US.

QUOTE(JORDAN_FAN @ Sep 29th 2011, 4:51 PM) *

aw! well at least you know in advance so you can start preparing for your finals earlier! grin.gif but yay you can go. grin.gif

--------------------
the shadow proves the sunshine.
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JORDAN_FAN
post Sep 30th 2011, 1:32 PM
Post #27

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AJ:JordanMcCoy AI3:JohnStevens

^^I just realized that the 8th and 9th are during the week, so that may not be reasonable now. And my main concern is the roads, I hate travelling an hour and a half on icy/snowy roads let alone 6 hours. Don't think my parents would be up for me doing that alone, and all my friends that could go have classes they will need to go to. Ughhh, I'll keep updated on it and find out when tickets are being sold, but I'm not sure right now. Stupid winter. lol Honestly, the only thing holding me back is the roads.

--------------------
+Quote Post
1FineDay
post Sep 30th 2011, 4:44 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(tibitibi @ Sep 29th 2011, 7:36 AM) *

You can't negate the Demi tour since he did choose to do it and go all those places. And yeah, that was back in 2009, but that's the last year any of us in the U.S. saw him in tour.

By "safe" do you mean where he knows he can sell tickets?? Or are you saying you think he feels uncomfortable going to some particular state in the U.S.? It's just too large a country to go everywhere for a tour like this, and I would say that he's stepped out of his "comfort zone" a long time ago. The guy's been a lot of places if you really look at everywhere he has toured/performed/traveled.

The Christmas tour is a small one, limited in nature (since it is for Christmas). It makes sense he would go to California and New York since they're huge states and important for publicity. And of course he wants to perform in his home state of Utah. I know it's disappointing to some fans because his last U.S. tour was 2 years ago and everybody wants to see him. I think this has more to do with logistics, timing, and money.

Ok, I guess I just disagee with your characterization that he's somehow playing it safe or afraid of something. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Upside
post Oct 1st 2011, 6:34 PM
Post #29

Four sell-outs for VIPs in the first few days of sales is a good sign. David Cook's tour was announced a few weeks ago and there have been no sell-outs of VIPs http://www.davidcooktix.com/events , not even the first show on October 9. And David Cook has label backing, 19M and a more recently released CD that received a fair amount of promotion. David Archuleta and his fans should be happy. Yes everyone wants him to go to more cities but nobody wants him to lose his shirt in the process.

This post has been edited by Upside: Oct 1st 2011, 6:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
southerngirl82
post Oct 1st 2011, 7:43 PM
Post #30

Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald
Fav. Teams: Reds, ReAL, Jazz

I wouldn't mind if he lost his shirt shifty.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Sing Out, Sing Out. Things can only get better. Sing Out, Sing Out. We’re bound to make a change.
#MLS4RSL
+Quote Post
moose.
post Oct 1st 2011, 8:52 PM
Post #31

Fav. AI10: Stefano Langone
Fav. AI11: Heejun Han

QUOTE(southerngirl82 @ Oct 1st 2011, 6:43 PM) *

roll.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
rad set by kollin
+Quote Post
dolls17
post Oct 1st 2011, 10:53 PM
Post #32

QUOTE(southerngirl82 @ Oct 1st 2011, 7:43 PM) *

lol. roll2.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
post Oct 2nd 2011, 11:35 PM
Post #33

Rest In Peace Dad

Fav. AI12: Kree Harrison
Fav. AI13: Sam Woolf
Fav. Australian: Michael Johns

I might go. shocked.gif

--------------------
REST IN PEACE x MICHAEL JOHNS x 10/20/78 - 08/01/14 / REST IN PEACE x SIMONE BATTLE x 06/17/89 - 09/05/14IPB ImageFOREVER IN MY HEART x I LOVE YOU ALWAYS x REST IN PEACE DAD x 3/22/69 - 7/11/12
+Quote Post
1FineDay
post Oct 3rd 2011, 1:24 AM
Post #34

QUOTE(southerngirl82 @ Oct 1st 2011, 5:43 PM) *

hahaha haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Blordin_FanGirl
post Oct 3rd 2011, 7:51 PM
Post #35

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI6: JoCAKE

So me and 2 friends are planning to go to the Club Nokia one but Ventura seems closer but I can't seem to find normal tickets for it other than the VIP package and we ain't paying $200 for that so that sucks.

Edit.

Oh wait now I did! Ooohhh....

This post has been edited by Blordin_FanGirl: Oct 3rd 2011, 7:53 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jennyjin89
post Oct 3rd 2011, 9:52 PM
Post #36

Is anyone going to the Santa Rosa one?

--------------------
+Quote Post
alleygirl87
post Oct 3rd 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #37

I'm not sure if it was a good idea for him to do four stops in california. I keep checking the available seats at Anaheim and it seems like he's only sold 1/3 when before after 2 days of sale he'd sold already 60%. I don't mind if fewer people go but I just hope he doesn't cancel it or anything. I feel like all the fans would've already bought his tickets if they were planning on going. Am I worrying too much?

I really hope he'll do some promo for the tour..I feel like he just kinda dropped the tour dates and then went into hiding again.

This post has been edited by alleygirl87: Oct 3rd 2011, 10:12 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Blordin_FanGirl
post Oct 3rd 2011, 11:20 PM
Post #38

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI6: JoCAKE

Got tickets for the LA one! Can't wait, first time seeing David live w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
moose.
post Oct 4th 2011, 1:27 AM
Post #39

Fav. AI10: Stefano Langone
Fav. AI11: Heejun Han

QUOTE(Blordin_FanGirl @ Oct 3rd 2011, 10:20 PM) *

Got tickets for the LA one! Can't wait, first time seeing David live w00t.gif

oh my gosh! how exciting! im sure you'll have a super rad time.

--------------------
IPB Image
rad set by kollin
+Quote Post
redsky25
post Oct 4th 2011, 10:52 AM
Post #40

It's pretty cool that the VIP tickets at five of his shows have sold out, how many VIP tickets are available per show? How many do they start with? Just wondering, I wish I could go to one of his shows sad.gif I've never been to one, well maybe he'll hit minnesota next time. original.gif Have a good day all!

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 6:52 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol