Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Thia has no personality
ATassone1025
post Jul 1st 2011, 1:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

People do not get mad, but everytime she does interviews and press she seems very quiet and does not have fun like everyone else.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 1st 2011, 1:20 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

rhorick
post Jul 1st 2011, 2:09 PM
Post #2

I don't think she's shy. I think the better word is reserved. She seems like a thinker and wants her answers to be spot on. NOT sure starting this kind of thread in her fan forum is good though.

My daughter explained it as she was taught from early age how to portray herself with intelligence and poise. I guess that makes sense. It comes off boring to some as it did me. To others, not. My daughter saw it different. I think the other Idols having a large goofing off factor makes Thia seem too reserved. I'm not her fan but I wouldn't want to see a thread like this in Scotty forum. It would make me come to his defense fast.

--------------------
IPB Image
God is good all the time. All the time, God is good. thanks youhaveiloved
+Quote Post
xxliveyourlifexx
post Jul 1st 2011, 7:03 PM
Post #3

Lol, wow.

She doesn't have that in your face kind of personality that many of the contestants possess this year, but she has a personality. Everyone does. There is nothing wrong with being introverted and reserved. She's a 16 year old girl about to spend the summer touring the country with 10 of her close friends, and none of us are in her head, so I don't see how you can say "She's not having fun" as if it's a fact. I find her to be pretty endearing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
lynt
post Jul 1st 2011, 8:39 PM
Post #4

some people clams up when in public or being put on a spot ( i do, too. even at my age now). but it doesn't mean they lack personalities....

thia may not be as fun to watch in interviews like the others but she comes off to me always as an intelligent and mature for her age young lady. very gracious, too. which i find more appealing...... she gives interesting view points in her individual interviews that have lasting impression on me more than the fun to watch ones.

This post has been edited by lynt: Jul 1st 2011, 9:03 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tiff19
post Jul 2nd 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #5

Fav. AI2: Clay Aiken
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

I think she is classy.

I like Thia and always have. Nice girl and great voice.

This post has been edited by Tiff19: Jul 2nd 2011, 12:53 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jul 2nd 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

She is quiet yes.gif But she does have a personality. I personally find her to be quite cute off of the show. On the show she seemed timid and kind of boring. In interviews now she just seems like a 16 (?) year old girl. I think it's nice. A huge personality like say....Haley or Casey wouldn't suit Thia.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
**nath2**
post Jul 2nd 2011, 12:57 AM
Post #7

Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. Fav Bank: Coldplay

thia has been amazing.. i like everything about her. specially her attitude.. and how i wish teenagers now a days should be like her laughing.gif . . if u know what i mean... very humble kid...

--------------------
+Quote Post
knicknacks_didi
post Jul 2nd 2011, 5:15 AM
Post #8

Fav. AI9: Didi Benami
Fav. AI10: Thia Megia
Fav. DidI BeNaMi FoReVer!

angry.gif wow! ur saying our THIA has no personality..
and ur saying don't get mad at u? haha.. duh! ermm.gif

hmm, i just want to quote ryan seacrest here...

"Thia, one of our youngest and most poised contestant"

well, she's not just ur ordinary 16 y/o teen.

This post has been edited by knicknacks_didi: Jul 2nd 2011, 5:22 AM

--------------------
i love DIDI BENAMI and Thia Megia

The Lovely Thia Megia Tumblr :)
SCOTHIA Tumblr
Scotty McCreery and Thia Megia Fans (ScoThia Shippers) Facebook
teamScothia Twitter :)
Didi Lovers (PHILIPPINES) <3 Page on Facebook (for Didi's FILIPINO Fans)

Smize= Smiling with your eyes.
She loves him more than he would ever know.
He loves her more than he would ever show.
+Quote Post
mariel91
post Jul 2nd 2011, 5:44 AM
Post #9

Fav. A10: Scotty McCreery

Everyone has personality original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
I LOVE YOU SCOTTY MCCREERY
+Quote Post
joyb5321
post Jul 2nd 2011, 10:27 AM
Post #10

QUOTE(ATassone1025 @ Jul 1st 2011, 1:20 PM) *

People do not get mad, but everytime she does interviews and press she seems very quiet and does not have fun like everyone else.

To put this on a Thia fan thread and name the thread negatively against her...what can make that out of you? Everyone throw this guy tomatoes.

I'm not really a fan. I'm a solid McCreerian. But because she's Scotty's buddy (a more reserved buddy, because Lauren is exactly the opposite) I do liked her from that time on.

All people have personalities. And Thia, is the reserved type. When all peeps goof around, she's the pacifier. When she speaks, she get everyone's attention. When a quiet person speaks, everyone lends their ears. Calm waters run deep.

I think you should watch more of her live interviews. She answers intelligently and with maturity.

The Live Chat, the interviews by Lyndsey Parker (Yahoo! Music), Shirley Harpelin (THR), BOP and other media reps were all done in 1 day in that secret bunker. So every AI idol were really tired and so they just goof around. Perhaps Thia, not the goofing type, just kept quiet because she's really exhausted. Let's give her a chance on the 3rd #idolslive chat during the tour.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jorockz
post Jul 2nd 2011, 5:24 PM
Post #11

I'm a teenager and i understand the way Thia acts, says, and thinks..I disagree with this thread. i think she's very lovely. i downloaded a lot of videos on american idol interviews, and i usually replay those videos of thia. i find it fun listening on what she says. that just means, i enjoy watching her. i like her personality, so feminine, demure, etc... a very good example for us teenagers.

i hope you will make a positive thread next time..^__^

--------------------
+Quote Post
jorockz
post Jul 2nd 2011, 5:32 PM
Post #12

Personality is the particular combination of emotional, attitudinal, and behavioral response patterns of an individual.

i searched PERSONALITY definition...

everyone has it's unique personality....we all have personality!

let's all move on, and forget this!

--------------------
+Quote Post
iluvsm
post Jul 2nd 2011, 8:03 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(ATassone1025 @ Jul 1st 2011, 2:20 PM) *

And of course the reasons stated above according to you is because she doesn't have a personality. What absolute hog wash.

Every person on God's green earth has a personality. Some are quiet, some are loud and abnoxious and some are really pleasant all the time.

Do not for one second believe that because of Thia's quiet demeanor that she's lacking a personality. Underneath that demeanor is a quite strong willed, determined, respectful, poised, intelligent, pretty and mature teenager. A great role model for all young ladies today.

Instead of demeaning her why don't you try and lift her up. All young people today needs love, encouragement and the belief that they can acheive their hearts desire.

As joyb5321 stated above watch all her interview videos. But not just the interviews, watch the home made videos she's singing in on you-tube. She's extremely talented and will go far.

Remember "Empty Barrels Make The Most Noise" and "Still Waters Run Deep". I wonder which one fits Thia more?

This post has been edited by iluvsm: Jul 2nd 2011, 8:05 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
phoebe_mac
post Jul 3rd 2011, 1:26 PM
Post #14

LOL at no personality. Everyone has personality. Some are just more outgoing while others are more reserved.

However as someone who's trying to make it in the entertainment business, Thia needs to improve on her on-cam presence. With all the big-out-there personalities in AI, she tends to fade in the background. I am not saying she needs to be disruptive and loud like the others. I just wished she can be heard more. And as I said she's trying to make it in the entertainment business, so she needs to entertain (read: keep people interested and engaged) so they'll continue to follow her.

I have posted this in Scotty's forum but I am posting this here again. These are the points in the Live Chat that I think Thia needs to improve on:
- her voice is too quiet/ soft. She must learn to project it out louder and more alive sounding. She made fun of Scotty's performance mannerisms but since she can't be heard with everyone talking, maybe not everyone who watched the video noticed. Even in her interview with Stefano and Haley. She made some joke of pretending to be angry with Haley but you cannot hear it clearly.
- she gave long winded answers. As somebody here pointed out that maybe she's just too tired that day. Maybe that's the case since her answers in Yahoo! Music video just went round and round and round. She must learn to give witty, concise answers every time. Maybe not always witty but should always be direct to the point. That way people will not be bored waiting for her to finish answering one question. Also, more topics will be covered since interviews are done within specific time constraints.
- she started and peppered her answers with "Ummmm". That's like a dead air on radio. With the lifestyle she chose, she must learn to think fast on her feet because, hopefully, she'll be interviewed a thousand times after that.
- she can use a bit more of humor. I know she can be funny (she made fun of Scotty... a possible Scothia moment wasted) but her answers are always too proper all the time. I am not saying I want her to be rude, no. I want her to be more interesting by showing to people that there's a silly, funny side to her.Take Scotty. In interviews Scotty can be serious and proper but he can also be very funny and playful. And he does it in a way where no one will even think he's being disrespectful. That's why I am excited when I watch Scotty interviews for new tidbit about him I'll learn or funny antic he will do. I liked it when Thia hammed it up for the camera at the end of the interview.

Please note that I like Thia. I am a die-hard Scothia shipper. And I support her and even praying she'll be the next Kim. So these constructive criticisms are all from a fan who wants her to continuously improve and wishes nothing but best for her.

I agree that we must point out positive. But I also want her to have a successful and long musical career because she is really talented. So if making her aware of the things she needs to work on will make her closer to her dream, then here's me helping her out.

--------------------
You'll be my sugar, Scotty. I'll be your sweet iced tea.
+Quote Post
huh
post Jul 3rd 2011, 1:27 PM
Post #15

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. CI6: Earl Stevenson

QUOTE(Tiff19 @ Jul 1st 2011, 11:51 PM) *

I think she is classy.

I like Thia and always have. Nice girl and great voice.

Exactly, lol just because she isn't precocious doesn't mean she doesn't have a personality. I think her maturity is actually charming in a sense due to how old she actually is.

--------------------
A113: Johnson. Preston. Watson. Meuse. Rose
last.fm|Rest In Peace Gary
+Quote Post
skylight1219
post Jul 3rd 2011, 3:30 PM
Post #16

Thia can belt out a song with the best of them, and more so than some of them, but, she needs to be more assertive in her interviews. I think she's afraid of saying the wrong thing. And, another point to remember, and I can say this because my daughter-in-law is Oriental, they do tend to be more reserved with their personalities, but, it doesn't mean they don't have one. Its the way they were brought up. She is the youngest of the group, and hopefully, will come out of her shell as she matures. I watched a video of her earlier today when she was 12 years old and sang the SSB. That girl can sing, and she was all happy and giggly when she finished. That's the Thia I want to see more of.

--------------------
+Quote Post
soulwarden
post Jul 6th 2011, 2:54 PM
Post #17

I think she just needs a little more experience in dealing with the public. She IS just 16 years old.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Redenator
post Jul 6th 2011, 4:39 PM
Post #18

Fav. Bradbery

Even a car has personality, come on.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Castronovo---------------------James--------------------------Spangler
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
anonymous052280
post Sep 16th 2011, 12:24 AM
Post #19

Best explanation was from the daughter of rhorick. Sorry,there's something wrong with my internet connection. I tried quoting you but failed thrice. But you have a smart daughter original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Oct 20th 2014, 4:46 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol