Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

> Jordin has new song NFL related song called "You Gotta Want It", should be on itunes September 20th?
jdanton2
post Sep 20th 2011, 7:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

a new Jordin song? it is not on itunes yet which the article says it will be today . unsure.gif

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/NashvilleBas...ml?x=0&.v=1

press release

Sept. 20, 2011, 7:50 a.m. EDT
Nashville-Based Better Angels Music Tunesmith Matthew Rogers Scores with Jordin Sparks Track for the NFL's 'Official Gameday Music of the NFL, Volume 2' Package

NASHVILLE, Tenn., Sept. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Better Angels Music Group staff songwriter Matthew J. Rogers has landed a cut with American Idol winner Jordin Sparks. It will be released on iTunes on September 20th as part of the NFL's "Official Gameday Music of the NFL, Volume 2" package. The track, "You Gotta Want It," is co-written with Chris Weaver and produced by Cash Money Records' Cool & Dre. In addition, the original rendition of the song, "Want It," performed by The Chris Weaver Band, was launched September 13th to Official LSU Music: Geaux Tigers.

Songwriter Matthew J. Rogers said, "My writing relationship with Chris (Weaver) is one of the longest-standing collaborations that I have in Nashville, which adds another level of significance to this situation. It's a big step for both of our careers, and I'm thrilled to see our hard work result in such a great opportunity with Jordin Sparks and the NFL."

Gary Ray, Vice President/General Manager at Better Angels Music noted, "We're so excited to see Matt land the Jordin Sparks cut for the NFL's 'Official Gameday Music of the NFL, Volume 2' release. All of us at Better Angels Music feel strongly Matthew is finally getting the recognition that he deserves as a hit songwriter."

Rogers is also currently enjoying success on the bluegrass charts with the single, "Coal Minin' Man," by two-time ICM Vocal Duo of the year recipients, The Roys. The song earned top 5 status on Bluegrass Music Profiles' Top 30 singles chart, as well as No. 1 on both the Power Source Top 35 and HotDisc International Top 40.

See more about Better Angels Music online at: http://www.betterangelsmusic.com/See more about Matthew Rogers online at: http://www.myspace.com/matthewjsongs

Catch all the info online at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MW3R2...441&sr=1-34

Images: http://www.ereleases.com/pic/2011-BetterAngelsMusic.jpghttp blarg.gif/ www.ereleases.com/pic/2011-MattRogers.png

Media Inquiries:Jeff Jacobs - [email protected]

This press release was issued through eReleases®. For more information, visit eReleases Press Release Distribution at http://www.ereleases.com .

SOURCE Matthew Rogers

Copyright © 2011 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Sep 20th 2011, 7:19 AM

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 20th 2011, 7:18 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
jdanton2
post Feb 1st 2012, 6:23 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

this song and some of the others will be played during the Superbowl. w00t.gif

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02...t-child-o-mine/

February 1, 2012, 5:56 pm
Whither ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’?
By BENJAMIN HOFFMAN

Fans come to sporting events expecting to hear favorite songs from AC/DC, Guns & Roses and the Ramones. But if the N.F.L. and Banshee Music have anything to say about it, they will leave the games humming original works by Darius Rucker or Jordin Sparks.

As part of a partnership between the league and the music licensing company, original works have been commissioned to replace and augment the licensed material that for years has been used during touchdown celebrations and various lulls in the action.

Some of the artists already attached to the endeavor are Rucker, Sparks, Chickenfoot and James Durbin (whose song for the N.F.L. is featured in the video above). All of the songs will be played at various times throughout Sunday’s Super Bowl.

“We’re designed to help our clients navigate the music landscape especially when it comes to creating original content and shifting some of the rights that traditionally would be held on the label side and sharing in those rights and revenue streams on the back end,” said John Canaday, Banshee’s vice president of sports marketing.

The partnership started with the Green Bay Packers, who had Banshee commission the song “G-Force” for the team to use on kickoffs. The song became part of a major marketing push by the same name for the team.

The advantage to the teams and the N.F.L. is clear: Once they have purchased these songs, they are free to use them in perpetuity, and across all of the various new media that they are so eager to embrace.

“We’re not designed to replace what teams and the league are currently doing,” Canaday said. “We’re just here to augment that with content that they can actually share in the royalty stream of, and actually build some equity in.”

The upside to the artist is also fairly evident, as licensing opportunities have somewhat waned from years past, and this is a direct way to get paid to participate in something that could expand their audience.

The only people missing out will be the fans who truly believed they needed to hear the Guns & Roses anthem “Sweet Child O’ Mine” one more time.

“’Sweet Child O’ Mine,’ I think came out in 1987 or so, and people are still hearing it at pretty much any sporting event regardless of sport or region,” said Canaday, who said he believes the staying power of these anthems is not a hindrance but a hopeful sign of things to come. “That’s the benefit of the sports platform, these traditions once they stick are going to last a long time. “

The licensing at N.F.L. games recently made headlines when The Daily Mail claimed that convicted sex offender Gary Glitter would receive huge sums of money when a cover of his song “Rock and Roll Part II” played in Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday as part of Patriots touchdown celebrations.

The N.F.L., which controls all music at the Super Bowl, weighed in, saying the song would not be used during the game. The Patriots then also weighed in, saying that they have not used the song, or the cover of it, for several seasons, having replaced it with Bon Jovi’s “This Is Our House.”

If Banshee Music has its way, controversies like that should cease to exist.

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
jdanton2   Jordin has new song NFL related song called "You Gotta Want It"   Sep 20th 2011, 7:18 AM
jdanton2   Amazon has it listed for September 27th so maybe i...   Sep 20th 2011, 8:00 AM
Liat275   new song,finally!!! :w00t:   Sep 20th 2011, 9:11 AM
Mr.JordinSparks   It sounds like a Cheetah Girls song but yay for ne...   Sep 20th 2011, 2:55 PM
JSparksMCarey   Right? She really needs to evolve her sound... but...   Sep 20th 2011, 3:22 PM
muttiwhc   i love this snippet! its gonna be hard waiting...   Sep 20th 2011, 5:00 PM
Mijumaru   Amazing :bounce: More More Her music is so addic...   Sep 20th 2011, 5:01 PM
cj688   There's something about this song that reminde...   Sep 20th 2011, 8:49 PM
stonash7   lord jordins music is so disney tween pop music s...   Sep 20th 2011, 10:31 PM
Kaiser081391   Well the important thing is that she has a new son...   Sep 20th 2011, 11:53 PM
daniela$   Well the important thing is that she has a new so...   Sep 21st 2011, 3:14 AM
muttiwhc   "You Gotta Want It" NOW ON US ITUNES...   Sep 25th 2011, 1:39 PM
jdanton2   "You Gotta Want It" NOW ON US ITUNES...   Sep 25th 2011, 2:53 PM
Mygecko18   is it on youtube yet   Sep 25th 2011, 2:06 PM
Liat275   if anyone is wiling to share :P   Sep 25th 2011, 2:43 PM
cj688   This guy recorded it from his laptop... so its low...   Sep 25th 2011, 2:45 PM
Liat275   This guy recorded it from his laptop... so its lo...   Sep 25th 2011, 3:31 PM
Mr.JordinSparks   Grrr I have no money left on my iTunes card :/   Sep 25th 2011, 6:11 PM
Mygecko18   Grrr I have no money left on my iTunes card :/ ...   Sep 25th 2011, 6:30 PM
jordinbsparks   thanks to JSPARKSFAN4LYFE1 for putting it on youtu...   Sep 26th 2011, 2:00 AM
<3J.SPARKS<3   this needs to be a single. I think it will only se...   Sep 26th 2011, 10:01 AM
Mr.JordinSparks   This isn't that bad actually http://i53.tinypi...   Sep 26th 2011, 10:36 PM
jdanton2   this song and some of the others will be played du...   Feb 1st 2012, 6:23 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 17th 2014, 4:34 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol