Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Tea Party Hobbits", McCain Blasts Tea Party
1201O
post Jul 27th 2011, 9:07 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta
Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. FAV. Celebrity: Jessica Alba

I'm only quoting parts of the article. The full article is here:CNN

McCain said the movement is "foolish" to think a balanced budget amendment could pass before the August 2 deadline. At one point, McCain read from an op-ed in Wednesday's Wall Street Journal. That article referred to activists as "tea party hobbits" – the little people who inhabit Middle-earth in the Lord of the Rings series.

McCain also blasted Democrats in his speech. He called the plan from Majority Leader Harry Reid "full of smoke and mirrors," and said President Barack Obama is leading "from behind" by not offering "a specific plan that perhaps could be considered by both bodies."
"It's unfair of the president of the United States ... only to go out and give lectures and act in as partisan a fashion as I have seen in his addresses to the American people," McCain said.
When it came to the tea party, McCain was equally biting.
He said he fully supports a balanced budget amendment. But he thundered that current political realities make passing one in the near future near impossible.
"What is really amazing is that some (Senate) members are believing that we can pass a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution in this body with its present representation – and that is foolish," McCain said.
"That is worse than foolish," he continued. "That is deceiving many of our constituents."
"To hold out and say we won't agree to raising the debt limit until we pass a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution, it's unfair, it's bizarre," McCain added. "And maybe some people who have only been in this body for six or seven months or so really believe that. Others know better."

"The idea seems to be that if the House GOP refuses to raise the debt ceiling, a default crisis or gradual government shutdown will ensue and the public will turn en masse against Barack Obama....Then Democrats would have no choice but to pass a balanced budget amendment and reform entitlements, and the tea party hobbits could return to Middle-earth...This is the kind of crack political thinking that turned Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell into GOP nominees. The reality is the debt limit will be raised one way or another."

I thought this was an interesting read. McCain, I think, makes some pretty valid points, and goes after both sides, including Obama, not just the Tea baggers.

What are your thoughts?

This post has been edited by 1201O: Jul 27th 2011, 9:41 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 27th 2011, 9:07 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

RevRight
post Jul 28th 2011, 1:49 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox

QUOTE(1201O @ Jul 27th 2011, 9:07 PM) *

I'm only quoting parts of the article. The full article is here:CNN
I thought this was an interesting read. McCain, I think, makes some pretty valid points, and goes after both sides, including Obama, not just the Tea baggers.

What are your thoughts?

"But he thundered that current political realities make passing one in the near future near impossible."

Does this idiot not realize that HE is part of the current political reality that makes passing one in the near future near impossible? The sooner he gets out of the way, the better.

Keep on calling us Tea Baggers, chump. We will have the last laugh (and save your ass from bankruptcy at the same time).

--------------------
+Quote Post
1201O
post Jul 28th 2011, 2:05 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta
Fav. FAV. Celebrity: Jessica Alba

QUOTE(RevRight @ Jul 28th 2011, 2:49 PM) *

"But he thundered that current political realities make passing one in the near future near impossible."

Does this idiot not realize that HE is part of the current political reality that makes passing one in the near future near impossible? The sooner he gets out of the way, the better.

Keep on calling us Tea Baggers, chump. We will have the last laugh (and save your ass from bankruptcy at the same time).

I think he recognizes he is part of the current political reality, it's the Tea party that's doesn't seem to understand. rolleyes.gif

Actually, it's the Tea Party that will probably lead us into default and bankruptcy first. haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Steven
post Jul 28th 2011, 3:41 PM
Post #4

Plant your hope with good seeds
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI13: Jena Irene
Fav. Team: The Yankees

The Tea Party is not democrats/independents/republicans.. It's full of hardcore conservatives. It's a lie when they say it's full of different parties. I really don't believe it.

McCain is a VERY smart man. yes.gif Too bad he didn't wait till this year to run.

--------------------
Teams: Yankees, Devils, Giants || Music: A7X, Mumford & Sons, Springsteen, Bruno Mars, Drake || Budlime IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image Icons: Yankees, Hunger Games, French Fries, Jennifer Lawrence, Pokemon || AI12: Angie, Kree, Amber, JanelleIPB Image
+Quote Post
RevRight
post Jul 29th 2011, 12:25 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Steven @ Jul 28th 2011, 3:41 PM) *

The Tea Party is not democrats/independents/republicans.. It's full of hardcore conservatives. It's a lie when they say it's full of different parties. I really don't believe it.

McCain is a VERY smart man. yes.gif Too bad he didn't wait till this year to run.

You seem to know a lot about the Tea Party. What meetings have you attended to make your observations?

This post has been edited by RevRight: Jul 29th 2011, 12:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Steven
post Jul 29th 2011, 1:13 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE(RevRight @ Jul 29th 2011, 12:25 PM) *

You seem to know a lot about the Tea Party. What meetings have you attended to make your observations?

Sorry, but if people affiliate with the views of a nut job like Michele Bachmann they are without a doubt not Independents or Democrats. blink2.gif I'm actually a registered Republican, so this kind of makes my opinion less biased than let's say a liberal democrat.

I'm actually beginning to hate the Republican party, and I'm not the only Republican who feels this way. The reason the party is losing members is because of people within the party itself attacking those who aren't far right conservative.

--------------------
Teams: Yankees, Devils, Giants || Music: A7X, Mumford & Sons, Springsteen, Bruno Mars, Drake || Budlime IPB Image
IPB Image Icons: Yankees, Hunger Games, French Fries, Jennifer Lawrence, Pokemon || AI12: Angie, Kree, Amber, JanelleIPB Image
+Quote Post
ionlywantu2stay
post Aug 1st 2011, 2:35 PM
Post #7

Fav. AI9: They all suck

QUOTE(Steven @ Jul 28th 2011, 4:41 PM) *

Oh I know right? But of course, since he's a moderate, he's branded a RINO by all the stinking tea party members. Because anybody who disagrees with their dogmatic approach to public policy is a RINO in their eyes.

Whatever. If McCain couldn't beat Obama in 2008, these idiots will learn fast that one of their "genuine Republican" (read: Tea Party) candidates will basically guarantee him a second term.

QUOTE(Steven @ Jul 29th 2011, 2:13 PM) *

I'm actually beginning to hate the Republican party, and I'm not the only Republican who feels this way. The reason the party is losing members is because of people within the party itself attacking those who aren't far right conservative.

You and me both Steven. I'm waiting for the GOP to turn back into Lincoln's party of liberty and personal freedom, because right now it's more like the political funny farm. Not to mention one that's completely out of touch with American history:

http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/01/a-victor...an-republicans/

Dear Grover Norquist,
Reagan raised taxes 11 times during his term. Try learning about American history you f*cking moron. noexpression.gif

This post has been edited by ionlywantu2stay: Aug 1st 2011, 3:02 PM

--------------------
Daddy daddy you came to love me!
+Quote Post
Kelly/CarrieMyAI
post Aug 2nd 2011, 6:01 AM
Post #8

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

Tea baggers are f... in their head. What are these pathetic people still want regarding debt ceiling? Obama lost badly and they still aren't satisfied?

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Aug 2nd 2011, 8:28 PM
Post #9

You guys should watch Colbert's hilarious take on the LOTR analogies from last Thursday. It's pretty great.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kelly/CarrieMyAI
post Aug 3rd 2011, 1:24 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(poopooface @ Aug 3rd 2011, 4:28 AM) *

You guys should watch Colbert's hilarious take on the LOTR analogies from last Thursday. It's pretty great.

I watch Stewart, Colbert and O'Reilly. While first ones are comedy shows with real issues, last one is real show with a lot of comedy in it.

Quote from Oreilly Talking points (from August 1st): The most important thing about the deal is that it challenges you, the American voter. If you want less spending in the future, you will vote for Republicans next time around. If you want to continue with the big government philosophy, you'll vote Democrat haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

Like there is no other issues that separate democrats from republicans (like being sane and insane). On the other hand, republicans can say thank you to tea-baggers conservatives, as lots of democrats probably can ease up a little on republicans, as there are now more insane people in the USA.

This post has been edited by Kelly/CarrieMyAI: Aug 3rd 2011, 3:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Aug 3rd 2011, 10:03 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(Kelly/CarrieMyAI @ Aug 3rd 2011, 2:24 PM) *

I watch Stewart, Colbert and O'Reilly. While first ones are comedy shows with real issues, last one is real show with a lot of comedy in it.

Quote from Oreilly Talking points (from August 1st): The most important thing about the deal is that it challenges you, the American voter. If you want less spending in the future, you will vote for Republicans next time around. If you want to continue with the big government philosophy, you'll vote Democrat haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

Like there is no other issues that separate democrats from republicans (like being sane and insane). On the other hand, republicans can say thank you to tea-baggers conservatives, as lots of democrats probably can ease up a little on republicans, as there are now more insane people in the USA.

Haha. I'm not sure I coud watch O'Reilly on a regular basis, even for comedic purposes. It'd probably lead to high blood pressure or something. I just trust Stewart and Colbert will show the best O'Reilly gaffes. I still remember O'Reilly's epic reasoning for why God exists (you have to check it out if you haven't seen it). He is, for sure, one of their best and most consistent sources of comedy.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kelly/CarrieMyAI
post Aug 4th 2011, 5:28 AM
Post #12

yeah, I remember, something about sun or tides or something original.gif

This post has been edited by Kelly/CarrieMyAI: Aug 4th 2011, 5:29 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Aug 4th 2011, 7:43 AM
Post #13

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

The mainstream media have completely missed the story, by portraying the Tea Party movement in ideological rather than regional terms. Whether by accident or design, the public faces of the Tea Party in the House are Midwesterners -- Minnesota's Michele Bachmann and Joe Walsh of Illinois. But while there may be Tea Party sympathizers throughout the country, in the House of Representatives the Tea Party faction that has used the debt ceiling issue to plunge the nation into crisis is overwhelmingly Southern in its origins:

IPB Image

The four states with the most Tea Party representatives in Congress are all former members of the Confederate States of America.

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_roo.../lind_tea_party

As this person says:
Well that certainly explains the rampant racism, fundamentalism, and attempts to destroy the country.

Essentially the election of a black President seems to have reignited a covert Civil War, which is being waged by individuals who could care less if the country is destroyed in the process because they do not recognize its legitimacy anyhow.

"The tea party movement wouldn't exist without Barack Obama." - Sarah Palin

Thank you, Sarah, for inadvertently admitting the truth. We all know that they didn't care about the debt or big government under Bush and Republican control. They all like the pretend like they were sooo upset about that back then. Yeah, right! Face it, Obama got in, Fox started pumping in fear, and people who had never paid attention suddenly started thinking that Obama was some alien, foreign, Marxist, ruining America. Thus came the Tea Party.

The sad part is, those sad tools don't even understand who's behind the funding of all of this bullsh*t. Rich b*stards using them as pawns to protect their assets, so that they can continue firing them and laying them off. haha.gif It's genius, really. And so, so, sad.

And then they've got someone like Palin doing the down home thing, all while promoting further destroying these sad, Tea Party sacks economically, and they don't even realize it, because she puts a fresh face to things. And it's really insidious, because she does it all while under the guise of being a populist.

Shiny new object on old, poisonous, bad ideas. Stormy summed it up well.

I salute you, Tea Party honchos! Really quite brill.

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
ionlywantu2stay
post Aug 4th 2011, 11:09 AM
Post #14

Fav. AI9: They all suck

She's right. And while I'm not a fan of Obama, I think the fact that the formation of the tea party can be attributed to his election is ridiculous. It's like freakin' McCarthyism all over again-running on fear, but low on logic. And it's killing the Republican party, a party once founded on principles of equality and freedom by Abe Lincoln. Oh how times have changed.

This post has been edited by ionlywantu2stay: Aug 4th 2011, 11:13 AM

--------------------
Daddy daddy you came to love me!
+Quote Post
RevRight
post Aug 30th 2011, 10:13 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(Steven @ Jul 29th 2011, 1:13 PM) *

Sorry, but if people affiliate with the views of a nut job like Michele Bachmann they are without a doubt not Independents or Democrats. blink2.gif I'm actually a registered Republican, so this kind of makes my opinion less biased than let's say a liberal democrat.

Nut job? lol Well I'm not sure what makes you think she's a nut job, but many of us out here believe the current occupant of the White House a nut job. And that's not just a wild statement. Look at the results of his first 2 1/2 years.

This post has been edited by RevRight: Aug 30th 2011, 10:13 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RevRight
post Aug 30th 2011, 10:22 AM
Post #16

QUOTE(ionlywantu2stay @ Aug 1st 2011, 2:35 PM) *

Oh I know right? But of course, since he's a moderate, he's branded a RINO by all the stinking tea party members. Because anybody who disagrees with their dogmatic approach to public policy is a RINO in their eyes.

Whatever. If McCain couldn't beat Obama in 2008, these idiots will learn fast that one of their "genuine Republican" (read: Tea Party) candidates will basically guarantee him a second term.
You and me both Steven. I'm waiting for the GOP to turn back into Lincoln's party of liberty and personal freedom, because right now it's more like the political funny farm. Not to mention one that's completely out of touch with American history:

http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/01/a-victor...an-republicans/

Dear Grover Norquist,
Reagan raised taxes 11 times during his term. Try learning about American history you f*cking moron. noexpression.gif

Liberty and personal freedom. You mean like this?

Take It Away!
August 30, 2011 6:16 A.M.
By Mark Steyn

John Hinderaker provides a good precis of the Gibson guitar raids. It seems a curious law-enforcement priority even for the Brokest Nation in History. Very few pianos are now made in the United States, but hey, that’s no reason not to do the same to the guitar industry. I would only add that the (century-old but recently expanded) Lacey Act is a characteristic example of the degeneration of federal “law”-making, whereby narrowly drawn legislation metastasizes way beyond its original intent to the point that no reasonable man, no matter how prudent, can know whether he is or isn’t in breach of it.

Such open-ended “laws” are an invitation to tyranny, and it would be expecting an awful lot for a money-no-object bureaucracy not to take advantage of it. For example:

Consider the recent experience of Pascal Vieillard, whose Atlanta-area company, A-440 Pianos, imported several antique Bösendorfers. Mr. Vieillard asked officials at the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species how to fill out the correct paperwork—which simply encouraged them to alert U.S. Customs to give his shipment added scrutiny.

There was never any question that the instruments were old enough to have grandfathered ivory keys. But Mr. Vieillard didn’t have his paperwork straight when two-dozen federal agents came calling.

Two dozen federal agents? To raid a piano importer? Does the piano industry have a particular reputation for violent armed resistance? Or is it that the most footling bureaucrat now feels he has no credibility unless he’s got his own elite commando team? When you’re wondering how America’s national government settled into the habit of spending $4 trillion a year while only raising $2 trillion, it’s easy to get hung up on fine calibrations of entitlement reform circa 2030. But look at it this way: Imagine if, instead of 24 agents, the federal piano police had to make do with a mere dozen to raid a small importer.

Note this, too:

Facing criminal charges that might have put him in prison for years, Mr. Vieillard pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of violating the Lacey Act, and was handed a $17,500 fine and three years probation.

They’re antique pianos. They come with ivory keys. They’re grandfathered in. There is no criminal intent and, in the most basic sense, no underlying crime. Yet he’s looking at being tossed in jail “for years”? Any “justice” system with such an utter lack of proportion is not justice at all. It speaks very poorly for us that we tolerate it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Steven
post Sep 1st 2011, 12:59 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE(RevRight @ Aug 30th 2011, 10:13 AM) *

Nut job? lol Well I'm not sure what makes you think she's a nut job, but many of us out here believe the current occupant of the White House a nut job. And that's not just a wild statement. Look at the results of his first 2 1/2 years.

Yeah, she's a nut job. Anyone who has the views on slavery as she does, wants to overturn state laws regarding marriage that were done fair and square, believes all women should serve their husband, pretty much wants everyone in this country to be Christian, and anyone who honestly even can believe the Earth was created 6,000 years ago is crazy. She is not mentally stable enough to be the president, and I fear this country would become like a Christian Middle East. Sorry, but if she likes her views so much she should just mind her own business and teach them to her own kids.

I can agree with you. Obama has done some really STUPID things; I'm not disagreeing with you on that fact. I told you, I'm a Republican, but I'm not for stepping 100 years back in time. Michele cannot give this country what it needs at the moment.

I have also officially decided that I will be voting for Obama come 2012 if someone like Michele goes against Obama. And that shows you how many of the moderates she's scaring away. She is unelectable.

This is one year I'm going to LOVE the liberal media. Once someone like Michele gets into the real spot light she'll be branded as a lunatic and nobody will want to vote for her, that is if anyone even wants to at this point; except for the far right wing extremists. original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Sep 1st 2011, 1:35 PM
Post #18

Fav. XFUK: Ben Haenow

Bachmann's negatives aren't nearly as high as Sarah Palin. Many people simply don't know enough about her, only what the mainstream media paints her to be. If some of her views are so radical, why do so many go out of their way to attack her? I don't think she's likely to win, but I don't deny she's someone of great character. Running mate potential, possibly (though I think Marco Rubio is more likely in the long run).

--------------------
IPB Image
set: istersay || xfuk: ben. jake. lauren. jay. fleur. only the young. paul. jack. stereo kicks. lola.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Steven
post Sep 1st 2011, 4:04 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE(Drew @ Sep 1st 2011, 1:35 PM) *

Bachmann's negatives aren't nearly as high as Sarah Palin. Many people simply don't know enough about her, only what the mainstream media paints her to be. If some of her views are so radical, why do so many go out of their way to attack her? I don't think she's likely to win, but I don't deny she's someone of great character. Running mate potential, possibly (though I think Marco Rubio is more likely in the long run).

If the media disliked Palin; they'll absolutely HATE Bachmann. The only people that can relate to her are ultra-conservatives, and maybe people who don't know her views and will only vote for her cause they want a woman president. She has character, yeah, but not every character is pleasant to every ear. I do think she could be a running mate, but I do not think should be running the entire show. This girl is the darkness that people tried to say Palin was.

Bachmann makes Palin look like Nancy Pelosi when it comes to political views.

She's already said the craziest things. I do laugh at her constantly wrong facts that she thinks are right. lmao.gif At least Palin ~tried to say things, and would admit to things she didn't know. Palin has been doing her homework, and I think people are going to be shocked at how different she is; that is if she decides to step into the race this weekend with all these events she's doing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Drew
post Sep 1st 2011, 9:56 PM
Post #20

Fav. XFUK: Ben Haenow

QUOTE(Steven @ Sep 1st 2011, 5:04 PM) *

If the media disliked Palin; they'll absolutely HATE Bachmann. The only people that can relate to her are ultra-conservatives, and maybe people who don't know her views and will only vote for her cause they want a woman president. She has character, yeah, but not every character is pleasant to every ear. I do think she could be a running mate, but I do not think should be running the entire show. This girl is the darkness that people tried to say Palin was.

Uh, they already target her on a frequent basis. laughing.gif She's obviously made mistakes, but so has Palin. I don't think either one of them are ~the darkness. I think Bachmann supporters view her as a genuine, regular person that's not the status quo. I disagree with her on issues like evolution and climate change though. Don't think she's crazy though.

--------------------
IPB Image
set: istersay || xfuk: ben. jake. lauren. jay. fleur. only the young. paul. jack. stereo kicks. lola.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 19th 2014, 11:29 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol