Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jordin has new song NFL related song called "You Gotta Want It", should be on itunes September 20th?
<3J.SPARKS<3
post Sep 26th 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AI13: Jessica Meuse

this needs to be a single. I think it will only sell around 100k but it will be a good buzz single

--------------------

Before you echo "Amen" in your home or place of worship, think and remember. A child is listening.
This ticket is not for me. ☮
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 26th 2011, 10:01 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Mr.JordinSparks
post Sep 26th 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #22

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. X Factor: Little Mix

This isn't that bad actually
IPB Image

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Feb 1st 2012, 6:23 PM
Post #23

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

this song and some of the others will be played during the Superbowl. w00t.gif

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02...t-child-o-mine/

February 1, 2012, 5:56 pm
Whither ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’?
By BENJAMIN HOFFMAN

Fans come to sporting events expecting to hear favorite songs from AC/DC, Guns & Roses and the Ramones. But if the N.F.L. and Banshee Music have anything to say about it, they will leave the games humming original works by Darius Rucker or Jordin Sparks.

As part of a partnership between the league and the music licensing company, original works have been commissioned to replace and augment the licensed material that for years has been used during touchdown celebrations and various lulls in the action.

Some of the artists already attached to the endeavor are Rucker, Sparks, Chickenfoot and James Durbin (whose song for the N.F.L. is featured in the video above). All of the songs will be played at various times throughout Sunday’s Super Bowl.

“We’re designed to help our clients navigate the music landscape especially when it comes to creating original content and shifting some of the rights that traditionally would be held on the label side and sharing in those rights and revenue streams on the back end,” said John Canaday, Banshee’s vice president of sports marketing.

The partnership started with the Green Bay Packers, who had Banshee commission the song “G-Force” for the team to use on kickoffs. The song became part of a major marketing push by the same name for the team.

The advantage to the teams and the N.F.L. is clear: Once they have purchased these songs, they are free to use them in perpetuity, and across all of the various new media that they are so eager to embrace.

“We’re not designed to replace what teams and the league are currently doing,” Canaday said. “We’re just here to augment that with content that they can actually share in the royalty stream of, and actually build some equity in.”

The upside to the artist is also fairly evident, as licensing opportunities have somewhat waned from years past, and this is a direct way to get paid to participate in something that could expand their audience.

The only people missing out will be the fans who truly believed they needed to hear the Guns & Roses anthem “Sweet Child O’ Mine” one more time.

“’Sweet Child O’ Mine,’ I think came out in 1987 or so, and people are still hearing it at pretty much any sporting event regardless of sport or region,” said Canaday, who said he believes the staying power of these anthems is not a hindrance but a hopeful sign of things to come. “That’s the benefit of the sports platform, these traditions once they stick are going to last a long time. “

The licensing at N.F.L. games recently made headlines when The Daily Mail claimed that convicted sex offender Gary Glitter would receive huge sums of money when a cover of his song “Rock and Roll Part II” played in Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday as part of Patriots touchdown celebrations.

The N.F.L., which controls all music at the Super Bowl, weighed in, saying the song would not be used during the game. The Patriots then also weighed in, saying that they have not used the song, or the cover of it, for several seasons, having replaced it with Bon Jovi’s “This Is Our House.”

If Banshee Music has its way, controversies like that should cease to exist.

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 22nd 2014, 1:22 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol