Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

798 Pages V « < 117 118 119 120 121 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> American Idol/The Voice/X Factor/RPDR Discussion, So we can talk amongst ourselves...
Love2Lurk
post Feb 23rd 2012, 2:16 PM
Post #2361

Group: Members

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(Silvia @ Feb 23rd 2012, 1:31 PM) *

There are a few ppl I literally can't stand. Reed Grimm is the worst offender. Everything about him annoys me to death! devil.gif

That screamer from NY (?) is awful!!! Such a strident, annoying voice fear2.gif I can't believe they passed him.

I don't like Jen. She has a good voice but it sometimes verging on screaming and she has too many ticks and mannerisms.

I like that Testone girl. Great voice.

And, I LOVE Heejun haha.gif Love his beautiful voice and his personality so far.

I like the Phillips guy.

I loved Lauren Gray. Can't believe they didn't pass her bloated.gif

This is the situation so far.

The talent on The Voice seems better.

Yes...that Testone girl is very good.....

So sorry about Lauren...she was great...did you catch the part with her and the voice coach....Yikes crying.gif

My view of Idol vs. The Voice.....

On Idol the contestants travel/wait for auditions; highlighting the contestants' voice first ....then moving to the show production.....

On The Voice contestants are invited, moving right into show production.....and I don't think you ever hear their voices a cappella....

And... I think I like Idol judges better than the Voices' ....Steven & JLo seem better this year and I am not crazy about Xtina & Adam Levine...anyway...they are both fun to watch !!!!

This post has been edited by Love2Lurk: Feb 23rd 2012, 2:17 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 23rd 2012, 2:16 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 23rd 2012, 7:57 PM
Post #2362

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

So far, I like Baylie, Shannon (hope she makes it), HeeJun, Jen, and Colton.

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Feb 23rd 2012, 8:02 PM
Post #2363

Fav. Adam Lambert

I am sorry this one is named Adam.....he reminds me of Gokey ....Oh Well rolleyes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
bebeg
post Feb 23rd 2012, 8:03 PM
Post #2364

QUOTE(Silvia @ Feb 23rd 2012, 1:31 PM) *

There are a few ppl I literally can't stand. Reed Grimm is the worst offender. Everything about him annoys me to death! devil.gif

That screamer from NY (?) is awful!!! Such a strident, annoying voice fear2.gif I can't believe they passed him.

I don't like Jen. She has a good voice but it sometimes verging on screaming and she has too many ticks and mannerisms.

I like that Testone girl. Great voice.

And, I LOVE Heejun haha.gif Love his beautiful voice and his personality so far.

I like the Phillips guy.

I loved Lauren Gray. Can't believe they didn't pass her bloated.gif

This is the situation so far.

The talent on The Voice seems better.

We love Heejun, too. His personality is great. He's had us laughing and almost crying with him. And he has a beautiful voice. Like Phil Phillips too.

Funny, I never really get into the girls and can't remember any of their names.

QUOTE(Love2Lurk @ Feb 23rd 2012, 2:16 PM) *

Yes...that Testone girl is very good.....

So sorry about Lauren...she was great...did you catch the part with her and the voice coach....Yikes crying.gif
My view of Idol vs. The Voice.....

On Idol the contestants travel/wait for auditions; highlighting the contestants' voice first ....then moving to the show production.....

On The Voice contestants are invited, moving right into show production.....and I don't think you ever hear their voices a cappella....

And... I think I like Idol judges better than the Voices' ....Steven & JLo seem better this year and I am not crazy about Xtina & Adam Levine...anyway...they are both fun to watch !!!!

That's what I enjoy about The Voice -- we don't have to sit through those awful early audition rounds with people who have little or no talent and are only there for tv 'entertainment' purposes.

I agree that Jennifer and Steven seem better but last season they were great in the early rounds and then just checked out during the competition rounds. Hope that doesn't happen again this season.

And, I love all four judges on The Voice. I enjoy all of them as artists and I like them as judges. I've been a fan of Blake's for ten years and it's fun to see him in this setting. I really think he genuinely cares about the contestants. It's been interesting, too, to see who he turns around for - not always the singers you'd think he would turn around for. He may have a really interesting team this season.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Feb 23rd 2012, 8:19 PM
Post #2365

Fav. Adam Lambert

QUOTE(bebeg @ Feb 23rd 2012, 8:03 PM) *

We love Heejun, too. His personality is great. He's had us laughing and almost crying with him. And he has a beautiful voice. Like Phil Phillips too.

Funny, I never really get into the girls and can't remember any of their names.
That's what I enjoy about The Voice -- we don't have to sit through those awful early audition rounds with people who have little or no talent and are only there for tv 'entertainment' purposes.

I agree that Jennifer and Steven seem better but last season they were great in the early rounds and then just checked out during the competition rounds. Hope that doesn't happen again this season.

And, I love all four judges on The Voice. I enjoy all of them as artists and I like them as judges. I've been a fan of Blake's for ten years and it's fun to see him in this setting. I really think he genuinely cares about the contestants. It's been interesting, too, to see who he turns around for - not always the singers you'd think he would turn around for. He may have a really interesting team this season.

I do really like Blake too; he seems so very genuine. I will try to watch The Voice to the end this year.....
Didn't keep my interest last year.......

As far as Idol.....I like to watch the drama of them waiting .....like tonight....seems more like a real audition....
This year there have not been as many extreem sob stories....which is a good thing.....

And.....I want Idol to still do well.....it is part of Adam's branding....weather we like it or not....

This post has been edited by Love2Lurk: Feb 23rd 2012, 8:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 23rd 2012, 9:24 PM
Post #2366

And YES! Some of my other faves made it tonight. Shannon Magrane, Chase Likens, and Deandre Brackensick! grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Screengems
post Feb 24th 2012, 1:18 AM
Post #2367

Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

I got my guy picks in my siggy original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post Feb 24th 2012, 6:54 PM
Post #2368

Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

MTV News:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1679844/a...season-11.jhtml

With a nice Adam mention!!!! grin.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
bridgette12
post Feb 24th 2012, 8:18 PM
Post #2369

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

QUOTE(madamimadam @ Feb 24th 2012, 5:54 PM) *

huggy.gif It's kind of sad that heading into season 11, the last great performer they had was back in season 8, none other than the guy who's going to be performing with the greatest rock band of all time(Queen) this summer. Adam was the last Idol to actually have a moment on this show because there certainly wasn't one in season 9 or 10. This show is dead in the water with another season of bland, boring contestants who lack the "it" factor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Silvia
post Feb 24th 2012, 10:33 PM
Post #2370

Fav. Steven Tyler

Adam had many moments on the show

RoF (the biggest ever), BTBW, MW, WLL, FG, ACIGC and even Satisfaction that was great. Almost every one of his performances was GREAT.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 24th 2012, 11:21 PM
Post #2371

QUOTE(bridgette12 @ Feb 24th 2012, 8:18 PM) *

huggy.gif It's kind of sad that heading into season 11, the last great performer they had was back in season 8, none other than the guy who's going to be performing with the greatest rock band of all time(Queen) this summer. Adam was the last Idol to actually have a moment on this show because there certainly wasn't one in season 9 or 10. This show is dead in the water with another season of bland, boring contestants who lack the "it" factor.

I know. Sad as it is, there will never be another contestant like Adam. He broke the damn show.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
stardust1213
post Feb 24th 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #2372

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Feb 25th 2012, 12:21 AM) *

I know. Sad as it is, there will never be another contestant like Adam. He broke the damn show.

I will still watch Idol and the Voice... I'm not looking for a star like the coaches,producers and owners of the shows are. As everyone here knows.... we have already found our star! wub.gif . I am simply watching to be entertained... I'm not really rooting for someone like I did Adam... but hey... it's still early on... ya never know... But.. What I will say is.... I'm watching the shows in a different light... I really don't care anymore... They're just music reality shows to watch... and I will say...I do enjoy them! huggy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Screengems
post Feb 25th 2012, 4:20 AM
Post #2373

Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Feb 25th 2012, 12:21 AM) *

lmao I agree, and I miss that season so much I always think about it. 2009 heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
bridgette12
post Feb 25th 2012, 6:40 AM
Post #2374

QUOTE(stardust1213 @ Feb 24th 2012, 10:49 PM) *

I will still watch Idol and the Voice... I'm not looking for a star like the coaches,producers and owners of the shows are. As everyone here knows.... we have already found our star! wub.gif . I am simply watching to be entertained... I'm not really rooting for someone like I did Adam... but hey... it's still early on... ya never know... But.. What I will say is.... I'm watching the shows in a different light... I really don't care anymore... They're just music reality shows to watch... and I will say...I do enjoy them! huggy.gif

haha.gif I agree with you, all you can expect from these shows is to be entertained. After someone like Adam came on this show, they haven't had another contestant with his vocal abilities, stage presence or the ability to deliver amazing performances week after week, that people still remember and talk about today. They have had talented people on this show, but haven't had actual stars. What they haven't had in the last three years, is someone who owned the stage when he was on it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
sixona
post Feb 25th 2012, 9:40 AM
Post #2375

I haven't watched the show after season 8 apart from the episodes with Adam in them grin.gif
I check out Michael Slezak's recaps occasionally, he is funny and a Glambert ! haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
ssuussaann
post Feb 25th 2012, 11:06 AM
Post #2376

I just can't understand why the producers haven't yet figured out what the viewers want to see; more actual singing, less BS like repetitive snippets of auditions, long walks along cloudy runways, and judges drawing out the announcements. If only we could hear the actual songs, the show would be so much more entertaining! It wasn't always like this, but the producers are probably in panic over the sudden competition from other networks, and they just don't know what to do. Where are their marketing experts?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 25th 2012, 1:19 PM
Post #2377

One of the girls who made top 24, looks a lot like I did at her age. It's pretty wild. I looked at her, and I was like, OMG IT'S ME AT 18!!!!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post Feb 26th 2012, 8:01 AM
Post #2378

Fav. Adam Lambert

This is an awesome clip of Haley & Slash & Myles !!!!

Would love to hear Adam in this mix !!!!!

The Spindleshay‏@TheSpindleshay

All That Glitters: Haley Reinhart, Myles Kennedy, Slash - Wild Horses... http://littleglitterlittleglam.blogspot.co...d.html?spref=tw

This post has been edited by Love2Lurk: Feb 26th 2012, 8:02 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Adam_Fan_Forever
post Feb 26th 2012, 4:00 PM
Post #2379

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Feb 25th 2012, 1:19 PM) *

One of the girls who made top 24, looks a lot like I did at her age. It's pretty wild. I looked at her, and I was like, OMG IT'S ME AT 18!!!!

Which girl?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post Feb 26th 2012, 8:30 PM
Post #2380

QUOTE(Adam_Fan_Forever @ Feb 26th 2012, 4:00 PM) *

Which girl?

Hollie Cavanagh. I swear, if I looked like I did when I was 18, her & I could have been identical twins!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

798 Pages V « < 117 118 119 120 121 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 21st 2014, 11:13 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol