Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 11/15/2011 Casey James - 2011 Guitar Jam in Asheville, NC, WKIS 99.9 Kiss Country benefit for Mission Children's Hospital
Boudica
post Nov 16th 2011, 1:24 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

QUOTE(ATXfansy @ Nov 16th 2011, 10:37 AM) *

^^^Agreed. Casey is sort of in a "be careful what you wish for" situation. All he ever wanted was to be able to play his music to good audiences and make a life for himself in the music industry. Now that he's doing it, he's needing to figure-out how to take care of himself and his music-making abilities with his limitations from his injury. Dude's smart and reasonable; I think he'll set reasonable goals and expectations for himself and have a career for many years to come. He's already done the hardest part: recovered & rehabbed from a near-death accident, prevailed on a national TV competition, landed a recording contract, and charted his first single.

Day-um! That's impressive. yes.gif

thumbsup.gif

Very well said! I do like the way Casey is working things out for himself. For a guy who didn't like technology for example and who was seeming staying clear of the more controlled environment in music industry, he is approaching things well. As he said in one of those CMA interviews, he sees the situation as very simular to where was previously, it is all about your relationships with people you deal with, and he is now just dealing with different people but the same still counts. I was impressed to hear him say that, he has or is adjusting himself to his situation in a way that is understandable to him. Many artists reach success but never really adjust well.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Nov 16th 2011, 1:24 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

HootsTheOwl
post Nov 16th 2011, 1:47 PM
Post #22

The Good Life

Are the lyrics different? I don't remember that 'painted toes, tangled hair, perfect walk that caught my stare' line. I need to go watch another performance of that song.

--------------------
+Quote Post
willow23
post Nov 16th 2011, 2:24 PM
Post #23

Fav. AI9: Casey James

QUOTE(ATXfansy @ Nov 16th 2011, 9:37 AM) *

^^^Agreed. Casey is sort of in a "be careful what you wish for" situation. All he ever wanted was to be able to play his music to good audiences and make a life for himself in the music industry. Now that he's doing it, he's needing to figure-out how to take care of himself and his music-making abilities with his limitations from his injury. Dude's smart and reasonable; I think he'll set reasonable goals and expectations for himself and have a career for many years to come. He's already done the hardest part: recovered & rehabbed from a near-death accident, prevailed on a national TV competition, landed a recording contract, and charted his first single.

Day-um! That's impressive. yes.gif

It surely is!

--------------------
+Quote Post
HootsTheOwl
post Nov 16th 2011, 4:37 PM
Post #24

Love The Way You Miss Me

Let's Don't Call It A Night

The Good Life

Drive (The crowd is going wild!!!)

Short interview clip

@gettinsweenered Sunny Sweeney
@caseyejames I had fun playin last night and listening to u rock out. However I'm not sure I'm ok that r hair is prettier than mine. Lol

This post has been edited by HootsTheOwl: Nov 16th 2011, 4:38 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Nov 16th 2011, 8:43 PM
Post #25

w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

Drive is f**** awesome!

QUOTE(HootsTheOwl @ Nov 16th 2011, 1:47 PM) *

The Good Life

Are the lyrics different? I don't remember that 'painted toes, tangled hair, perfect walk that caught my stare' line. I need to go watch another performance of that song.

He change the lyrics I heard it on the conference call from the other night, but I could hear what the lyrics was.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
HootsTheOwl
post Nov 16th 2011, 8:51 PM
Post #26

Yes!!! Drive was amazing!

Here are a couple of comments posted on the fan club facebook page under the Drive video:

"Ya'll it was INSANE good!! The video ended unfortunately before it showed how LONG the clapping and screaming for him went! They couldn't get enough! They were screaming "more! more!" He seemed completely overwhelmed and humbled by the response of the crowd! You might imagine what he said "you all are too kind" LOVE this man!"

"I got this on video too, he was amazing! I think ALL the other artists were in awe, they seemed be leaning forward and watching Casey down on the end, and they all seemed to have their jaws dropped!! He saved the best for last, the other songs were great of course, but he really showed his amazing talent with this performance! original.gif"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Nov 16th 2011, 9:00 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(HootsTheOwl @ Nov 16th 2011, 8:51 PM) *

Yes!!! Drive was amazing!

Here are a couple of comments posted on the fan club facebook page under the Drive video:

"Ya'll it was INSANE good!! The video ended unfortunately before it showed how LONG the clapping and screaming for him went! They couldn't get enough! They were screaming "more! more!" He seemed completely overwhelmed and humbled by the response of the crowd! You might imagine what he said "you all are too kind" LOVE this man!"

"I got this on video too, he was amazing! I think ALL the other artists were in awe, they seemed be leaning forward and watching Casey down on the end, and they all seemed to have their jaws dropped!! He saved the best for last, the other songs were great of course, but he really showed his amazing talent with this performance! original.gif"

Thanks, sounds like a great reaction!I love the look on Casey's face at the end he looks like he is in awe and humbled by the reaction. It is similar to when he did the duet with Bret Micheals.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
HootsTheOwl
post Nov 17th 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #28

Guitar Jam Finale

"Casey had already handed his guitar to David to put away when they decided to do "Family Tradition" as a finale. He looked a little lost without a guitar for a minute, kind of like that night on AI when they handed him the microphone to sing "Daughters." Someone let him borrow a guitar & he joined in."

--------------------
+Quote Post
HootsTheOwl
post Nov 17th 2011, 12:52 AM
Post #29

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

--------------------
+Quote Post
Boudica
post Nov 17th 2011, 4:29 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(HootsTheOwl @ Nov 17th 2011, 12:42 AM) *

Guitar Jam Finale

"Casey had already handed his guitar to David to put away when they decided to do "Family Tradition" as a finale. He looked a little lost without a guitar for a minute, kind of like that night on AI when they handed him the microphone to sing "Daughters." Someone let him borrow a guitar & he joined in."

I cant say that sounds good to my ears, no wonder Casey looks lost.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
captive_kitten
post Nov 17th 2011, 7:42 AM
Post #31

Fav. AI9: Casey James
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Colton D., Hollie C.

Drive sounded GREAT. Love it! always preferred the acoustic version of that song. This may sound strange, but I'd love Casey to try his hand at the sitar, cause that sounded very sitar-like. Cool.

Alas, couldn't make it to the show. Was working and flights to Ashville were ridiculously expensive. Ah well.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 30th 2014, 8:06 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol