Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

9 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kellaholics random talk thread...let's get to know each other!, "cause you don't know a thing about me.."
druth8x
post Sep 26th 2011, 4:33 PM
Post #61

Group: Members

w00twave.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 26th 2011, 4:33 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

lilaznkellfan
post Sep 26th 2011, 6:30 PM
Post #62

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. Singer: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(Treefroggiefreak @ Sep 25th 2011, 8:30 AM) *

Yeah I've only seen one person who I think is a great singer and even she just left me kind of wanting more.

Same here. yes.gif I like to be blown away by vocals and musicality, and I don't know if anyone's delivered the 1-2 punch yet for me, but technicality alone is a relief compared to the majority of XF auditions being aired so far.

QUOTE(kclarkson1323 @ Sep 25th 2011, 9:29 AM) *

Yeah XF has been really disappointing, I was expecting much better talent. So far though AI10 mops the floor with XF talent wise. Haley who I think was the most talented of the bunch (yes I'm biased tongue.gif ) had an incredible run plus Scotty, Lauren, Pia, James, and Casey were all super talented as well. XF I don't think will come close to the fun that was AI10...

Haley saved the season for me too. laughing.gif It's funny because I was such a skeptic early on, but then she started growing on me, and before I knew it, I was like, "When's Haley going to sing? I'm bored." bleh.gif I LOVE her. wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
♪ [x] sig & forum rules [x] idf subscriptions [x] download : kelly clarkson

Thanks so much to Deon for the awesome set! IPB Image ~ Jen +++ AI12 faves: candice & angie

+Quote Post
lilaznkellfan
post Sep 26th 2011, 6:39 PM
Post #63

Group Icon

QUOTE(kclarkson1323 @ Sep 25th 2011, 9:29 AM) *

They try to create too much drama instead of letting the talent carry the show. It may get better but right now Im not feeling it.

QUOTE(AdamLfan @ Sep 25th 2011, 9:47 AM) *

That's my main problem with the show. They create drama when it isn't necessary. I thought idol was bad but xfactor is like idol on steroids lol! The cheesy music and fake drama between the judges are just no.gif

QUOTE(druth8x @ Sep 25th 2011, 12:19 PM) *

lol, I remember when xfactor uk watchers were warning us that it was idol on steroids on all the wrong parts like producer and judge manipulations.

I agree with all three of you! yes.gif The manufactured drama and manipulative editing are over-the-top. More good singing, please. (Although as AdamLfan also said, some viewers love the dreck. pinch.gif)

Is anyone watching The Sing-Off? I've heard positive reviews, and the lovely Sara Bareilles is judging (heart.gif), but I don't know if I can justify adding another TV show to my watch list considering my project workload. tongue.gif *sighs*

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks so much to Deon for the awesome set! IPB Image ~ Jen +++ AI12 faves: candice & angie

+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Sep 26th 2011, 6:51 PM
Post #64

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

^^I haven't watched the Sing-Off yet but I really want to!

So.. I have a rant that probably most of you have heard from others but I'm gonna get it off of my chest lol

I wish Idol can produce another Kelly/Carrie type FEMALE winner. I seriously want another Kelly Clarkson lol. sad.gif I'm sick having winners that aren't very good. I really love Scotty and I think he will be very successful but he shouldn't have won based on talent. I wish people would vote for talent! If he got runner-up, and either Lauren or Haley won, I think idol would've had two very successful contestants. Lauren or Haley would have the perks of being the winner and Scotty can just be successful on his own because of who he is. I am so sick of these wgwg winning and not living up to their potential! no.gif I think idol will crash if they don't produce a female winner soon tbh. I'm not being sexist but lets face it, the females have been so much better post-idol. I don't know if it's just the treatment or the material they're given. *End of rant*

What do you guys think? happy.gif

This post has been edited by AdamLfan: Sep 26th 2011, 6:54 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Sep 26th 2011, 7:08 PM
Post #65

No one can be another Kelly or Carrie but I agree I so want another strong female winner.

--------------------
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Sep 26th 2011, 7:16 PM
Post #66

QUOTE(druth8x @ Sep 26th 2011, 6:08 PM) *

No one can be another Kelly or Carrie but I agree I so want another strong female winner.

Well yeah, I just meant I want another female in the pop genre who can actually sing grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Sep 26th 2011, 9:32 PM
Post #67

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

The Sing Off is awesome you should check it out if you haven't already. thumbsup.gif

I agree Idol needs another strong female winner. There will never be another Kelly or Carrie those don't come around very often. We've had very good females though like Jordin, Allison, and then this past season with Haley, Pia and Lauren. Its just nearly impossible for them to win with the way the voting is set up and the teens/tweens/cougars dominating the votes. Season 10 was great and Scotty wasn't a bad winner but I would have much rather seen Haley win.

--------------------
IPB Image
TV3: Cassadee| TV4: Danielle| TV5: Jacquie| TV6: Christina| AI13: Jena Irene|
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Sep 26th 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #68

Yeah, we've had strong female contenders but they can't seem to find a way to win.

In my nightmares s1 happened post Cook and Justin won. And s4 happened post Cook and Bo won.

It is so plausible that it can happen.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kclarkson1323
post Sep 26th 2011, 10:40 PM
Post #69

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

QUOTE(druth8x @ Sep 26th 2011, 11:27 PM) *

Yeah, we've had strong female contenders but they can't seem to find a way to win.

In my nightmares s1 happened post Cook and Justin won. And s4 happened post Cook and Bo won.

It is so plausible that it can happen.

The sad thing is thats exactly what would happen now. Kelly and Carrie in this age of Idol wouldn't win. Idol lost the majority of its casual viewer that helped keep the balance of power in check. Plus as we saw last season due to the two rookie judges, the level of manipulation is disgusting.

This post has been edited by kclarkson1323: Sep 26th 2011, 10:40 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
TV3: Cassadee| TV4: Danielle| TV5: Jacquie| TV6: Christina| AI13: Jena Irene|
+Quote Post
lilaznkellfan
post Sep 26th 2011, 11:52 PM
Post #70

Group Icon

QUOTE(AdamLfan @ Sep 26th 2011, 4:51 PM) *

So.. I have a rant that probably most of you have heard from others but I'm gonna get it off of my chest lol

I wish Idol can produce another Kelly/Carrie type FEMALE winner. I seriously want another Kelly Clarkson lol. sad.gif I'm sick having winners that aren't very good. I really love Scotty and I think he will be very successful but he shouldn't have won based on talent. I wish people would vote for talent! If he got runner-up, and either Lauren or Haley won, I think idol would've had two very successful contestants. Lauren or Haley would have the perks of being the winner and Scotty can just be successful on his own because of who he is. I am so sick of these wgwg winning and not living up to their potential! no.gif I think idol will crash if they don't produce a female winner soon tbh. I'm not being sexist but lets face it, the females have been so much better post-idol. I don't know if it's just the treatment or the material they're given. *End of rant*
What do you guys think? happy.gif

QUOTE(druth8x @ Sep 26th 2011, 5:08 PM) *

I agree. yes.gif I love outstanding female voices. In my sister's words: "They have more of a wow factor for me" (not that I dislike male voices). Sometimes I feel that I'm in the minority with this, but I have at least a few musical friends who are as crazy about female voices as I am, so they remind me I'm not alone. laughing.gif thumbsup.gif

Since American Idol, XF, and these shows are failing to put through and showcase top female talent, I really wish there were a better avenue to do so. YouTube has some talented singers, but it also has plenty of delusional non-singers too. If only someone could create a platform that serves real talent the way that Idol used to, that would be amazing. Anyone have any ideas? tongue.gif You only need a few people to start a movement. The rest is gathering steam. stuart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Treefroggiefreak
post Sep 27th 2011, 7:57 PM
Post #71

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

Kelly commented on Demi Lovato on her Facebook. wub.gif

I just saw a video of Demi Lovato covering Lil' Wayne's song "How to love" (which happens to be my favorite song at the moment) and she is so freakin talented and killed it! I am very excited to see where her career goes because she's got soul in what can be such a vanilla music industry .....thank you Demi!

I absolutely adore them both so it makes me happy haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Kristen O'Connor || Majesty York || Jillian Jensen || Sam Woolf || Alex Preston || George Lovett Hamilton
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Sep 27th 2011, 8:51 PM
Post #72

Maybe idol should break into two and make Male Idol and Female Idol lol!!! haha.gif

And OMG I love how Demi looks up to Kelly! They seriously need to sing together. That would make Demi happy and make me happy! heart.gif Kelly is so right, her How To Love cover is amazing! wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Sep 27th 2011, 9:42 PM
Post #73

QUOTE(AdamLfan @ Sep 27th 2011, 8:51 PM) *

Maybe idol should break into two and make Male Idol and Female Idol lol!!! haha.gif

Yeah twice as much programming. Though, Male Idol will get 15mil viewers and Female Idol will be lucky to get half that.

And, it's not like they are willing to acknowledge Transgenders. So, keep on portraying the myth that all there is is straight male and female singers.

Are you all talking about this?

--------------------
+Quote Post
AdamLfan
post Sep 27th 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #74

^^There's a professional video on mtv.com with her singing it. I think that's the one Kelly saw.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Sep 27th 2011, 11:16 PM
Post #75

oh ok so this:

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/694840/how-t...p-20-live.jhtml

I agree, Kelly has good taste.

--------------------
+Quote Post
duckwings
post Sep 28th 2011, 1:31 AM
Post #76

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks

Ok, got a question about this article huh.gif ..

The men of the NRL grand final have already won Kelly Clarkson's heart regardless of Sunday's result.

With the American Idol survivor headlining the pre-match entertainment at ANZ Stadium, she cast an eye over the talent from the Warriors and Sea Eagles yesterday.

She may be a football fan from Texas but it wasn't their on-field prowess that caught Clarkson's eye.

"Oh my goodness, are they all this frickin' cute?" she exclaimed as she checked out photos of some of the finest specimens from each club.

Even though Manly's David Williams is out of action, she couldn't help raving about the Wolfman.

"He's hot! My goodness, he's gorgeous. Look at that facial hair, I will put my hands all over that. He's adorable," she shrieked.

The Warriors' Kevin Locke also scored more than a few appreciative comments but, ultimately, it was everyone's man of the moment - winger Will Hopoate - who Clarkson cited as the "hottest" player to take the field in Sunday's big match.

"He's handsome! I like him, that's an awesome name as well. I want to be Kelly Hopoate," she said.

Clarkson isn't a complete rugby league novice, having cut her teeth on the game eight years ago when she performed at the 2003 grand final and later watched on from the stands with her mother as Penrith beat the Roosters.

She clearly remembers singing her debut single Miss Independent to the biggest live crowd of her young career. "It was so cool people liked the song even though my season of Idol wasn't shown over here," she said.

And the mutual admiration society between her and Australia has continued, with regular appearances in the upper echelons of our singles and album chart.

At this year's match, she will sing her latest single Mr Know It All from Stronger, her fifth album in 10 years.

The song isn't so much about an ex-boyfriend than directed at those who tried to command her career as she fought to find her own way after winning the first season of American Idol in 2002.

"I definitely dated a Mr Know-It-All unfortunately, but when I first heard the song, it was more about the fact I have worked with people in the business who are like that, people who think they know everything and I know nothing, which is annoying," she said.

Clarkson will also mentor finalists on that other television talent quest, The X Factor, tonight to promote the latest album's release on October 21.

She will return to Australia to tour in mid-2012.

Article Site

So is she mentoring Australias X-Factor or Americas?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Sep 28th 2011, 2:15 AM
Post #77

I'd imagine Aus X factor...it is currently in season, right?

US version is still audition stages there would be no way I can see any guest spots as regards to mentoring goes tonight.

--------------------
+Quote Post
lilaznkellfan
post Sep 28th 2011, 12:36 PM
Post #78

Group Icon

QUOTE(duckwings @ Sep 27th 2011, 11:31 PM) *
So is she mentoring Australias X-Factor or Americas?

Australia's The X Factor. yes.gif

@1:19: "You're going to do a bunch of things while you're here in the country [Australia]: X Factor mentoring, which we saw last night..."

Side note: Kelly is a riot in that NRL article. lmao.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
lilaznkellfan
post Sep 28th 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #79

Group Icon

Why do people sing a cappella when they cannot stay on key? fear.gif Oh my gosh, that last XF audition was MAD pitchy. Just say no! pinch.gif

Also, Simon's knock against Nicole was totally ill-informed. Girl can sing; whether she chooses to all the time is a different matter. She has a big voice when she uses it right. Here are some highlights:

G#5 @ 3:45

A5s @1:38 and 1:44

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
druth8x
post Sep 28th 2011, 11:46 PM
Post #80

I was pretty meh all through the first video.

The 2nd video her voice sounds amazing!

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 1st 2014, 1:02 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol