Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

3 Pages V < 1 2 3   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Haley's Unlisted Youtube Videos
ADX3018
post Jun 5th 2011, 3:15 AM
Post #41

Group: Members

QUOTE(ADX3018 @ Jun 5th 2011, 4:03 AM) *

There's no way that's Haley. Besides the obvious, to which others have already alluded (physical appearance, vocal sound, etc.), the Miles Davis song might be the same, but it's from two different events. The date of the video clip is from Summer 2009. If you look at the "inside Harper" newsletter pdf, the date is from Summer 2010, and the pictures clearly show it is an outside event (and not inside as in the video clip), and the picture of Haley in the newsletter shows her with her curly hair-style, and not straight (as shown worn by the girl in the video clip).

Further, references from Ken Spurr indicate that she was new to the Jazz style of singing when she joined the class, and he pushed her to push herself in the Jazz style. Nevertheless, though she may have been a "newbie" in the Jazz style, we all know very well by now (if you are a true fan and have been following her) that she was otherwise quite the seasoned singer by summer of 2009. Judging from the tone and mannerisms of the girl in this video clip (she just seems somewhat timid in her approach), it's not Haley.

One more thing. She may have been the first ever singer (and only one) to have been added to the school's jazz band (that is, "official" performing jazz band). There apparently are other jazz entities at the school (e.g., jazz lab, jazz improv, the latter of which the video clip indicates the performance was from).

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Jun 5th 2011, 3:15 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

figure8
post Jun 5th 2011, 3:31 AM
Post #42

QUOTE(ADX3018 @ Jun 5th 2011, 3:03 AM) *

There's no way that's Haley. Besides the obvious, to which others have already alluded (physical appearance, vocal sound, etc.), the Miles Davis song might be the same, but it's from two different events. The date of the video clip is from Summer 2009. If you look at the "inside Harper" newsletter pdf, the date is from Summer 2010, and the pictures clearly show it is an outside event (and not inside as in the video clip), and the picture of Haley in the newsletter shows her with her curly hair-style, and not straight (as shown worn by the girl in the video clip).

Further, references from Ken Spurr indicate that she was new to the Jazz style of singing when she joined the class, and he pushed her to push herself in the Jazz style. Nevertheless, though she may have been a "newbie" in the Jazz style, we all know very well by now (if you are a true fan and have been following her) that she was otherwise quite the seasoned singer by summer of 2009. Judging from the tone and mannerisms of the girl in this video clip (she just seems somewhat timid in her approach), it's not Haley.

You may be right, but unless someone asks Haley or someone involved, we might never know for 100% sure.

By the way, she did have straight hair by the end of 2009.

Yes, the person is a bit restrained, but this would be her first summer after high school and working with Harper for perhaps the first time. So, wouldn't that make sense?

The reason I mentioned the 2010 newsletter was that it was clear she had worked on it (that song) in the past (and she's mentioned that she did the improv group too). So, it's pausible that is her practicing it with the improv gorup.

This post has been edited by figure8: Jun 5th 2011, 3:55 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
figure8
post Jun 5th 2011, 3:45 AM
Post #43

QUOTE(ADX3018 @ Jun 5th 2011, 3:03 AM) *

I'd note that she had done Jazz work for a couple of years in high school though i wouldn't know how wide a range of stuff she did. She and her high school jazz band traveled to the Umbria and Montreux Jazz festivals summer 2009. They also participated in the Midwest clinic previously (late 2008). (See her Night and Day vids in the Official Video's thread).

This post has been edited by figure8: Jun 5th 2011, 3:50 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Himm2
post Nov 25th 2011, 11:36 AM
Post #44

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. AI5: Katharine McPhee
Fav. AI13: Kristen O'Connor

QUOTE(figure8 @ Apr 17th 2011, 3:01 AM) *

Great find.

Here are the youtube references in case you had the same problem I had (the movies didn't play).
The rest were already in the official video thread already: http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=663236
Haley & Ken Spurr Trio

Moanin' & At Last

This one is cool. Called Grooving on the Rythm and Skins. Instrumental but with Haley.

The way you look tonight

Harper Jazz Ensemble

The way you look tonight (May 2010):

Have yourself a merry little christmas (Dec 2009):

I'm procrastinating putting up Christmas decorations on my day off when I have time to kill so I went looking thru some old threads and found these great Youtubes that figure8 compiled of Haley's pre-idol days and thought it deserved a bump, especially the "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" as we get deeper into the holiday season and wanting more from Haley's Holiday Tunes than just "Baby, It's Cold Outside". I gotta capture this as an MP3 to put on my itunes list.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Zem
post Nov 25th 2011, 12:35 PM
Post #45

QUOTE(Himm2 @ Nov 25th 2011, 5:36 PM) *

I'm procrastinating putting up Christmas decorations on my day off when I have time to kill so I went looking thru some old threads and found these great Youtubes that figure8 compiled of Haley's pre-idol days and thought it deserved a bump, especially the "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" as we get deeper into the holiday season and wanting more from Haley's Holiday Tunes than just "Baby, It's Cold Outside". I gotta capture this as an MP3 to put on my itunes list.

Have a look here first: http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=673724

I dont know if the links are still good but worth a try.

--------------------
"Que Sera"

+Quote Post
Himm2
post Dec 21st 2011, 6:30 AM
Post #46

I was very impressed with Hooked On Haley's Slideshow of "Earth Song":

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Dec 21st 2011, 6:40 AM
Post #47

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(Himm2 @ Dec 21st 2011, 3:30 AM) *

I was very impressed with Hooked On Haley's Slideshow of "Earth Song":

Wow
Disturbing and beautiful at the same time. fear2.gif heart.gif
Excellent Imagery and editing
Best Video he's done, yet yes.gif

(After umpteenth listening ES Studio has lost none of it's Perfection heart.gif )

This post has been edited by Tusk: Dec 21st 2011, 6:42 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
JMT
post Dec 28th 2011, 5:42 PM
Post #48

QUOTE(kimtv5 @ Apr 16th 2011, 11:15 PM) *

Little did I know, on his website, all of his videos include Haley singing prior to idol, from 2009 to 2010. Here is the website: kenspurr.com and when you click "video clips & pics" there will be mulitiple pages of youtube videos that are unlisted, which means you cannot find them in a youtube search. So hopefully you guys and gals enjoy. turned.gif

Just listening again to all of Haley's Harper College videos posted on the Ken Spurr website (quiet day at the office doing some mindless work):

AMAZING. AMAZING AMAZING. And Haley does some serious GROWLING on the Moanin' tune. She did NOT just 'discover' the growl during Hollywood Week. She pulled it out of her arsenal to help distinguish herself at the time of most need.

--------------------
+Quote Post
warblerbert
post Dec 31st 2011, 8:02 PM
Post #49

Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCD4: Joshua Allen
Fav. Dancers: Jess LeProt. Danny T.

Little did I know, on his website, all of his videos include Haley singing prior to idol, from 2009 to 2010. Here is the website: kenspurr.com and when you click "video clips & pics" there will be mulitiple pages of youtube videos that are unlisted, which means you cannot find them in a youtube search. So hopefully you guys and gals enjoy. turned.gif

My roommate is going to love this! Thanks. flowers.gif

--------------------
SYTYCD-US: 1 Ashle' Jamile Melody Kamilah 2 Benji Natalie Heidi Musa Travis 3 Danny Sara Lacey Pasha 4 Joshua Katee Gev 5 Jeanine Janette 6 Jakob Ryan Ellenore Kathryn 7 Alex Billy Lauren 8 Jess Miranda Ricky Wadi Clarice
+Quote Post
Himm2
post Jan 1st 2012, 6:43 PM
Post #50

A super cute addition to a fabulous smile! The only thing more fun would be her vibrating her lips with that finger in response to some foolish thing Randy Jackson would say.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 1st 2012, 6:50 PM
Post #51

QUOTE(Himm2 @ Jan 1st 2012, 3:43 PM) *

A super cute addition to a fabulous smile! The only thing more fun would be her vibrating her lips with that finger in response to some foolish thing Randy Jackson would say.

Same gesture from Haleyloonies when Slezak referred to other's being called "emotionally perfect"

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hiphopgamer26
post Jan 1st 2012, 8:47 PM
Post #52

Amber199724

--------------------
No here anymore
+Quote Post
jjames865
post Jan 1st 2012, 8:54 PM
Post #53

QUOTE(Hiphopgamer26 @ Jan 1st 2012, 8:47 PM) *

Amber199724

Thanks for posting.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
warblerbert
post Jan 2nd 2012, 11:25 AM
Post #54

Fav. SYTYCD6: Jakob Karr
Fav. SYTYCD4: Joshua Allen
Fav. Dancers: Jess LeProt. Danny T.

QUOTE(Hiphopgamer26 @ Jan 1st 2012, 7:47 PM) *

Amber199724

Their voices are very compatible. original.gif

--------------------
SYTYCD-US: 1 Ashle' Jamile Melody Kamilah 2 Benji Natalie Heidi Musa Travis 3 Danny Sara Lacey Pasha 4 Joshua Katee Gev 5 Jeanine Janette 6 Jakob Ryan Ellenore Kathryn 7 Alex Billy Lauren 8 Jess Miranda Ricky Wadi Clarice
+Quote Post
Sportsman280
post Jan 31st 2012, 8:06 PM
Post #55

Fav. AI8: Anoop Desai
Fav. AI11: Elise Testone

Anyone ever find her cover of Killing Me Softly that got taken off of youtube once the lives started? I've always wanted to hear her on that song.

--------------------
+Quote Post
kimtv5
post Jan 31st 2012, 8:08 PM
Post #56

QUOTE(Sportsman280 @ Jan 31st 2012, 5:06 PM) *

Anyone ever find her cover of Killing Me Softly that got taken off of youtube once the lives started? I've always wanted to hear her on that song.

me too! and her slam poetry videos

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Jan 31st 2012, 8:12 PM
Post #57

QUOTE(Sportsman280 @ Jan 31st 2012, 5:06 PM) *

For some reason, I remember reading somewhere that it was actually a vid of Angie singing it, not Haley. I don't remember when, who or what and likely it was hearsay, but I remember doing a search for it, and that coming up in my early ravenous web search for anything to do with Haley Reinhart. wacko.gif
Take it for what it's worth. unsure.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Oct 25th 2014, 8:06 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol