Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Discussion on the importance of band and dancers, How are they perceived?
♥JM♥
post Jul 28th 2011, 8:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

I'm a newbie to this fandom.

One thing I've noticed is how this fandom pays attention to Adam's band and dancers.

Now: For me: I've never watched AI, only random episodes here and there and I didn't watch it when Adam was there.(I think there's an overdoze of those reality shows anyway. thumbdown.gif )I knew Adam Lambert when WWFM became a hit but never really paid attention until recently.

Now that I've found Adam, to me, he is a solo artist.I don't care who plays for his concerts or who his dancers are.As long as they do their jobs and are good in what they do, they could be anybody.

For me: dancers and the band could be replaced whenever needed.Only Adam can't.because he is what carries the show and he is THE STAR.

Hell, I've been fan of Madonna's for 25 years and I never knew Monte plays for Madonna too!(Until I read it here.)Nobody goes to Madonna concert for the band or for the dancers.

I get that his band and his dancers are his (Adam's) friends.And one of the things I love about Adam is how loyal he is to his friends and how much he values them.But to me, as a fan, when it comes to Adam's concert: His band makes awesome music and dancers make a nice show but it's Adam who carries the whole thing (I said it again,I know.)

He could audition his whole band and dancers, and replace them all for the next tour and I wouldn't really care.Adam is there so it's all good for me.

I was little surprised when getting to know this fandom that there was/is so much talk about this and that band member/dancer and I had hard time to even remember their names.

I'm curious.Is there anyone that gets what I'm talking about?I know there's propably plenty who don't agree with me and ofcourse that's fine, too.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 28th 2011, 8:49 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

grammamia
post Jul 28th 2011, 8:57 AM
Post #2

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. CI5: Jaydee Bixby

I get you..I know that many love everything connected to Adam and he has surrounded himself with his friends (because he is very loyal ) but if they weren't right for him and his vision they wouldn't be there!

Can't wait for the new Album and his vision for the next tour! Hopefully I can at last rid myself of my "never seeing Adam live" virginity!!

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. -Thomas Jefferson

"Civil disobedience becomes a sacred duty when the State becomes lawless or, which is the same thing, corrupt. Mohandas Gandhi
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jul 28th 2011, 8:59 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(♥JM♥ @ Jul 28th 2011, 9:49 AM) *

I'm a newbie to this fandom.

One thing I've noticed is how this fandom pays attention to Adam's band and dancers.

Now: For me: I've never watched AI, only random episodes here and there and I didn't watch it when Adam was there.(I think there's an overdoze of those reality shows anyway. thumbdown.gif )I knew Adam Lambert when WWFM became a hit but never really paid attention until recently.

Now that I've found Adam, to me, he is a solo artist.I don't care who plays for his concerts or who his dancers are.As long as they do their jobs and are good in what they do, they could be anybody.

For me: dancers and the band could be replaced whenever needed.Only Adam can't.because he is what carries the show and he is THE STAR.

Hell, I've been fan of Madonna's for 25 years and I never knew Monte plays for Madonna too!(Until I read it here.)Nobody goes to Madonna concert for the band or for the dancers.

I get that his band and his dancers are his (Adam's) friends.And one of the things I love about Adam is how loyal he is to his friends and how much he values them.But to me, as a fan, when it comes to Adam's concert: His band makes awesome music and dancers make a nice show but it's Adam who carries the whole thing (I said it again,I know.)

He could audition his whole band and dancers, and replace them all for the next tour and I wouldn't really care.Adam is there so it's all good for me.

I was little surprised when getting to know this fandom that there was/is so much talk about this and that band member/dancer and I had hard time to even remember their names.

I'm curious.Is there anyone that gets what I'm talking about?I know there's propably plenty who don't agree with me and ofcourse that's fine, too.

I agree about the principle of your post... However, BECAUSE Adam is so loyal to his friends and fellow artists, we as his Glamily kind of embrace them as well.

When the dancers first appeared on the scene during his promotional tour at the beginning of 2010, a lot of us didn't "get them" or what their "purpose" was. As time went on, we got to "know" them a little better and slowly embraced them... Same goes with the band members. I don't believe any of us had ever heard of Tommy, Longineu, Monte, etc... but like when your family member gets married, you get to know his wife/her husband's family and slowly you create a bond with "some of them".

I can understand that being relatively new, all these names/persons all mesh into one another. I remember when the dancers came on the scene, I couldn't keep the names straight either... and there were only 4 of them.

Stick around, when Adam tours next year, whoever he has on stage with him will become familiar to you and you will either embrace them or not, either way is fine.

And, lastly, I TOTALLY AGREE with you that Adam is what draws me in. The band, the dancers can come and go, but Adam will always be front and center for me as well.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
bellann
post Jul 28th 2011, 9:01 AM
Post #4

Fav. Adam Lambert

thumbsup.gif agree.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jul 28th 2011, 9:07 AM
Post #5

Fav. Steven Tyler

As far as dancers are concerned, I mostly don't pay that much attention although I love Terrance and think he should continue with Adam. I do think Adam needs very good musicians as does any artist. A crappy band can hurt a performer. If Adam can find friends who are also fine musicians, I'm all for it. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jul 28th 2011, 9:15 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

JM: I changed the title of your thread to make it less "inflammatory".

grin.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
♥JM♥
post Jul 28th 2011, 9:25 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jul 28th 2011, 8:59 AM) *

I agree about the principle of your post... However, BECAUSE Adam is so loyal to his friends and fellow artists, we as his Glamily kind of embrace them as well.

When the dancers first appeared on the scene during his promotional tour at the beginning of 2010, a lot of us didn't "get them" or what their "purpose" was. As time went on, we got to "know" them a little better and slowly embraced them... Same goes with the band members. I don't believe any of us had ever heard of Tommy, Longineu, Monte, etc... but like when your family member gets married, you get to know his wife/her husband's family and slowly you create a bond with "some of them".

I can understand that being relatively new, all these names/persons all mesh into one another. I remember when the dancers came on the scene, I couldn't keep the names straight either... and there were only 4 of them.

Stick around, when Adam tours next year, whoever he has on stage with him will become familiar to you and you will either embrace them or not, either way is fine.

And, lastly, I TOTALLY AGREE with you that Adam is what draws me in. The band, the dancers can come and go, but Adam will always be front and center for me as well.

Madam: I understand your POV and appreciate it.But...but...but I'm busy finding all the things about Adam.I don't think I can be bothered with the same investing to whoever is in his band or who dances to him.

I'm still with Madonna.She has new dancers in her tours, as she auditions them.She has had all kinds of world famous dancers with her and I haven't "bonded" with them and I sure as hell never "bonded" with Monte! haha.gif No matter how good guitarist he obviously is.I don't even know her band members except for Monte now, thanks to this fandom. I don't think it's going to happen with Adam's band either.I'm sure Adam all by himself can keep me entertained enough.So far it looks promising! thumbsup.gif

There are tons of good players and dancers in the world, dying to get to perform to the stage.I guess Adam's friends are lucky that he is so loyal to them.And I've thought about it too.It can be good and the bad thing that they're friends.Should Adam ever replace them or someone of them I wonder how the friendship would hold.But I must believe that they're professionals and not to take business decisions personally.And it can go both ways:As Adam said each of them has their own contract and it's not sure if they even available for him when needed.

Who changed the subject title? huh.gif I liked mine.I tried to be little provocative with it to get the discussion going. wink.gif

madam: OK! but...but...but....I make no problems... only love. grin.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ♥JM♥: Jul 28th 2011, 9:29 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jul 28th 2011, 9:42 AM
Post #8

Fav. Steven Tyler

You are not required to be invested in the band/dancers. That's fine.

BTW, his friends are lucky to have him as a loyal friend but he's extremely lucky to have such good friends too.

This post has been edited by Silvia: Jul 28th 2011, 9:43 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Little Bee
post Jul 28th 2011, 9:45 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 28th 2011, 3:42 PM) *

BTW, his friends are lucky to have him as a loyal friend but he's extremely lucky to have such good friends too.

Totally agree with you Silvia.

It is also nice for him on long tours to have friends with him that he knows he can trust. Friends that have been through good and bad days with him. They form a great support network for him.

--------------------
@KI55andTELL
+Quote Post
♥JM♥
post Jul 28th 2011, 9:52 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 28th 2011, 9:42 AM) *

I know that Silvia.I'm not required to be invested in anything I have no interest, that's natural.Just expressing my POVs about this as I don't know if this has been discussed before.I realize it can be touchy subject to some people for whatever reasons and I want to make clear that my posts are not meant to take as a negative way about any of his band members, they all seem cool anyway.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jul 28th 2011, 9:55 AM
Post #11

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(♥JM♥ @ Jul 28th 2011, 9:52 AM) *

I know that Silvia.I'm not required to be invested in anything I have no interest, that's natural.Just expressing my POVs about this as I don't know if this has been discussed before.I realize it can be touchy subject to some people for whatever reasons and I want to make clear that my posts are not meant to take as a negative way about any of his band members, they all seem cool anyway.

We're cool huggy.gif I find the investment in some band members and ppl surrounding Adam a bit "perplexing" haha.gif but to each their own. I stay out of it most of he time fear.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jul 28th 2011, 10:04 AM
Post #12

Fav. Adam Lambert

I can see where you are coming from JM heart.gif I think, the way Adam would interact with his dancers and band; is what drew the fans into their relationships. And, currently artists, like Adam, use twitter/fan boards to create an even deeper relationship with the fans, band members, dancers and the media. It is very different now than it once was. On the GNT, Adam was very provocative with his on stage Glamily and the fans loved it. I will say, I thought the on stage Glamily chemistry was more subdued in the Moscow concert. I am expecting many changes in the band, dancers and possibly some added 'back up' singers on the next Adam tour....JMO wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
sandyrk
post Jul 28th 2011, 10:13 AM
Post #13

Group: NX Subscribers

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 28th 2011, 7:55 AM) *

We're cool huggy.gif I find the investment in some band members and ppl surrounding Adam a bit "perplexing" haha.gif but to each their own. I stay out of it most of he time fear.gif

I follow Monte and I follow Cassidy. They're a lot of fun, and their venues are quite small, so it's a way to have a more intimate experience with many of the same glamily, which is very enjoyable to me. When I'm there, I'm not thinking about Adam, I'm enjoying additional musicians. Why is that hard to understand? It's just another way to enjoy music. What strikes you as perplexing about it, Silvia?

--------------------
+Quote Post
♥JM♥
post Jul 28th 2011, 10:18 AM
Post #14

Love2Lurk: heart.gif

....And I especially liked GNT at the end when he introduced his band and dancers and they got to show their thing each individually, and how Adam appreciated them.Shoot! Should anything change I've just gotten to know on some level GNT members and then I should know all new members again. haha.gif haha.gif

I liked the Moscow show.It focused on Adam and his singing and it was simple yet AWESOME.

But I do like a good show too, all theatre, visuals, story, just like GNT was.But I do think that time has changed and Adam has moved on and I get the feeling from him he likes moving on.But as I like show-Adam and simply Adam, it's all good, Im not too picky about how he puts it out there, I'm pretty sure I'll appreciate it anyway.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Jul 28th 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(♥JM♥ @ Jul 28th 2011, 10:25 AM) *

Madam: I understand your POV and appreciate it.But...but...but I'm busy finding all the things about Adam.I don't think I can be bothered with the same investing to whoever is in his band or who dances to him.

I'm still with Madonna.She has new dancers in her tours, as she auditions them.She has had all kinds of world famous dancers with her and I haven't "bonded" with them and I sure as hell never "bonded" with Monte! haha.gif No matter how good guitarist he obviously is.I don't even know her band members except for Monte now, thanks to this fandom. I don't think it's going to happen with Adam's band either.I'm sure Adam all by himself can keep me entertained enough.So far it looks promising! thumbsup.gif

There are tons of good players and dancers in the world, dying to get to perform to the stage.I guess Adam's friends are lucky that he is so loyal to them.And I've thought about it too.It can be good and the bad thing that they're friends.Should Adam ever replace them or someone of them I wonder how the friendship would hold.But I must believe that they're professionals and not to take business decisions personally.And it can go both ways:As Adam said each of them has their own contract and it's not sure if they even available for him when needed.

Who changed the subject title? huh.gif I liked mine.I tried to be little provocative with it to get the discussion going. wink.gif

madam: OK! but...but...but....I make no problems... only love. grin.gif tongue.gif

I'm curious...do you spend hours every week watching videos of Madonna's concerts, interviews...do you follow her around the world on tour...do you spend time on fan forums discussing her. I ask because I think that's why many of Adam's fans became invested in the dancers/band. Many of us have seen the videos from every show, we've watched/read every interview, we've travelled around the world to see the show, we spend hours on fan forums discussing him. I think that much involvement is what makes fans feel an attachment to the dancers and band.

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Jul 28th 2011, 11:04 AM) *

I can see where you are coming from JM heart.gif I think, the way Adam would interact with his dancers and band; is what drew the fans into their relationships. And, currently artists, like Adam, use twitter/fan boards to create an even deeper relationship with the fans, band members, dancers and the media. It is very different now than it once was. On the GNT, Adam was very provocative with his on stage Glamily and the fans loved it. I will say, I thought the on stage Glamily chemistry was more subdued in the Moscow concert. I am expecting many changes in the band, dancers and possibly some added 'back up' singers on the next Adam tour....JMO wub.gif

Oh, I'm expecting changes too....or I guess I should say I'm hoping for it. At the beginning I wasn't really excited about the idea of dancers - I thought they would take too much attention away from Adam and be distracting. Yep...sure, like that's a possibility. haha.gif Anyway, I ended up enjoying the dancers (especially Sasha and Terrance) and love the friendships between Adam and the band/dancers. I especially like the long time connection he has with Monte.

But.....I really wouldn't care who the band members are and I hope the next tour doesn't even have dancers. By the time the tour wrapped up I wasn't even watching any of the videos from the shows except for the encores. The encores were the only spontaneous moments of the night. I was kind of tired of all the choreography. It wasn't as much fun by the end...walk down the steps, kiss Tommy, put leg up here, go over here, put on coat, take cane, walk up stairs.... It's really not fun when you know what's going to happen next.

I'm hoping for more of a concert instead of a show - encore moments all night --- just the band, maybe some back ground singers and Adam and that voice. He doesn't need to be choreographed to know how to move - what he does naturally is far sexier than any choreographed move. I'm hoping for more of a Moscow/Kradison/Gridlock vibe. Wow! I'm asking for alot aren't I? haha.gif That's sounds terrible. I really do love him no matter what he's doing on stage.

I'm a fan for life and will be here for whatever he does with whoever is on stage. I'll still be sitting here every night of the tour waiting for news, pics and videos and hopefully getting to see him live more than once. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jul 28th 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #16

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(♥JM♥ @ Jul 28th 2011, 11:18 AM) *

Love2Lurk: heart.gif

....And I especially liked GNT at the end when he introduced his band and dancers and they got to show their thing each individually, and how Adam appreciated them.Shoot! Should anything change I've just gotten to know on some level GNT members and then I should know all new members again. haha.gif haha.gif

I liked the Moscow show.It focused on Adam and his singing and it was simple yet AWESOME.

But I do like a good show too, all theatre, visuals, story, just like GNT was.But I do think that time has changed and Adam has moved on and I get the feeling from him he likes moving on.But as I like show-Adam and simply Adam, it's all good, Im not too picky about how he puts it out there, I'm pretty sure I'll appreciate it anyway.

Loved GNT and thought the Moscow show was awesome too wub.gif ....just different. Agreed, that time has changed Adam and he is in a different place now than then. He seems to like changing things up and I am sure we will get many new and wonderful suprises on the next tour.......can't wait yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jul 28th 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #17

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(sandyrk @ Jul 28th 2011, 10:13 AM) *

I follow Monte and I follow Cassidy. They're a lot of fun, and their venues are quite small, so it's a way to have a more intimate experience with many of the same glamily, which is very enjoyable to me. When I'm there, I'm not thinking about Adam, I'm enjoying additional musicians. Why is that hard to understand? It's just another way to enjoy music. What strikes you as perplexing about it, Silvia?

Hmmm, that's not what I meant. I know perfectly well that many of Adam's friends are artists themselves, were artists before Adam met them and are pursuing their own artistic career which is as legitimate as Adam pursuing his own. Nothing wrong with being introduced to them through Adam and endorsing them. Let's leave it at that wink.gif flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
sandyrk
post Jul 28th 2011, 10:40 AM
Post #18

Group: NX Subscribers

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 28th 2011, 8:38 AM) *

Hmmm, that's not what I meant. I know perfectly well that many of Adam's friends are artists themselves, were artists before Adam met them and are pursuing their own artistic career which is as legitimate as Adam pursuing his own. Nothing wrong with being introduced to them through Adam and endorsing them. Let's leave it at that wink.gif flowers.gif

flowers.gif flowers.gif flowers.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jul 28th 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #19

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(bebeg @ Jul 28th 2011, 11:32 AM) *

I'm curious...do you spend hours every week watching videos of Madonna's concerts, interviews...do you follow her around the world on tour...do you spend time on fan forums discussing her. I ask because I think that's why many of Adam's fans became invested in the dancers/band. Many of us have seen the videos from every show, we've watched/read every interview, we've travelled around the world to see the show, we spend hours on fan forums discussing him. I think that much involvement is what makes fans feel an attachment to the dancers and band.
Oh, I'm expecting changes too....or I guess I should say I'm hoping for it. At the beginning I wasn't really excited about the idea of dancers - I thought they would take too much attention away from Adam and be distracting. Yep...sure, like that's a possibility. haha.gif Anyway, I ended up enjoying the dancers (especially Sasha and Terrance) and love the friendships between Adam and the band/dancers. I especially like the long time connection he has with Monte.

But.....I really wouldn't care who the band members are and I hope the next tour doesn't even have dancers. By the time the tour wrapped up I wasn't even watching any of the videos from the shows except for the encores. The encores were the only spontaneous moments of the night. I was kind of tired of all the choreography. It wasn't as much fun by the end...walk down the steps, kiss Tommy, put leg up here, go over here, put on coat, take cane, walk up stairs.... It's really not fun when you know what's going to happen next.

I'm hoping for more of a concert instead of a show - encore moments all night --- just the band, maybe some back ground singers and Adam and that voice. He doesn't need to be choreographed to know how to move - what he does naturally is far sexier than any choreographed move. I'm hoping for more of a Moscow/Kradison/Gridlock vibe. Wow! I'm asking for alot aren't I? haha.gif That's sounds terrible. I really do love him no matter what he's doing on stage.

I'm a fan for life and will be here for whatever he does with whoever is on stage. I'll still be sitting here every night of the tour waiting for news, pics and videos and hopefully getting to see him live more than once. sad.gif

Good post bebeg huggy.gif .....loved the 'Rock Your Town' vibe as well.....
no...don't think they could have choreographed ..... omg.gif the Floorbert..... omg.gif the camera lick.....or the omg.gif FS WLL.....AFL at his natural best wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Vivaldi
post Jul 28th 2011, 10:47 AM
Post #20

Fav. Judge: Paula Abdul

Monte had an interview on LA Talk Radio Show, "The Sheena Metal Experience" on 26th July 2011:
http://axestaticprocess.com/2011/07/27/mon...-could-work-for
He thinks that Madonna is the best person that you could work for.

His interview started at 76 min, and they talked about Adam between 86-89 min. :
http://www.latalkradio.com/Players/Sheena-072611.shtml
Monte loves the freedom of playing with Adam and jamming with Adam live on stage unrehearsed e.g in 'Whole Lotta Love'. And he mentioned that he's part of Adam's touring band, but there are no plans for any future tours with Adam.

I guess Monte would probably choose to tour with Madonna IF Madonna and Adam were to tour at the same time - for monetary reason and the other reasons.

Adam is a solo artist. Musicians and dancers come and go. Although I like those talented musicians and dancers in Adam's GNT, I am here only for Adam.

This post has been edited by Vivaldi: Jul 28th 2011, 10:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 8:20 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol