Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

28 Pages V « < 26 27 28   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Venting Thread Part Three, You know the drill: No bashing members or Fan Bases.
Tusk
post Jan 2nd 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #541

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(JoCeeisme @ Jan 2nd 2012, 8:02 PM) *

Thanks bye1.gif I have seen the 'lets move forward' thing and welcome it flowers.gif I had enough of the feuds between another couple of fan bases in another season, really takes a lot of the fun out of being a fan.

I don't see how anyone who exclaims this....

Can come into a thread with this

QUOTE(JoCeeisme @ Jan 2nd 2012, 7:14 PM) *

Personally I don't give a rats vagina about Haley and her music and I would expect Haley fans to feel the same way about james (um, why cant people like two different singers and two different genres?), but once they are off Idol I dont have to listen to her stuff or any thing else I dont dig.....unfortunatly that is not how the idolverse operates, hating on other fan bases and blaming other fan bases for every little thing is what they do, it is called not having a life haha.gif And your fanbase is just as culpable as any other yes.gif

...Can be taken seriously. Someone that proclaims that they are tired of fan wars that it makes it less fun for everyone, but enters another's forum with "Personally I don't give a rats vagina about Haley and her music and I would expect Haley fans to feel the same way about james" and you call Haley fans rude....

I have consistently said I like both James and Haley and have NEVER entered a thread in that manner. I too have been extending an olive branch at the Durbin forum, ask Stooch and Durnet...and have said not one thing the way you have so eloquently put it in Haley's forum and to her fans. Nice way of not liking fan wars. Amazing how you can say you don't like something, but pile it on to others.... actions not words ......

This post has been edited by Tusk: Jan 2nd 2012, 11:19 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jan 2nd 2012, 11:18 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

mercfan3
post Jan 2nd 2012, 11:43 PM
Post #542

QUOTE(satchvai @ Jan 2nd 2012, 10:52 PM) *

I hate shipping but a large part of Haley's fan base is teenage girls so it comes with the territory. *sigh*

I'm not a fan of the shipping, either. However, I find Haley to have the most adorable chemistry with people. And I personally picked up the chemistry with Haley and Stefano the Rolling in the Deep Night. The clearly had a flirty love/hate relationship. (My favorite Haley pairing, was actually Haley with the Country twins...between Scotty and Haley giggling in the corner when Ryan was talking, and Lauren picking up Haley and spinning her when Haley made the top 3. Then of course the fact that the two of them stuck up for her after Randy made her cry...Best top 3 ever.)

My problem though, was this..I pretty much love every contestant that was on AI 10 last season, except James and Paul. And I've found that there was a time (and it still exists a little bit) where people were just down right rude about Stefano. And the fact that it was "Caley" fans, around the time where there were reports that Haley and Stefano were being extra flirty, just made it seem...bitter. And this is coming from someone who was relatively neutral from the start.

I understand people don't like him. But this is a Haley forum. And he's clearly, at the very least, a close friend to Haley. I don't think she'd like her fans bashing him, or coming up with theories about how he is no good for her, for one reason or another. I think she can decide that for herself. He seems like a nice guy to me. And I think Haley knows what's best for her.

What bothers me about the Stefaley shippers..is that seems like its all they care about. Like, Haley and Stefano's relationship is cute..but you know..Haley's got a new single coming out..I think that's what a fan is supposed to care about.

*rant done* tongue.gif

Anyway, I feel like it's a good idea to move forward with this. Because it did sort of create a division in the Haley fan base, and she's having some exciting times coming up..and that's what it should be all about.

This post has been edited by mercfan3: Jan 2nd 2012, 11:50 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
Great Things Come In Small Packages
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 2nd 2012, 11:50 PM
Post #543

QUOTE(mercfan3 @ Jan 2nd 2012, 8:43 PM) *

I'm not a fan of the shipping, either. However, I find Haley to have the most adorable chemistry with people. And I personally picked up the chemistry with Haley and Stefano the Rolling in the Deep Night. The clearly had a flirty love/hate relationship. (My favorite Haley pairing, was actually Haley with the Country twins...between Scotty and Haley giggling in the corner when Ryan was talking, and Lauren picking up Haley and spinning her when Haley made the top 3. Then of course the fact that the two of them stuck up for her after Randy made her cry...Best top 3 ever.)

My problem though, was this..I pretty much love every contestant that was on AI 10 last season, except James and Paul. And I've found that there was a time (and it still exists a little bit) where people were just down right rude about Stefano. And the fact that it was "Caley" fans, around the time where there were reports that Haley and Stefano were being extra flirty, just made it seem...bitter. And this is coming from someone who was relatively neutral from the start.

I understand people don't like him. But this is a Haley forum. And he's clearly, at the very least, a close friend to Haley. I don't think she'd like her fans bashing him, or coming up with theories about how he is no good for her, for one reason or another. I think she can decide that for herself. He seems like a nice guy to me. And I think Haley knows what's best for her.

What bothers me about the Stefaley shippers..is that seems like its all they care about. Like, Haley and Stefano's relationship is cute..but you know..Haley's got a new single coming out..I think that's what a fan is supposed to care about.

*rant done* tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
InItToWinIt
post Jan 2nd 2012, 11:52 PM
Post #544

Seems there may be some pre-Haley news stress (PHNS) going around. Hope medicine arrives soon.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 2nd 2012, 11:54 PM
Post #545

QUOTE(InItToWinIt @ Jan 2nd 2012, 8:52 PM) *

Seems there may be some pre-Haley news stress (PHNS) going around. Hope medicine arrives soon.

Everyone pull out Hiphopgamer's Haley's Journey and press play STAT! haha.gif

This post has been edited by Tusk: Jan 2nd 2012, 11:55 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Jan 3rd 2012, 12:03 AM
Post #546

QUOTE(Thom0065 @ Dec 20th 2011, 6:29 PM) *

Interesting rant ... I never got the whole James/Haley fan fight .. Personally I couldnt give a rats rectum about James and his music and I would expect a James fan to feel the same way about Haley, but once the are off Idol I dont have to listen to his stuff as I dont listen to anything else I dont dig ...

Tusk this is what I was taking it from - I said I dont see why people cant like more than one type of performer or genre if you read the whole thing.

This post has been edited by JoCeeisme: Jan 3rd 2012, 12:13 AM

--------------------
Favourite idols: Kris Allen and James Durbin.
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 3rd 2012, 12:10 AM
Post #547

So you're saying I did it because he did it?

That was a fair excuse in, when. kindergarten? Doesn't change what you posted is counter to your statement that you hate fan wars and they make things less fun. Can't complain about lack of civility uncivily.
QUOTE(JoCeeisme @ Jan 2nd 2012, 9:03 PM) *

Tusk this is what I was taking it from - I said I dont see why people cant like more than one type of performer or genre.

Context makes a difference...this posting and blogging thing is trickier than I thought.... huh.gif
haha.gif
Anyhoo, I had a similar conversation with someone about different genres and I listed the list of my taste regardless of genre. From Abba to Tchaikovsky, Olivia Newton John to Megadeth, Dixie Chicks to Yngwie Malmsteen....so yah, I would say I like different genres.

This post has been edited by Tusk: Jan 3rd 2012, 12:15 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JoCeeisme
post Jan 3rd 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #548

QUOTE(Tusk @ Jan 3rd 2012, 12:10 AM) *

That was a fair excuse in, when. kindergarten? Doesn't change what you posted is counter to your statement that you hate fan wars and they make things less fun. Can't complain about lack of civility uncivily.

Context makes a difference...this posting and blogging thing is trickier than I thought.... huh.gif
haha.gif
Anyhoo, I had a similar conversation with someone about different genres and I listed the list of my taste regardless of genre. From Abba to Tchaikovsky, Olivia Newton John to Megadeth, Dixie Chicks to Yngwie Malmsteen....so yah, I would say I like different genres.

Yes it was a bit kindergartin of me blushing.gif but when you are a fan you can be oversensitive at times and I was trying to be a bit snarky not nasty - point taken, I am going to spend some time in the naughty corner crying.gif

--------------------
Favourite idols: Kris Allen and James Durbin.
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 3rd 2012, 12:32 AM
Post #549

QUOTE(JoCeeisme @ Jan 2nd 2012, 9:22 PM) *

Yes it was a bit kindergartin of me blushing.gif but when you are a fan you can be oversensitive at times and I was trying to be a bit snarky not nasty - point taken, I am going to spend some time in the naughty corner crying.gif

Nah, just don't do it again.... haha.gif haha.gif
I can't pretend to not know what that's like, the early parts of the Idol season, it was tough being a Haley fan, seemed like we were raising our shields from arrows coming from all directions. haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fover10
post Jan 3rd 2012, 12:40 AM
Post #550

Is it safe to come in yet???

Tusk, I need one of those banner things. Can you fix me up with one???

This post has been edited by fover10: Jan 3rd 2012, 12:42 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 3rd 2012, 12:59 AM
Post #551

QUOTE(fover10 @ Jan 2nd 2012, 9:40 PM) *

Is it safe to come in yet???

Tusk, I need one of those banner things. Can you fix me up with one???

I thought you enjoyed doing Haley art? I'd be glad to do something if you want, but I think you're more than capable of coming up with something yourself. I would hate for you to miss out of the fun of creating your own Haley sig. Do one, try it out, you don't like it, do another. Once you get going, it gets easier. PM me if you want, but i think you should try to do one yourself as you've done Haley art in the past.

BTW I was looking back into the last posts and by far the funniest were your interjecting, a couple of times, "Did I miss something?" haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fover10
post Jan 3rd 2012, 10:59 AM
Post #552

QUOTE(Tusk @ Jan 3rd 2012, 12:59 AM) *

I thought you enjoyed doing Haley art? I'd be glad to do something if you want, but I think you're more than capable of coming up with something yourself. I would hate for you to miss out of the fun of creating your own Haley sig. Do one, try it out, you don't like it, do another. Once you get going, it gets easier. PM me if you want, but i think you should try to do one yourself as you've done Haley art in the past.

BTW I was looking back into the last posts and by far the funniest were your interjecting, a couple of times, "Did I miss something?" haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif

Thanks, that was the response I was looking for.

As for the art, yes I love doing it and I'm certain I can, but I lost my photoshop along with some other useful programs when I upgraded to Windows 7 last month. Should be replacing it this week?

I received your PM as well. Let me give her a go first.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 3rd 2012, 2:19 PM
Post #553

QUOTE(fover10 @ Jan 3rd 2012, 7:59 AM) *

Thanks, that was the response I was looking for.

As for the art, yes I love doing it and I'm certain I can, but I lost my photoshop along with some other useful programs when I upgraded to Windows 7 last month. Should be replacing it this week?

I received your PM as well. Let me give her a go first.

LOL the old PS 7 issue . Did you get a new computer? It's not about Windows 7, it's about an old piece of software that was created when Terrabite's of memory were not available. That much memory confuses PS 7. At least that's what I found out after a bit of research.

How you fix it, I read, is you need to partition part of your hard drive because PS 7 doesn't understand Terrabite hard drives, too big so it shuts down, so you partition it and give it a few 100 GB in its own space.

I found that out when our company upgraded to new computers and I couldn't do anything but open PS7 ...really frustrating.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fover10
post Jan 3rd 2012, 2:36 PM
Post #554

QUOTE(Tusk @ Jan 3rd 2012, 2:19 PM) *

LOL the old PS 7 issue . Did you get a new computer? It's not about Windows 7, it's about an old piece of software that was created when Terrabite's of memory were not available. That much memory confuses PS 7. At least that's what I found out after a bit of research.

How you fix it, I read, is you need to partition part of your hard drive because PS 7 doesn't understand Terrabite hard drives, too big so it shuts down, so you partition it and give it a few 100 GB in its own space.

I found that out when our company upgraded to new computers and I couldn't do anything but open PS7 ...really frustrating.

You are so right on the frustration part. I went from Vista to W7. Multiple problems include losing an external HD (could be the problem you mentioned), my scanner that HP no longer supports, and multiple programs that don't seem to work. What a nightmare!

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Thom0065
post Jan 3rd 2012, 7:36 PM
Post #555

QUOTE(JoCeeisme @ Jan 3rd 2012, 12:03 AM) *

Tusk this is what I was taking it from - I said I dont see why people cant like more than one type of performer or genre if you read the whole thing.

Now Jo you are being very disingenuous pulling up my quote, out of context, to justify your point.[u] I made that quote in response to a rant here about some unfriendly james/haley stuff. My point was, an is, that I dont get the fight between James and Haley fans, they dont compete musically. I am not a fan of james and therfore I dont listen to his stuff. I did not say it was bad, or he sucked , or that people who listen to his stuff are stupid, or crazy. His stuff is not my thing. The great thing about Idol being over is that I can get my Haley fix without having to go through stuff I dont want to hear. As you can also do if you choose, or can listen to both if you like. I dont go over to start up with James people because I see no need to do that. Further that was posted here and not on James board, as not to inflame people for no reason. Something which, btw, you are doing now .... so please if you are going to quote me, use it correctly, I will stand by anything I said or wrote ... Now go have a nice glass of sauvignon blanc from Marlborough and chill ...

Now that I have had my say I make my promise, it wont be me that breaks the peace ....

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 3rd 2012, 7:39 PM
Post #556

QUOTE(Thom0065 @ Jan 3rd 2012, 4:32 PM) *

Now Jo you are being very disingenuous pulling up my quote, out of context, to justify your point.[u] I made that quote in response to a rant here about some unfriendly james/haley stuff. My point was, an is, that I dont get the fight between James and Haley fans, they dont compete musically. I am not a fan of james and therfore I dont listen to his stuff. I did not say it was bad, or he sucked , or that people who listen to his stuff are stupid, or crazy. His stuff is not my thing. The great thing about Idol being over is that I can get my Haley fix without having to go through stuff I dont want to hear. As you can also do if you choose, or can listen to both if you like. I dont go over to start up with James people because I see no need to do that. Further that was posted here and not on James board, as not to inflame people for no reason. Something which, btw, you are doing now .... so please if you are going to quote me, use it correctly, I will stand by anything I said or wrote ... Now go have a nice glass of sauvignon blanc from Marlborough and chill ...

Jo refereced your quote for the "rats rectum" part. Because I pointed out how out of line she was for saying "rats vagina". So the reference to your post was more about those phrases, not the rest of the content of your post.

I pointed out that she was using the childish excuse of "he did it so i did it"...she agreed then apologised. She even apologised for earlier comments because being a James fan makes her hypersensitive to criticism. I understood because Haley fans were under attack brutally at one time too.

Read the posts following that one.
QUOTE(Thom0065 @ Dec 20th 2011, 3:29 PM) *

Interesting rant ... I never got the whole James/Haley fan fight ... I mean they are two completely different performers ... They are not trying to occupy the same space musically and not in competition .... even on Idol they were competing for different fans ... Other than the fact that Haley beat him out for the 3 spot, but so did Scotty and Laruen ... Personally I couldnt give a rats rectum about James and his music and I would expect a James fan to feel the same way about Haley, but once the are off Idol I dont have to listen to his stuff as I dont listen to anything else I dont dig ...

QUOTE(JoCeeisme @ Jan 2nd 2012, 7:14 PM) *

Personally I don't give a rats vagina about Haley and her music and I would expect Haley fans to feel the same way about james (um, why cant people like two different singers and two different genres?), but once they are off Idol I dont have to listen to her stuff or any thing else I dont dig.....unfortunatly that is not how the idolverse operates, hating on other fan bases and blaming other fan bases for every little thing is what they do, it is called not having a life haha.gif And your fanbase is just as culpable as any other yes.gif

QUOTE(Tusk @ Jan 2nd 2012, 8:18 PM) *

I don't see how anyone who exclaims this....

Can come into a thread with this
...Can be taken seriously. Someone that proclaims that they are tired of fan wars that it makes it less fun for everyone, but enters another's forum with "Personally I don't give a rats vagina about Haley and her music and I would expect Haley fans to feel the same way about james" and you call Haley fans rude....

I have consistently said I like both James and Haley and have NEVER entered a thread in that manner. I too have been extending an olive branch at the Durbin forum, ask Stooch and Durnet...and have said not one thing the way you have so eloquently put it in Haley's forum and to her fans. Nice way of not liking fan wars. Amazing how you can say you don't like something, but pile it on to others.... actions not words ......

QUOTE(JoCeeisme @ Jan 2nd 2012, 9:03 PM) *

QUOTE(Tusk @ Jan 2nd 2012, 9:10 PM) *

haha.gif

QUOTE(JoCeeisme @ Jan 2nd 2012, 9:22 PM) *

No need for fireworks. flowers.gif

This post has been edited by Tusk: Jan 3rd 2012, 7:59 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Thom0065
post Jan 3rd 2012, 7:51 PM
Post #557

QUOTE(Tusk @ Jan 3rd 2012, 7:39 PM) *

Jo refereced your quote for the "rats rectum" part. Because I pointed out how out of line she was for saying "rats vagina". So the reference to your post was more about those phrases, not the rest of the content of your post.

I pointed out that she was using the childish excuse of "he did it so i did it"...she agreed then apologised. She even apologised for earlier comments because being a James fan makes her hypersensitive to criticism. I understood because Haley fans were under attack brutally at one time too.

Read the posts following that one.

No need for fireworks. flowers.gif

I know ... for me, I dont want to get into the fan fights... not what I am here for... I would have stood aside as you can verbally do battle with anyone ... I just dont like my quote being used as an excuse to pick a fight, especially when it is being used out of context .... Anyway going out to play some ball ... need to keep my emotions in check .... wacko.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

28 Pages V « < 26 27 28
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Dec 21st 2014, 1:54 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol