Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Closed TopicStart new topic
> Adam lambert 2.0
The_old_wench
post Apr 28th 2011, 6:42 PM
Post #41

Group: Members

QUOTE(~Erin~ @ Apr 28th 2011, 6:54 PM) *

Wow, you really took it to the next level on this!! I don't blame you, though! happy.gif

Really hope James is safe tonight!! Ryan hasn't tweeted anything about a shocker!

Well, this has been building since the season began. Honestly, those radical fans that bash James and spew hate all over the internet played a HUGE part in me reaching the breaking point. Adam chose to feed into that rather than discouraging it. It reminds me of the bratty kid we all knew growing up that could only have one friend at a time and was incapable of playing well or sharing with others. I don't have time for immature, petty, jealous BS and I sure as heck am not going to reward it.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 28th 2011, 6:42 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

~Erin~
post Apr 28th 2011, 6:43 PM
Post #42

Fav. AI10: James Durbin
Fav. AI11: Phillip Phillips
Fav. AI11: Phillip/Jessica/Hollie

QUOTE(Naira @ Apr 28th 2011, 7:42 PM) *

Can I say how disgusted I am with what Adam did? It was bad enough that some of his fans were stalking and harassing and bullying everything online that had to do with James. But most people figured Adam wasn't responsible for his loon fans. But now, he's fueling the James hate himself, and giving it his benediction. He's just as awful as some of his hateful fans. But karma's a biotch, and Adam and his fans will no doubt reap what they sowed.

I think Adam's actually jealous that James might win!! laughing.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Apr 28th 2011, 6:44 PM
Post #43

Group: NX Subscribers

QUOTE(~Erin~ @ Apr 28th 2011, 7:43 PM) *

Yes, he is. Bitter and jealous. Blech. bloated.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
LuckyOtter
post Apr 28th 2011, 6:45 PM
Post #44

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI13: Caleb Johnson/Jena Irene

I was thinking the same thing. ermm.gif Kinda immature, wouldn't you say? Adam is very transparent. He's made a fool out of himself...again.

I remember people blamed Danny for having no filter, but...he has handled celebrity much better than Adam has and is always very tactful and not very forthcoming about how he feels about other Idol contestants. For the past two years, he has never even said who his favorite is. When he does talk about them, he is usually positive or at least neutral and doesn't give away too much.

I think Adam's been smoking too much pot. IPB Image

This post has been edited by dcfreak: Apr 28th 2011, 6:50 PM

--------------------
Michael Johns 1978-2014 ~ R.I.P.
100 Finalists Ranked/Seasons 5-13 / LuckyOtter's Redos
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
Post #45

Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell
Fav. SYTYCD10: Aaron Turner
Fav. SYTYCD11: Ricky Ubeda

QUOTE(~Erin~ @ Apr 29th 2011, 12:43 AM) *

I wonder what Adam will have to say if James does win? fear2.gif All I know is that I will be feeling rather smug about it happy.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SCD12: Jake & Janette, Mark & Karen, Frankie & Kevin, Steve & Ola
SYTYCD11: Ricky, Valerie, Emily, Casey
+Quote Post
~Erin~
Post #46

QUOTE(dcfreak @ Apr 28th 2011, 7:45 PM) *

I was thinking the same thing. ermm.gif Kinda immature, wouldn't you say?

Definitely!! I think he wants James to lose because he lost! laughing.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
The_old_wench
post Apr 28th 2011, 6:47 PM
Post #47

QUOTE(Naira @ Apr 28th 2011, 7:42 PM) *

Can I say how disgusted I am with what Adam did? It was bad enough that some of his fans were stalking, harassing, and bullying everything online that had to do with James. But most people figured Adam wasn't responsible for his loon fans. But now, he's fueling the James hate himself, and giving it his benediction. He's just as awful as some of his hateful fans. But karma's a biotch, and Adam and his fans will no doubt reap what they sowed.

THIS!!!

I used to think Adam was a good person but now I can see that he is NOT. I'll never spend another red cent on his music as long as I live.

--------------------
+Quote Post
~Erin~
post Apr 28th 2011, 6:48 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(The_old_wench @ Apr 28th 2011, 7:47 PM) *

THIS!!!

I used to think Adam was a good person but now I can see that he is NOT. I'll never spend another red cent on his music as long as I live.

I love your exaggeration here! grin.gif laughing.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
The_old_wench
post Apr 28th 2011, 6:52 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(~Erin~ @ Apr 28th 2011, 7:48 PM) *

I love your exaggeration here! grin.gif laughing.gif

I'm not exaggerating, though. I really will never support him again. He knows full well how his more whacky fans will react to what he said. I really, genuinely dislike him after this.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Apr 28th 2011, 6:59 PM
Post #50

QUOTE(The_old_wench @ Apr 28th 2011, 7:52 PM) *

I'm not exaggerating, though. I really will never support him again. He knows full well how his more whacky fans will react to what he said. I really, genuinely dislike him after this.

I totally get what you're saying! Good for you. Adam doesn't deserve your devotion.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
PhilStaceyPhan07
post Apr 28th 2011, 8:39 PM
Post #51

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI8: Kradison <3

QUOTE(~Erin~ @ Apr 28th 2011, 3:40 PM) *

Here's the article in GD that talks about it, the thread is locked now, though:

The constant comparisons of James Durbin to Adam have no doubt been a thorn in the side of both singers, but now the senior Idol says, he’s “kind of over” James. “I think he's got talent and passion 100%, but I feel like he's trying way too hard,” Adam opines. “Also, his niche is so limited with the metal. When he did that “Heavy Metal” song [by Sammy Hagar], James was note-perfect. He was on pitch, which is usually kind of an issue, and I think he sounded really good but it felt like a copycat. I didn’t feel like I was seeing an original artist yet. And I'm not saying he doesn't have that in him, but it hasn’t been showing. Whereas Haley and Casey, they're bringing a little more legitimacy to it. They're more grounded in their own voices. When they did that jazz duet, that was nuts! They give off a good vibe.”
He also advises the contestants to pay attention to what the seasoned music business veterans have to offer – they are, after all, there to help and guide them. Says Adam: “Yeah, you can stick to your guns, like James did when he was arguing with Jimmy Iovine, but I also feel like, ‘You're new to this, dude. Listen up!’ ”

If anyone else had said this, no one would care so much. It's because it's Adam. Don't deny it.

--------------------
Rest In Peace Michael Johns. You will be missed. We'll see you across the universe someday.
IPB Image
Icon by Jess ~ Facebook - Twitter - Instagram ~ Carry On...
+Quote Post
The_old_wench
post Apr 28th 2011, 9:06 PM
Post #52

QUOTE(PhilStaceyPhan07 @ Apr 28th 2011, 9:39 PM) *

If anyone else had said this, no one would care so much. It's because it's Adam. Don't deny it.

If Elliott said it that would devastate me because he is my favorite contestant of all times. If ANY past contestant that was a favorite of mine said this it would upset me VERY much. Adam WAS a favorite of mine. I was one of the first people to join his official site the very day it opened. I've been banned from multiple AI forums because I defended Adam during season 8. I was a very loyal fan that bought his CD even though I didn't like it at all. I supported him even when his behavior was so bad that I had to shield my child from his performance videos online. Adam KNOWS full well that his more rabid fans have been attacking James relentlessly and being nasty. It's all over Twitter for crying out loud. Adam is playing right into it and he KNOWS that. That is what makes it SO WRONG for him to say what he did. Adam's fan base is split about James...many like James and many don't and the ones that don't can be downright hateful. So it's not just that it's Adam...it's because it's someone a lot of James fans also supported and it feels like Adam is purposely and intentionally trying to sabotage James and that p!sses me off. It makes me regret every vote I ever cast for that a$$hole! angry.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Serendie
post Apr 28th 2011, 9:16 PM
Post #53

Fav. AI7: David Cook
Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

Hmm... don't know how I feel about Adam anymore. I mean we're all allowed to have our favorites, and I couldn't care less he likes Casey and Haley. But yeah, what he said rubbed me the wrong way, and I am a HUGE Adam fan...

The rabid, insane fans are definitely going to treat this as gospel, since they think Adam is their god. Honestly, I've never known more insane fans than some of the Adam ones.

This post has been edited by Serendie: Apr 28th 2011, 9:17 PM

--------------------

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes...
IPB Image IPB Image IPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
ALB
post Apr 28th 2011, 9:33 PM
Post #54

Yeah that not winning thing really hurt him, lol. So much that he has to go all the way to Moscow to perform for goodness sake! original.gif
I really like James but Adam had some good critiques along with some very nice compliments too. I don't think he said anything insulting, just his opinion. The vast majority of Adam fans don't count on Adam to tell them what to like or not. Their are some crazies in every fandom.
And really James is better off not winning. Do you really see or want him to do the Disney thing? The pressure to come out with huge sales out of the gate is much less for the runner and yet it doesn't limit what he can do. I really think he will also have less pressure to adhere to a more commercial sound. I just don't think that is James.
As far as jealousy, please, Adam is far too busy working on his second album after his constantly extended world tour, Grammy nom, red carpets, new boyfriend, etc. I doubt he is losing any sleep over James.
I plan on purchasing James music if I like it even though I am an Adam fan. Adam liking it or not is not going to mean a thing.This is of course assuming James makes it further and gets signed. There is still a long way to go here and however you take Adam's comments it is nothing to what any of these kids will face by RL reviewers and critics. Save the energy for them, it sure can get ugly out there.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Naira
post Apr 28th 2011, 9:41 PM
Post #55

^Sorry, but like the majority of those who read his comments, I agree he does sound bitter and jealous.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Serendie
post Apr 28th 2011, 9:43 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(ALB @ Apr 28th 2011, 7:33 PM) *

I really like James but Adam had some good critiques along with some very nice compliments too. I don't think he said anything insulting, just his opinion. The vast majority of Adam fans don't count on Adam to tell them what to like or not. Their are some crazies in every fandom.

And really James is better off not winning. Do you really see or want him to do the Disney thing? The pressure to come out with huge sales out of the gate is much less for the runner and yet it doesn't limit what he can do. I really think he will also have less pressure to adhere to a more commercial sound. I just don't think that is James.

Winning didn't hurt Cook...

I hate that old, "it's better not to win" phrase... it's obvious how badly James wants to win. IMO, if James were to win, his reaction would be priceless. Best. reaction. EVER! He's like a kid with his excitement and it would truly be touching to see.

No, I hope he doesn't do a strictly metal/hard rock album, and I highly doubt he will. What he should do is a slightly more heavier Muse style of music.

I like Adam, but it's getting to a point where I'm liking him less and less for a variety of reasons...

This post has been edited by Serendie: Apr 28th 2011, 9:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ALB
post Apr 28th 2011, 9:58 PM
Post #57

QUOTE(Serendie @ Apr 28th 2011, 10:16 PM) *

Hmm... don't know how I feel about Adam anymore. I mean we're all allowed to have our favorites, and I couldn't care less he likes Casey and Haley. But yeah, what he said rubbed me the wrong way, and I am a HUGE Adam fan...

The rabid, insane fans are definitely going to treat this as gospel, since they think Adam is their god. Honestly, I've never known more insane fans than some of the Adam ones.

There are rabid, insane fans in every fandom not just Adam's. You should have seen what the Nikki Minag and Gaga fans were spewing after Adam won MTV's F"""k Yeah Tumblir award. Thankfully they are just a small but vocal handful and really don't have much buying power, which is where it counts. And for more rabid, insane check out some of the truly disgusting posts under pretty much every Adam article out in the real world. If all you got was being "rubbed the wrong way", let it prepare you for what is coming from the hateful people that troll the Internet just looking for sh"t they can stir up and it isn't just going to be Adam fans. I mean, there were protesters from the Westboro church at a couple of Adam's concert with children carrying the most vile messages against Adam and his fans that don't even bear repeating just because he is gay. It is naive to think think that a handful of Adam's fans are the worst thing out there.

QUOTE(Naira @ Apr 28th 2011, 10:41 PM) *

^Sorry, but like the majority of those who read his comments, I agree he does sound bitter and jealous.

I don't know about the majority except here in a James Durbin forum. Plenty of people also agreed with him and thought he was spot on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Serendie
post Apr 28th 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #58

QUOTE(ALB @ Apr 28th 2011, 7:58 PM) *

There are rabid, insane fans in every fandom not just Adam's. You should have seen what the Nikki Minag and Gaga fans were spewing after Adam won MTV's F"""k Yeah Tumblir award. Thankfully they are just a small but vocal handful and really don't have much buying power, which is where it counts. And for more rabid, insane check out some of the truly disgusting posts under pretty much every Adam article out in the real world. If all you got was being "rubbed the wrong way", let it prepare you for what is coming from the hateful people that troll the Internet just looking for sh"t they can stir up and it isn't just going to be Adam fans. I mean, there were protesters from the Westboro church at a couple of Adam's concert with children carrying the most vile messages against Adam and his fans that don't even bear repeating just because he is gay. It is naive to think think that a handful of Adam's fans are the worst thing out there.
I don't know about the majority except here in a James Durbin forum. Plenty of people also agreed with him and thought he was spot on.

Oh I know everything that went on with Adam, afterall, I am a HUGE Adam fan myself... but still, I stand by my original comments. I've seem Adam in concert, I have a few t-shirts and of course his album, but I'm kind of falling out of love with him. I love his music still, and I can't wait for his new album, but meh, I don't know...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Naira
post Apr 28th 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #59

QUOTE(ALB @ Apr 28th 2011, 10:58 PM) *

Yeah, the Glamberts.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
ALB
post Apr 28th 2011, 10:14 PM
Post #60

QUOTE(Serendie @ Apr 28th 2011, 10:43 PM) *

Winning didn't hurt Cook...

I hate that old, "it's better not to win" phrase... it's obvious how badly James wants to win. IMO, if James were to win, his reaction would be priceless. Best. reaction. EVER! He's like a kid with his excitement and it would truly be touching to see.

No, I hope he doesn't do a strictly metal/hard rock album, and I highly doubt he will. What he should do is a slightly more heavier Muse style of music.

I like Adam, but it's getting to a point where I'm liking him less and less for a variety of reasons...

I am sure Adam wanted to win pretty badly too and his face would have been a joy to see for me also.I am just pointing out that after two, long, hard working years, things have turned out pretty well for him as runner up and I really think in the end better. As a winner James will be heavily pressured to have a Top 10 mainstream hit. Not even MUSE can count on that and they are huge and fill stadiums and it took them years to build up to that. But this is American Idol and would take a huge shift in the way they do things for this path to be taken for an AI winner.

QUOTE(Naira @ Apr 28th 2011, 11:07 PM) *

Yeah, the Glamberts.

Just like the Durbinites.

QUOTE(Serendie @ Apr 28th 2011, 11:00 PM) *

Oh I know everything that went on with Adam, afterall, I am a HUGE Adam fan myself... but still, I stand by my original comments. I've seem Adam in concert, I have a few t-shirts and of course his album, but I'm kind of falling out of love with him. I love his music still, and I can't wait for his new album, but meh, I don't know...

Sounds like you are pretty much still on board to me. Hell, I don't even have any T-shirts. My pocketbook resisted that temptation, lol. I can't wait for the next album too.

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 24th 2014, 3:24 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol