Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

778 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> American Idol/The Voice/X Factor/RPDR Discussion, So we can talk amongst ourselves...
swflaboy
post May 20th 2011, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Hmmmm.....closed thread?

OK then......let's try again.

Begin!

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 20th 2011, 12:51 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

barb4Adam
post May 20th 2011, 12:55 PM
Post #2

May 20, 2011 02:13 AM PDT
American Idol Recap: Oh But She's Weird and She's Wonderful
by Michael Slezak

Regardless of your contestant allegiance heading into the American Idol Top 3 results-show telecast, there were reasons to celebrate by the time the credits stopped rolling and the season finale of [cue imitation of Fox voiceover guy] Bohhhhhhhnzzzz [end imitation of Fox voiceover guy] began.

Fans of country music, the vitality of youth, plaid shirts, denim jackets, sparkly cowboy boots, the Make a Wish for Nigel Lythgoe Foundation, and the act of locking them doors and turning the lights down low had to be psyched to learn that the Season 10 finale will be a battle between 17-year-old Scotty McCreery and 16-year-old Lauren Alaina, the youngest teen-vs.-teen finale in the history of the franchise. (Fantasia and Diana De Garmo were 19 and 16 respectively when they squared off back in Season 3.)

Folks who get their thrills from railing against the horrors of the major-label music machine had plenty of outrage to feast on after abysmal performances by Italian trio Il Volo and some kind of flightless bird with a twitch in her tailfeather and a limited grasp of the English language.

And finally, Haley Reinhart supporters (like myself) got as close to a happy ending as I suppose we could’ve realistically expected. Yes, the plucky underdog who spent four of the first seven weeks of the Season 10 finals mucking around in the Bottom Three will end her Idol run having taken the stage and singing (often brilliantly) in all 13 weeks of the live-performance rounds (if you count next Wednesday’s finale, that is). Like a salmon swimming upstream and dodging the vicious claws of grizzly bear Randy Jackson and the gallons of pollutants dumped by toxic she-beast Jennifer Lopez, Haley made what has to be the most sensational (and artistically satisfying) come-from-behind run in Idol history. I’d also argue she scored more “Idol Moments” than any other contestant this season: “Bennie and the Jets,” “Moanin’,” “You and I,” “House of the Rising Sun,” “I (Who Have Nothing),” “What Is and What Should Never Be,” and “Rhiannon.”

And in what felt like a love note to the fans who watched her grow from awkward, slurry cannon fodder to a poised and confident musical risk-taker, Haley turned what could’ve been a tearful exit performance into a moment of pure triumph

It took a second for Haley to register the blow of hearing Ryan Seacrest crown Scotty and Lauren as the Top 2 vote-getters among the 95 million ballots cast; her initial facial expression was that of a woman who’d just been struck in the gut with a two-by-four (while gleeful malevolence flashed oh-so-briefly in J.Lo’s eyes). But The Growler quickly shook off her disappointment, grabbed the mic, and tore the lid off Elton John’s “Bennie and the Jets” with such pitch-perfect gusto that I honestly forgot there were still two finalists up on the stage, waiting for Mr. Host Man to reiterate the details of their matchup for next Tuesday night.

I loved the riff Haley inserted into that “Bennie! Bennie and the j-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-ehts” after she leaned backward and shimmied down the steps toward the judges. I loved how she changed up the lyrics on the fly to include the judges’ names (“Oh Randy and J.Lo have you seen ‘em yet? Oh but they’re so spaced out. Buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-Bennie and Ste-ven.”) I loved how she worked her way out into the audience and had herself a little hootenanny with the rest of season 10′s fallen finalists. And best of all was the way Haley held on to her final note, then gave an impromptu monologue while Ray Chew and his band jammed on: “Oh baby you’ll be seein’ me! This ain’t the end of this! This ain’t the end of this thing! Shin-dig! See ya later!” Haley then rushed into the arms of her dad, who’d jammed so brilliantly with her the night prior on Led Zeppelin’s “What Is and What Should Never Be,” hugged her mom, and then blew kisses and repeatedly gave the “eyes on you” hand gesture into the camera. Dare I say Haley’s final “Bennie” equaled Allison Iraheta’s “Cry Baby” as the most rousing and celebratory exit performance in Idol history?

The catharsis of Haley’s final performance was absolutely necessary, seeing how Nigel Lythgoe & Co. did absolutely nothing during Thursday night’s telecast to create any suspense about the inevitability of the Lauren-Scotty ’11 ticket. (What? Make America doubt in the veracity of his storyboard?) Heck, Haley’s ouster was foreshadowed in the opening minutes of the show, when Jimmy Iovine declared that she only had a shot at the finals if the public gave her perfect 10s for all three of her Wednesday-night performances, and then added, “I have a clear prediction for the finale: There’ll be a guy in it.”

Of course, if you needed any further confirmation that Haley was a goner, the editing of the hometown visits should’ve pretty much sealed the deal.

* Haley’s rainy trek back to Chicago was played more for comic relief than tears. “Oh! This is ours? [Bleep!]” cried Haley, as she nearly walked past the stretch limousine that ferried her to her various engagements. There was also a cute, extended shtick about whether or not Haley’s burly bodyguard would get teared up along with the contestant as she hit her high school, attended her parade (with the President of Wheeling, IL), and then hit Arlington Park racetrack to jam out with her mom, dad, and sister for a crowd of 30,000. Still, I couldn’t believe Nigel Lythgoe paid off Mother Nature to ensure a rainstorm and sabotage Haley’s homecoming. Best two Haley-isms from the package? ”Holy shikeys” and ”Thank you for freakin’ out.”

Slezak’s Glee Recap: Audition and Subtraction
Haley’s “Bennie and the Jets” Sing-Out (See above description.) Grade: A+

How are you feeling about the Scotty-Lauren final two?

Thank you for voting!
Yes 12.29%
No, it should've been Haley and Scotty 62.84%

No, it should've been Haley and Lauren 24.87%
http://www.tvline.com/2011/05/american-ido...-lauren-scotty/

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
swflaboy
post May 20th 2011, 1:10 PM
Post #3

You know, I really don't hate country but I don't really like it either. I see this year's Idol doing very well. End of story? Confused?

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post May 20th 2011, 1:20 PM
Post #4

'American Idol' interview: Haley Reinhart talks Adam Lambert, favorite cover
May 20th, 2011 12:26 pm ET
Matt Carter

After starting this season of "American Idol" as a relative unknown with very little airtime, Haley Reinhart ultimately became one of the biggest comeback stories in the history of the show. She was in the bottom three two straight times following the top 13, and she also had to face it on a number of other occasions. However, she persevered, and consequently ended up becoming one of the most creative vocalists of the season with a number of major "Idol" moments from "Bennie and the Jets" to "House of the Rising Sun" to "I (Who Am Nothing)."

After she was tragically eliminated before the finale Thursday night, I had the opportunity to speak with the 20-year old singer. She also wins the honor of being the first person to ever use the word "funkified" in an interview.

Matt: So over the past few weeks there's been this amazing groundswell of support for you, and you've had everyone from major celebrities to even past 'Idol' contestants like Adam Lambert supporting you. Have you really been in tune to that, and has that served as even more motivation for you?

Haley: Definitely. I'm not too big on the blogs -- I don't like to look at anything that can possibly be negative, but I definitely look into the tweets. I pretty much read everything that people send me. Getting that support from Adam was just amazing, because in my opinion he's just spectacular. He's. one of the best to ever set foot on that stage.[/b]

So if you could include just one cover you did on this season on a Haley Reinhart album, do you know what it would be?

Oh man ... there's just so many different types of songs. I know 'Bennie [and the Jets]' kind of launched a bunch of different stuff for me, and I kind of took a different route with the song. I got to start it off slow and jazzy like I wanted to. That would be pretty cool!

There's a bunch of different ones I can think of, but off the top of my head that and [also] 'Beautiful.' I totally changed Carole King -- it was beautiful the way it was written -- but I changed it up and funkified it. It was a different kind of cover, you know?

Examiner.com: 'American Idol' interview: Haley Reinhart talks Adam Lambert, favorite cover - National TV | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/tv-in-national/ame...4#ixzz1MumIwXBd

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
aviddem
post May 20th 2011, 1:31 PM
Post #5

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. Idol: ADAM F. LAMBERT

So why did our S10 thread get closed...because a MOD came in and said some rude and distasteful things about Haley? angry.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
glamberts
post May 20th 2011, 1:37 PM
Post #6

As I was saying. original.gif I think from all these articles Haley will be okay. At least I hope so. I've grown to like her personality alot - she's strong, she knows who she is and she seems to be able to let a lot of this negative stuff roll off her back. Kinda reminds me of someone else who didn't win either. heart.gif

QUOTE(aviddem @ May 20th 2011, 2:31 PM) *

So why did our S10 thread get closed...because a MOD came in and said some rude and distasteful things about Haley? angry.gif

yes.gif That would be my guess!

--------------------
Adam and Queen - AWESOME[/size][/b][b][i][font=Arial Black][size=7]
+Quote Post
Moxy4ever
post May 20th 2011, 1:38 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(glamberts @ May 20th 2011, 2:37 PM) *

As I was saying. original.gif I think from all these articles Haley will be okay. At least I hope so. I've grown to like her personality alot - she's strong, she knows who she is and she seems to be able to let a lot of this negative stuff roll off her back. Kinda reminds me of someone else who didn't win either. heart.gif
yes.gif That would be my guess!

THAT was a MOD????? w00t.gif fear2.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
aviddem
post May 20th 2011, 1:45 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(Moxy4ever @ May 20th 2011, 2:38 PM) *

THAT was a MOD????? w00t.gif fear2.gif

Yeah. Believe it or not. That's what pisses me off, that a MOD can come in and say something that causes a thread being closed. Aren't MOD's suppose to be the peace keepers, not the sh*t stirrers?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Jerilin
post May 20th 2011, 1:48 PM
Post #9

html geek||<3Adam Lambert||Aquarius Sun/Aries Moon

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. Movie:Hero|Author:Marie Sexton

This is just my opinion...but I think the mod you think caused the close--closed the thread herself and not another mod. I think she was pissed about what was being said because it wasn't her opinion rolleyes.gif and closed the thread. wacko.gif Jmo.

This post has been edited by Jerilin: May 20th 2011, 1:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
barb4Adam
post May 20th 2011, 1:54 PM
Post #10

America Couldn't Handle Haley Reinhart
Posted by Maressa Brown
on May 20, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Let's face it: On last night's American Idol results show, Haley Reinhart got royally sc**wed ... and so did we. Haley lost out to Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina for a chance at the title, and we lost out on our shot at a winner who could actually reach the A-list a la Carrie Underwood. And you're to blame, America. I suspect it's because you're afraid of someone who could become a real star.

The backlash has already set in with the water cooler buzz today being, "Whoa! Did you see that pissed off look on Haley's face when she found out she wasn't going on to the finale?" "How dare she look so irritated! She should have been tearful and babbling with gratitude!"

Too bad, people. She was just being honest. She wasn't putting on some phony-baloney butt-kissy show for anyone. That look said it all, and obvs I was with her, thinking, "This is BS!" It's that honesty that made her both amazing and, at the same time, it seems, intimidating to America.

America likes its sweethearts to be just that ... syrupy sweet, charming in a completely cuddly, non-threatening way, and only girl-next-door sexy -- not too glaringly so. In other words, Southern teen Lauren -- not Janis Joplin-esque gravely voiced and almost alarmingly sensual for her age Haley.

What's more, Haley had nerve, which no doubt turned off voters. I mean, she's only 20! How dare she have all of that confidence to play to the audience and the judges, star power, charisma? Who does she think she is? Doesn't she know she actually has to EARN that once we officially hand over our approval?

And then there's the fact that Haley was singing pop music, which must scare Idol voters. The final may be the "youngest ever," but it's also going to be entirely honkytonked out. Lauren and Scotty are country kids through and through, and there's no way in hell either of them would ever be a mainstream pop star. So, maybe it's about time Idol voters own the fact that they're churning out country stars and not artists who are going to compete with pop music's movers and shakers, like Rihanna, Justin Timberlake, Black Eyed Peas, Lady Gaga, etc.?

Ultimately, it seems like the majority of voters aren't considering who would make an amazingly successful star. They just wonder, "Oh, who is cute and seems like a nice kid I'd like to hang out with?" Sure, Scotty and Lauren seem terribly nice, but as far as I'm concerned, Haley is the only one with any potential to become the next Idol.
http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/1..._haley_reinhart

This post has been edited by barb4Adam: May 20th 2011, 1:59 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
prncsla
post May 20th 2011, 3:00 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Favorite AI: Adam

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/19/american...3-on-the-scene/

May 19

08:14 AM ET

Share 'American Idol' on the scene for Top 3 performance night: Haley falls, Lauren struggles, and Scotty wants 'just to be your man'
by John Young
Categories: American Idol, On the Scene, Reality TV, Television
Comments 127 Add comment.
Image Credit: Frank Micelotta/Fox/PictureGroup
If the Idoldome were a Magic 8 Ball, and you asked it whether Scotty McCreery would be this year’s winner, the Idoldome would have responded, “It is decidedly so.” Last night’s performance show felt like a coronation at times, particularly after Scotty finished crooning Kenny Rogers’ “She Believes in Me.” After that song, one guy in the audience screamed, “Welcome to the finale, Scotty!” Other folks settled on less imaginative chants, such as “We love you, Scotty” and “You’re awesome, Scotty!” I mention this because the Idoldome is my only window into what a sizable group of people thinks about these contestants. Based solely on this sample, Scotty is the most beloved of all, followed by Haley and then Lauren. But the Idoldome has been known to cheer for things like the Black Eyed Peas, so its judgment cannot always be trusted.

Behind the scenes, everyone was on their best behavior, and that made for a less satisfying show — at least from my audience seat. Nigel Lythgoe never activated the Swaybots or sent a throng of girls onstage to hug Scotty or planted a 19-year-old boy in the audience for Lauren to serenade. (Lythgoe tweeted that he was “under the weather,” so that could explain why he wasn’t up to his normal scheming.) Randy and J.Lo didn’t criticize Haley’s song choices for a change, and Ryan Seacrest didn’t show off his balloon-catching technique. But don’t fret, PopWatchers, as there are still plenty of Idoldome tidbits worth sharing, including Haley’s fall, Lauren’s gaffes, a birthday celebration, and Elijah Wood’s furry friend. Here we go:
Haley’s fall: We all know that Haley tripped on the stairs in front of the judges’ table while singing Led Zeppelin’s “What Is and What Should Never Be.” On TV, all you saw was an overhead shot of Haley getting back up without missing a beat. But before she got back up, Haley turned toward the audience and flashed a giant smile, as if to cheerfully say, “Whoops!” And I love Haley for that. There wasn’t the slightest moment of self-pity — she knew she had goofed, but what can you do but laugh at the blunder and then soldier on?

At the end of the song, Randy gave Haley a standing ovation, but J.Lo turned toward Randy and shook her head. J.Lo is clearly of the opinion that you have to be judicious with your standing ovations, just as she has been judicious with mentioning her goose bumps.

This post has been edited by prncsla: May 20th 2011, 3:19 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
prncsla
post May 20th 2011, 3:16 PM
Post #12

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Favorite AI: Adam

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/05/20/american...haley-reinhart/

Haley’s farewell: After the Growler finished her smashing performance of “Bennie and the Jets” and returned to center stage, the judges strolled up to offer their condolences. J.Lo hugged Haley, while Casey, who was on his way out of the Idoldome, stopped to hug every Idol parent in the audience he could find. Lauren was in a hopping mood — literally. She and J.Lo started jumping up and down together, and then Lauren walked over to Tyler, and they started hopping together. (Lauren, you have every right to be thrilled about making the finale, but maybe you shouldn’t be jumping for joy in front of the person who was just eliminated). whistling.gif

Goodbye, Idoldome: After the audience left the studio, the crew didn’t waste any time breaking down the set and getting parts of it ready to be shipped to the Nokia Theatre for the finale. I sat on a bench outside while waiting for my exit interview with Haley, which will be published on our Inside TV blog Friday morning. Haley’s parents sat nearby, anxiously waiting to embrace their daughter. But there was one other guy here too, and he was the first person Haley hugged when she stepped outside. His name: Casey Abrams.
[color=#FF0000]
blushing.gif heart.gif wub.gif

This post has been edited by prncsla: May 20th 2011, 3:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Love2Lurk
post May 20th 2011, 3:23 PM
Post #13

Fav. Adam Lambert

What the heck unsure.gif ?????
I was on here earlier.....everything was fine....then I come back....closed thread...reopened thread ??????

Awwwww to this....Love Haley & Casey original.gif
"But there was one other guy here too, and he was the first person Haley hugged when she stepped outside. His name: Casey Abrams"

This post has been edited by Love2Lurk: May 20th 2011, 3:26 PM

--------------------
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
isitoveryet
post May 20th 2011, 4:03 PM
Post #14

Fav. AT&T PWNS us ALL!!!

Thats pretty funny.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life
post May 20th 2011, 4:07 PM
Post #15

Fav. AI2: Kimberly Caldwell
Fav. AI7: Jason Castro
Fav. AI8: Megan Joy & Adam Lambert

I heard a little rumor that Nigel Lythgoe, of all people, started.....that Jimmy Iovine's written a song for Haley's album. Does this mean she's been signed?! Because, if so, that would certainly take the sting out of her not making the finale!

--------------------
IPB Image
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014.
+Quote Post
lucytor
post May 20th 2011, 4:39 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ May 20th 2011, 3:07 PM) *

I heard a little rumor that Nigel Lythgoe, of all people, started.....that Jimmy Iovine's written a song for Haley's album. Does this mean she's been signed?! Because, if so, that would certainly take the sting out of her not making the finale!

What takes the sting off for me is that I no longer have to worry about voting or watching this dreadful show lol...unless, of course, Sauli convinces Adam to attend a country finale.

Eh, even then I'll just rely on someone else to film the bfs for me.

--------------------
+Quote Post
madamimadam
post May 20th 2011, 4:47 PM
Post #17

Group: NX Premium Subscribers

Side note and then moving on.... I did report 'that' post as inappropriate for a moderator. Unfortunately, the way it works is that all reports fall in one basket and whichever mod sees it first, deals with it. I'm pretty sure the mod in question is the one that 'caught' it and closed down our thread.

Moving on though... Does anyone know what they meant by the third song to be sung by the two finalists is a song that would be on their albums? Does it have to be an original song written by them? Or just the 'flavor' of the songs that could be found on their albums....

The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!!

roll2.gif

--------------------
"It is what it is!"
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post May 20th 2011, 5:09 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ May 20th 2011, 1:07 PM) *

I don't think it's a rumor. That wouldn't work, him tweeting about something as big as that if it weren't happening.

He is executive producer, after all.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Adam-The boy who fell to Earth, according to Rolling Stone Magazine.
+Quote Post
aviddem
post May 20th 2011, 5:37 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(madamimadam @ May 20th 2011, 5:47 PM) *
Side note and then moving on.... I did report 'that' post as inappropriate for a moderator. Unfortunately, the way it works is that all reports fall in one basket and whichever mod sees it first, deals with it. I'm pretty sure the mod in question is the one that 'caught' it and closed down our thread.

I'm pretty ticked about this, Madam angry.gif . Maybe if a few of us "paying subscribers" to this forum also report this inappropriate post (not to mention the infantile abuse of authority of closing our thread)...would that hold some weight with the admin here?

She made foul, trashy statements about an Idol contestant (conduct unbecoming of a forum moderator IMHO); several members called her out on it, and she closes the thread out of spite? I don't appreciate being a paying member of a board whose Admin's would allow a MOD to act like the Gestapo. Someone is obviously a bit too big for her britches, and I wouldn't mind seeing her demoted or even suspended. Do they have banned camp for MOD's? blarg.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
glamberts
post May 20th 2011, 6:20 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(aviddem @ May 20th 2011, 6:37 PM) *

I'm pretty ticked about this, Madam angry.gif . Maybe if a few of us "paying subscribers" to this forum also report this inappropriate post (not to mention the infantile abuse of authority of closing our thread)...would that hold some weight with the admin here?

She made foul, trashy statements about an Idol contestant (conduct unbecoming of a forum moderator IMHO); several members called her out on it, and she closes the thread out of spite? I don't appreciate being a paying member of a board whose Admin's would allow a MOD to act like the Gestapo. Someone is obviously a bit too big for her britches, and I wouldn't mind seeing her demoted or even suspended. Do they have banned camp for MOD's? blarg.gif

That's not the first time. She is inappropriate in most of her posts and I quite frankly can't figure out how someone like that is a moderator anywhere. She posted a while back that she hated us all. And then when called out said the same thing - "I can be just like anyone else and post my opinion." I mean really!

--------------------
Adam and Queen - AWESOME[/size][/b][b][i][font=Arial Black][size=7]
+Quote Post

778 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
10 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 16th 2014, 8:32 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol