Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

457 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jul 23rd 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(stardust1213 @ Jul 23rd 2011, 11:16 PM) *

On world news tonight they mentioned that Amy's dad had already written a eulogy for his daughter before this happened. He knew the path his daughter was headed down.... So sad... sad.gif

I worried about the drugs, the booze, burning man and zodiac show aspects of Adam's life also. So many young talented artists fall into this seemingly exciting life style and unfortunately don't know when to separate a fun time once in awhile to letting it consume them altogether.

So happy Adam has found success his way and has kept his family and friends close. Adam aint no dummy!! Like he said..... I plan...I create....I love!!! wub.gif OK Adam.... we're waiting for that creation!!! Otherwise known as Album 2!! grin.gif

This. huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 23rd 2011, 10:32 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

madamimadam
post Jul 23rd 2011, 10:33 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

QUOTE(swflaboy @ Jul 23rd 2011, 11:20 PM) *

I hear you. huggy.gif

But I think Adam has a handle on it and plenty of experience to navigate the land mines. Really. Don't worry.

I know! I find it amazing how my thoughts on Adam's pre-Idol lifestyle changed by simply getting to 'know' his friends.

It was not a judgemental pearl-clutching kind of concern, I just wanted Adam to keep his head screwed on right after he got that great opportunity with Idol... There was a lot of Lohan / Rihanna stuff going on at the time and I wanted the best for Adam, as I would my own kid.

But as I just said though, as I got to hear/see more about his friends, I think there all 'good people' and am thrilled that he has surrounded with them even now with his success.

I remember Adam saying that Katy Perry gave him the advice to keep his old friends close after Idol... Darned good advice if you ask me!

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jul 23rd 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jul 23rd 2011, 11:33 PM) *

I know! I find it amazing how my thoughts on Adam's pre-Idol lifestyle changed by simply getting to 'know' his friends.

It was not a judgemental pearl-clutching kind of concern, I just wanted Adam to keep his head screwed on right after he got that great opportunity with Idol... There was a lot of Lohan / Rihanna stuff going on at the time and I wanted the best for Adam, as I would my own kid.

But as I just said though, as I got to hear/see more about his friends, I think there all 'good people' and am thrilled that he has surrounded with them even now with his success.

I remember Adam saying that Katy Perry gave him the advice to keep his old friends close after Idol... Darned good advice if you ask me!

And he does just that. He hasn't gone Hollywood, which is a good thing. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
swflaboy
post Jul 23rd 2011, 10:37 PM
Post #24

God bless Adam! He's got it going on! I never worried about him and his circle of friends one bit. He's got it going on and he knows which way is up.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jul 23rd 2011, 10:42 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(swflaboy @ Jul 23rd 2011, 11:37 PM) *

God bless Adam! He's got it going on! I never worried about him and his circle of friends one bit. He's got it going on and he knows which way is up.

yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ssuussaann
post Jul 23rd 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #26

I wonder why Amy's dad didn't have her committed to an extended stay in rehab...I think in Canada, two family members can get together and do that for someone.
I remember Amy standing with her arm around her mum just after she'd won the BNA grammy, and she was praising her mum and all...her mum had a wan smile on her face that said 'I don't care about all this crap, I only want you to get yourself in line, daughter!'

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Jul 24th 2011, 7:51 AM
Post #27

I agree....his friends, besides being talented and creative, seem to be some of the nicest, just really good people. I continue to be impressed that no one has talked, no one has sold stories - that speaks volumes about them, about Adam and about their respect and love towards him.

Russell Brand wrote a blog about Amy from the perspective of someone who knew her, called her friend and all too well understood her addictions. Interestingly, the age of 27 comes up -- it's when he got help and recovered. It's a beautiful, thoughtful piece...

http://www.russellbrand.tv/2011/07/for-amy/

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
♥JM♥
post Jul 24th 2011, 8:02 AM
Post #28

[start of criticism]I see the mod killed Amy Winehouse thread.I can't even access it anymore.

It was just one thread.It's not like it was messing with this forum and it was something that is very "hot" topic at the moment.

I mean was it really necessary?

Sometimes I really don't understand the moderation of this place.

Are they bored or something, nothing to do?

I can appreciate a good moderation, but let's not over do it.[end of criticism]

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jul 24th 2011, 8:28 AM
Post #29

Fav. Steven Tyler

Adam has always had a good head on his shoulders and he really seems to have a well balanced personality. Whatever struggles he's had and insecurities, he has healthy self esteem and all that is a good buffer against falling into drugs. Also, he seems to have had a happy childhood and family life and a supportive family through it all.
The best thing that happened to him was not making it big at too young an age!!! yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jul 24th 2011, 9:59 AM
Post #30

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 24th 2011, 9:28 AM) *

Adam has always had a good head on his shoulders and he really seems to have a well balanced personality. Whatever struggles he's had and insecurities, he has healthy self esteem and all that is a good buffer against falling into drugs. Also, he seems to have had a happy childhood and family life and a supportive family through it all.
The best thing that happened to him was not making it big at too young an age!!! yes.gif

Agree, completely !!! flowers.gif
The 'healthy self esteem' and/ the 'happy family/childhood' parts are most impotant for people to overcome the 'struggles & insecurities' parts wub.gif

This post has been edited by Love2Lurk: Jul 24th 2011, 9:59 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jul 24th 2011, 11:11 AM
Post #31

QUOTE(♥JM♥ @ Jul 24th 2011, 9:02 AM) *

[start of criticism]I see the mod killed Amy Winehouse thread.I can't even access it anymore.

It was just one thread.It's not like it was messing with this forum and it was something that is very "hot" topic at the moment.

I mean was it really necessary?

Sometimes I really don't understand the moderation of this place.

Are they bored or something, nothing to do?

I can appreciate a good moderation, but let's not over do it.[end of criticism]

It's around. it's just been merged with the AMY WINEHOUSE FOUND DEAD thread in the music forum.

I read this morning that her mother visited her the day before her death, and said she didn't look well. sad.gif She said she feared for her daughter's life. Sad.

Adam tie-in: Danielle sang a cover of Amy's at her Viper Room show. She did "Valerie".

This post has been edited by Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life: Jul 24th 2011, 11:13 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jul 24th 2011, 11:34 AM
Post #32

Here's a link to the article that I mentioned in my above post.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/amy-winehouses-mo...-131927622.html

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jul 24th 2011, 2:14 PM
Post #33

Fav. Steven Tyler

Margaret Cho about Amy - Really beautiful wub.gif

R.I.P. Amy Winehouse July 23rd, 2011

I am sad to hear about Amy Winehouse. It's really awful. I didn't know her, but I loved her music, and her incredible voice, and although she was very young, her eyes looked out from an ancient soul. That deep, rich well of sadness where she drew her startling contralto from, the dark depths of her humor and tragedy " seemed like it had been around for centuries. I hope she comes back around again, in another form " a happier one. We will all be gone by then, but our children will have another stunning idol, and they will bask in her glory. And this time, she will win and win and win and win. She deserves that.

Whenever I saw her latest disaster unfold in the tabloids or on blogs, I wanted to wrap my arms around her. I felt sad for her because I've lived that " not in such a grand or public way, but I have had my share of drug and alcohol rages, nights I couldn't believe I awoke from. I've been alone in hotel rooms with all my demons present and not a friend among them. It's something I could see in her, and when I saw her there, crying in her elegantly cascading beehive hairdo and slightly too big but still expensive ballet flats, rare vintage beaded cardigan daintily perched on her birdlike shoulders, I saw myself ever clearer. I've got those red jeans, even though they might be 12 sizes larger. I've walked a mile in your flats girl. I never put drugs in my hair, only because I have never worn it up, but that was a good idea. I always thought that.

I've actually been weeping about her on and off all day, grieving for her and her family and friends and fans and for myself and what drugs have given and taken from me. I guess I always had luck on my side. I always managed to get up and keep going. I didn't want to go to rehab either. We are all just trying to make it after all. I thought that there was more time for Amy Winehouse though. I thought that her little tiny body with the great big voice had countless comebacks left. She seemed so tough and strong, bigger than life. Maybe it was the booming power of her pipes, the resonant chambers of her lovely Modigliani face bringing forth a sound that singers like me long for in the studio and onstage. It comes along once in a generation, if we are lucky I suppose. And we were lucky to have her as long as we did. Wherever we go when we die, I hope she is happy there. I hope that she is entertaining the dead with the magic she brought to us in her life. I hope that she can breathe free with a sigh of relief that her suffering has now come to an end.

I send all my love to her family and friends and many many fans worldwide. What a life she had. Extraordinary and brief " all too brief. Perhaps God is selfish and just wants the truly exceptional creatures he has made all to himself, so he bestows his finest gifts to those he knows will not spend too long on earth. Maybe he just wanted Amy Winehouse to serenade him in the big rehab up in the sky. Wherever she is, she will be missed.

This post has been edited by Silvia: Jul 24th 2011, 2:56 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aquariusfin
post Jul 24th 2011, 2:33 PM
Post #34

Beautifully said heart.gif So sad sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Jul 24th 2011, 2:47 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 24th 2011, 3:14 PM) *

Russell Brand's about Amy - Really beautiful wub.gif

That's not Russell's tribute -- that is from Margaret Cho. From her webpage --

http://www.margaretcho.com/content/2011/07...-amy-winehouse/

This is Russell's...
I can't get his blog to open right now. He posted it this morning. But, TMZ posted the entire blog.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/24/amy-winehous...ell-brand-blog/

For Amy

When you love someone who suffers from the disease of addiction you await the phone call. There will be a phone call. The sincere hope is that the call will be from the addict themselves, telling you they’ve had enough, that they’re ready to stop, ready to try something new. Of course though, you fear the other call, the sad nocturnal chime from a friend or relative telling you it’s too late, she’s gone.

Frustratingly it’s not a call you can ever make it must be received. It is impossible to intervene.

I’ve known Amy Winehouse for years. When I first met her around Camden she was just some twit in a pink satin jacket shuffling round bars with mutual friends, most of whom were in cool Indie bands or peripheral Camden figures Withnail-ing their way through life on impotent charisma. Carl Barrat told me that “Winehouse” (which I usually called her and got a kick out of cos it’s kind of funny to call a girl by her surname) was a jazz singer, which struck me as a bizarrely anomalous in that crowd. To me with my limited musical knowledge this information placed Amy beyond an invisible boundary of relevance; “Jazz singer? She must be some kind of eccentric” I thought. I chatted to her anyway though, she was after all, a girl, and she was sweet and peculiar but most of all vulnerable.

I was myself at that time barely out of rehab and was thirstily seeking less complicated women so I barely reflected on the now glaringly obvious fact that Winehouse and I shared an affliction, the disease of addiction. All addicts, regardless of the substance or their social status share a consistent and obvious symptom; they’re not quite present when you talk to them. They communicate to you through a barely discernible but un-ignorable veil. Whether a homeless smack head troubling you for 50p for a cup of tea or a coked-up, pinstriped exec foaming off about his “speedboat” there is a toxic aura that prevents connection. They have about them the air of elsewhere, that they’re looking through you to somewhere else they’d rather be. And of course they are. The priority of any addict is to anaesthetise the pain of living to ease the passage of the day with some purchased relief.

From time to time I’d bump into Amy she had good banter so we could chat a bit and have a laugh, she was “a character” but that world was riddled with half cut, doped up chancers, I was one of them, even in early recovery I was kept afloat only by clinging to the bodies of strangers so Winehouse, but for her gentle quirks didn’t especially register.

Then she became massively famous and I was pleased to see her acknowledged but mostly baffled because I’d not experienced her work and this not being the 1950’s I wondered how a “jazz singer” had achieved such cultural prominence. I wasn’t curious enough to do anything so extreme as listen to her music or go to one of her gigs, I was becoming famous myself at the time and that was an all consuming experience. It was only by chance that I attended a Paul Weller gig at the Roundhouse that I ever saw her live.

I arrived late and as I made my way to the audience through the plastic smiles and plastic cups I heard the rolling, wondrous resonance of a female vocal. Entering the space I saw Amy on stage with Weller and his band; and then the awe. The awe that envelops when witnessing a genius. From her oddly dainty presence that voice, a voice that seemed not to come from her but from somewhere beyond even Billie and Ella, from the font of all greatness. A voice that was filled with such power and pain that it was at once entirely human yet laced with the divine. My ears, my mouth, my heart and mind all instantly opened. Winehouse. Winehouse? Winehouse! That twerp, all eyeliner and lager dithering up Chalk Farm Road under a back-combed barnet, the lips that I’d only seen clenching a fishwife fruit and dribbling curses now a portal for this holy sound. So now I knew. She wasn’t just some hapless wannabe, yet another pissed up nit who was never gonna make it, nor was she even a ten-a-penny-chanteuse enjoying her fifteen minutes. She was a freaking genius.

Shallow fool that I am I now regarded her in a different light, the light that blazed down from heaven when she sang. That lit her up now and a new phase in our friendship began. She came on a few of my TV and radio shows, I still saw her about but now attended to her with a little more interest. Publicly though, Amy increasingly became defined by her addiction. Our media though is more interested in tragedy than talent, so the ink began to defect from praising her gift to chronicling her downfall. The destructive personal relationships, the blood soaked ballet slippers, the aborted shows, that youtube madness with the baby mice. In the public perception this ephemeral tittle-tattle replaced her timeless talent. This and her manner in our occasional meetings brought home to me the severity of her condition. Addiction is a serious disease; it will end with jail, mental institutions or death. I was 27 years old when through the friendship and help of Chip Somers of the treatment centre, Focus12 I found recovery, through Focus I was introduced to support fellowships for alcoholics and drug addicts which are very easy to find and open to anybody with a desire to stop drinking and without which I would not be alive.

Now Amy Winehouse is dead, like many others whose unnecessary deaths have been retrospectively romanticised, at 27 years old. Whether this tragedy was preventable or not is now irrelevant. It is not preventable today. We have lost a beautiful and talented woman to this disease. Not all addicts have Amy’s incredible talent. Or Kurt’s or Jimi’s or Janis’s, some people just get the affliction. All we can do is adapt the way we view this condition, not as a crime or a romantic affectation but as a disease that will kill. We need to review the way society treats addicts, not as criminals but as sick people in need of care. We need to look at the way our government funds rehabilitation. It is cheaper to rehabilitate an addict than to send them to prison, so criminalisation doesn’t even make economic sense. Not all of us know someone with the incredible talent that Amy had but we all know drunks and junkies and they all need help and the help is out there. All they have to do is pick up the phone and make the call. Or not. Either way, there will be a phone call.

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Jul 24th 2011, 3:05 PM
Post #36

Many people are shattered by the death of their child, sibling or close friend as a result of drugs or alcohol. Grief is crushing and second guessing your efforts in preventing their death never ends, was there something I could have said, an intervention, another stint in rehab or jail that could have changed this person's life. Having sympathy for the loss of a celebrity's death is compassionate and also innocent. There is nothing more painful then people who were a part of our life that we have loved and lost.

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Jul 24th 2011, 3:06 PM
Post #37

Fav. Steven Tyler

Tnx bebe. huggy.gif Fixed it.

Love both eulogies. And love also Tony Bennett's.

This post has been edited by Silvia: Jul 24th 2011, 3:06 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stardust1213
post Jul 24th 2011, 7:02 PM
Post #38

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(bebeg @ Jul 24th 2011, 3:47 PM) *

That's not Russell's tribute -- that is from Margaret Cho. From her webpage --

http://www.margaretcho.com/content/2011/07...-amy-winehouse/

This is Russell's...
I can't get his blog to open right now. He posted it this morning. But, TMZ posted the entire blog.
http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/24/amy-winehous...ell-brand-blog/

These tributes were both beautifully written. Russel, especially, does have a way with words. Very intelligent he is.... Glad he got the help when he needed it. I didn't really know much about Amy.... her music or otherwise, but I certainly can see she was very troubled. Her back story touches me more than I would have realized.

I have to say..... thanks to Adam, I have a deeper understanding about celebs and their conflicts with their personal life and their public life.... and their demons... if they have any. I say thanks to Adam because Adam makes you feel.... at least he has made me more aware of other peoples feelings. When you do think about it.... they are human...just like us. Of course, Adam seems to guide through his life like he doesn't have a care in the world. But, of course he does. We all have our troubles. I feel blessed to have discovered this wonderful human being who just makes me happy in so many different ways. wub.gif He handles himself like a true gentleman... loving and caring. heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jul 24th 2011, 7:43 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(stardust1213 @ Jul 24th 2011, 8:02 PM) *

I have to say..... thanks to Adam, I have a deeper understanding about celebs and their conflicts with their personal life and their public life.... and their demons... if they have any. I say thanks to Adam because Adam makes you feel.... at least he has made me more aware of other peoples feelings. When you do think about it.... they are human...just like us. Of course, Adam seems to guide through his life like he doesn't have a care in the world. But, of course he does. We all have our troubles. I feel blessed to have discovered this wonderful human being who just makes me happy in so many different ways. wub.gif He handles himself like a true gentleman... loving and caring. heart.gif

MTE. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jul 25th 2011, 7:25 AM
Post #40

Her family went to visit her home yesterday. Sad. crying.gif

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/family-singer-amy...-105047970.html

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

457 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 20th 2014, 6:22 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol