Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bucky Covington would like you to know he is not a thieving little weasel
stuart
post Aug 1st 2011, 8:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

This story is so fishy it almost makes me crave fish sticks.

As I told you a few days ago, Bucky Covington was recently accused of stealing from an ailing concert promoter while in town to perform during a 4th of July celebration.

Bucky came to Ormond Beach, Florida to perform on June 30th, but before he could even plug in his microphone, promoter William Fuller cried chest pain and was whisked off the hospital in an ambulance.

That's when he says Bucky, Bucky's twin brother, and his brother's wife got sticky fingers and swiped a bunch of money out of a cash box. Not only that, he says the Covington gang got really brazen and sat at the front gate and sold tickets to the concert and then pocketed that cash too.

Bucky, of course, says that's not what happened at all. He tells the Daytona Beach News Journal that this is just a gig that went bad and he's the one who is actually out a bunch of cash.

"It's absolutely and completely false," Covington said. "The promoter (Fuller) didn't have his fingers together. He did not pay people. I didn't get paid."

On top of not getting paid, Bucky says it actually cost him $2500 to get his bus from his home in Tennessee to the Florida charity show.

The theft is still under investigation, but Bucky says he is considering a little legal action of his own and is considering filing suit against the promoter.

You know, it's rough out there for a country music artist trying to make a living when they're not the Taylor Swifts and Kenny Chesneys of the world, but who else has a hard time believing that any country music artist would risk their reputation by stealing a measly $1500? And from a charity gig to boot? The money raised was supposed to be donated to Joplin, Missouri.

Like I said, fish sticks are sounding mighty good for lunch today.

http://www.nashvillegab.com/2011/07/bucky-...tle-weasel.html

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Aug 1st 2011, 8:48 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 16th 2014, 6:28 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol