Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TV commercials thread
poopooface
post Jul 28th 2011, 9:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

This is a thread to discuss TV commercials. Why discuss TV commericals? I don't know. I think I might be going crazy. I'm currently obsessed with this one old navy commercial:

This shiz is stuck in my head in constant loop right now. I think I know all the lyrics to this commercial. I don't even know the lyrics to my favorite songs but I know the lyrics to this damn commercial. Why? What is wrong with me? I think it's the mom. That is the hottest MILF I've ever seen on a tv commercial. That women seriously crapped out three kids, one of which seems to be in middle school? If I ever get married and have three kids, I want to do it with a woman like that. I don't care if she and the kids sing about their old navy clothes all day long. It'll be totally worth it.

Anyways, I just had to get that out of my chest. Thanks for reading. Feel free to use this thread to talk about old spice guy or "whazzuuuuuuuuuuuuup" or whatever kind of commercials you want to talk about! (although I suspect this thread'll be dead on arrival. I mean it is a thread about tv commercials after all, lol)

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 28th 2011, 9:52 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

poopooface
post Aug 7th 2011, 9:53 PM
Post #2

Sorry to be bumping this thread, but I need get my new commercial obsession of my chest.

There are other versions of the same ad. If you watch as much TV as I do, I'm sure you've seen them. Wow. I don't even know why I'm obsessed with this one. Actually, I do. It's the girl, once again. Does the kindle come with that girl? If I thought the kindle could make hot but slightly bitchy and proud girls to talk to me, and then get tamed by the power of the kindle, I would totally buy that ish. I don't even read that much, and I definitely don't buy books. I would just walk around taming hot booknerds wih my kindle powers. Anyways, sorry again for bumping this thread.

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Sep 10th 2011, 5:13 PM
Post #3

lol, sorry, but I'm going to be bumping this thread again cause I really need to talk about this commercial:

LOL, how great is this?! I saw a shortened version of this commercial a lot this summer but the full version is so much better. It took me a while to actually understand what this commercial was trying to sell. I was too spellbound by the concept of hip-hop hamsters to comprehend what they were talking about. It turns out they are asking us if we wanted to get with "This" (KIA) or "That" (awesome hamster rides, including a toaster, a washing machine, and a cardboard car wub.gif wub.gif ). I dunno, if I were a hamster, I'd probly wanna ride the toaster myself. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Sep 26th 2011, 9:30 PM
Post #4

I can't find a youtube vid for this commercial but here is a link:
Talbots commercial
I'm really into this commercial! This time it's not about the girl! Well, the girl is pretty fine so maybe it's half about the girl. But really I think it's the song. This song is throw. The vibe of this song is so different from the noisiness of most commercials that easily attracts my attention. Hot girl doesn't hurt too. I have no idea what Talbots sells (I'm guessing something for women? clothes? totebags?) so maybe it's a fail commercial in that respect but I'm guessing whatever they sell is more about branding than function anyway so I give it an A+ (even though I'll probably never buy whatever they're selling)!

oh, and sorry for bumping this thread yet again.

--------------------
+Quote Post
IHeartMyCat
post Sep 27th 2011, 12:00 PM
Post #5

Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta

I love the new Aflac commerical lol

--------------------
credit: lj//sanhaleyfan forever
cause everyone else links theirs
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Sep 27th 2011, 10:08 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(IHeartMyCat @ Sep 27th 2011, 1:00 PM) *

I love the new Aflac commerical lol

PAYZ THE DOCTAHZ, BUUUOOOOOYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

lol, I hate that pigeon so much.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mysteriosa
post Sep 28th 2011, 4:25 PM
Post #7

Fav. CI4: Craig Sharpe
Fav. FI3: Ari Koivunen/Anna Abreu

QUOTE(poopooface @ Sep 10th 2011, 4:13 PM) *

lol, sorry, but I'm going to be bumping this thread again cause I really need to talk about this commercial:

LOL, how great is this?! I saw a shortened version of this commercial a lot this summer but the full version is so much better. It took me a while to actually understand what this commercial was trying to sell. I was too spellbound by the concept of hip-hop hamsters to comprehend what they were talking about. It turns out they are asking us if we wanted to get with "This" (KIA) or "That" (awesome hamster rides, including a toaster, a washing machine, and a cardboard car wub.gif wub.gif ). I dunno, if I were a hamster, I'd probly wanna ride the toaster myself. XD

omg.gif I've never seen this. That is so weird. It's true, you're so mesmerized by the hamsters, it's like, what car? Really good animation though. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Oct 3rd 2011, 9:09 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Mysteriosa @ Sep 28th 2011, 5:25 PM) *

omg.gif I've never seen this. That is so weird. It's true, you're so mesmerized by the hamsters, it's like, what car? Really good animation though. tongue.gif

They have another one:

grin.gif
I like the first one better (more going on in that one) but this has the same surreal quality.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mysteriosa
post Oct 5th 2011, 6:03 PM
Post #9

Fav. CI4: Craig Sharpe
Fav. FI3: Ari Koivunen/Anna Abreu

QUOTE(poopooface @ Oct 3rd 2011, 8:09 PM) *

They have another one:

grin.gif
I like the first one better (more going on in that one) but this has the same surreal quality.

Well it doesn't have the toaster. tongue.gif

Actually it's kind of clever though, like they're driving through an ad for one of those computer games. Still really weird to see big gangsta hamsters. laughing.gif

I'm still a fan of the Bridgestone beaver, even if he doesn't dance.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lorenzostpierre
post Oct 11th 2011, 1:50 PM
Post #10

According to me,Some of the best advertisements in recent years have been from Pepsi....Television commercial breaks allow us enough time for a beverage or bathroom break.I love to watch!

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Oct 13th 2011, 7:07 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Mysteriosa @ Oct 5th 2011, 7:03 PM) *

Well it doesn't have the toaster. tongue.gif

Actually it's kind of clever though, like they're driving through an ad for one of those computer games. Still really weird to see big gangsta hamsters. laughing.gif

I'm still a fan of the Bridgestone beaver, even if he doesn't dance.

Bridgestone seems to be game for using animals to sell their tires:

lol, I think I like the human screamer best.

QUOTE(lorenzostpierre @ Oct 11th 2011, 2:50 PM) *

According to me,Some of the best advertisements in recent years have been from Pepsi....Television commercial breaks allow us enough time for a beverage or bathroom break.I love to watch!

I prefer coke commericals bleh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Oct 24th 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #12

Nothing beats a commercial with a catchy song and surreal images (see Kia commercial above) so I present this short masterpiece to you all:

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Oct 28th 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #13

I said in a post above that I prefer coke commercials but this pepsi/x-factor commercial is growing on me (at least the shorter version more commonly seen on TV anyway):

It really taps in on the nostalgia. Britney Spears is probably my least favorite artist featured but my favorite part of this ad due to the nostalgia factor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
JORDAN_FAN
post Oct 31st 2011, 9:36 AM
Post #14

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Archuleta
Fav. AJ:JordanMcCoy AI3:JohnStevens

This is still my all-time favorite commercial. Definitely not as funny now as it was a few years ago. I remember my brother, his friend, and I basically dying at this commercial. lmao.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Nov 1st 2011, 7:22 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(JORDAN_FAN @ Oct 31st 2011, 10:36 AM) *

This is still my all-time favorite commercial. Definitely not as funny now as it was a few years ago. I remember my brother, his friend, and I basically dying at this commercial. lmao.gif

Skittles gets mad props for daring to use surreal scenarios for its commercial, but they often come off more as more weird than funny to me. They should just hire this chick to do their commercials.

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Nov 2nd 2011, 9:30 PM
Post #16

Apparently, there is a thing where people vote for the worst commercials (as well as other "worst" categories as well):
Poop, There It Is! Luvs' Scatological Showdown Voted Worst Ad In America For 2011

The commercial that won really is amazing:

I can't believe the major medical pigeon didn't get first place for most annoying animated actor though.

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Nov 3rd 2011, 2:09 PM
Post #17

Keep them coming!

I love them!

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Nov 6th 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #18

Apparently TBS has a website devoted to ads (http://www.veryfunnyads.com/) that has picked out the "funniest" ads of 2011. Ofcourse, none of them are half as funny as "Poop, there it is." I was tempted to vote for my beloved hip-hop hamsters but since thy chose the weaker ad with the halo theme I voted for this one:

--------------------
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Nov 6th 2011, 3:55 PM
Post #19

lol, I'd love to wake up married to George Clooney!

And I'm not straight.

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Nov 6th 2011, 5:28 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(druth8x @ Nov 6th 2011, 4:55 PM) *

lol, I'd love to wake up married to George Clooney!
And I'm not straight.

haha, you must be kinda straight if you're into the clooney.

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 31st 2014, 1:36 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol