Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Purple Piano Project Episode Discussion, Season 3 Premiere, Sept. 20, 2011
DJ LF
post Sep 22nd 2011, 4:49 PM
Post #41

to write love on her arms

Group: Members

Fav. unicorn: mallory

QUOTE(angelj1884 @ Sep 22nd 2011, 2:56 PM) *

Hummelberry wub.gif I still find it weird to see the two of them so close considering how antagonistic they were to each other in the beginning but I am loving their friendship right now so I'm not going to complain.

I love how this week so many people got solo moments in the songs. It was really nice having the love spread around.

Also, on a side note, did anyone notice how cross-eyed Brittany look in the final number when they did the close up shot of her? At one point they close in on everyone's face in succession and for some reason she looks insane. It makes me laugh every time I see it. haha.gif

IPB Image

QUOTE(krazykelli @ Sep 22nd 2011, 5:05 PM) *

UGH YOUR SIGNATURE. wub.gif wub.gif

I'm sorry, I just had to say something. YOU'RE KILLING ME.

And I agree with your statement.

Thank you! I AIM TO PLEASE. Or kill, apparently. grin.gif

also, otp

--------------------
laullory foreech - not gonna stop til I find a coconut
IPB Image
x IPB Image x
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 22nd 2011, 4:49 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

aifanatic100
post Sep 22nd 2011, 5:33 PM
Post #42

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

QUOTE(DJ LF @ Sep 22nd 2011, 5:49 PM) *

IPB Image

roll.gif I noticed that too. I wonder if that was intentional for the character or if it just happened haha.gif

BTW, does anyone kind of wish that Brittany had sung the Penny part on "You Can't Stop the Beat" instead of Kurt? They didn't air that part, but it's on the mp3. I honestly can't remember if Artie and Brittany are still dating or not haha.gif But if they aren't then I guess it makes sense as to why they wouldn't sing together.

But I was just thinking about it. I don't love how Kurt's voice sounds on that part. He hits the notes, but it just sounds kind of weird. Not to mention, I'm used to the Amanda Bynes version from the movie. And I think that Brittany could have pulled off a version very similar to Amanda's. yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
MissXulia
post Sep 22nd 2011, 6:48 PM
Post #43

QUOTE(Lackey @ Sep 21st 2011, 4:58 PM) *
I love the plot line they set up for Rachel and Kurt wub.gif
Same here, and I've been loving their friendship moments since the beginning of last season. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE those two as friends, to the point where Hummelberry is my #2 Glee ship after Klaine, and I don't even ship Rachel and Kurt romantically. lmao.gif

QUOTE(aifanatic100 @ Sep 22nd 2011, 7:33 PM) *
I honestly can't remember if Artie and Brittany are still dating or not haha.gif
As far as I remember, they had broken up, or at least it seemed so, when Artie called Brittany stupid, I believe it was on Rumours, and he tried to get her back on Prom Queen but she didn't take him back. At the end of the episode they end things on a good note but I think it's just as friends.

[spoiler-ish]But I think I read somewhere that they were gonna back together this season so I honestly don't know, lol. That could've happened during the summer, but I think they would've showed that... So yeah, I guess we just have to wait and see.[/spoiler-ish]

This post has been edited by MissXulia: Sep 22nd 2011, 6:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
pnkrngrwnnb
post Sep 22nd 2011, 8:51 PM
Post #44

Fav. Fandom: Channel Awesome

QUOTE(DJ LF @ Sep 22nd 2011, 7:18 AM) *

Don't worry, I think Sugar is going to be awesome. grin.gif

Also, it's self-diagnosed, don't take it too seriously, haha.

QUOTE(singerboy @ Sep 22nd 2011, 9:38 AM) *

Exactly. I keep seeing people complaining about the portrayal of Sugar as someone with Asperger's when she clearly stated it was self-diagnosed, basically giving herself a license to be a b*tch.

Oh, I see. haha.gif I didn't catch that part for some reason. That's a bit better. We REAL Aspies will say the wrong thing, but we don't mean anything by it. We apologise when it's pointed out to us.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kahlia
post Sep 23rd 2011, 12:08 AM
Post #45

Fav. SYTYCD7: Kent Boyd
Fav. SYTYCD8: Jess LeProtto

QUOTE(DJ LF @ Sep 23rd 2011, 7:49 AM) *

IPB Image

roll2.gif

I was quite happy with this episode! Although I don't know where they're going with Quinn's storyline. Seems a bit random lol Gonna be sad at the end of this season sad.gif My favourite characters will be leaving sad.gif

I looovvvvved "It's Not Unusual" by Blaine heart.gif Oh so good! I'm so glad he's joined McKinley. Being a Musical junkie, I also loved "Ding, dong, the wicked witch is dead". Wasn't a fan of "We got the beat". I really don't like that song and then when I read they were doing it...ugh. And well "You can't stop the beat" was pretty stereotypical.

--------------------
+Quote Post
cannotsing33
post Sep 23rd 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #46

I thought the episode was okay. Not great but just okay.

I actually like all the songs in the episode, especially "You Can't Stop the Beat" but I thought there were too many Broadway songs. What made Glee great at the beginning was that they sang classic rock and anthemic songs! Where are those now?

The purple pianos did not make sense to me at all. I get that they wanted to use them as gimmicks to recruit but why were they painted purple? Because purple is a hip colour? I don't think so. It was just so random. It would have made sense if they were painted red as McKingley's colour but purple? Is it so that they could say 'purple piano project'?

I had to watch the last song if Blaine was in there because I almost did not notice him. It was odd yet fun seeing him sing along with New Directions and not being the lead. pinch.gif

Also another thing about Blaine. I think Finn is jealous of him, since he could be the new lead male! I can't wait for more Rachel and Blaine duets.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JORDAN_FAN
post Sep 23rd 2011, 5:57 PM
Post #47

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AJ:JordanMcCoy AI3:JohnStevens

Loved seeing Lindsay in this episode! I thought she did a really good job. yes.gif wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
singerboy
post Sep 24th 2011, 3:09 PM
Post #48

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Show Ever: Buffy!

QUOTE(cannotsing33 @ Sep 23rd 2011, 12:53 AM) *

I actually like all the songs in the episode, especially "You Can't Stop the Beat" but I thought there were too many Broadway songs. What made Glee great at the beginning was that they sang classic rock and anthemic songs! Where are those now?

I had to watch the last song if Blaine was in there because I almost did not notice him. It was odd yet fun seeing him sing along with New Directions and not being the lead. pinch.gif

Also another thing about Blaine. I think Finn is jealous of him, since he could be the new lead male! I can't wait for more Rachel and Blaine duets.

I kind of agree. I love Broadway so the number of Broadway songs this episode didn't really bother me but I do kind of miss the music from the beginning of the series.

Agreed. It was about time Blaine was in a song and not the lead.

I actually kind of felt bad for Cory this episode. In the beginning Jacob was making those comments about how mediocre Finn is and it kind of echoed my thoughts about Cory and why I don't think he should be lead. But by saying Finn was mediocre they were by extension calling Cory mediocre and it made me feel bad for him. But being called mediocre and having someone else come in who can pretty much do everything better than him musically would understandably make him jealous so I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Icons: x x x
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 30th 2014, 2:56 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol