Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

14 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Michele Bachmann Discussion, Not a fan thread, but for both sides to discuss her issues.
Famousgrl
post Jun 28th 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

Was this part of the original clip I saw? I dunno, but it's proving my damn point!

Wouldn't someone whose entire mythology is based on being an "energy expert" get something like that correct?

Ahh, here's part of the clip I originally saw. The original clip was even more fuddy and babbly than this:

This person also makes a good point about one of Palin's emails that were released:

Shortly before McCain chose her, I asked Larry if Palin was as stupid as people were saying. (The notion was floating around a long time ago.) He said that if she had things written on a half-piece of paper, she could handle it.

One of the emails that showed me how out of touch she was, concerned a favorable comment that Bush had made about opening ANWR. Her staff had to "investigate" what Bush had said because they had a request from Channel 11 for a comment. Then they sent Palin a talking point. What kind of "energy expert" doesn't keep tabs on daily national news like that, and needs help with some bland platitude in response?

The kind who lies about being an "energy expert."

If you truly cared about these issues and worked hard on them, you'd know them like the back of your hand. And you'd keep up on the latest happenings. Especially when you're professing that to be your expertise.

k, 'tis all. original.gif

Edited to fix video.

Edited again to add that same clip that aired on CNN. lmao@the anchor trying to chose his words carefully, while stating the obvious.

"The McCain campaign has claimed that the Alaskan Governor is a leading expert on energy issues, but when asked a specific question from a friendly audience at a townhall in Michigan, Governor Palin gave what some consider to be a rather clumsy answer."

"Alright, not exactly easy to understand what she was saying..."

"She gave that answer that was rather clumsy and convoluted. Jessica, you heard her answer to that question, hard to understand...there were some nuggets in there..."

lmao.gif

This post has been edited by Famousgrl: Jun 28th 2011, 10:53 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 28th 2011, 10:27 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Famousgrl
post Jun 28th 2011, 10:32 PM
Post #42

Fav. AI1: Tamyra Gray
Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. SYTYCD EVAH: Travis. AI7:Johns

QUOTE(Steven @ Jun 28th 2011, 11:22 PM) *

Speaking of Palin, she said she is still making a decision. unsure.gif

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1029359756001

According to Bristol, her mother knows if she will run or not.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington...istol-says.html

She will run, but she's afraid to run. She will wait until after the next debate. Then she will only have to do two debates.

She doesn't want to actually do the campaigning and having to be interviewed, etc., etc. She's scared to death of getting exposed, and it's why she's doing this dance and stalling. However, her ego will not allow her not to run. Especially with Bachmann now taking her place. She ain't havin' that!

Don't be surprised if she ends up quitting, though. haha.gif

Anyway, Bristol talked about how great it'd be if her mother ran. That was just yesterday. I doubt she would have said that if she knew that her mother was not running.

--------------------
IPB Image
Set: Katie*iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiYes. we. can.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiObama IDF thread.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiKatie* is the bestest.
+Quote Post
xxnatalalaliee
post Jul 3rd 2011, 6:49 PM
Post #43

Fav. AI7: David Archuleta

Really? At this point, she's the one I want to vote for.

--------------------

"David Archuleta is going to put a smile on your face, I don't care how upset you are." -Kris Allen
+Quote Post
Steven
post Jul 5th 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #44

Plant your hope with good seeds
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI13: Jena Irene
Fav. Team: The Yankees

QUOTE(xxnatalalaliee @ Jul 3rd 2011, 6:49 PM) *

Really? At this point, she's the one I want to vote for.

Not me. Her facts are always wrong and she says the wildest most untrue things. She's either a pathological liar, or just dumb. This woman is no John McCain, who was actually a decent Republican who would be a leader. I wouldn't trust this woman giving me directions to McDonalds; yet alone giving the the American people directions on how to live their lives.

QUOTE(Famousgrl @ Jun 28th 2011, 10:32 PM) *

She will run, but she's afraid to run. She will wait until after the next debate. Then she will only have to do two debates.

She doesn't want to actually do the campaigning and having to be interviewed, etc., etc. She's scared to death of getting exposed, and it's why she's doing this dance and stalling. However, her ego will not allow her not to run. Especially with Bachmann now taking her place. She ain't havin' that!

Don't be surprised if she ends up quitting, though. haha.gif

Anyway, Bristol talked about how great it'd be if her mother ran. That was just yesterday. I doubt she would have said that if she knew that her mother was not running.

I do think she is a bit nervous to run, but at the same time if you were her wouldn't you be? fear.gif The girl is like a steak and the country is pit bulls when she comes out.

I do think she's skipping out on the early debates. This reason, she really doesn't need the exposure. The entire country knows who she is, and it would be silly for her to enter this early.

sad.gif tongue.gif

Yeah, that's actually really true.

--------------------
Teams: Yankees, Devils, Giants || Music: A7X, Mumford & Sons, Springsteen, Bruno Mars, Drake || Budlime IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
IPB Image Icons: Yankees, Hunger Games, French Fries, Jennifer Lawrence, Pokemon || AI12: Angie, Kree, Amber, JanelleIPB Image
+Quote Post
Steven
post Jul 5th 2011, 1:11 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-07-03/politic...?_s=PM:POLITICS

Some nerve! noexpression.gif I'll admit I LOL'ed at first because I've never heard a candidate say something like this before. Good luck beating Obama, because it's not going to happen, and if you do it wont be from my vote.

--------------------
Teams: Yankees, Devils, Giants || Music: A7X, Mumford & Sons, Springsteen, Bruno Mars, Drake || Budlime IPB Image
IPB Image Icons: Yankees, Hunger Games, French Fries, Jennifer Lawrence, Pokemon || AI12: Angie, Kree, Amber, JanelleIPB Image
+Quote Post
Steven
post Jul 5th 2011, 1:31 AM
Post #46

Group Icon

And the Liberal homosexuals sailed back to their gay countries lmao.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Steven
post Jul 5th 2011, 2:10 AM
Post #47

Group Icon

Intelligent design! She also says there are hundreds of scientists who are noble winners that believe in intelligent design. WTF?

--------------------
+Quote Post
chrisnelson
post Jul 5th 2011, 10:41 AM
Post #48

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. AI9: Ben

There have always been those who say that a woman could never be president, a sentiment I don't agree with. However, this woman and Palin sure as hell make it a difficult assessment to prove otherwise.

--------------------
IPB Image
credit: Allison/AVI:Ashleigh AI9: Crystal/Alex/Katelyn - Some things never change, for instance, the Adam Lambert forum remains the scariest place on earth.
+Quote Post
ionlywantu2stay
post Jul 5th 2011, 4:22 PM
Post #49

Fav. AI9: They all suck

QUOTE(Steven @ Jun 26th 2011, 2:11 PM) *

I just had to make a new topic for this. Some people on this site know me as a really down the middle Republican, but this woman is too extreme for me I believe. Yeah, I supported Palin, but Bachman IMO is way more extreme and it's scary. The way she talks and the way she is overall is too serious. I honestly believe that if it came down to Michele and Obama in the final vote I'd either not vote, or vote for Obama...

Lastly and least important, at least Sarah was charming, cute, and dare I say it likable. fear.gif Unless Bachmann cuts it out I don't think I could ever support her. She is very good at what she does though, and I believe she is a threat for the nomination.

Sarah needs to enter this race and shut her ass down already...

Agreed, I'm not a fan of hers either. I doubt she'll get the vote though, she's way too polarizing, and what the tea partiers fail to agree with is that no Republican candidate has ever won just by getting the votes of their own party. Candidates win by getting votes from both sides, not just an ultra-conservative fringe of the Republican party.

Honestly, if Palin and her both run, they will both lose by splitting the tea party vote. This isn't a bad thing IMO, since I think Palin is an inexperienced woman who is more of a GOP celeb than a leader worthy of the US Presidency (more so than Bachmann) and honestly, not much less extreme. Then there's a shot at getting a good candidate elected in the Republican primary (something that I really, really hope happens). Huntsman ftw.

This post has been edited by ionlywantu2stay: Jul 5th 2011, 10:41 PM

--------------------
Daddy daddy you came to love me!
+Quote Post
Dianafanz
post Jul 6th 2011, 11:17 AM
Post #50

Fav. AI4: Jessica Sierra
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Movie: How 2 Train Your Dragon

lol I am now i registered republican so I can vote for Bachman in the primaries. I find her hilarious personally....it would be a shame if the comedy train ended too soon. I want to see many a SNL skit with her as a main character.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Jul 6th 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #51

QUOTE(Dianafanz @ Jul 6th 2011, 9:17 AM) *

lol I am now i registered republican so I can vote for Bachman in the primaries. I find her hilarious personally....it would be a shame if the comedy train ended too soon. I want to see many a SNL skit with her as a main character.

Kristin Wiig's Bachmann is pretty spot on. And I liked when they said on Weekend Update: "...the founding fathers, who, according to Bachmann, worked tirelessly to end slavery. Apparantly, she spent high school history staring into the wrong board." lmao.gif

--------------------
I'm not superstitious... but I am a little stitious
+Quote Post
newarchiefan
post Jul 6th 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #52

Fav. Person: David Archuleta

QUOTE(Dianafanz @ Jul 6th 2011, 12:17 PM) *

LOL I bet a lot of Dems will vote for her in open primary states. She would be so destroyed if she won the nomination that she would be a gift to the Dems.

--------------------
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jul 7th 2011, 4:38 PM
Post #53

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

I hate the conservative mind-set so much. angry.gif It honestly makes my blood boil. devil.gif

Okay, now that I am calmer, look at these fools (Palin and Bachman) and compare them to Obama. Look at the intellectual differences, even the way they speak! laughing.gif Like come on! wacko.gif Who would you rather lead your country? And this is without even considering their positions on the important issues! tongue.gif

Conservatives find moving forward, change, progress etc... scary. They don't want their perfect little world to change. What they don't seem to understand is that the world isn't perfect for EVERYONE right now. wacko.gif

I agree that we need to keep our country's identity and keep our values, but we really need to make them equal for everyone. Saying "Merry Christmas" is something that is part of our nation's culture...and we shouldn't get pushed around by immigrants on those kinds of issues. However, on issues like healthcare, education, wealth distribution (the issues that REALLY matter), I am completely liberal. Why do we have a government if it can't get involved to make our country better? stuart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
katharinekatkat
post Jul 8th 2011, 2:52 PM
Post #54

Fav. AI 10: Haley Reinhart

QUOTE(chrisnelson @ Jul 5th 2011, 11:41 AM) *

There have always been those who say that a woman could never be president, a sentiment I don't agree with. However, this woman and Palin sure as hell make it a difficult assessment to prove otherwise.

Exactly. tongue.gif Just look at the way they speak in comparison to Obama. laughing.gif Palin and Bachman are really sub-par candidates and I would not trust them to run the most powerful country in the world. wacko.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
RWG
post Jul 8th 2011, 3:05 PM
Post #55

She's depriving some village of a good idiot.

--------------------
I'm not superstitious... but I am a little stitious
+Quote Post
RevRight
post Jul 8th 2011, 4:51 PM
Post #56

Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox

I don't think she can fulfill that promise. Obama's not qualified for any job.

tongue.gif

This post has been edited by RevRight: Jul 8th 2011, 4:51 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RevRight
post Jul 8th 2011, 4:58 PM
Post #57

Fav. AI9: Crystal Bowersox

QUOTE(RWG @ Jun 27th 2011, 4:54 AM) *

Palin/Bachmann 2012.

Like ^

--------------------
+Quote Post
DiFan
post Jul 8th 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #58

QUOTE(RevRight @ Jul 8th 2011, 4:51 PM) *

tongue.gif

roll.gif roll.gif roll.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Steven
post Jul 8th 2011, 11:56 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

QUOTE(RevRight @ Jul 8th 2011, 4:51 PM) *

tongue.gif

This did make me laugh. roll2.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Headphones
post Jul 9th 2011, 6:12 PM
Post #60

Fav. AI12: Lazaro Arbos

I love Michele Bachmann, but this:
QUOTE(Steven @ Jun 26th 2011, 2:11 PM) *
Sarah needs to enter this race and shut her ass down already...

Quoted for so much truth! Having said that, I would vote for whatever is on the opposite ticket over the monstrosity that is currently in office.

QUOTE(katharinekatkat @ Jul 7th 2011, 5:38 PM) *
I hate the conservative mind-set so much. angry.gif It honestly makes my blood boil. devil.gif

Funny, I tend to feel the same way about liberalism.

Okay, now that I am calmer, look at these fools (Palin and Bachman) and compare them to Obama. Look at the intellectual differences, even the way they speak! laughing.gif Like come on! wacko.gif Who would you rather lead your country? And this is without even considering their positions on the important issues! tongue.gif

Obama is simply a talking head for the left. Nothing more, nothing less. Have you ever heard him try to speak off-the-cuff?

Conservatives find moving forward, change, progress etc... scary. They don't want their perfect little world to change. What they don't seem to understand is that the world isn't perfect for EVERYONE right now. wacko.gif

It isn't our job to make the world perfect for everybody.

I agree that we need to keep our country's identity and keep our values, but we really need to make them equal for everyone. Saying "Merry Christmas" is something that is part of our nation's culture...and we shouldn't get pushed around by immigrants on those kinds of issues. However, on issues like healthcare, education, wealth distribution (the issues that REALLY matter), I am completely liberal. Why do we have a government if it can't get involved to make our country better? stuart.gif

But that's exactly the problem. Government involvement beyond its neccessary functions doesn't make things better, it just forces everybody to conform to a particular standard that IT gets to set. Not to mention more government means more government spending, which is a one way ticket to economic disaster.

--------------------
+Quote Post

14 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Sep 15th 2014, 9:59 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol