Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Graduation confirmed for season 3, THe kids will be leaving the cast after season 3.
AnnaBanana
post Jun 20th 2011, 4:27 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

I'm in the minority, but I don't care about the original cast. Most of the characters are self-centered and annoying, and I wouldn't mind having new characters with better personalities. I'm also sooooo tired of all the dating drama between these characters, and I hope there isn't as much of it with the new characters.

--------------------
~*Anna*~
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 20th 2011, 4:27 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Jordan-N-Torifan
post Jun 20th 2011, 5:10 PM
Post #22

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: Michael Johns
Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh

QUOTE(AnnaBanana @ Jun 20th 2011, 4:27 PM) *

I'm in the minority, but I don't care about the original cast. Most of the characters are self-centered and annoying, and I wouldn't mind having new characters with better personalities. I'm also sooooo tired of all the dating drama between these characters, and I hope there isn't as much of it with the new characters.

I'm going to miss the original cast but I do agree that this will give the writers a chance to start over and actually develop characters better. I just hope the new ones aren't knock offs of the ones now. I hope they're totally different.

--------------------

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
RIP Cory Monteith. | My Disney Tumblr.
+Quote Post
McPhever224
post Jun 20th 2011, 5:28 PM
Post #23

Fav. CI5: Carly Rae Jepsen
Fav. AI2: Carmen Rasmusen
Fav. AI7: Brooke White

I wish we had gotten to know some of the other contestants better such as Mike, Mercedes and even Brit.

--------------------
IPB Image
AI13: Kenzie, Jena, Jess, Kristen, Austin Emily, Briana, Sam, Briston Sig:**Ox Idol2.0**
+Quote Post
Abybaby
post Jun 21st 2011, 1:19 PM
Post #24

Because Mike is an eternal fodder. I'm actually glad i didn't know much about because he wasn't that interesting.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
thedancer
post Jun 21st 2011, 3:21 PM
Post #25

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCD8: Melanie Moore
Fav. SYTYCDC4: Lindsay Leuschner

QUOTE(McPhever224 @ Jun 20th 2011, 6:28 PM) *

I wish we had gotten to know some of the other contestants better such as Mike, Mercedes and even Brit.

Love Mike wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

We did get to know Brit a little more near the end, probably when the producers started to notice how hilar she is lmao.gif

I agree though.

--------------------

BLOG: FILM IN WORDS

SYTYCD: RICKY UBEDA AND JESSICA RICHENS
+Quote Post
Lackey
post Jun 21st 2011, 3:34 PM
Post #26

Fav. Singer: Allison Iraheta

I really think this is a mistake... Lea is probably the main reason this show got so famous in the first place pinch.gif

--------------------
Idol 10: Haley, James, Casey
Idol 11: JESSICA, Skylar, Hollie, Elise, DeAndre, Phillip
IPB Image

Check out my movie review blog!
+Quote Post
brownies
post Jun 22nd 2011, 5:30 AM
Post #27

Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

I want to follow how Santana is after highschool. grin.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Abybaby
post Jun 22nd 2011, 9:00 PM
Post #28

Ryan Murphy was inspired by Lea, and because of her he was able come up with Glee. I still think giving up Rachel is bad.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Trojan07
post Jun 24th 2011, 3:52 AM
Post #29

There is no show without the originals. Glee may be a powerhouse when it comes to concerts/cds/itunes but it's not a RATINGS powerhouse. The show barely attracts 10 million without an Idol lead in so without their popular characters (Rachel, Finn, Puck, Quinn...etc) there is no Glee. It's like doing Friends without 3 of the 6

--------------------
+Quote Post
cannotsing33
post Jun 24th 2011, 4:34 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(Trojan07 @ Jun 24th 2011, 4:52 AM) *

There is no show without the originals. Glee may be a powerhouse when it comes to concerts/cds/itunes but it's not a RATINGS powerhouse. The show barely attracts 10 million without an Idol lead in so without their popular characters (Rachel, Finn, Puck, Quinn...etc) there is no Glee. It's like doing Friends without 3 of the 6

I totally agree! The original cast is the greatest factor contributing to the show's popularity. Unless they market it as an entirely different show, I do not think it is going to get the ratings.

My other biggest fear is that they will cast very young people as new characters. The new cast will be like some Disney television show.

--------------------
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Jun 24th 2011, 5:02 AM
Post #31

Fav. Person: Dianna Agron

Tbh the only reason I'm watching this show is because of Rachel and Quinn, so when they leave, I'm out. I actually really don't mind the graduating aspect, they can't stay on the show forever.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
Abybaby
post Jun 24th 2011, 7:40 AM
Post #32

^they can't stay at Mckinley forever. But we can always follow their journey and continue the story

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
krazykelli
post Jun 24th 2011, 5:57 PM
Post #33

Fav. Person: Dianna Agron

QUOTE(Abybaby @ Jun 24th 2011, 7:40 AM) *

^they can't stay at Mckinley forever. But we can always follow their journey and continue the story

But there aren't that many shows that are successful following the characters after they leave to go to college. They only shows I really felt that worked with was Degrassi and Boy Meets World, but the show is about the Glee Club and Will, not just the characters. People graduate. I pretty much wish the show would end when they graduate though. Glee has gone downhill so much and this will make it worse. But like I said, when Lea and Dianna are out, so am I as a viewer.

This post has been edited by krazykelli: Jun 24th 2011, 5:59 PM

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
Apothecary
post Jun 24th 2011, 8:19 PM
Post #34

Fav. SYTYCDA2: Talia Fowler
Fav. SYTYCD5: Jeanine Mason
Fav. XFAU: Samantha Jade

QUOTE(cannotsing33 @ Jun 24th 2011, 7:34 PM) *

My other biggest fear is that they will cast very young people as new characters. The new cast will be like some Disney television show.

That's what I'm worried about as well. I just want them to end the show after 3 seasons and let the characters graduate rather than try to drag out the longevity of the show by adding a new cast.

--------------------
The X Factor AU: Reigan XOX Adrien
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
av+sig | Instagram: wendice27
+Quote Post
thedancer
post Jun 25th 2011, 12:17 AM
Post #35

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCD8: Melanie Moore
Fav. SYTYCDC4: Lindsay Leuschner

QUOTE(cannotsing33 @ Jun 24th 2011, 5:34 AM) *

I do love disney, but that would be AWFUL.
Glee > Disney by far.
They are on different levels of awesomeness fear2.gif

--------------------

BLOG: FILM IN WORDS

SYTYCD: RICKY UBEDA AND JESSICA RICHENS
+Quote Post
Abybaby
post Jun 25th 2011, 1:44 PM
Post #36

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Glee-Ryan-Murp...on-1034484.aspx

Glee’s Ryan Murphy: Who's Graduating, Season 2 Backlash, and Next Year's Lack of Guest Stars

Yes, graduation is approaching at McKinley High, and yes, Glee fans are freaking out. Can the show survive without stars like Lea Michele andChris Colfer? Do the actors already know which of their characters are seniors? (They're about to!) Executive producer Ryan Murphy says he has, in fact, talked to most of the cast about life after Glee. Eeeek!

But it's just one of several things on Murphy's mind. The Glee boss also spoke to TVGuide.com about the mixed reaction to Season 2 -- and the show's new mantra -- why he's cutting guest stars, how Santana's story will differ from Kurt's, and juggling two shows next season.

Everyone wants to know who is graduating. In your mind, who are the seniors at McKinley?
Ryan Murphy: I think they're all seniors, except I don't think Chord Overstreet is a senior, and I think the Darren Criss of it all is very ambiguous. But we're not really thinking about that right now. The other thing I'll say is that there are a lot of kids in that glee club who are intellectually challenged, who I'm sure are pulling straight Fs.

Yeah, I think it's going to be sad when it's over, but it's the responsible thing to do. I think it's the right thing to do for the fans. I don't think fans want a fake, six-year high school. I don't think they'd go for it. And as we proved this year with Darren and Chord, you bring new people in and people love them. People care about them. I was worried about that, but I think that show is as strong as the people we add. I also think we have an amazing group of people in there who I haven't written towards, who I am going to write for, so I am excited about that.

I'm glad you're not worried, but can you really do a show without Lea Michele or Chris Colfer? Are you confident it will work without them?
Murphy: I don't know. I haven't figured out about Lea or Chris. I can only tell you they're two of my favorite characters to write, and I love them both as people, and I will do whatever I can to help their careers. So, I don't know what we're going to do with them. I'm sort of shocked at this outpouring...

How can you be shocked?
Murphy: Well, I said this a year ago.

And now we're nearing the deadline, which you alerted viewers to in the second-season finale, when Finn (Cory Monteith) points out that he and Rachel are graduating next year...
Murphy: I think that's what it is. I think people might be like, "Oh, sh--! The time is nigh!"

Have you talked to the cast about graduation yet? Or have any of the actors come to you, scared?
Murphy: We just shot the Glee 3D movie and I made a point of going around to many of them and talking to them about what else they want to do in their lives. Can we help you? What are your goals? What are your dreams? It wasn't about the show. But you know the show this year will be different than it's been.

Different how?

Murphy: Last year, I looked at it as one season. This year, I look at it as a fall and a spring semester, similar to what we did in Season 1, where we're going to go off the air for an extended period of time and come back with a lot of episodes all in a row. Because this year, I was like, OK, the on-off crazy bullsh--, we can't have that anymore. People get confused and I think that's not a responsible way to show a show like this, that's so episodic. We're concentrating now on the fall semester, which is amazing. And then probably in November-December, after we speak to the network, we'll figure out the bon voyage.

Were you surprised by the critical reaction to Season 2? It was much more mixed than it was after the first season? Do you care?
Murphy: No. I was reading stuff about the pilot episode where people were saying, "This is never going to work. It's the worst idea ever. It's like Cop Rock. Cancel it now." And then look what happened to it. Those things are sort of beyond my control. Look, [Glee executive producers] Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan and I, we're trying everyday. None of us has done a musical before. I think that's the thing about Season 1, it was sort of touched with new-kid-on-the-block, oh-someone-has-finally-done-a-musical-that's-worked kind of thing. And, you know, I think what goes up must come down.

But I love a lot of Season 2. I love the bullying storyline, I loved a lot of what Lea did, I love theGwyneth Paltrow stuff, I love Darren Criss, I love Chord. I think Season 2 was our "bigger, better, bolder" thing and we did a lot of tribute episodes and events. It was sort of like, "Well, what are we in the mood for? What could be interesting?" It's funny, I'm really proud of Season 2, I think it was great, but Season 3 is going to be different — not because we're trying to do something different, but because this is what we're feeling now and we're moving towards closure and we've hired a writing staff.

The mantra for this year is: Story, story, story, character, character, character. I think last year we did so many big events that we didn't have a lot of big arcs, we had a couple. I just try to be really humble about it. If people love it, they love it. If they don't? I'm sorry, I don't know, I did my best! But I can say, now that we're breaking and plotting, I do feel like Season 3 sort of has that sprinkling of "This is the best season we've done" — I can just feel it.

Some seem to be hung up on the idea that you had too many guest stars on (but nowhere near, say, what 30 Rock does.) And you recently said you weren't going to have any big guest stars this season. Is that why? Were you kidding?
Murphy: Well, Gwyneth came on and did it and I don't really feel like you can top her, for me. The other thing is, we have so many other stories with Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch that I don't know that we could fit them in. Last year we had breathing room, which is why the Gwyneth thing worked so well, because I wanted to do that substitute teacher idea, and it was written for her.

I don't know. Like you said, I find it interesting when people get hung up on certain things, but that's OK. I think the only reason people get hung up on certain things about Glee is because they're passionate about the show. Or maybe they could give a f---, I don't know [laughs]. I don't read it. I don't pay that much attention to it. I just like to try stuff out. We're doing the absolute best we can. There's no model for what we're doing. I think the motto for this show that I'd like to adopt is: Sometimes great, never boring. That's what I'm aiming for.

One arc that people really seemed to respond to was Santana (Naya Rivera) dealing with her sexuality. Have you thought about what kinds of stories she'll get next season, and how they'll differ from Kurt's?
Murphy: I do think it will be different. We haven't broken it, but I do think it's sort of unreasonable to think the world treats gay people like they do with Kurt, where his father embraces him and his classmates all embrace him. He was bullied, yes, but for the most part he is allowed to be free and wonderful in the world and that doesn't happen to everybody who is gay. I think it's an important thing to show all aspects of that because more than anything, what we want the kids who watch the show to see, particularly with that storyline, is that they're not alone. There are other people out there like you, who are going through it like you, and to have faith.

How are you planning to juggle work on both Glee and your new FX series American Horror Story?
Murphy: I don't know. I'm doing it now — but I'm not doing it by myself. Brad is doing it with me, and so is Dante DiLoreto, who runs my company. American Horror Story is a different animal, you know? I'm excited by both shows and between them I think we have a grand total of 18 writers, so that's great. I think it'll work out.

The other thing I'll say is that there are a lot of kids in that glee club who are intellectually challenged, who I'm sure are pulling straight Fs.

so that means Puck, Santana, Brittany (and probably Finn and Mike) will be back? alien.gif

This post has been edited by Abybaby: Jun 25th 2011, 1:54 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
wild.hope
post Jun 25th 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

His answer to everything is, "I don't know." ermm.gif Dude, you're the freaking executive producer, and you don't know what's going on? Don't bother releasing information or doing interviews then, seriously. Whatev. Once Dianna is done from the show (and considering her character and how much they love to screw with Quinn, she'll be first to go rolleyes.gif ) I'm done with the show. :shrug:

--------------------
+Quote Post
Abybaby
post Jun 26th 2011, 3:22 AM
Post #38

I guess he likes it freestyle (writing) haha.gif
That's why the 1st season was great and the 2nd was just ok. Maybe he just became bored and uninspired w/ his characters but still wants to continue glee. And flunking some of the older cast (and probably demoting them to supporting cast) will give a somewhat good transition.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JeffreyJBJB
post Jun 29th 2011, 5:13 PM
Post #39

Fallin' too fast with no parachute

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta
Fav. AI10: Pia Toscano

I read an interview where RM said that he "thought" that Sam and Blaine weren't juniors, and he "thought" that Brittany might fail. But he did say he "thought," so who knows what will happen. Didn't Blaine originally begin as being older than Kurt? And then they made him a junior sometime during the season. I'd laugh if they somehow found a way to make him younger. Glee is so inconsistent with its ages. Wasn't Artie originally older than the rest of them too?

Nvm, someone already posted that interview. Haha.

This post has been edited by JeffreyJBJB: Jun 29th 2011, 5:13 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
bareilles. adele. glee. iraheta. underwood. white. clarkson. toscano. || sig by me.
+Quote Post
aifanatic100
post Jun 29th 2011, 7:31 PM
Post #40

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Fav. AI7: Carly Smithson

I'm excited about the statement saying that he wants to help Lea and Chris in any way that he can with doing what they want to do after Glee. I know for a fact that AT SOME POINT Lea wants to make a record. She said it before. Maybe once she doesn't have the show to worry about, she'll get hooked up by Ryan with a record deal grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 16th 2014, 10:33 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol