Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

58 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jordin to be in Sparkle movie with Whitney Houston
jordinbsparks
post Feb 24th 2012, 6:41 PM
Post #361

Group: Members

a 5 minutes interview with jordin:

http://idolator.com/6197141/whitney-housto...kle-performance

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 24th 2012, 6:41 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jdanton2
post Feb 24th 2012, 8:04 PM
Post #362

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

Jordin was on Access Hollywood . here is the article of the interview. thumbsup.gif

http://news.yahoo.com/jordin-sparks-taught..._medium=twitter

Jordin Sparks: I Taught Whitney Houston How To Dougie
Access HollywoodAccess Hollywood – 29 mins ago

On Thursday, Jordin Sparks hit the red carpet at the 5th Annual ESSENCE Black Women in Hollywood Luncheon, speaking publicly for the first time about her late "Sparkle" co-star Whitney Houston. But, in an exclusive, sit down interview with Access Hollywood's Shaun Robinson, the "American Idol" shared some of her most memorable off-camera moments with the late superstar.

"One thing folks didn't realize about her was her sense of humor, that she was really funny. Tell me one of the funniest things that you remember about her or something she said to you," Shaun asked.

"We did. There was a moment where.... she was blasting gospel [on her iPod] and then for me, sometimes I would put it on and [she said], 'Teach me how to Dougie!'" Jordin said of Whitney's request that the former "Idol" winner show her some dance moves.

"[There was] one night where we were all just waiting for the camera change and we're all upstairs and I put it on and we start moving and we're getting up and Whitney's like, 'OK,' and she starts Dougie-ing and we're all Dougie-ing. It was this crazy moment and it was just so funny," Jordin recounted.

"Was she good at it?" Shaun asked.

"She was, she was very good... It was just so funny and it was it was a kind of crazy, out of body experience because I'm looking at her going, 'This is Whitney Houston,' you know, regal, Whitney, and here she is just getting down and it was awesome," Jordin said. "It was amazing."

Jordin said she was "awestruck" often on the "Sparkle" set.

"Even after filming for a couple of weeks I was still just in that awestruck stage at moments. Like it would hit me, 'I'm standing across from her right now.' And she was always just so sweet," Jordin said.

"Sparkle" will hit theaters on August 17, 2012.

Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
3mshaw
post Feb 24th 2012, 8:35 PM
Post #363

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks

QUOTE(jdanton2 @ Feb 24th 2012, 5:32 PM) *

Jordin will talk about Whitney on Access Hollywood tonight. thumbsup.gif
http://www.tvguide.com/detail/tv-show.aspx...sodeid=20226822
Episode Detail: Access Hollywood - Access Hollywood
Jordin Sparks discusses Whitney Houston. Also: a countdown to the Academy Awards; a look at memorable Oscar moments from the past; an interview with Katharine McPhee.

This confuses me though! Where I am Access Hollywood came on at 12:30 pm. And I recorded it, the only thing it says about Jordin is Tommorrow it will have it, but the info says Jordin Sparks. And tommorrow is Saturday? What is this shows network and channel I am confused. And on their website it has Jordin the first thing.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/whitney-hou...llboard_feature

Here is the access Hollywood interview.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Feb 24th 2012, 9:15 PM
Post #364

QUOTE(3mshaw @ Feb 24th 2012, 8:35 PM) *

This confuses me though! Where I am Access Hollywood came on at 12:30 pm. And I recorded it, the only thing it says about Jordin is Tommorrow it will have it, but the info says Jordin Sparks. And tommorrow is Saturday? What is this shows network and channel I am confused. And on their website it has Jordin the first thing.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/whitney-hou...llboard_feature

Here is the access Hollywood interview.

i think different area's have it at different times . for me it was on tonight at 7:30 pm .

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

+Quote Post
Mr.JordinSparks
post Feb 24th 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #365

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. X Factor: Little Mix

QUOTE(jordinbsparks @ Feb 24th 2012, 6:41 PM) *

Aw she teared up half way through sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
3mshaw
post Feb 25th 2012, 1:00 AM
Post #366

This is the original Sparkle perorming "Look into your heart" by herself, not the duet that was showed before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HtnGe74y1k...feature=related

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Feb 25th 2012, 9:13 AM
Post #367

QUOTE(jordinbsparks @ Feb 24th 2012, 6:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Mr.JordinSparks @ Feb 24th 2012, 11:17 PM) *

Aw she teared up half way through sad.gif

i started bawling as well . sad.gif

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Feb 25th 2012, 9:12 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Feb 26th 2012, 6:23 AM
Post #368

according to People Jordin is on a list to play Whitney in a movie tribute though she is up against Rihanna,Jennifer Hudson,Vivica Fox and maybe Brandy for the role.

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/celebrit...02039-23765023/

Rihanna could be set to play Whitney Houston in movie tribute to singer

Feb 26 2012 by Nada Farhoud, The People
Rihanna

Pop queen Rihanna is among a string of stars in the running to play Whitney Houston in a movie tribute to the tragic singer.

Just days after the ­funeral of the Bodyguard actress, it has emerged a host of Hollywood celebs and music idols are clamouring for the film role.

Whitney’s mentor and record company boss Clive Davis is behind the project to immortalise the 48-year-old superstar on film.

A source said: “Clive wants to get the script done and start filming as soon as possible.”

Tribute

Executives are said to have already drawn up a shortlist of names they are considering playing ­troubled Whitney.

It includes We Found Love-singer Rihanna, 24. Dreamgirls star Jennifer Hudson, 30 – who gave a heartfelt tribute at the Grammy Awards to Whitney by singing her most famous song I Will Always Love You – is also in the frame.

Others include Independence Day ­actress Vivica Fox, 47, and 22-year-old American Idol singer Jordin Sparks.

R&B singer Brandy Norwood, the sister of Whitney’s boyfriend Ray J, is also being considered, while Will Smith’s 11-year-old daughter Willow is being lined up to play the tragic singer as a child.

A film of the superstar’s life story had been mooted before her untimely death a fortnight ago. Whitney’s lifeless body was found in a bath in a Beverly Hills hotel, where she was staying for the Grammy Awards. Her ­funeral was held a week ago in her hometown in New Jersey and watched by ­millions worldwide.

The source said: “Whitney knew about the project and was excited to see where it would lead. It’s hoped the biopic will be as successful as Tina Turner movie What’s Love Got To Do With It, which landed two Oscar nominations for Angela Bassett and Laurence Fishburne who played Tina and Ike Turner.”

Before Whitney’s death, singer Brandy, 33, threw her hat in the ring to play the star. She said: “My dream role would be to play Whitney Houston. I would love to play Ms Whitney. I have her ­personality down pat, her ‘isms’ down pat.

Talented

“Like, no offence, ladies – it’s a lot of talented ­ladies there – but nobody can play Whitney like me.”

Mr Davis, who discovered Whitney 30 years ago, spoke at her funeral of how she had planned a comeback this year. The star had previously ­battled a crack cocaine addiction.

In an emotional speech he said the singer had ­visited him days before her death. He said: “Whitney came to my hotel bungalow, no bodyguards, no security, just Whitney.

“It was like old times and she looked at me and quietly said, ‘I want you to know I’m getting in shape. I’m swimming an hour or two a day and I’m committed to get my high notes back. Clive, I will be ready ­by August.”

The results of toxicology tests to reveal the cause of Whitney’s death are expected in the next two months.

[email protected]

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Feb 26th 2012, 10:40 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Feb 26th 2012, 10:42 AM
Post #369

QUOTE(jdanton2 @ Feb 26th 2012, 6:23 AM) *

not sure how legit this article is but it says Jordin is on a list to play Whitney in a biopic. though she would have to compete with Rihanna ,Jennifer Hudson and Actress Vivica Fox. unsure.gif
http://www.baby-ace.net/blog/?p=32350
You da one! Rihanna shortlisted to play Whitney Houston in a biopic of the late singer

By J J Anisiobi

Last updated at 10:25 AM on 26th February 2012
Some of Hollywood's biggest female names are scrambling to win the movie role of one of pop music's biggest stars.

Just a few days after the funeral of Whitney Houston, it has emerged that Rihanna is among the shortlist of talent who are being considered for a biopic of the late legend.

Whitney's record label boss and close friend Clive Davis is at the helm of the project and he reportedly wants to get a script finalised as soon as possible so filming can begin.

Rihanna, 24, is in the running for the lead role as is Dreamgirls star Jennifer Hudson, 30.

Actress Vivica Fox, 47, and American Idol singer Jordin Sparks, 22, are also being considered for the movie and Will Smith's 11-year-old daughter Willow is thought to be portraying the actress as a child.

Although movie executives are hoping Riri will sign up for the film, the Talk That Talk singer already turned down the chance to remake Houston's The Bodyguard last year.
Legend: Whitney will be immortalised on screen

Legend: Whitney will be immortalised on screen

She told OK! magazine: 'I hate it when singers do singing movies all the time, because you can never look at them as anybody else. I want to play a character. My whole life is playing Rihanna; being a singer won't be a stretch for me.'

The superstar's life story had been discussed before her death and the I Will Always Love You singer was excited about the project.

A source told the People newspaper: 'Whitney knew about the project and was excited to see where it would lead.

'It's hoped the biopic will be as successful as Tina Turner movie What's Love Got To Do With It, which landed two Oscar nominations for Angela Bassett and Laurence Fishburne who played Tina and Ike Turner.'

Whitney, who was found dead in a bath in the Beverly Hilton, is said to have claimed that she was beaten up by the devil during drug binges.

Her former sister-in-law, Tina Brown, told the Daily Star Sunday: 'She was always convinced that demons were out to get her when she was high.'

Tina, who is the sister of Bobby Brown, added: 'On one occasion she told me she was staring at the face of the devil himself... but it was her reflection.'

She claimed that Whitney's legs were black and blue from self harming when high but she believed that Satan was responsible for the wounds.

Tina, who has served time in jail for drug possession, also claimed that Houston would call drug dealers to her home to prolong parties.

She told the newspaper: 'She’d cut open a cigar, take the tobacco out, put in marijuana and the whole piece of crack and puff away.'

Rihanna playing Whitney is wrong in every way!!!!

no one should play her,no one can! people need to just let her rest in peace & enjoy the legacy she left.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Feb 26th 2012, 10:43 AM
Post #370

QUOTE(jordinbsparks @ Feb 26th 2012, 10:42 AM) *

Rihanna playing Whitney is wrong in every way!!!!

no one should play her,no one can! people need to just let her rest in peace & enjoy the legacy she left.

i just changed the article to a more legit one i found as you were posting . tongue.gif i agree though i like Rihanna she is not at the same league as Whitney as a singer. unsure.gif it seems Whitney was behind the idea of them doing this film before she died and i would guess would still want them to continue. unsure.gif

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Feb 26th 2012, 11:18 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mygecko18
post Feb 26th 2012, 12:24 PM
Post #371

rihanna....no way, can vivica fox even sing? and I LOVE YOU JORDIN but I have to say if their really doing this thing Jennifer Hudson would be my pick to play Whitney based on her acting career and her performance at the Grammys this year

--------------------
twitter.com/1danielblack

myspace.com/danielblackofficial
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Feb 26th 2012, 5:21 PM
Post #372

QUOTE(Mygecko18 @ Feb 26th 2012, 12:24 PM) *

rihanna....no way, can vivica fox even sing? and I LOVE YOU JORDIN but I have to say if their really doing this thing Jennifer Hudson would be my pick to play Whitney based on her acting career and her performance at the Grammys this year

Whitney was so beautiful,her face were so sweet and Jennifer (to me) is not even pretty no.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Feb 26th 2012, 7:24 PM
Post #373

over a month for the trailer .

https://twitter.com/#!/DebraMChase

Debra Martin Chase ‏ @DebraMChase
@conconwhit the #Sparkle trailer will be out in april! B sure and let me know what u think of it.
7:55 PM - 25 Feb 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry®

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Feb 26th 2012, 7:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
muttiwhc
post Feb 26th 2012, 8:47 PM
Post #374

haha thats my tweet she was responding to......... i CANT wait a month!!!!!

so excited for this movie though

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mr.JordinSparks
post Feb 26th 2012, 10:29 PM
Post #375

Cannot waitttttttttttttt for the trailer. w00t.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
stonash7
post Feb 27th 2012, 4:09 AM
Post #376

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. artist ,michael jackson/mj fan

sorcerer.gif

--------------------
follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/idrag4mj check out my music blog please ! http://musicaloasis.net/ last fm http://www.last.fm/user/stonash7

IPB Image
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Feb 27th 2012, 7:54 AM
Post #377

QUOTE(muttiwhc @ Feb 26th 2012, 8:47 PM) *

haha thats my tweet she was responding to......... i CANT wait a month!!!!!

so excited for this movie though

someone at the Classic Whitney site is guessing that it might have been moved from March to April because the trailer might debut during the film "Think Like A Man" which was recently moved from March to April which like Sparkle has an all black cast and both films are distributed by Sony. the opening for that film is April 20th so that could be when it debuts . we will have to see if they are right.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Feb 27th 2012, 10:31 AM
Post #378

here is the updated release days including outside the US .

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1876451/releaseinfo

Release dates for
Sparkle (2012)
Country Date
USA 17 August 2012
France 12 September 2012
Spain 5 October 2012
UK 5 October 2012
Germany 11 October 2012
Sweden 2 November 2012
Belgium 5 December 2012
Brazil 7 December 2012

also hope Jordin is there next year as well. thumbsup.gif

https://twitter.com/#!/mdoolittle

Melinda Doolittle ‏ @mdoolittle
Can't wait to see @JordinSparks at The Academy Awards next year! Sparkle baby!!! ;-)
8:59 PM - 26 Feb 12 via TweetDeck

Jordin Sparks ‏ @JordinSparks
@mdoolittle awww thanks mama!
9:02 PM - 26 Feb 12 via Twittelator

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Feb 27th 2012, 11:36 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Feb 27th 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #379

interview with the one that plays Jordin's love interest in the video at the link talking about Whitney.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1680001/w...e-sparkle.jhtml

Feb 27 2012 12:17 PM EST 61
Whitney Houston Is 'Amazing' In 'Sparkle'
Co-star Derek Luke recalls singer's final film performance, a day before 2012 Oscars, at Independent Spirit Awards.

By Jocelyn Vena (@jocelyn1212) , with reporting with Josh Horowitz (@joshuahorowitz)

Moviegoers will get to see Whitney Houston's final film performance, in "Sparkle," when the film opens in August. Before the icon's tragic death two weeks ago, the movie was set to be Houston's big return to the silver screen, her first since 1996's "The Preacher's Wife."

A day before the Oscars, Houston's "Sparkle" co-star Derek Luke reflected on working with the singer when we caught up with him at the Independent Spirit Awards.

"The beautiful thing about being in 'Sparkle' is that we had something that was recorded that I can hold onto, and in that time, me and my wife and Whitney ... the other cast, we really bonded," he shared. "Whitney did an amazing job, so I can't wait for people to see it and there's no great way to go out, but what a performance she had."

"Sparkle" is a remake of the 1976 Irene Cara film about three talented young Harlem sisters whose musical aspirations are affected when one begins to struggle with drug addiction. The 2012 version features "American Idol" alum Jordin Sparks as the titular character and Houston, who also served as executive producer after acquiring the rights to the film more than a decade ago, as her mother, Emma.

While the film will mark Houston's final bow on the big screen, Luke noted that it's sure to have fans buzzing. "What a performance she had," he added. "And I think the world will be blessed."

A rep for Sony shared the movie studio's great sense of loss with MTV News shortly after her death over Grammy weekend: "Like all those who knew and loved her, we are shocked and saddened and the world has lost an incomparable talent. Right now our thoughts are with her daughter, her family and her friends."

The film's producer, Bishop T.D. Jakes, also expressed his sadness upon hearing the news. "We are deeply saddened by the tragic and untimely passing of Whitney Houston, whom we were blessed to have just completed work with on the remake of the film 'Sparkle,' " he said in a statement. "We ask the world to join us in lifting up Whitney's family in prayer and ask God for their strength and comfort during this devastatingly difficult time.

"At the apex of her career, Whitney had no peer, with a voice that shaped a generation. She has left behind a musical and film legacy that will endure. ... She will be sorely missed by us all."

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Feb 27th 2012, 12:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr.JordinSparks
post Feb 27th 2012, 3:14 PM
Post #380

I hope she's at the Oscars next year too. A nomination would be incredible.

--------------------
+Quote Post

58 Pages V « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 4:31 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol