Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Survivor Redemption Island Finale Discussion
Zoey0069
post May 16th 2011, 6:15 AM
Post #41

Group: Members

Fav. SYTYCD8: Tadd Gadduang
Fav. SYTYCD10: Hayley Erbert

Vomit.

Goddess Natalie should've won. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
andrelliott rock
IPB Image
survivor: tasha spencer morgan ai13: caleb sam
sytycdau: zoey sam kathaleen lauren
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post May 16th 2011, 6:15 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

NathanaelOlsen
post May 16th 2011, 10:33 AM
Post #42

Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. AI8: Danny Gokey
Fav. Survivor Nic: Fabio!

QUOTE(Zoey0069 @ May 16th 2011, 4:15 AM) *

Vomit.

Goddess Natalie should've won. wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

Why? icecream.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Halale
post May 16th 2011, 10:37 AM
Post #43

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. SYTYCD2: Natalie Fotopoulos

QUOTE(xoypoodlesx @ May 16th 2011, 3:50 AM) *

I'd laugh if Matt was one of them and got sent right back to Redemption Island. haha.gif

roll2.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zoey0069
post May 16th 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #44

Fav. SYTYCD8: Tadd Gadduang
Fav. SYTYCD10: Hayley Erbert

QUOTE(NathanaelOlsen @ May 16th 2011, 4:33 PM) *

Why? icecream.gif

Because she was my pre-show favourite, stayed that way the entire way through and my favourites should always win.

--------------------
andrelliott rock
IPB Image
survivor: tasha spencer morgan ai13: caleb sam
sytycdau: zoey sam kathaleen lauren
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post May 16th 2011, 1:26 PM
Post #45

Just watching now. All I've gotta say is that Andrea >>>>>>>> Natalie + Ashley. Two puppets who don't have minds of their own. Was sweet when Ashley got voted off, but I actually wanted her to stay on so she could get ripped apart by the jury.

--------------------
IPB Image
And you never knew why you felt so good. In the strangest of places.
Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late. Or mall parking lots on holidays.
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post May 16th 2011, 1:32 PM
Post #46

Why didn't they have the walk to honor all those who were voted out? Weird....

--------------------
IPB Image
Like in waiting rooms and long lines that made you late. Or mall parking lots on holidays.
+Quote Post
Vickia
post May 16th 2011, 1:46 PM
Post #47

Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI9: Casey James

QUOTE(TiredOfSex @ May 16th 2011, 2:32 PM) *

Why didn't they have the walk to honor all those who were voted out? Weird....

They probably used the time they usually have for that to do the Redemption Island competition.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post May 16th 2011, 1:47 PM
Post #48

Lol, creepy Natalie is getting torn apart haha.gif. Julie called her a servant. She's right though. Rob was her daddy this entire game.

QUOTE(Vickia @ May 16th 2011, 2:46 PM) *

They probably used the time they usually have for that to do the Redemption Island competition.

Eh...that sucks. I like that part...to hear what they thought of all the contestants and to hear the contestant's thoughts.

This post has been edited by TiredOfSex: May 16th 2011, 1:50 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post May 16th 2011, 2:45 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(Vickia @ May 16th 2011, 12:49 AM) *

Can we talk about how awkward the David/Carolina proposal was? I thought for sure she was going to say no, lmao.

That was awkward. I don't even remember who she was though.

QUOTE(xoypoodlesx @ May 16th 2011, 3:50 AM) *

Funny, those were both of my guesses. Can't say I'd be too thrilled about either (though I'm not a fan of having returnees at all). Phillip/Coach would be unbearable. I'd laugh if Matt was one of them and got sent right back to Redemption Island. haha.gif

Please don't let it be Matt. Was there any scene where he didn't talk about god? I don't want any returning players, but if it had to be someone, then at least Phillip and Coach would be entertaining.

They need all new players and to get rid of Redemption Island.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
FunkyFrankie
post May 16th 2011, 5:14 PM
Post #50

How funky do you want it?
Group Icon

Group: Neurox Media Moderators

Fav. AI12: Angie Miller

QUOTE(TiredOfSex @ May 16th 2011, 2:26 PM) *

Just watching now. All I've gotta say is that Andrea >>>>>>>> Natalie + Ashley. Two puppets who don't have minds of their own. Was sweet when Ashley got voted off, but I actually wanted her to stay on so she could get ripped apart by the jury.

OMFG. Yessssssss, LOVE Andrea wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif She's so fierce. heart.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
you're always better off with a really good lie.
+Quote Post
Kelly/CarrieMyAI
post May 16th 2011, 5:23 PM
Post #51

Wow, Julie was such a bitch. And not a bitch in "oh no, you didn't" way, but really a witch. Commenting on those 3 finalists' families was really a low blow. It's ridicilous how people still can't see the difference between reality show and real world. I mean, of course, you see Matt in this game and you know he is a good person in real world, but can you consider Natalie a bad person? Rob? Phillip? Seriously, she made me so pissed off I'm writing my first comment in Survivor subforum ever.

This post has been edited by Kelly/CarrieMyAI: May 16th 2011, 5:32 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post May 16th 2011, 6:24 PM
Post #52

QUOTE(Kelly/CarrieMyAI @ May 16th 2011, 6:23 PM) *

Wow, Julie was such a bitch. And not a bitch in "oh no, you didn't" way, but really a witch. Commenting on those 3 finalists' families was really a low blow. It's ridicilous how people still can't see the difference between reality show and real world. I mean, of course, you see Matt in this game and you know he is a good person in real world, but can you consider Natalie a bad person? Rob? Phillip? Seriously, she made me so pissed off I'm writing my first comment in Survivor subforum ever.

Huh? Out of everything she said, you're upset about the family part? She didn't even say anything bad about their families haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kelly/CarrieMyAI
post May 16th 2011, 6:28 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(TiredOfSex @ May 17th 2011, 2:24 AM) *

Huh? Out of everything she said, you're upset about the family part? She didn't even say anything bad about their families haha.gif

Yeah, she was. She was referring to each of 3 finalists, like she wouldn't be proud parent of Natalie, she hopes Phillip's son will be proud of his dad and something like that about Rob. Who the f... is she to to even go that road?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post May 16th 2011, 6:31 PM
Post #54

QUOTE(FunkyFrankie @ May 16th 2011, 6:14 PM) *

OMFG. Yessssssss, LOVE Andrea wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif She's so fierce. heart.gif

Yeah, Ashley was so blind to how she was Rob's puppet that it was ridiculous. She thought Andrea was trying to throw her under the bus. No, she was just telling the truth. No wonder Andrea was always the odd one out in their group.

QUOTE(Kelly/CarrieMyAI @ May 16th 2011, 7:28 PM) *

Yeah, she was. She was referring to each of 3 finalists, like she wouldn't be proud parent of Natalie, she hopes Phillip's son will be proud of his dad and something like that about Rob. Who the f... is she to to even go that road?

Yeah, she brought up their families, but she didn't say anything bad about them. It's not like she said, "Rob, your wife is a bitch" or something like that. So I think it's a silly thing to be upset about. Rob didn't even take any offense to that. I thought if there was anything to be upset about, it was her harsh words to Natalie. Which, although harsh, they were true. Natalie was Rob's servant.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Kelly/CarrieMyAI
post May 16th 2011, 7:07 PM
Post #55

QUOTE(TiredOfSex @ May 17th 2011, 2:31 AM) *

Yeah, she brought up their families, but she didn't say anything bad about them. It's not like she said, "Rob, your wife is a bitch" or something like that. So I think it's a silly thing to be upset about. Rob didn't even take any offense to that. I thought if there was anything to be upset about, it was her harsh words to Natalie. Which, although harsh, they were true. Natalie was Rob's servant.

For me it's even worse. Questioning such things as being/not being proud parent or proud son, because Natalie/Rob/Phillip outlasted you in a GAME... It's ridicilous.

And to my view, this season was as clean as ever if we talk about decieving and blind siding. One tribe totally destroyed another... period. There was as little decieving as I could remember from previous Survivors seasons (I didn't watched them all). Rob played excelent game. In every season there is at least one moment then you see a player, who is running the show, in later stages concidered to be voted off, some feeling of possible blind side. There was almost nothing there, it seemed so effortless and trouble-free for Rob, of course because Rob played brilliant game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post May 16th 2011, 7:27 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(Kelly/CarrieMyAI @ May 16th 2011, 8:07 PM) *

For me it's even worse. Questioning such things as being/not being proud parent or proud son, because Natalie/Rob/Phillip outlasted you in a GAME... It's ridicilous.

And to my view, this season was as clean as ever if we talk about decieving and blind siding. One tribe totally destroyed another... period. There was as little decieving as I could remember from previous Survivors seasons (I didn't watched them all). Rob played excelent game. In every season there is at least one moment then you see a player, who is running the show, in later stages concidered to be voted off, some feeling of possible blind side. There was almost nothing there, it seemed so effortless and trouble-free for Rob, of course because Rob played brilliant game.

She didn't question them because she got outlasted. She questioned them because:

1. Phillip annoyed her
2. She thought Natalie was a mindless zombie and Rob manipulated her

Rob did play a brilliant game. But to say there was no deceiving is incorrect. Rob deceived his whole tribe except for Natalie and Phillip. That's the reason why his game was so brilliant. Because he controlled everyone and slit their throats. There were plenty of blindsides this season also.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ohreality
post May 16th 2011, 7:35 PM
Post #57

Ashley and Natalie were so frustrating to watch. Andrea. heart.gif

--------------------
AI13: Majesty Rose, Sam Woolf, Kristen O'Connor, Malaya Watson & Jena Irene
+Quote Post
VanDiemen
post May 16th 2011, 9:17 PM
Post #58

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. SYTYCD4: Joshua Allen
Fav. SYTYCDCA Tara-Jean & Lindsay L

Wow to all the Andrea love. She was just as bad as Natalie as far as doing nothing in this game. Ashley meanwhile won and almost won immunities. She was definitively a player down the stretch and would have won the million if she'd won the last challenge.

I'm sick of the holier than thou, blah blah BS leveled by the loser jurors at the finalists. Who, after 21 (now 22) seasons, didn't lie and deceive to win it all. rolleyes.gif

As someone who has always hated Rob, I couldn't believe I was rooting for him to be safe week to week and eventually win. I blame Russell for making Rob look so much better by comparison. Either way I felt about Rob, there really was nobody else who deserved the million.

This post has been edited by VanDiemen: May 16th 2011, 9:18 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
TiredOfSex
post May 16th 2011, 9:43 PM
Post #59

QUOTE(VanDiemen @ May 16th 2011, 10:17 PM) *

Wow to all the Andrea love. She was just as bad as Natalie as far as doing nothing in this game. Ashley meanwhile won and almost won immunities. She was definitively a player down the stretch and would have won the million if she'd won the last challenge.

Lol, you're crazy if you think that Ashley would've beaten Rob at the finals. Ashley was basically his pawn the entire game. Winning immunities doesn't mean you did anything strategic within the game. I give more credit to someone who recognizes the different scenarios and tries to make moves to affect the game to give themselves the best chance of winning than someone who just wins an immunity. Was Andrea successful in convincing people? No. But it's still more respectable than what Ashley did.

QUOTE(VanDiemen @ May 16th 2011, 10:17 PM) *

As someone who has always hated Rob, I couldn't believe I was rooting for him to be safe week to week and eventually win. I blame Russell for making Rob look so much better by comparison. Either way I felt about Rob, there really was nobody else who deserved the million.

I don't think Russell made Rob look better. Rob was just that good. Also, keep in mind that no matter how good you are, luck still plays a big part in it. Like Rob even admitted, if he had been placed on Zapatera, he might not have made it as far as he did. He was very lucky to be placed on a tribe with mindless zombies and young, impressionable girls.

This post has been edited by TiredOfSex: May 16th 2011, 9:45 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
VanDiemen
post May 16th 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #60

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. SYTYCD4: Joshua Allen
Fav. SYTYCDCA Tara-Jean & Lindsay L

QUOTE(TiredOfSex @ May 16th 2011, 10:43 PM) *

Lol, you're crazy if you think that Ashley would've beaten Rob at the finals. Ashley was basically his pawn the entire game. Winning immunities doesn't mean you did anything strategic within the game. I give more credit to someone who recognizes the different scenarios and tries to make moves to affect the game to give themselves the best chance of winning than someone who just wins an immunity. Was Andrea successful in convincing people? No. But it's still more respectable than what Ashley did.
No I'm saying Rob would've been voted out if Ashley had won that final immunity challenge. Now if Ashley, Natalie and Phillip were dumb enough to keep Rob around and vote off Phillip instead, than you are right. As possible as that foolish scenario could have been, I have some faith Ashley and Natalie would have been smart enough to see the benefit of ousting Rob.

Andrea desperately trying to save her ass the day or two after returning from Redemption Island to the people who voted her out, wasn't exactly an exercise of someone recognizing the different scenarios in the game and trying to affect the game. Other than that brief instance, she was one of those young, impressionable pawns whether it was for Matt or Rob. I do give credit to Andrea for winning that last Redemption challenge which is a testament to the value of winning challenges.

This post has been edited by VanDiemen: May 16th 2011, 10:28 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 82 Time is now: Apr 23rd 2014, 3:33 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol