Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Former Australian Idol judge Jay Dee Springbett found dead
SuzieWasRobbed
post Jun 30th 2011, 8:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. CI3: Ashley Leitao
Fav. TV4: Sarah Simmons

Just randomly googled Australian Idol and found this. shocked.gif

Former Australian Idol judge Jay Dee Springbett found dead

Former Australian Idol judge Jay Dee Springbett has been found dead at his home in Sydney.

The 36-year-old was discovered after paramedics were called to reports of a suspected heart attack.

He was found unconscious in his apartment in eastern Sydney about 3.30pm yesterday, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.

His death is not being treated as suspicious by New South Wales police.

Sony boss Denis Handlin told a local radio show that he became concerned for Springbett's welfare when he failed to answer his phone.

He said: 'We thought we better let the police know because it's really not like him and then of course they went to his residence and found him.'

'It's just so difficult coming to terms with it.'

Springbett was the Senior Director of A&R for Sony Records, and was experienced developing talent in the UK and Australia after 2004.

Former Australian idol host Andrew Gunsberg wrote of his shock on Twitter. He said: 'I'm completely sidelined by the news of Jay Dee Springbett's death. 'My deepest thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues.'

English-born Springbett shot to fame when he took over from Kyle Sandilands as judge on the talent show in 2009.

On his MySpace page, Springbett describes music as the spirit of life and wrote: 'Surprise me people!! Anyone need not apply, no one who wants to be a popstar or famous should even bother submitting material.'

He has worked with big names including Rogue Traders, Jessica Mauboy, Karnivool, and Cassie Davis among others.

A spokesman for Channel Ten sent their condolences to Springbett's family and said in a statement: 'Jay Dee was an asset to the final season of Australian Idol, we feel honoured to have worked with him.'

Has two children with his partner, fashion publicist Louisa McCole.

I didn't care for him at idol, but that's sad at such a young age! sad.gif Condolences to his family.

--------------------
.....credit: this person........................................rip gary fan. beloved reduxer and friend to all.
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 30th 2011, 8:32 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

mal_idol
post Jul 2nd 2011, 11:37 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI12: Candice Glover
Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. XF9:Joseph Whelan

That's so sad. He went really young crying.gif

Condolenses to his family and friends

This post has been edited by mal_idol: Jul 3rd 2011, 1:02 AM

--------------------
XFOZ-Reigan.XOX.Dean. XFUK-Ben.Fleur.Stephanie.Jake.Paul.BoyBand.Andrea
TVUS-Allison.JamesDavid.TaylorB.Anita.JohnM.Jonathan.Rebekah
IPB Image
+Quote Post
miss denise
post Jul 3rd 2011, 12:46 AM
Post #3

Idolforums' Sweet Teen
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Omg I just googled Australian Idol and saw this too. crying.gif I came here to see if it had been posted. Wow, I can't believe it. sad.gif He really was so young. Best wishes to his family.. wow, I'm just shocked. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
♥ It's always a good time ♥ go seahawks ♥ avatar antm21: adam. ben. kari. keith. lenox.
matthew. shei. will. ♥ dwts19: alfonso/witney. bethany/derek. janel/val. sadie/mark. ♥
txf11: andrea. ben. fleur. jay. lauren. only the young. paul. stereo kicks. ♥
+Quote Post
*Wallace
post Jul 3rd 2011, 12:46 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. SYTYCD2: Allison Holker
Fav. SYTYCD4: Courtney Galiano
Fav. Singer: Beyoncé

OMGG wow, that is really sad and tragic. crying.gif Such a young age and I'm sadden and shocked by this. Sending my condolences to his family. sad.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
dwts19: alfonso/witney. janel/val. bethany/derek. sadie/mark. lea/artem. jonathan/allison. | xfuk11: fleur. ben. paul. onlytheyoung. stereokicks. lauren. andrea. | scd12: pixie/trent. frankie/kevin. simon/kristina. caroline/pasha. mark/karen. jake/janette. sunetra/brendan. | surv29: natalie. jeremy. jaclyn. jon. missy. baylor. | tar25: adam/bethany. shelley/nici. brooke/robbie. kym/alli. | antm21: lenox. will. shei. keith. ben. raelia. matthew. kari. | tv7: chris. anita. luke. damian. reagan. | dwtsau14: ricki-lee/jarryd. | Av Credit
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Apothecary
post Jul 3rd 2011, 2:26 AM
Post #5

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCD5: Jeanine Mason
Fav. XFAU: Samantha Jade

I saw this on the news the other night. sad.gif I also read an article today that said he may have had a history of heart problems which may have contributed to his death. Condolences to his family, especially his two young daughters sad.gif

This post has been edited by Apothecary: Jul 3rd 2011, 2:27 AM

--------------------
The X Factor AU: Reigan Dean XOX Adrien
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
av+sig | Instagram: wendice27
+Quote Post
Prinia
post Jul 4th 2011, 6:33 AM
Post #6

had no idea he was that young! 36? His poor family, feel so sorry for them.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 28th 2014, 1:54 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol