Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V < 1 2   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New Music, No More Pop Crap
LulaSan
post Jun 5th 2011, 7:47 AM
Post #21

Group: Members

Fav. AI8: Allison Iraheta

Love IS angry sh!t when you hear it full band thumbsup.gif . It even has the phrase "shitty situation" in there and she's calling for her man to "don't pretend, be a man, I want you to believe it" in her most awesome growly, rocking voice. It'll be rock, these are just acoustic.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 5th 2011, 7:47 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Burritosbite
post Jun 15th 2011, 1:46 PM
Post #22

Sooo..Google trends is interesting .. http://www.google.com/trends Add allisons name and go! click on various parts of the menu on the top right and you can see quite clearly..that the Phillipines and Singapore have googled her the most for the last couple of years..which is fab..(delve deeper and there 's Finnish and Australian interest too) but the Asian countries are the ones who top that list all the way through...I just hope that whatever new mangement/label she can get herself, are willing and able to spend time and money on promotion in those countries, this time round. Jive did (sort of) but let it slip and seemingly wasted a potentially HUGE market (think "scars" promoting itself, interest in the Manilla concert/radio play/tv appearances etc) I like to think interest by the Asian kids wasn't soley based on her hair colour and fun personality..but they show a real interest in the type of music she does ( again look at Scars..possibly one of the oddest songs to be a hit off the CD) if she can just corner a little bit of that market..then she's onto a winner..I just hope the powers that be can see that, as much as I/we can sorcerer.gif

This post has been edited by Burritosbite: Jun 15th 2011, 1:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jul 27th 2011, 11:02 AM
Post #23

List of people we know Allison has written with so far:

Orianthi
David Immerman
Jesse Owen Astin
Gino Starr
Devyn Kelly
Denise Janae
Jon Rezin
Andrew Allen
Matthew Gerrard
Peter Amato
Stefan Skarbek
Matthew Hager
Toby Gad

There may be others we don't know about and some of these may not even make the cut but she has tweeted about working with all of them so far.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burritosbite
post Jul 27th 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #24

thats a pretty cool list..lots of boys original.gif and certainly one girl I've heard of (Orianthi) I really hope we get to hear that Allianthi collaberation wub.gif and..I'm hoping we might get to see Mr Adam Lamberts name on that list at some point..she needs to pin that man down and lock him up till they come up with something together fear.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jul 28th 2011, 8:41 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(Burritosbite @ Jul 28th 2011, 12:07 AM) *

thats a pretty cool list..lots of boys original.gif and certainly one girl I've heard of (Orianthi) I really hope we get to hear that Allianthi collaberation wub.gif and..I'm hoping we might get to see Mr Adam Lamberts name on that list at some point..she needs to pin that man down and lock him up till they come up with something together fear.gif

Haha Birdie...he's busy with his own stuff & niether of them are really accomplished song writers yet or musicians, you usually need one of those to help out wink.gif

Lots of boys yes, seems like most "accomplished" big name song writers are men.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burritosbite
post Jul 28th 2011, 2:53 PM
Post #26

Well, ok. they can still get their **** together and pass around ideas and words for a song..then get their musical friends to work on it...nothing is impossible sorcerer.gif I mean its about time Adison reminded us just how good they are... grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jul 28th 2011, 7:53 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(Burritosbite @ Jul 28th 2011, 3:53 PM) *

Well, ok. they can still get their **** together and pass around ideas and words for a song..then get their musical friends to work on it...nothing is impossible sorcerer.gif I mean its about time Adison reminded us just how good they are... grin.gif

I'm ok, can live without it wink.gif

You know how I feel about this, nothing against him, just want her to forge her own identity in people's minds, separate from him. It's bad enough that she's always associated with Idol and not seen as an actual recording artist with merits beyond being 4th on "Adam Lambert's" Idol season.

This post has been edited by LulaSan: Jul 28th 2011, 7:54 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
1201O
post Jul 28th 2011, 8:09 PM
Post #28

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. FAV. Celebrity: Jessica Alba

QUOTE(LulaSan @ Jul 28th 2011, 8:53 PM) *

I'm ok, can live without it wink.gif

You know how I feel about this, nothing against him, just want her to forge her own identity in people's minds, separate from him. It's bad enough that she's always associated with Idol and not seen as an actual recording artist with merits beyond being 4th on "Adam Lambert's" Idol season.

Not just that, but I feel Adam is too poppy for Allison. I mean, I have nothing against pop music, to each their own, but Adam's been quite clear that his future is pop, while Allison is doing rock. A music collaboration doesn't seem likely anytime soon.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jul 28th 2011, 9:51 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(1201O @ Jul 28th 2011, 9:09 PM) *

Not just that, but I feel Adam is too poppy for Allison. I mean, I have nothing against pop music, to each their own, but Adam's been quite clear that his future is pop, while Allison is doing rock. A music collaboration doesn't seem likely anytime soon.

I agree, their musical styles aren't exactly all that compatible but more than that I've always felt that as long as his name is attached to anything related to her, she will always be in his shadow.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Burritosbite
post Jul 31st 2011, 2:59 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(1201O @ Jul 29th 2011, 2:09 AM) *

I'm not so sure ..he's all that poppy take a look at his new song..its haunting and he sings it from the heart, which is always good.not to mention his various collaberations on FYE..hello Aftermath sorcerer.gif word wise, I'm sure the two of them could come up with something really cool, and with say Monte/Dave's help, the musical side will be covered as well..I really wish it could happen *flying the Adison flag furiously*

This post has been edited by Burritosbite: Jul 31st 2011, 3:11 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Jul 31st 2011, 7:18 AM
Post #31

Maybe, but I want her far away from Adam for the reasons I stated before. We all know as long as he's involved, she won't get the credit she deserves because it will be all about him, it has happened before. She's always seen as second best to him. It's time for her to be appreciated for who she is and for her own talent. Not to mention, their label situation is very, very different. As in, he's signed to a label and she isn't. Why would his label want a duet with someone who isn't a big name?

This post has been edited by LulaSan: Jul 31st 2011, 7:21 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
1201O
post Jul 31st 2011, 2:42 PM
Post #32

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. FAV. Celebrity: Jessica Alba

QUOTE(Burritosbite @ Jul 31st 2011, 3:59 AM) *

I'm not so sure ..he's all that poppy take a look at his new song..its haunting and he sings it from the heart, which is always good.not to mention his various collaberations on FYE..hello Aftermath sorcerer.gif word wise, I'm sure the two of them could come up with something really cool, and with say Monte/Dave's help, the musical side will be covered as well..I really wish it could happen *flying the Adison flag furiously*

it's in the same vein as wwfm. I doubt his second album will have only slow songs like this one. I'm guessing it will be filled with gaga like uptempos. And Aftermath kinda sucked, sorry. ph34rwave.gif

I think Adam is a talented vocalist, but I wish allison would stay away from him, music wise, of couse. I envision Allison becoming a better Joss Stone, with a mix of P!nk and old school rock like Joplin. And the occasional 90's shakira mixed with Mana for her latin fans.

This post has been edited by 1201O: Jul 31st 2011, 2:42 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
gagaforidols
post Aug 3rd 2011, 3:09 AM
Post #33

QUOTE(LulaSan @ Jul 27th 2011, 11:02 AM) *

List of people we know Allison has written with so far:

Orianthi
David Immerman
Jesse Owen Astin
Gino Starr
Devyn Kelly
Denise Janae
Jon Rezin
Andrew Allen
Matthew Gerrard
Peter Amato
Stefan Skarbek
Matthew Hager
Toby Gad

There may be others we don't know about and some of these may not even make the cut but she has tweeted about working with all of them so far.

Ah thank you for the list of people she worked with original.gif.

So excited!! grin.gif

Where did all the alliholics go? There are barely any posts in here anymore sad.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Aug 3rd 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #34

QUOTE(gagaforidols @ Aug 3rd 2011, 4:09 AM) *

Ah thank you for the list of people she worked with original.gif.

So excited!! grin.gif

Where did all the alliholics go? There are barely any posts in here anymore sad.gif

Most of the action has moved to twitter I guess. I come by here every day but there's really not much to post at the moment. Allison is not doing many public appeareances, she seems to be fully into writing and recording mode.

She'll be performing tomorrow night at a club called Eleven in Los Angeles, an acoustic set with a bunch of other local singers.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
gagaforidols
post Aug 3rd 2011, 7:55 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(LulaSan @ Aug 3rd 2011, 12:14 PM) *

Most of the action has moved to twitter I guess. I come by here every day but there's really not much to post at the moment. Allison is not doing many public appeareances, she seems to be fully into writing and recording mode.

She'll be performing tomorrow night at a club called Eleven in Los Angeles, an acoustic set with a bunch of other local singers.

Gosh why can't I live in LA?? Allison seems to do so many concerts down there.. Where is her schedule of events so I know when the next events are?

I am on twitter as well & I guess most of the action is there yes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bswanson
post Aug 4th 2011, 6:14 PM
Post #36

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI12: Angie Miller
Fav. Singer: Taylor Swift

I cant wait for a new album hopefully next year.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LulaSan
post Aug 4th 2011, 7:35 PM
Post #37

QUOTE(gagaforidols @ Aug 3rd 2011, 8:55 PM) *

Gosh why can't I live in LA?? Allison seems to do so many concerts down there.. Where is her schedule of events so I know when the next events are?

I am on twitter as well & I guess most of the action is there yes.gif
These things seem to pop up randomly, there isn't a fixed schedule. If you want the updated info, follow @Alliholics on twitter, they post everything as soon as they find out when & where she'll be.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
gagaforidols
post Aug 7th 2011, 3:16 AM
Post #38

Already following but thanks!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
druth8x
post Sep 18th 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #39

Oh My Lord! Allison IS Amazing!

Can't wait to buy her new album!

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 20th 2014, 11:01 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol