Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> People To People
jordinbsparks
post Jul 26th 2011, 1:25 PM
Post #21

Group: Members

Jordin Sparks Vlog #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjHOEC0FksQ

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jul 26th 2011, 1:25 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Mr.JordinSparks
post Jul 26th 2011, 2:28 PM
Post #22

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI11: Jessica Sanchez
Fav. X Factor: Little Mix

QUOTE(jordinbsparks @ Jul 26th 2011, 2:25 PM) *

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Aug 1st 2011, 8:26 PM
Post #23

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxHAzvfehM4

Get a first look at the intricate costumes Selena will be wearing on tour. Plus, find out what Jordin Sparks is learning overseas.

--------------------
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Aug 5th 2011, 3:13 PM
Post #24

Webisode #1 : Rome to Roma With Jordin Sparks!

Check out the first webisode of Rome to Roma with Jordin Sparks. This first webisode shows the delegation of students experiencing some neat things in Austria. Also, towards the end, Jordin and P.J. pop up and officially join the fun with the delegation. Take a look! original.gif

http://www.jordinsparks.cc/?p=2417

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Nov 10th 2011, 8:18 AM
Post #25

Fav. AI3: LaToya London
Fav. AI4: Nadia Turner
Fav. S5Lisa Tucker S6:Jordin Sparks

they announced the winner. thumbsup.gif

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/people-to...test-2011-11-10

press release

Nov. 10, 2011, 8:00 a.m. EST
People to People Ambassador Programs Announces Winner of Bring Jordin Sparks to Your School Contest
Cincinnati's Seton High School Wins Personal School Visit from the Grammy Nominated Platinum Selling Recording Artist

SPOKANE, Wash., Nov. 10, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- People to People Ambassador Programs, the world leader in global educational travel, today announced that Seton High School in Cincinnati, Ohio cast the most votes and is the winner of a personal school visit from Grammy nominated, American Idol superstar, Jordin Sparks beating out more than 2,200 other schools.

Jordin Sparks will appear at Seton High on December 8, 2011. Students will hear firsthand what she has been doing since she won American Idol and how she spent the summer traveling with a student delegation on a People to People European adventure. The multi-faceted performer will also discuss her passion for philanthropic work and the importance for young people to make a positive impact on the world.

"Traveling is a great way to open your eyes to new cultures and use that knowledge to empower yourself," said Jordin Sparks. "Not only was my experience with People to People a blast but this learning experience is a way to change your world."

This past summer, Jordin Sparks served as the first-ever celebrity Student Ambassador with People to People Ambassador Programs, traveling with a lucky People to People delegation for a once-in-a-lifetime trip through Europe that included singing with a Viennese choir, making apfelstrudel in the Austrian countryside and visiting iconic sites in Paris including The Louvre and the Eifel Tower.

"We are excited to welcome Jordin Sparks to Seton High School," said Donna Brigger, Principal and CEO of Seton High School. "Seton's Student Council did a fantastic job of motivating our young women to vote during the contest - it is always great to see what can be accomplished when young women come together for a common cause!"

Seton High School, located in the Price Hill neighborhood of Cincinnati, is a parochial all-female, college preparatory high school that is committed to a forward-thinking learning experience.

"Jordin is a great role model and inspiration for young women to look up to given all that she has accomplished at her age," said Peg Thomas, President of People to People Ambassador Programs. "She has done a terrific job as our first celebrity ambassador in spreading the message of the importance of cultural awareness in an increasingly globalized world."

Students can explore different cultures and expand their world views while building lifelong friends in a safe, fun and education environment on a People to People travel program.

To learn more about Jordin's experience with People to People go to www.P2PSparks.com , which features a vlog about her experiences, photos and webisodes of her trip.

About People to People Ambassador Programs

People to People Ambassador Programs is the world's most recognized educational travel provider. Since the 1960s, more than 500,000 people from around the world have traveled with People to People Ambassador Programs to help further global understanding through cross-cultural exchange. Offering unmatched safety measures and unparalleled access to foreign cultures and countries, People to People Ambassador Programs promotes personal success in a globalized world and fosters international friendships for both students and professional adults.

People to People Ambassador Programs is the exclusive educational travel provider of People to People International (PTPI), a nonprofit organization founded in 1956 by President Dwight D. Eisenhower to promote peace through understanding worldwide. Together, PTPI and People to People Ambassador Programs are united in a mission to bridge cultural and political borders through education and exchange. For more information, please visit www.peopletopeople.com .

About Jordin Sparks

It has been nothing short of a whirlwind: The then youngest-ever winner of American Idol, Jordin Sparks was just seventeen years old when she won the coveted title. In reflection, it was the best training ground she could have ever had. "I didn't know it when we were doing the show, but all the interviews and behind-the-scenes stuff prepared me for now. Being on Idol was exciting, exhilarating and slightly traumatic. I won the show I was a fan of, what could be better?" Thrown right in to the spotlight, and in to the recording studio, Jordin passed GO and never looked back.

In the four years that have followed, Jordin has released two albums on 19 Recordings/Jive Records. Her self-titled debut went platinum, selling over 2 million copies worldwide, with the first three singles going top 5 and the album's second single, "No Air" selling 4 million digital downloads. "No Air" also is the highest selling single by any American Idol contestant and is listed #27 in Billboard's Top 40 Biggest Duets of All Time. Jordin's second release, 2009's BATTLFIELD, debuted on the Billboard Album chart at number seven, with the first single, also called "Battlefield," reaching the top ten on the Billboard Singles Chart and second single, "S.O.S. (Let the Music Play)," topping the US Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart, becoming Jordin's first #1. Sparks also co-wrote four tracks on the album, including "911 Emergency," "Was I The Only One," "Faith," and "The Cure." Cumulatively, her popular singles have sold almost 9 million downloads/ringtones.

Sparks has toured with Alicia Keys, The Jonas Brothers, and Britney Spears and performed for Presidents Bush and Obama, won two BET Awards, one American Music Award, one People's Choice Award and has been nominated for two MTV Awards and one Grammy.

So with domination of popular music checked off her bucket list, what was Sparks going to do next? First up, Broadway. Debuting as Nina Rosario in the Tony award winning musical In The Heights in the Fall of 2010, Sparks spent 12 weeks on the great white way. In the Fall of 2010 Jordin also unveiled her first ever fragrance line with the fruity floriental scent titled, "Because of You"- thoughtfully named by Sparks to pay tribute to her fans that have helped her to achieve her dreams.

In the summer of 2011 Jordin Sparks was featured on the cover of People Magazine's Summer Double Issue, MOST AMAZING BODIES, sang the theme song for the Disney film, "African Cats", released the hot dance single, "I Am Woman" (which became the theme song of the WNBA), and joined New Kids on the Block/Backstreet Boys as a special guest on their North American summer tour. 2012 is proving to be even more exciting as Sparks makes her feature film debut as Sparkle in the SONY Pictures film by the same name.

SOURCE People to People Ambassador Programs

Copyright © 2011 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

This post has been edited by jdanton2: Nov 10th 2011, 8:18 AM

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

X Factor Season 1 Melanie Amaro- Season 2 Fifth Harmony
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Dec 7th 2011, 4:28 PM
Post #26

Jordin Sparks Heads to High School!

School assemblies, sounds boring right? What if the assembly was hosted by none other than American Idol winner, Jordin Sparks??

The lucky students of Seton High School in Cincinnati, Ohio beat out over 2,200 other schools in getting Grammy nominee and American Idol winner Jordin Sparks to talk about her People to People Ambassador Trip, as well as what she’s been up to since she won American Idol. Might the lucky students of Seton High School even get treated to a performance? How awesome would THAT be?

Jordin’s endeavors with People to People had her traveling all over the world with a lucky group of American students, to countries including France and Austria! While travelling, they sang with a Viennese choir, made delicious pastries, and toured some of the most famous sites that the countries had to offer! To learn more about Jordin’s travels with People to People, check out www.p2pSparks.com.

We’re so happy for the students of Seton High School, and impressed by the work of Jordin Sparks!

http://www.fanlala.com/news/jordin-sparks-heads-high-school

Girls on twitter:

"CAN'T WAIT TO MEET @JordinSparks ON THURSDAY!!!!"

"#FREAKINGOUT cant wait til thursdaaaaaaaay!"

"@JordinSparks can't wait to meet you at seton on thursday! #woootwooot"

"i get to be @JordinSparks tour guide tomorrow at seton!!!! can't wait to meet her!! #loveher"

"@JordinSparks YOU'RE COMING TO MY SCHOOL TOMORROW original.gif yayayayaya"

"Jordin sparks is coming to my school tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Dec 8th 2011, 2:16 PM
Post #27

http://twitter.com/#!/Gayle_Brown

About to meet Student Ambassador and singer Jordin Sparks at Cincinnati's Seton HS! #p2pgh

Travel to Spain, France, Italy this summer. Have experience of a lifetime; expand your international perspective. Colleges want this! #p2pgh

Watching excited Seton student file into the school auditorium to see People to People Student Ambassador and singer Jordin Sparks #p2pgh

*students! Hundreds of them! #p2pgh

Waiting for Jordin Sparks ... #p2pgh

What a reception! #p2pgh http://twitpic.com/7qdqck

Jordin Sparks looking forward to visiting Japan with P2P in June -- want to do community service there. #p2pgh

Love the t-shirt & yay for Japan,jordin always wanted to go thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post Dec 8th 2011, 6:12 PM
Post #28

it happened earlier . thumbsup.gif

http://www.wlwt.com/r/29955559/detail.html

American Idol Visits Seton High School
Students Win Visit From Jordin Sparks

POSTED: 5:41 pm EST December 8, 2011
UPDATED: 5:52 pm EST December 8, 2011
[EMAIL: American Idol Visits Seton High School] Email [PRINT: American Idol Visits Seton High School] Print
0 comments
Bookmark and Share
CINCINNATI -- Students at Seton High School got a special visit Thursday from a former winner of American Idol.

Jordin Sparks stopped by the school because the students cast the most votes in the "Bring Jordin Sparks to Your School Contest." The students beat out 2,200 other schools.

Sparks is a People to People ambassador. She talked to students about what she's been up to since winning American Idol and being nominated for a Grammy.

She also gave an impromptu performance to students during a question-and-answer session.

--------------------
Favorite Season 7 Syesha Mercado-Season 8 Anoop Desai- Season 9 Siobhan Magnus-Season 10 Pia Toscano-Season 11 Jessica Sanchez-Season 12 Candice Glover-Season 13 Malaya Watson

+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Dec 8th 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #29

@JordinSparks thank you so much for coming today! #bestdayever--> http://twitpic.com/7qi55m

Jordin Sparks Singing Acapella

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3XnVTwWX74

Jordin Sparks at Seton High School doing the school's biggest cheer. (this is funny & cute) laughing.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL_kjrWn9zo

Jordin Sparks speaks at Seton High School

CINCINNATI - They cast their votes and an American Idol took the stage at a Tri-State high school Thursday.
"Thank you guys so much for having me,” said American Idol winner Jordin Sparks.
Sparks visited Seton High School to talk to students about the importance of being an ambassador.
Even though this was Seton's seventh celebrity visit, it was still a rush for the students.
"It was like a fairy tale almost because I've never been able to meet a celebrity before and when she’s just so pretty and so nice it was just an experience I’m always going to remember," said Julie Buttelwerth, Seton High School’s student body president.
The students cast the most votes in the "Bring Jordin Sparks to your school" contest -- beating more than 2,000 other schools.

video: http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_news/jo...ton-high-school

--------------------
+Quote Post
warblerbert
post Dec 9th 2011, 1:30 PM
Post #30

Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCD4: Joshua Allen
Fav. Dancers: Jess LeProt. Danny T.

The Wigalow? unsure.gif haha.gif

--------------------
SYTYCD-US: 1 Ashle' Jamile Melody Kamilah 2 Benji Natalie Heidi Musa Travis 3 Danny Sara Lacey Pasha 4 Joshua Katee Gev 5 Jeanine Janette 6 Jakob Ryan Ellenore Kathryn 7 Alex Billy Lauren 8 Jess Miranda Ricky Wadi Clarice
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Dec 9th 2011, 7:08 PM
Post #31

a blog from jordin:

JORDIN SPARKS GUEST BLOGS ABOUT VISITNG HIGH SCHOOLS, TRAVELING & EATING FROG LEGS!!!

By Jordin Sparks, special to Act

Everyone needs to get out of their comfort zone once in a while. That's what I told the 580 girls (although by how loud they could cheer I thought was 1,500!) when I stopped by Seton High School in Cincinnati, Ohio, yesterday.The ladies of Seton beat out more than 2,200 other schools to win the "Bring Jordin Sparks to Your School Contest" held by People to People Ambassador Programs, an amazing organization that takes kids on trips abroad to build cultural awareness and global understanding.

Even though I'm on the road all the time, when People to People invited me to become their first celebrity Ambassador I jumped at the chance. In my travels all I usually get to see are arenas and hotels -- I never have the opportunity to actually take in the cultures of the places I visit. So this past summer I joined a great delegation of American students from Rome, NY, for a once-in-a-lifetime trip. I got to do so much from learning how to make traditional apfelstrudel in Austria to eating frogs legs (ew!) in Paris (my first time there!), to visiting some of the most iconic sites like The Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. We even visited a concentration camp and met a Holocaust survivor -- such a sobering moment and one I won’t soon forget. As a total history buff, it was amazing to see the things I read about in school with my own eyes!

The girls at Seton wanted to know what I learned from my experience. This is what I told them: I learned how awesome it was to get to know new cultures and use that knowledge to empower yourself. Until you are immersed in it, it's difficult to appreciate how other people live. Traveling with People to People was so eye opening - I really saw how different and yet, in so many ways, how similar we all are. Even though we might speak another language or have different traditions (or eat things like frog legs), we are all people who need to appreciate and respect each other.

I think that all teens should travel to be ready for this world that seems to be getting smaller but more diverse by the day. Understanding other cultures is only becoming more important, especially for people in our generation. You may feel like a fish out of water, but sometimes that is a good thing!

http://act.mtv.com/posts/jordin-sparks-gue...egs/#more-28950

--------------------
+Quote Post
SpeezyBlaker_Grl
post Dec 11th 2011, 4:17 PM
Post #32

Group: Blend Artists

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI9: Lee DeWyze

IPB Image

IPB Image

QUOTE(jordinbsparks @ Dec 9th 2011, 6:08 PM) *

a blog from jordin:

JORDIN SPARKS GUEST BLOGS ABOUT VISITNG HIGH SCHOOLS, TRAVELING & EATING FROG LEGS!!!

By Jordin Sparks, special to Act

Everyone needs to get out of their comfort zone once in a while. That's what I told the 580 girls (although by how loud they could cheer I thought was 1,500!) when I stopped by Seton High School in Cincinnati, Ohio, yesterday.The ladies of Seton beat out more than 2,200 other schools to win the "Bring Jordin Sparks to Your School Contest" held by People to People Ambassador Programs, an amazing organization that takes kids on trips abroad to build cultural awareness and global understanding.
Even though I'm on the road all the time, when People to People invited me to become their first celebrity Ambassador I jumped at the chance. In my travels all I usually get to see are arenas and hotels -- I never have the opportunity to actually take in the cultures of the places I visit. So this past summer I joined a great delegation of American students from Rome, NY, for a once-in-a-lifetime trip. I got to do so much from learning how to make traditional apfelstrudel in Austria to eating frogs legs (ew!) in Paris (my first time there!), to visiting some of the most iconic sites like The Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. We even visited a concentration camp and met a Holocaust survivor -- such a sobering moment and one I won’t soon forget. As a total history buff, it was amazing to see the things I read about in school with my own eyes!

The girls at Seton wanted to know what I learned from my experience. This is what I told them: I learned how awesome it was to get to know new cultures and use that knowledge to empower yourself. Until you are immersed in it, it's difficult to appreciate how other people live. Traveling with People to People was so eye opening - I really saw how different and yet, in so many ways, how similar we all are. Even though we might speak another language or have different traditions (or eat things like frog legs), we are all people who need to appreciate and respect each other.

I think that all teens should travel to be ready for this world that seems to be getting smaller but more diverse by the day. Understanding other cultures is only becoming more important, especially for people in our generation. You may feel like a fish out of water, but sometimes that is a good thing!

http://act.mtv.com/posts/jordin-sparks-gue...egs/#more-28950

Ohhh frog's legs. I tend to be adventurous so when I got the chance to try them, I had to put out of my mind what they were, suck it up, and do it. laughing.gif It's like a rubbery chicken...seriously. Would not eat them again...but I can say I did it! I like that Jordin wrote the MTV post - it's such a wonderful way to get true prospective. original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
♥ Thank you tamyra4me1! ♥
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Dec 12th 2011, 1:34 AM
Post #33

she's good... laughing.gif

Draw-Off With Jordin Sparks - Dec 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qat1Msw-9z0

--------------------
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Dec 13th 2011, 1:24 PM
Post #34

Bring Jordin Sparks To Your School: Seton High Winners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmEUaTrYyyQ

--------------------
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Dec 19th 2011, 7:29 PM
Post #35

Jordin Sparks One Step At A Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJi8FIsSiOo

--------------------
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Feb 14th 2012, 4:17 PM
Post #36

Jordin Sparks Seton High Visit (Part 1/4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9evWNVMegyA

Jordin Sparks Seton High Visit (Part 2/4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTg-WIq5k6c

Jordin Sparks Seton High Visit (Part 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URy32wwpel8...=youtu.be&a

This post has been edited by jordinbsparks: Feb 14th 2012, 9:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
jordinbsparks
post Mar 27th 2012, 11:22 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(jordinbsparks @ Feb 14th 2012, 4:17 PM) *

Jordin Sparks Seton High Visit (Part 1/4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9evWNVMegyA

Jordin Sparks Seton High Visit (Part 2/4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTg-WIq5k6c

Jordin Sparks Seton High Visit (Part 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URy32wwpel8...=youtu.be&a

Jordin Sparks Seton High Visit (Part 4/4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdSngSdPhfg

5:42---> what!?!? huh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jdanton2
post May 6th 2012, 6:33 AM
Post #38

another People To People thing though i don't thing Jordin is going but will be a judge for someone who goes.

http://www.travelchat.co.za/people-to-peop...h-mtv-give-back

People To People Partners With MTV, Give Back
Posted in Travel | May 6th, 2012

People to PeoplePeople to People Ambassador Group will be sending over 100 students to Japan in July for the first time since a devastating earthquake and tsunami hit in 2011. This week, People to People launched the Act for Japan contest in partnership with MTV Act to give away one full tuition travel scholarship.

Platinum selling recording artist and People to People alum Jordin Sparks will act as the final contest judge selecting one student to travel to Japan to provide aid in communities devastated by the 2011 tsunami.

“MTV Act is all about connecting young people with opportunities to take action and celebrating incredible organizations like People to People,” Liza Vadnai, director of public affairs for MTV said in a release. “We’re honored to partner with them on this initiative, and know that this opportunity will be a life-changing experience for the winning student.”

Continue reading People To People Partners With MTV, Give Back

People To People Partners With MTV, Give Back originally appeared on Gadling on Sat, 05 May 2012 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 22nd 2014, 7:09 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol