Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> People To People
jordinbsparks
post Jun 14th 2011, 3:37 AM
Post #1

Group: Members

Jordin Sparks was all smiles as she was announced as Student Ambassador for the People to People Ambassador Program at Camart Studio in New York City today (June 13).

The program offers educational travel opportunities for students, athletes, educators, and professionals. With nearly 50 years of experience, more than 500,000 alumni, and destinations on seven continents, People to People is the world’s most recognized and respected educational travel provider.

Meanwhile, Jordin is making headlines after she recently took a Toronto man from the karaoke stage to center stage.

CP24 has the details:

Kwame Hills, a 28-year-old Scarborough native, will now forever be known as the man whose voice swooned American pop star Jordin Sparks.
Sparks made an appearance on New.Music.Live on Wednesday ahead of her show at the Air Canada Centre. When she heard that Hills often sings her song “No Air” at karaoke night, she asked to hear him sing right then and there.
Once Sparks heard his smooth vocals, she invited him to sing the song on stage with her Thursday night.
“It was a combination of crazy adrenaline, where I was so excited about what was about to happen, and then a blinding fear,” Hills said Friday afternoon in a sit-down chat with CP24.com. “But then (at the show) I just pulled apart the curtain and stepped out in front of the crowd and gave it my all.”

more pics here: http://www.fadedyouthblog.com/235439/jordi...dent-ambassador

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 14th 2011, 3:37 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Liat275
post Jun 14th 2011, 12:16 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. Band: RBD

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Jun 14th 2011, 3:13 PM
Post #3

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

sounds like it might be a good thing for Jordin but it might mean a delay on the album coming out and promo for the single. unsure.gif

http://www.uticaod.com/fusion/x1162605327/...dents-in-Europe

Jordin Sparks to join Rome Free Academy students in Europe

By CASSAUNDRA BABER
Observer-Dispatch
Posted Jun 14, 2011 @ 10:20 AM
Last update Jun 14, 2011 @ 03:07 PM
Print Comment
ROME —

American Idol Season Six winner Jordin Sparks announced this morning that she will join a group of 14 Rome Free Academy music students and their teacher this summer on a tour of several cities in Europe.

The trip, arranged through People To People Ambassador Program and is being billed as "Rome to Roma with Jordin Sparks" and will include stops in Venice, Vienna, Florence, Paris, and of course, Rome, Italy.

Here's what Sparks posted on her Twitter this morning:

"So excited I can finally tell you... I'm going to Europe with a group of rockin' students as a People to People Student Ambassador. Going to see castles, art, eat, shop!! Can't wait to meet up with the Rome Free Academy peeps I'm going with. Fun will be had! grin.gif"

A video on the People To People website, shows Sparks surprising RFA students. Walking into a classroom during a photo shoot, students react with wide open mouths and eyes, gasps and huge smiles.

The website for the tour includes biography information and photos of all of the local students who will be participating, and their teacher, Twyla Edwards.

Check back later for the full story.

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Jun 14th 2011, 6:50 PM
Post #4

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

That's AWESOME! w00t.gif I was a People-to-People Student Ambassador my freshman year of high school. We went to Australia and New Zealand. It's an unforgetable experience and I know everyone on the trip will love it! happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
♥ Thank you tamyra4me1! ♥
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Jun 15th 2011, 3:51 AM
Post #5

QUOTE(SpeezyBlaker_Grl @ Jun 14th 2011, 6:50 PM) *

That's AWESOME! w00t.gif I was a People-to-People Student Ambassador my freshman year of high school. We went to Australia and New Zealand. It's an unforgetable experience and I know everyone on the trip will love it! happy.gif

How long is the trip?

--------------------
+Quote Post
AnthonyXY
post Jun 18th 2011, 11:28 AM
Post #6

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. Task.2.Complete: Idol 2 Script

Yeah I went to London, Switzerland, and even Italy. Wish I was still young enough to go sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Jun 18th 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(jordinbsparks @ Jun 15th 2011, 3:51 AM) *

How long is the trip?

The trip I went on was 3 weeks, but they vary in length.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Jun 18th 2011, 11:40 PM
Post #8

NicoleBieber_

I wish I could sing, so that I could go w/ my friends to Europe to hang out with @jordinsparks for 4 weeks and visit all of the cities sad.gif

4 weeks...!? shocked.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Jul 1st 2011, 3:07 PM
Post #9

This is a great article,good answers from jordn's part.i really like the fact she's looking for a coach & learning about acting,i hope everything will end up the best for her in all she'll do because she deserves it.she is such a wonderful person and a very hard worker.

Jordin Sparks on How She Got Her Bikini-Ready Body.

Jordin Sparks is making the most of her summertime: She's performing live on the U.S. Capitol's West Lawn for PBS's A Capitol Fourth (July 4, check listings) and was named a Student Ambassador with People to People Ambassador Program. That means she'll be traveling the globe with a group of lucky students to help broaden their horizons and multi-cultural perspective.

"It's an amazing opportunity," Sparks, 21, told Parade. "These kids deserve it and I absolutely love kids. I only get to take one person and I'm taking my younger brother since it's his last summer before he starts college. It's going to be a good brother-sister trip and I'm really excited!"

The American Idol alum also talked about what she thinks of this past season's finalists, how she got into amazing shape, and the possibility of an acting career.

Do you still get nervous before big performances?
"It kind of depends on the day. If I have less sleep I am probably less nervous than if I got a whole night's sleep. But for the most part, I tell myself to breathe. I also tend to pray before I go out onstage. 'Please let me not forget the words' or something and then I walk out."

What’s your tip to American Idol contestants on how to have a successful career after the show?
"I just feel lucky that five years later I'm still touring and people still want to talk to me. For me, I just keep going and say yes to things that I think are going to be really important. I don't want to get bogged down saying yes to things just because I can. I want it to mean something. Trying to keep your head on straight and having a good foundation and base back at home and around you is key."

How did American Idol prepare you for the entertainment industry?
"When it first came out, I think people were skeptical of it and saying [the contestants] weren’t paying their dues, but everyone takes a different path. Not everyone has the ability or means to just walk into a label or by the off chance get discovered at a coffee shop. For me, it just happened to be American Idol. I didn't know it was going to be that, but I'm glad it was. I don't think anything could fully prepare you for the Hollywood world, but if there is anything that is the most similar to that world, American Idol is definitely it. You do everything from media training to cutting songs to learning how to dress your body because you have to pick up your outfits. It's boot camp."

What do you think of Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina?
"They are both incredibly sweet and there is an instant camaraderie between contestants. We're the only ones who know what it's like to go though that so it's an instant connection. They are both going to be fine and they're both super talented."

How are you getting in even better shape for the summer?
"Now that I've started on the road, my set is about 30 minutes and it's literally non-stop. I never stop moving and singing, so I get tons of cardio and activity. I also go to the gym and do circuit training. My friends that are here, like my hair guy, he'll come down with me and run along with me. But just doing a little bit of circuit, doing some reps for biceps, triceps, doing abs. I don't like being in the gym for an hour- I just can't do it- so I go in there and hit it hard. Right now, the show is helping keep me the way I am."

Are you at your goal weight?
"I'm good! I just need a pedicure real bad."

Your single is great. Is that what we can expect from your album?
"I recorded songs before I found 'I Am Woman' so if we use those, we will probably have to tweak them so it's cohesive. When I find the second single, I hope it's in the same vein [as 'I Am Women'] where you want to pump it up!"

You appeared on Broadway last year. Any future acting plans on the horizon?
"I hope so! I'm hoping that after the tour I can focus more on acting in the fall. Getting with a coach and honing in and focusing on that part of my artistry. Then go on auditions and things like that. I love playing different characters."

http://www.parade.com/celebrity/celebrity-...din-sparks.html

--------------------
+Quote Post
muttiwhc
post Jul 1st 2011, 7:40 PM
Post #10

That is a really good article, but I really think that her second single should be a little bit slower than I Am Woman. Most people are not too familiar with Jordin's up-tempo side, and I think that she needs to bring this side out gradually, instead of releasing so many up-tempo songs that mostly end up flopping. having said that, I am very excited for her album!

--------------------
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Jul 3rd 2011, 10:30 AM
Post #11

JordinSparks 2 weeks til I blast off to Europe w/ @PeopletoPeople as a Student Ambassador! Super excited. Eeeeeeeee! grin.gif http://www.p2psparks.com
1 Jul

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Jul 7th 2011, 7:04 PM
Post #12

Welcome to the home of all things Rome to Roma, where you can follow our delegation of 14 choir students and one plucky teacher from Rome, N.Y., and the very talented Jordin Sparks as they explore cities like Paris, Vienna, Florence, Venice, and Rome (Roma to the Italians), absorbing art and music and everything else Europe has to offer.

wow!!! Paris, Vienna, Florence, Venice, and Rome... sounds like a dream.i hope they'll all have a great time,especially our girl w00t.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KpgrqsSz50 ---> 1:40,LOL that's how you do it!!! wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mr.JordinSparks
post Jul 16th 2011, 12:55 AM
Post #13

Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. X Factor: Little Mix

Those kids are so lucky. I wonder how much of Jordin they get to see happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Jul 16th 2011, 7:05 AM
Post #14

QUOTE(Mr.JordinSparks @ Jul 16th 2011, 12:55 AM) *

Those kids are so lucky. I wonder how much of Jordin they get to see happy.gif

a good amount of time*i'mjealous* original.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Jul 16th 2011, 11:23 AM
Post #15

JordinSparks Aaaand me & @therealpjsparks are off! ✈
13 Jul

JordinSparks Checkin in! Roaming Austria w/ @therealpjsparks & People to People Student Ambassador Programs. Vids & pics coming soon! www.p2psparks.com
21 hours ago

JordinSparks Computer is about to die & the adapter I have doesnt fit! Oh nooooo........jdvjkdsnvn_________________________________
18 hours ago

JordinSparks HA! That stupid adapter cant beat me! I made it fit. LOL #backintwisness tongue.gif
18 hours ago

JordinSparks Up! More fun filled adventures today! original.gif
9 hours ago

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Jul 18th 2011, 11:12 AM
Post #16

JordinSparks Been mia but Austria has taken me over! kiss.gif
17 Jul

JordinSparks Phew! 3 countries today. THREE! Austria, Germany & Switzerland. Amazing.
21 hours ago

JordinSparks Passing through the Alps was breathtaking. I felt incredibly small & blessed at the sight of those beautiful mountains.
19 hours ago

JordinSparks Found the channel over here in Europe! lol That goal by Japan to tie the game was insane! #USA #USA #USA #WorldCupFinal
19 hours ago

JordinSparks With Love, from the Eiffel Tower. heart.gif http://say.ly/tMLvp6
5 hours ago

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Jul 18th 2011, 11:32 PM
Post #17

JordinSparks Check this vid of me singing #skyscraper by @ddlovato. I didnt want 2 be loud in the hotel room. lol heart.gif http://say.ly/kdJvvh
5 hours ago

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Jul 19th 2011, 7:40 PM
Post #18

now,that's beauty...oh ya the Eiffel Tower is nice too grin.gif --> http://www.whosay.com/JordinSparks/photos/48181

and...

@JordinSparks that's a great picture Jordin. Will I be seeing u this weekend in Minnesota?

@roywilliams31 Aww thanks! And yessir!! original.gif

@JordinSparks sweet i'll u there. Make sure u have ur cowgirl hat & ur boots. It's going to be a knee slapping good time  lol.

@roywilliams31 after much searching....I did find something suitable! LOL

Cant wait 2c wht u wear!Tweet pics All day on Sat. RT @JordinSparks @roywilliams31 after much searching.I did find something suitable! LOL

@roywilliams31 Cant wait to see what everyone wears! I mean...Country glam?? wha?

Lol i know! Its going to be country Fab! RT @JordinSparks: @roywilliams31 Cant wait 2c what everyone wears! I mean.Country glam?? wha?

i don't know what's going on but giddy up jordin tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Mygecko18
post Jul 21st 2011, 1:40 PM
Post #19

did she return from this or is it still going on cause she is talking about meeting with some friends over the weekend

--------------------
twitter.com/1danielblack

myspace.com/danielblackofficial
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Jul 21st 2011, 2:55 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(Mygecko18 @ Jul 21st 2011, 1:40 PM) *

did she return from this or is it still going on cause she is talking about meeting with some friends over the weekend

she's back---> "Back in the land that I love. "

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 24th 2014, 7:03 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol