Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Terrorist attack in Oslo, Norway, More than 80 people killed
Famousgrl
post Jul 22nd 2011, 9:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

IPB Image

Oslo, Norway: Explosion Shatters Government Buildings, Utoya Island Shooting

OSLO - A home-grown terrorist set off an explosion that ripped open buildings in the heart of Norway's government Friday, then went to a summer camp dressed as a police officer and gunned down youths as they ran and even swam for their lives, police said Friday.

The attacks killed at least 16 people in this peaceful nation's worst violence since World War II.

A police official said the 32-year-old ethnic Norwegian suspect arrested at the camp on Utoya island appears to have acted alone in both attacks, and that "it seems like that this is not linked to any international terrorist organizations at all." The official spoke on condition of anonymity because that information had not been officially released by Norway's police.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/07/22/os...orway_Explosion

Crazy how it can happen anywhere.

This is the suspect:

IPB Image

Anders Behring Breivik Identified As Suspect In Norway Shooting

The 32-year-old Norwegian man who allegedly went on a shooting spree on the island of Utoya has been identified as Anders Behring Breivik, according to multiple reports.

The Daily Mail and Sky News were among those to report the suspect's name. According to witnesses, the gunman was dressed as a police officer and gunned down young people as they ran for their lives at a youth camp.

Police said Friday evening that they've linked the youth camp shooting and Oslo bombing. Breivik is believed to have acted alone.

Norwegian TV2 reports that Breivik belongs to "ring-wing circles" in Oslo. Swedish news site Expressen adds that he has been known to write to right-wing forums in Norway, is a self-described nationalist and has also written a number of posts critical of Islam.

A Twitter account for Breivik has surfaced, though it only has one post, this quote from philosopher John Stuart Mill: "One person with a belief is equal to the force of 100 000 who have only interests." The tweet was posted on July 17.

On a Facebook account that Norwegian media outlets have attributed to Breivik, he describes himself as having Christian, conservative views. He says he enjoys hunting, the games World of Warcraft and Modern Warfare 2, and lives in Oslo. He also lists political analysis and stock analysis as interests.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/22/a...d_n_907513.html

I am posting the pic of the suspect because some of the comments on Huffingtonpost are funny:
He's part of the terrorist group led by Abercrombi­e & Fitch.

The new face of terror looks like some guy who sold you a couch at Ikea.

Wow a j crew model who is also a terrorist...that­'s a new one..

He looks like somebody Fox News would hire to read their propaganda­.

Right Wingers are still hoping that he acted with friends. They are willing to accept tanned Spaniards, in a pinch.

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Jul 22nd 2011, 9:32 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 22nd 2011, 9:12 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Famousgrl
post Jul 22nd 2011, 9:22 PM
Post #2

OMG! He's not brown!

Herman Cain is confused.

I'm sure it's only matter of time before sarah claims that she is the real victim of this tragedy.

When Malibu Ken goes bad.

They're now saying that the death toll has now risen to more than 80. sad.gif Could a mod change the sub-title, please?

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Jul 22nd 2011, 9:33 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
Weedy Speedy
post Jul 22nd 2011, 9:23 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI11: Elise Testone
Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

The Abercrombie & Fitch quote made me lol irl.

But in all seriousness I heard about this earlier today, terrible. Good to see the suspect has been caught.

--------------------
QUOTE(huh @ Mar 20th 2014, 11:13 PM) *
Clearly they should can that and just have One Direction Night instead.
+Quote Post
*Kiki*
post Jul 23rd 2011, 4:12 AM
Post #4

crying.gif
84 killed on Utřya. 7 in the capital. My heart is bleeding for my Norwegian brothers and sisters.

--------------------

I'm beautiful in my way
'Cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way

JOSH GROBAN

9/18/2011

5/28/2013

+Quote Post
Kelly/CarrieMyAI
post Jul 23rd 2011, 5:18 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

Terrible. Shooter had half an hour to shoot whoever he wants. I have no idea why there was no security in this kinda event, on isolated island.

--------------------
+Quote Post
pnkrngrwnnb
post Jul 23rd 2011, 8:34 AM
Post #6

Fav. Fandom: Channel Awesome

fear2.gif pinch.gif crying.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Kiki*
post Jul 23rd 2011, 11:16 AM
Post #7

The death toll is now 98 crying.gif

--------------------

I'm beautiful in my way
I was born this way

JOSH GROBAN

9/18/2011

5/28/2013

+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jul 23rd 2011, 11:32 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(Kelly/CarrieMyAI @ Jul 23rd 2011, 6:18 AM) *

Terrible. Shooter had half an hour to shoot whoever he wants. I have no idea why there was no security in this kinda event, on isolated island.

Apparently people there are just really not used to violence. I read that even the prime minister of Norway doesn't have security.

It really is amazing how one thing can totally effect perceptions. Imagine this was a Muslim who did this? How much it'd change Norwegians' way of thinking? It really just goes to show you how the world tends to overreact. Why did we become so freakin' insane after 9/11, but were just fine after the Oklahoma City bombing? Didn't change our way of life at all. Hmmm...

I'm glad for the immigrant population in Norway that it was a native Norwegian. I can't imagine the type of crap and changes of lifestyle they'd be having to deal with if that weren't the case.

QUOTE(*Kiki* @ Jul 23rd 2011, 12:16 PM) *

The death toll is now 98 crying.gif

crying.gif

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Jul 23rd 2011, 2:22 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jul 23rd 2011, 11:40 AM
Post #9

Btw, I know some people found it hard to believe that a truck bomb could do the damage to the Oklahoma City building that it did....well, watch this video. Fast forward to the 27 mark:

Look how intense that truck blast is. My God.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jul 23rd 2011, 11:46 AM
Post #10

Here is a pic from the massacre in Norway:

IPB Image

sad.gif

Also, apparently because he was dressed like a police officer, he tried to convince some of the kids that he was there to help them. Then he shot them. sad.gif

Could you imagine desperately trying to swim for your life? sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jul 23rd 2011, 5:29 PM
Post #11

Norway attacker posted YouTube 'manifesto' before assault

IPB Image

Norwegian flags were flying at half mast on Saturday, as the country grapples with the aftermath of one of the worst attrocities in its recent history. At least 92 people were killed in twin attacks on government buildings in Oslo city centre and a retreat on the island Utřya. An explosion rocked downtown Oslo on Friday afternoon, near the prime minister’s office and the oil ministry killing seven people. Norway’s prime minister Jens Stoltenberg was unharmed. A gunman later attacked civilians at a youth summer camp run by the ruling Labour Party, on the nearby Utřya island. Oslo police said early Saturday morning that at least 85 people, including children, have been confirmed dead in the second attack. Dozens more were injured. The two attacks have been linked by police and a man, identified as Norwegian, was arrested on terror charges. A live stream from Norwegian TV can be seen here.

TV2 Norway have said that the video below, uploaded on July 22, contains what could be a manifesto for the Norwegian suspect Anders Behring Breivik. Below it is the document manifesto, running to over 1,500 pages, that is said to go with the video. The YouTube user “BerwickAndrew” appears to be an anglicised version of Breivik’s own name.

PLEASE NOTE: The video and document contain content that is extremely racist.

Here is a link to the video, but be advised it does contain racist language.

http://storyful.com/stories/1000005656

Here is the video:

Also, this site has some of the killer's online postings. He sounds a lot like one of our old friends, doesn't he?
http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/07/an...online-comments

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jul 23rd 2011, 6:14 PM
Post #12

The Prime Minister of Norway said "our answer is more democracy, more openness to show that we will not be stopped by this kind of violence."

I believe he said this before he even knew who the attacker was, or what his sympathies were.

As Maher points out, our reaction here would be so the opposite. Could you imagine how most (primarily Republican) leaders here would react?

I love the leader in Norway's attitude. He's not gonna let the country turn into one of fear, let alone try to capitalize on that fear.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bumnummies
post Jul 23rd 2011, 10:18 PM
Post #13

Group: Blend Artists

QUOTE(Kelly/CarrieMyAI @ Jul 23rd 2011, 6:18 AM) *

Because Norway has no history of violence. Crime is incredibly low in the country. It's actually a really great country in terms of how it treats it's people.

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Jul 23rd 2011, 7:14 PM) *

The Prime Minister of Norway said "our answer is more democracy, more openness to show that we will not be stopped by this kind of violence."

I believe he said this before he even knew who the attacker was, or what his sympathies were.

As Maher points out, our reaction here would be so the opposite. Could you imagine how most (primarily Republican) leaders here would react?

I love the leader in Norway's attitude. He's not gonna let the country turn into one of fear, let alone try to capitalize on that fear.

Yeah, Bin Laden is rolling in his watery grave because in the end, he got what he want out of the US. He instilled FEAR into the US... so much fear... it was all part of his plan. My dad said (look for a source of your own...) that he thinks one of the things Bin Laden also wanted was to make the US broke. Also, mission accomplished. pinch.gif

--------------------
MY NAME IS JENN. | COME VISIT ME ON TUMBLR OK? | or TWITTER | VERSION: COLCHELE.
IPB Image
| GLEE: Rachel. Kurt. Blaine. Tina. Santana. Sam. Brittany. And Everyone Else. :) | OH and I make stuff: REDBUBBLE |
+Quote Post
Kelly/CarrieMyAI
post Jul 24th 2011, 6:03 AM
Post #14

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood

QUOTE(bumnummies @ Jul 24th 2011, 6:18 AM) *

Because Norway has no history of violence. Crime is incredibly low in the country. It's actually a really great country in terms of how it treats it's people.

I understand that. But was there even a security guy if some of 600 people get into the fight or something? I think it would be just minimal measures of precaution. Well, nothing we can do now no.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
*Kiki*
post Jul 24th 2011, 8:15 AM
Post #15

Now they have arrested 6 more people, they believe have something to do with the bomb

--------------------

I'm beautiful in my way
I was born this way

JOSH GROBAN

9/18/2011

5/28/2013

+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jul 24th 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(*Kiki* @ Jul 24th 2011, 9:15 AM) *

Now they have arrested 6 more people, they believe have something to do with the bomb

Most likely they are members of the group listed here:

Courtesy of the Foreign Policy blog:

I have just finished reading through what appears to be the 1,518-page manifesto and handbook of the alleged perpetrator of the worst terrorist attack in Norwegian history.

The manifesto, bylined by someone calling himself Andrew Berwick, is entitled "2083: A European Declaration of Independence" and was posted on Stormfront.org, a white supremacist website, and discovered by American blogger Kevin I. Slaughter. [UPDATE: Norwegian TV has confirmed that the author is indeed the Oslo shooter, according to the New York Times.]

In it, "Berwick" declares himself a "Justiciar Knight Commander," a leading member of a "re-founded" Knights Templar group formed at an April 2002 meeting in London. He claims the founding group has 9 members, whom he does not name, and that three other sympathizers were not able to attend the original meeting.

"Our purpose," the document reads, is to "seize political and military control of Western European countries and implement a cultural conservative political agenda."

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/0...slo_killer_want

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
poopooface
post Jul 26th 2011, 8:29 PM
Post #17

Hello, I used to lurk here occasionally, mostly to read the spin from the infamous ColonelKlink. Hearing about the news from Norway and how the terrorist was an anti-Islam, anti-multiculturalism guy made me think of this sub-forum and, specifically, of Klink. Anyway, so I came back to see how Klink was spinning the latest news but it seems like he's no longer active here. I know this is a little bit off-topic (don't get me wrong, I don't think Klink is a terrorist sympathizer) but does anyone know what happened to him? Did he just lose interest and fade away or something?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jul 26th 2011, 8:36 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(poopooface @ Jul 26th 2011, 9:29 PM) *

Hello, I used to lurk here occasionally, mostly to read the spin from the infamous ColonelKlink. Hearing about the news from Norway and how the terrorist was an anti-Islam, anti-multiculturalism guy made me think of this sub-forum and, specifically, of Klink. Anyway, so I came back to see how Klink was spinning the latest news but it seems like he's no longer active here. I know this is a little bit off-topic (don't get me wrong, I don't think Klink is a terrorist sympathizer) but does anyone know what happened to him? Did he just lose interest and fade away or something?

One of the other poster's outed him as posting his annoying diatribes on another board as well. My theory is that he disappeared for fear that some of his most heinous posts on other boards would surface.

If Palin runs, though, I'd bet money that he won't be able to stay away, despite his fear of getting further exposed. He's got to sell her with all that he's worth. Won't be able to resist.

If he's actually sick or something, then I wish him well. flowers.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bumnummies
post Jul 26th 2011, 8:40 PM
Post #19

Group: Blend Artists

QUOTE(poopooface @ Jul 26th 2011, 9:29 PM) *

I actually PM'd a mod once to find out if someone had finally banned him haha.gif But it appears that either he left on his own accord or, something unfortunate happened to him. Like Liz said though, it's probably because someone outed him. yes.gif Good riddance.

--------------------
MY NAME IS JENN. | COME VISIT ME ON TUMBLR OK? | or TWITTER | VERSION: COLCHELE.
IPB Image
| GLEE: Rachel. Kurt. Blaine. Tina. Santana. Sam. Brittany. And Everyone Else. :) | OH and I make stuff: REDBUBBLE |
+Quote Post
Famousgrl
post Jul 26th 2011, 8:41 PM
Post #20

Or maybe he really is this dude, and he had to disappear because he was devoting all of his time to the planning. haha.gif Long ago, I told Stormy that I was almost certain that CK wasn't actually from America. If he is this dude, that would certainly confirm that thought of mine.

FYI, CK, Americans don't say "I go to university..." they say "I go to college." Even if they're going to a university...

wink.gif

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Jul 26th 2011, 8:41 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Apr 18th 2014, 5:37 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol