Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

2 Pages V  1 2 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Carole King songs for Casey
TetrisMaster
post Apr 21st 2011, 8:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

Fav. AI7: Brooke White
Fav. AI11: Skylar Laine

First of all, let me just say that this may be one of the most awesome themes Idol has ever had. Carole King has had some amazing songs.

Now what would you like Casey to perform? I think he'd do well with "It's too Late" or "You've Got a Friend".

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 21st 2011, 8:27 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

jvincennes
post Apr 21st 2011, 9:18 PM
Post #2

Fav. AI5: Elliott Yamin
Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI 10 Contestant: Casey Abrams

From wikipedia:

"Jazzman" was prominently featured in the Simpsons episode "'Round Springfield", in which Lisa Simpson sings the vocals while her friend Bleeding Gums Murphy plays the saxophone.

--------------------
IPB Image

Thanks to b_fly26 for this awesome siggy.
+Quote Post
sodapop
post Apr 23rd 2011, 12:42 AM
Post #3

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI10: Casey Abrams
Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips

I think "It's Too Late" could be great for Casey as well. I wonder if songs she wrote for other artist are up for grabs.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kristie
post Apr 23rd 2011, 5:38 AM
Post #4

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI 13: Jena Irene

i found this. it's a list of songs carole king had written with her former husband gerry goffin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs...Goffin_and_King

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
catirahicks
post Apr 25th 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #5

I really hope "Itīs Too Late2 is the one he chose.
Ia m really not feeling this theme for Casey. These songs are so dull and laidback. I am a bit nervous this week.

Also I hope he did not picked Jazz Man, I dunno, first the title is too obvious, plus the song doesnīt lends itself for a moment.
The next couple of weeks are gonna be a crapshoot of whoīs going to go home between Jacob, Haley and Casey.

Lauren, Scott and James have never been in the bottom three so itīs gonna be so hard to beat them. unsure.gif Can Casey do it?
I think he can but only if he has a moment in the next couple of weeks! I am flowers.gif praying it happens.
Do you guys think there is still a chance for Casey to make the top 4 at least?

This post has been edited by catirahicks: Apr 25th 2011, 12:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ycbdmss
post Apr 25th 2011, 1:38 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(catirahicks @ Apr 25th 2011, 12:52 PM) *

Ia m really not feeling this theme for Casey. These songs are so dull and laidback. I am a bit nervous this week.

Also I hope he did not picked Jazz Man, I dunno, first the title is too obvious, plus the song doesnīt lends itself for a moment.
The next couple of weeks are gonna be a crapshoot of whoīs going to go home between Jacob, Haley and Casey.

Lauren, Scott and James have never been in the bottom three so itīs gonna be so hard to beat them. unsure.gif Can Casey do it?
I think he can but only if he has a moment in the next couple of weeks! I am flowers.gif praying it happens.

sad.gif i think haley may outlast him, she has gained so much momentum over the last few weeks. I actually think she may be in final 3. I have a feeling Casey will only end up 5th. i really hope im wrong, im hoping for a shock elimination of either Lauren or scotty, sorry any lauren scotty fans fear.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
catirahicks
post Apr 25th 2011, 4:07 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(ycbdmss @ Apr 25th 2011, 2:38 PM) *

sad.gif i think haley may outlast him, she has gained so much momentum over the last few weeks. I actually think she may be in final 3. I have a feeling Casey will only end up 5th. i really hope im wrong, im hoping for a shock elimination of either Lauren or scotty, sorry any lauren scotty fans fear.gif

You think so? Only 5th?
But Casey has so many more fans than Haley. I really hope he at least makes top 4. His fans canīt split votes these upcoming weeks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
jvincennes
post Apr 25th 2011, 8:29 PM
Post #8

Haley has been in the B3 many times already, so it is more likely that she will go sooner than Casey.

I guess we should focus on saving Casey week after week.

Our mission: BRING CASEY to the Top 3. Let's target the hometown visit! thumbsup.gif w00twave.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
catirahicks
post Apr 25th 2011, 9:27 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(jvincennes @ Apr 25th 2011, 9:29 PM) *

Haley has been in the B3 many times already, so it is more likely that she will go sooner than Casey.

I guess we should focus on saving Casey week after week.

Our mission: BRING CASEY to the Top 3. Let's target the hometown visit! thumbsup.gif w00twave.gif

Agreed! Letīs at least aim to top 3! I refuse to see him go on top 5 night. Please no...
I really really hope all his fans vote like crazy on these upcoming weeks! We need him there!
BTW did you see how excited he was to see Cookie perform! I LOVED that. wub.gif thumbsup.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
jvincennes
post Apr 25th 2011, 9:52 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(catirahicks @ Apr 26th 2011, 10:27 AM) *

Agreed! Letīs at least aim to top 3! I refuse to see him go on top 5 night. Please no...
I really really hope all his fans vote like crazy on these upcoming weeks! We need him there!
BTW did you see how excited he was to see Cookie perform! I LOVED that. wub.gif thumbsup.gif

Of course!!! w00twave.gif Casey is Cookie's favorite! wub.gif icecream.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
b_fly26
post Apr 26th 2011, 2:03 AM
Post #11

Fav. AI4: Bo Bice
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald
Fav. Stars: Marty,Jason,Blake,Sio

I need Casey in the Top 3!! icecream.gif I was rewatching Hollywood and Vegas week, he was so amazing original.gif

As for Carole King songs, "You've Got A Friend" is a good song. He can wail on the chorus original.gif

--------------------
ai11: jessica, colton, philjun | graphics: ai10, ai11
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SMILE, cuties : djokovic, berdych, fish, murray, nadal | tumblr | twitter
+Quote Post
catirahicks
post Apr 26th 2011, 12:33 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(b_fly26 @ Apr 26th 2011, 3:03 AM) *

I need Casey in the Top 3!! icecream.gif I was rewatching Hollywood and Vegas week, he was so amazing original.gif

As for Carole King songs, "You've Got A Friend" is a good song. He can wail on the chorus original.gif

PLEASE If you want him in the top 3 please help us VOTE for him. Heīs gonna need all the votes he can get.
flowers.gif I am gonna be so nervous the next upcoming weeks!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Cohoes
post Apr 26th 2011, 1:04 PM
Post #13

Fav. AI3: Jennifer Hudson
Fav. 8/Kris Allen 12/Candice Glover

QUOTE(catirahicks @ Apr 25th 2011, 12:52 PM) *

I wouldn't worry about the theme this week being Carol King. She has written many many songs. The list of songs that she wrote and recorded is not that long, but many of the songs she wrote have been sung by other artists. I like Carol King, but she (I think) makes some of her songs sound dull when she sings them and they are not. Casey is very smart and will find a song that he can work with.

I am still both a Haley and Casey fan. It's better that I am a Haley Casey fan than not a Casey fan at all and not voting for him at all. I am much more worried about Haley. She was in the B3 last week, which says that she still needs to do more. She has her work cut out for her. At this juncture...I am not worried about Casey. He could easily over take Jacob or Haley at this point. (I hope it's not Haley).James, Lauren and Scotty have not been in the B3, but Casey hasn't been in the B3 for 5 weeks. His last performance was my favorite heart.gif . We don't know how many votes Casey has picked up from eliminated contestants. He could very easily be in a better position than Lauren and Scotty. They are Country. Most of the contestants eliminated are pop and R&B. If Haley goes, he should get a lot of hers, (I would think). Scotty fans were very nervous when he was singled out to stand on the stage alone with Haley during the last weeks elimination. Is he 4th from the bottom? That is what Scotty fans are afraid of.

--------------------
+Quote Post
GreatALLENation
post Apr 26th 2011, 3:10 PM
Post #14

Fav. AI8: Kris Allen

AiNow tweeted that the Top 6 are going to perform duest tomorrow. So, another Casey/Haley duet hopefully?

--------------------
AI10: Casey. Pia.
avi: Archanaa
+Quote Post
SillyGooseMeat
post Apr 26th 2011, 3:12 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(GreatALLENation @ Apr 26th 2011, 4:10 PM) *

AiNow tweeted that the Top 6 are going to perform duest tomorrow. So, another Casey/Haley duet hopefully?

You mean tommrow as in performance night? so there will be 9 performances? 6 individual and 3 duets? That would be awesome.

--------------------
Idol favorites: Lauren Alaina, Scott McCreery, Haley Reinhart
IPB Image
+Quote Post
GreatALLENation
post Apr 26th 2011, 3:14 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(SillyGooseMeat @ Apr 26th 2011, 4:12 PM) *

You mean tommrow as in performance night? so there will be 9 performances? 6 individual and 3 duets? That would be awesome.

Yup. Just like the past two seasons. Also, EW said that they're doing duets to fill up more time including the pre-performance packages.

This post has been edited by GreatALLENation: Apr 26th 2011, 3:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Apr 26th 2011, 3:41 PM
Post #17

Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell
Fav. SYTYCD10: Aaron Turner
Fav. SYTYCD11: Ricky Ubeda

Duets?! w00t.gif I know I should say I want Casey to do his with Haley, but we've already seen that. I want to see him do one with James. They're my 2 favourite contestants, and that's the one thing I want to see before this season ends heart.gif

BUT, Casey has never performed in a small group with either Lauren or Jacob, so he may end up getting one of them sad.gif

This post has been edited by HeckYeahSYTYCD: Apr 26th 2011, 3:42 PM

--------------------
SYTYCD11: Ricky. Emily. Valerie. Casey.
+Quote Post
GreatALLENation
post Apr 26th 2011, 3:51 PM
Post #18

What I think might happen tomorrow night is Casey and Haley (two who I think would be great on this theme) will end up with someone that would have trouble with this theme. You know? So, it might be Casey/James and Haley/Jacob or one of them could end up with Scotty or Lauren.
Or it can end up like S8's Top 4 Rock week- Adam and Allison (both rockers) and Kris and Danny (ones that wouldn't particularly do well with Rock.)

And AI just tweeted a picture of Lauren and Scotty during rehearsals and it looks like they're dueting with each other.

This post has been edited by GreatALLENation: Apr 26th 2011, 3:56 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Apr 26th 2011, 4:01 PM
Post #19

Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell
Fav. SYTYCD10: Aaron Turner
Fav. SYTYCD11: Ricky Ubeda

QUOTE(GreatALLENation @ Apr 26th 2011, 9:51 PM) *

And AI just tweeted a picture of Lauren and Scotty during rehearsals and it looks like they're dueting with each other.

That certainly doesn't surprise me. And I could definitely see them putting Haley and Jacob together, so I could get my James/Casey wish after all w00t.gif But I really hope Casey/Jacob doesn't happen, because even thouh I think they'd work really well together, James/Haley may not, and James is almost on a par with Casey for me, so I've got to think about him too. Also, obviously Casey/Haley would obviously be awesome, James/Jacob would not noexpression.gif

--------------------
SYTYCD11: Ricky. Emily. Valerie. Casey.
+Quote Post
kristie
post Apr 26th 2011, 4:35 PM
Post #20

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI 13: Jena Irene

QUOTE(GreatALLENation @ Apr 26th 2011, 4:10 PM) *

i hope so. happy.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Sep 23rd 2014, 7:21 AM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol