Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

437 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.
madamimadam
post Jul 23rd 2011, 4:23 PM
Post #1

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Hi guys!

I saw that a mod moved/closed the Amy Winehouse thread. Mods will not allow 'off topic' threads to remain open.

Soooooooooooooo... with that in mind, I thought I would open this 'catch all' thread where anything and everything goes.

Of course, it's always all about Adam... Always make sure that you tie in any news/info you bring in to Adam, even if it's just a quick reference to his glambulge...

innocent.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 23rd 2011, 4:23 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Silvia
post Jul 23rd 2011, 5:11 PM
Post #2

Group: Members

Fav. Steven Tyler

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jul 23rd 2011, 4:23 PM) *

Hi guys!

I saw that a mod moved/closed the Amy Winehouse thread. Mods will not allow 'off topic' threads to remain open.

Soooooooooooooo... with that in mind, I thought I would open this 'catch all' thread where anything and everything goes.

Of course, it's always all about Adam... Always make sure that you tie in any news/info you bring in to Adam, even if it's just a quick reference to his glambulge...

innocent.gif

ILU huggy.gif I was pissed off about it. First, I love Amy and there are others here who love her. I want to talk about things here with people I "know" and not have to go elsewhere. huh.gif

TNX flowers.gif

If anyone wants some Amy songs, tell me original.gif

You want a connection to Adam? I hope he makes quality music like her! She proved she can do her stuff, her way and still be commercial, successful and respected.

This post has been edited by Silvia: Jul 23rd 2011, 5:15 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jul 23rd 2011, 5:23 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Silvia @ Jul 23rd 2011, 6:11 PM) *

ILU huggy.gif I was pissed off about it. First, I love Amy and there are others here who love her. I want to talk about things here with people I "know" and not have to go elsewhere. huh.gif

TNX flowers.gif

If anyone wants some Amy songs, tell me original.gif

You want a connection to Adam? I hope he makes quality music like her! She proved she can do her stuff, her way and still be commercial, successful and respected.

You know how very 'unaware' I am about music, but to think that a 27 year old 'child' has died just breaks my heart. No matter what the background, I can't help but think of the parents.... crying.gif

I remember when I first 'discovered' Adam's pre-Idol stuff which was completely foreign to me, I worried some about the 'type of crowd' he was hanging around with, the drugs, the booze, Burning Man, Zodiac Show... Little did I know that I would come to love and respect most of those people Adam hung around with before Idol and I am very grateful that he has kept them close to him... The Cherrys, Alisan, Brooke, etc.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Jul 23rd 2011, 5:23 PM
Post #4

This is a great idea. There are things happening in the 'real' world that I'd like to discuss. Just like I want to talk to family or friends about it, I want to talk to all of you about it. And I don't want to talk to people out in the general discussion area - they're not 'family'.

Thanks for starting this Marie.

As sad as the news is about Amy, the stories coming out of Norway are just too sad and disturbing to even wrap my head around....pure evil. The number of dead is now at 92.

This post has been edited by bebeg: Jul 23rd 2011, 5:24 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jul 23rd 2011, 5:33 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(bebeg @ Jul 23rd 2011, 6:23 PM) *

This is a great idea. There are things happening in the 'real' world that I'd like to discuss. Just like I want to talk to family or friends about it, I want to talk to all of you about it. And I don't want to talk to people out in the general discussion area - they're not 'family'.

As sad as the news is about Amy, the stories coming out of Norway are just too sad and disturbing to even wrap my head around....pure evil. The number of dead is now at 92.

I listened to one of the survivor's account of what happened and it just boggles the mind! He said he only survived because he 'played dead' next to dead bodies. He tried to swim out but couldn't, so he came back and laid down. The shooter left and then came back AN HOUR LATER! Can you imagine? You figure it's over and then the savage is back!

Adam might tweet about this *Adam reference*

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jul 23rd 2011, 5:49 PM
Post #6

Fav. Adam Lambert

Yes, both stories today are very tragic and involve young people heart.gif The ending of a young person's life; be it by accident, illness , the hand of someone else or their own hand; it is so very sad. sad.gif It is sweet, Madam, that you thought to make a thread that we can share our thoughts flowers.gif

I'm sure Adam will tweet about todays sad news wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jul 23rd 2011, 6:03 PM
Post #7

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jul 23rd 2011, 6:23 PM) *

You know how very 'unaware' I am about music, but to think that a 27 year old 'child' has died just breaks my heart. No matter what the background, I can't help but think of the parents.... crying.gif

I remember when I first 'discovered' Adam's pre-Idol stuff which was completely foreign to me, I worried some about the 'type of crowd' he was hanging around with, the drugs, the booze, Burning Man, Zodiac Show... Little did I know that I would come to love and respect most of those people Adam hung around with before Idol and I am very grateful that he has kept them close to him... The Cherrys, Alisan, Brooke, etc.

I know....we always worry about who our young people 'hang' with. While working on a college campus for so many years;I have known many similar young people who are growing into themselves. They experiment with; not only their looks, but, also their amusements. Usually, they are all very nice and sweeet kids, just trying to fine their way in life. Adam has found his way, while accumulating many sweet and talented friends wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Doriangrey
post Jul 23rd 2011, 6:17 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(bebeg @ Jul 23rd 2011, 5:23 PM) *

Adam is half Norwegian, it is probably his bottom parts.

My children worry that I spend soooo much time with a gang of peeps calling themselves Skanks and that their questionable behaviour will influence me, I can only hope.

So in this thread there is no reward punishment for going off topic? damn

--------------------
The Floating World ukiyo referring to a conception of an evanescent world, impermanent, fleeting beauty and a realm of entertainments divorced from the responsibilities of the mundane, everyday world.
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jul 23rd 2011, 6:22 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Jul 23rd 2011, 7:17 PM) *

My children worry that I spend soooo much time with a gang of peeps calling themselves Skanks and that their questionable behaviour will influence me, I can only hope.

Nope! Adam will not give you a spanking if you go 'off topic' in this 'no topic' thread!

roll2.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Jul 23rd 2011, 6:24 PM
Post #10

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Jul 23rd 2011, 7:17 PM) *

My children worry that I spend soooo much time with a gang of peeps calling themselves Skanks and that their questionable behaviour will influence me, I can only hope.So in this thread there is no reward punishment for going off topic? damn

Good one Dorian haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif Shady bunch....those Skanks fear.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SilverThornLove
post Jul 23rd 2011, 7:40 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI9: Siobhan Magnus

Has Adam ever mentioned Amy before? I feel like he would like her music, or at least respect it.

This post has been edited by SilverThornLove: Jul 23rd 2011, 7:41 PM

--------------------
~~~ #609 ~~~
IPB Image
Sig: Sarahx3 (<--- <3<3<3) ~ Icon: the lovely argylepiratewd
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jul 23rd 2011, 7:44 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(SilverThornLove @ Jul 23rd 2011, 8:40 PM) *

Has Adam ever mentioned Amy before? I feel like he would like her music, or at least respect it.

Not that I can remember...

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Adamized
post Jul 23rd 2011, 8:01 PM
Post #13

RIP Amy Winehouse.

Such a troubled soul, but so very talented. So young, and so much more to offer the world. It's really sad that she was unable to overcome her demons. I love her music, and feel she paved the way for many others.

As for the tragedy in Norway, I have no words. The evil in this world is truly beyond my comprehension. It just sickens the heart.

--------------------
+Quote Post
MicheleDE
post Jul 23rd 2011, 8:20 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry

QUOTE(Doriangrey @ Jul 23rd 2011, 6:17 PM) *

his feet are Norwegian? fear.gif

oh wait..... Norwegian wood!

:-O

Those Skanks mean srs bizness (Adam quote/reference happy.gif )

QUOTE(SilverThornLove @ Jul 23rd 2011, 7:40 PM) *

idk I think he may have... in that interview with Adam & Megan before the AI8 tour started... may have been talking to Laura Saltman? not sure... but Megan covered an Amy Winehouse song on the tour. (another Adam tie-in thumbsup.gif )

This post has been edited by MicheleDE: Jul 23rd 2011, 8:21 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ohiogal
post Jul 23rd 2011, 9:48 PM
Post #15

Was the Amy Winehouse thread moved to somewhere else, or just deleted? When I clicked on the link I got a message that the link was broken.

To keep this on-topic...I'm glad that while Adam's experimented, he never let drugs take him over like Amy apparently did. It's very sad.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Jul 23rd 2011, 9:52 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(ohiogal @ Jul 23rd 2011, 10:48 PM) *

Was the Amy Winehouse thread moved to somewhere else, or just deleted? When I clicked on the link I got a message that the link was broken.

To keep this on-topic...I'm glad that while Adam's experimented, he never let drugs take him over like Amy apparently did. It's very sad.

It somehow got shut down completely. Usually when it's "moved" when you click on the link, it takes you to wherever it's been moved to. That one however was totally 'broken'.

I agree and I think that Adam has now matured a lot and wants to make sure that his career stays on course.

But as I said earlier, those poor parents! You raise your kids through all the dangerous years and then they are adults and you figure everything is good now and then this kind of tragedy happens.

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Jul 23rd 2011, 9:57 PM
Post #17

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jul 23rd 2011, 10:52 PM) *

It somehow got shut down completely. Usually when it's "moved" when you click on the link, it takes you to wherever it's been moved to. That one however was totally 'broken'.

I agree and I think that Adam has now matured a lot and wants to make sure that his career stays on course.

But as I said earlier, those poor parents! You raise your kids through all the dangerous years and then they are adults and you figure everything is good now and then this kind of tragedy happens.

It's been merged with the Amy Winehouse thread in the "music" forum.

Adam-related: I, too, am glad that Adam never got himself in deep trouble with drugs & alcohol like Amy did.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
swflaboy
post Jul 23rd 2011, 10:04 PM
Post #18

God bless Amy! She was fresh and unique. She will be missed.

And for the Adam hook, he is over 27yo.....just sayin.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stardust1213
post Jul 23rd 2011, 10:16 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Jul 23rd 2011, 6:23 PM) *

On world news tonight they mentioned that Amy's dad had already written a eulogy for his daughter before this happened. He knew the path his daughter was headed down.... So sad... sad.gif

I worried about the drugs, the booze, burning man and zodiac show aspects of Adam's life also. So many young talented artists fall into this seemingly exciting life style and unfortunately don't know when to separate a fun time once in awhile to letting it consume them altogether.

So happy Adam has found success his way and has kept his family and friends close. Adam aint no dummy!! Like he said..... I plan...I create....I love!!! wub.gif OK Adam.... we're waiting for that creation!!! Otherwise known as Album 2!! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
swflaboy
post Jul 23rd 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(stardust1213 @ Jul 23rd 2011, 11:16 PM) *

On world news tonight they mentioned that Amy's dad had already written a eulogy for his daughter before this happened. He knew the path his daughter was headed down.... So sad... sad.gif

I worried about the drugs, the booze, burning man and zodiac show aspects of Adam's life also. So many young talented artists fall into this seemingly exciting life style and unfortunately don't know when to separate a fun time once in awhile to letting it consume them altogether.

So happy Adam has found success his way and has kept his family and friends close. Adam aint no dummy!! Like he said..... I plan...I create....I love!!! wub.gif OK Adam.... we're waiting for that creation!!! Otherwise known as Album 2!! grin.gif

I hear you. huggy.gif

But I think Adam has a handle on it and plenty of experience to navigate the land mines. Really. Don't worry.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

437 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Jul 22nd 2014, 8:24 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol