Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Radio Show-From Boy Performer to Adult Artist with Angelina Kalahari, News
nikki11
post Sep 7th 2011, 7:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Our effervescent voice and music expert and friend, Angelina Kalahari will be our guest to talk about the changes Angelina has witnessed in Adam from his boyhood to the present. You’ve seen all the videos, let’s talk about them.

Adam Lambert- From Boy Performer to Adult Artist

September 7, 2011

10 to 11 pm EDT

Listen Live here http://onthemeaningofadamlambert.wordpress...elina-kalahari/

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 7th 2011, 7:17 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

MoreGlam
post Sep 7th 2011, 9:05 AM
Post #2

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(nikki11 @ Sep 7th 2011, 8:17 AM) *

Our effervescent voice and music expert and friend, Angelina Kalahari will be our guest to talk about the changes Angelina has witnessed in Adam from his boyhood to the present. You’ve seen all the videos, let’s talk about them.

Adam Lambert- From Boy Performer to Adult Artist

September 7, 2011

10 to 11 pm EDT

Listen Live here http://onthemeaningofadamlambert.wordpress...elina-kalahari/

Thanks for posting the link. I like her radio show a lot!

--------------------
+Quote Post
nikki11
post Sep 8th 2011, 3:41 AM
Post #3

Podcast of the show for those who missed it. http://onthemeaningofadamlambert.wordpress...elina-kalahari/

--------------------
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Sep 8th 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #4

This was great. Two hours long. Great discussion. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post Sep 8th 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ Sep 8th 2011, 11:11 PM) *

This was great. Two hours long. Great discussion. original.gif

Bringing this over from my post in the AudioMedia thread....
Did everyone hear opera singer and vocal coach, Angelina Kalahari, speak about Adam's unique vocal skills and improvisational artistry on this radio show last night. She will be doing an entire hour on her next radio show on 'Outlaws of Love", it's exceptional beauty and skill, yes.gif thumbsup.gif which has once again brought him to another level of vocational genius as he continues to grow and reinvent himself and his music...his gift to us all!wub.gif

Podcast of the show for those who missed it. http://onthemeaningofadamlambert.wordpress...elina-kalahari/

This post has been edited by barb4Adam: Sep 9th 2011, 11:59 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post Sep 10th 2011, 3:53 PM
Post #6

A wonderful resource for those who might not want to listen to the full 2 hours with excellent videos illustrating the points she is making about his exceptional vocal skills.....

For any who might have missed 'From Boy Performer to Adult Artist by Angelina Kalahari' http://wp.me/pIqKe-4ns
Do check out the entire transcript of her observations and comments during the radio show
http://adamquotedaily.blogspot.com/#uds-search-results

A painstaking transcript and of course her first hand reactions and insights into "Outlaws of Love" from the night of the concert...

"He also had a real surprise up his sleeve, his brand new song, “Outlaws of Love.
This song definitely needs an entire programme dedicated to it! And in fact, I’m in the process of recording it now – it will be available here on 15 September 2011
as well as on The Sound Bath’s YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/thesoundbath
When I first experienced it, I don’t mind telling you that I was almost howling with the pain of it and I couldn’t listen to it for ages afterwards without crying.

In fact, during the show in St Agathe, I couldn’t remember anything else he sang after this song – I knew “Whole lotta love” happened, because I so badly wanted to see it live, and I know it rained, because the canopy sagged with the weight of the water and buckets of the stuff came crashing down on us, nearly drowning us, but that’s about it – I had to reconstruct what happened after “Outlaws of Love” afterwards.
Again, this song is written in a minor key, which works so magnificently with Adam’s voice, and it’s one of the reasons why the melody feels so sad and painful, quite apart from the lyrics. And what lyrics they are, right?!
Here we can hear clearly how far Adam has traveled vocally (and of course, lyrically) from the songs he sang on the first album.
He also uses his voice in a different way here – there’s almost a kind of crying and sobbing that happens – unusually so on some of the consonants and I get a feeling that it’s deliberate, because it’s not on all of them. What is remarkable is that his voice is so totally forward in his mask on this song, which is one of the reasons that the sound travels so perfectly to our ears and into our bodies.
I could go on, but I guess it’s time to finish. But if this is an example of the caliber of music on the second album, I’m already in ecstasy! heart.gif

Lastly, I want to say, that whilst for me, Adam became an artist during Idol, it’s only recently, and specifically during the Behind The Music programme, that I heard him refer to himself constantly as an artist – and my heart clapped hands! heart.gif huggy.gif wub.gif
I can’t wait for the next phase in his development – because as impossible as it may seem, I just know there’s more to come!

This post has been edited by barb4Adam: Sep 10th 2011, 3:54 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Sep 10th 2011, 4:14 PM
Post #7

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(barb4Adam @ Sep 10th 2011, 4:53 PM) *

A wonderful resource for those who might not want to listen to the full 2 hours with excellent videos illustrating the points she is making about his exceptional vocal skills.....

For any who might have missed 'From Boy Performer to Adult Artist by Angelina Kalahari' http://wp.me/pIqKe-4ns
Do check out the entire transcript of her observations and comments during the radio show
http://adamquotedaily.blogspot.com/#uds-search-results

A painstaking transcript and of course her first hand reactions and insights into "Outlaws of Love" from the night of the concert...

"He also had a real surprise up his sleeve, his brand new song, “Outlaws of Love.
This song definitely needs an entire programme dedicated to it! And in fact, I’m in the process of recording it now – it will be available here on 15 September 2011
as well as on The Sound Bath’s YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/thesoundbath
When I first experienced it, I don’t mind telling you that I was almost howling with the pain of it and I couldn’t listen to it for ages afterwards without crying.

In fact, during the show in St Agathe, I couldn’t remember anything else he sang after this song – I knew “Whole lotta love” happened, because I so badly wanted to see it live, and I know it rained, because the canopy sagged with the weight of the water and buckets of the stuff came crashing down on us, nearly drowning us, but that’s about it – I had to reconstruct what happened after “Outlaws of Love” afterwards.
Again, this song is written in a minor key, which works so magnificently with Adam’s voice, and it’s one of the reasons why the melody feels so sad and painful, quite apart from the lyrics. And what lyrics they are, right?!
Here we can hear clearly how far Adam has traveled vocally (and of course, lyrically) from the songs he sang on the first album.
He also uses his voice in a different way here – there’s almost a kind of crying and sobbing that happens – unusually so on some of the consonants and I get a feeling that it’s deliberate, because it’s not on all of them. What is remarkable is that his voice is so totally forward in his mask on this song, which is one of the reasons that the sound travels so perfectly to our ears and into our bodies.
I could go on, but I guess it’s time to finish. But if this is an example of the caliber of music on the second album, I’m already in ecstasy! heart.gif

Lastly, I want to say, that whilst for me, Adam became an artist during Idol, it’s only recently, and specifically during the Behind The Music programme, that I heard him refer to himself constantly as an artist – and my heart clapped hands! heart.gif huggy.gif wub.gif
I can’t wait for the next phase in his development – because as impossible as it may seem, I just know there’s more to come!

It is so interesting listening to someone who really is knowledeable of.....voice.....and....appreciates Adam's wub.gif
His voice is the most tender soulful sound .....I have ever heard ....my heart claps for him too wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Sep 10th 2011, 5:07 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Sep 10th 2011, 4:14 PM) *

It is so interesting listening to someone who really is knowledeable of.....voice.....and....appreciates Adam's wub.gif
His voice is the most tender soulful sound .....I have ever heard ....my heart claps for him too wub.gif

I love your choice of words wub.gif .

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Sep 10th 2011, 5:38 PM
Post #9

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ Sep 10th 2011, 6:07 PM) *

I love your choice of words wub.gif .

Thanks...I was referring to Angelina Kalahari in the above post^^^^^ where she said .....'my heart clapped hands"

Love to listen to her speak of Adam....I am listening to her right now......love this show wub.gif
They really...'get'.....Adam wub.gif He is so tallented.....can't wait for more Adam music wub.gif

This post has been edited by Love2Lurk: Sep 10th 2011, 5:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Sep 10th 2011, 6:21 PM
Post #10

Fav. Adam Lambert

“Outlaws of Love"....show by Angelina Kalahari
This song definitely needs an entire programme dedicated to it! And in fact, I’m in the process of recording it now – it will be available here on 15 September 2011 as well as on The Sound Bath’s YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/thesoundbath

Guys we need to remember to listen to this show^^^^^ on OLL.....should be very interesting wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Sep 10th 2011, 6:36 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Sep 10th 2011, 6:21 PM) *

This song definitely needs an entire programme dedicated to it! And in fact, I’m in the process of recording it now – it will be available here on 15 September 2011 as well as on The Sound Bath’s YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/thesoundbath

Guys we need to remember to listen to this show^^^^^ on OLL.....should be very interesting wub.gif

Yeah! She mentioned that she would be doing one. So happy to hear it will be available next week.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post Sep 15th 2011, 7:44 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Sep 10th 2011, 7:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ Sep 10th 2011, 7:36 PM) *

Yeah! She mentioned that she would be doing one. So happy to hear it will be available next week.

Adam Lambert’s “Outlaws of Love”
The Sound Bath
If you have ever thought about the sounds, colours and shapes in music and words, then this is the place for you.
Posted on September 15, 2011 by soundbath

"Of course his fans, including me, love to hear Adam’s exquisite voice like this – with minimal accompaniment – almost a cappella –
because of course, his voice itself IS music wub.gif

mp3 only – full programme (2 hours)

Today I want to talk about Grammy Nominated singer/song-writer Adam Lambert’s song, “Outlaws of Love.”

The song was premiered at his show in Canada in July 2011, and he said that it’s a definite for his second, eagerly-awaited, album, due out early in 2012.

I was lucky enough to be at the show at St Agathe, and to hear the song sung live for the first time. The initial impact of this seemingly simple song, hit me extraordinarily powerfully on every level, but mostly physically – at least first of all. And I found myself nearly howling from the pain of it. It’s been difficult, ever since, for me to listen to the song without becoming somewhat emotional.

Adam’s “Outlaws of Love” is a deeply overwhelming song. So overwhelming, in fact, that after his performance of it, I couldn’t really remember what else he’d sung and later had to reconstruct the end of the show from YouTube videos posted by fans.

The only thing I do remember is that because of the torrents of rain that suddenly appeared, the canopy above the stage sagged with the weight of it, and as I was standing right in front of the stage and directly underneath the canopy, buckets and buckets of water came crashing down on me. It came down so fast, I felt I couldn’t breathe and was in danger of drowning because there was no getting out from under it and away from it. But once I’d allowed myself to relax and not to panic, it felt like a waterfall of Adam’s love. It reminded me of the waterfall pictures I use on the YouTube videos of my programmes and I knew then that I simply had to make a programme about this special song.

But you have been warned, so be prepared with a tissue or two – you’re going to need it.

There are several reasons why I think this is a very important song.

The first reason is because the lyrics deal with a subject matter almost never attempted in song-writing, and certainly never in this way in which we, the listeners, are being told what it feels like to be “Outlaws of Love.”

As a professional singer myself, I am naturally very interested in lyrics, but I am not an expert in analyzing them – I’ll leave that to Dr Philippa Semper for later in the programme.

Equally, although I find the melody haunting, beautiful, and perfectly and poignantly working with the lyrics, beyond acknowledging that the song was written using the Pentatonic scale, I will leave the more in-depth discussion of what the music is actually doing, to Elizabeth Dockrell-Tyler, to cast her expert eye over.

Secondly, I feel this song will change the way non-fans perceive Adam Lambert – not only the over-the-top, make-up wearing, campy, sexy singer with the great voice, they must now learn to appreciate, too, the serious artist, as his fans has known him to be, from the beginning.

And thirdly, this song is a departure from anything Adam has sung before, and shows how far he has come in his artistic development and song-writing skills. This song is truly a piece of art.........

Read more and listen......
http://soundbath.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/...-love%E2%80%9D/

This post has been edited by barb4Adam: Sep 15th 2011, 8:56 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 9:31 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol