Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Top 7 Discussion, For anyone interested....
lifesabeach
post Apr 16th 2011, 3:11 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

‘American Idol’ Power List: James Durbin & Scotty McCreery Are Riding High

American Idol Idolator Power ListGrab a kleenex and say good riddance—er, we mean farewell—to American Idol Season 10’s floral-friendly Nashville crooner Paul McDonald, who was voted off the show after tanking on movie night. His departure doesn’t really affect our weekly Idol Power List, though, since he was dead last on it last week. Head below to see how the remaining seven contestants ranked, post-Paul.

James Durbin (7 points) hit us with the best performance by far as the Idols tackled songs of the cinema. Following his thrashing performance of Sammy Hagar’s “Heavy Metal” (from the film of the same name), Scott McCreery (6) continued his hot streak with George Strait’s Pure Country tune “I Cross My Heart.” As we stated earlier this week, these two are looking like the ones to beat this season (though after Pia Toscano’s way-too-early dismissal, anything is possible, it seems).

Stefano Langone (5) redeemed himself by finally tapping into some inner emotions when he sang Boyz II Men’s Boomerang ballad “End Of The Road.” Unfortunately for him, we had to dock him a point for landing in the Bottom Three last night.

Casey Abrams (4) was also good, while Lauren Alaina (3), Hayley Reinhart (2) and Jacob Lusk (1) gave ho-hum performances. And—sigh—sorry, Haley, but you lose a point too for winding up in the Bottom Three with Stefano and Paul McDonald.

Agree with how we have the remaining Idol hopefuls ranked below? Think we need to have our ears examined? Let us know!

AMERICAN IDOL POWER LIST, WEEK #6 — TOP 7

1. James Durbin (46, Last Week #1)
2. Scotty McCreery (40, Last Week #2)
3. ↑Casey Abrams (32, Last Week #4)
4. ↓Jacob Lusk (30, Last Week #4)
5. Lauren Alaina (29, Last Week #5)
6. Haley Reinhart (25, Last Week #6)
7. Stefano Langone (19, Last Week #7)
http://idolator.com/5824902/american-idol-...scotty-mccreery

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Adam-The boy who fell to Earth, according to Rolling Stone Magazine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 16th 2011, 3:11 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

blackfield
post Apr 16th 2011, 3:39 PM
Post #2

<crickets>

--------------------
"only when the man has cut the last tree, poisoned the last river and killed the last fish, he finds out he can't eat money".
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Apr 16th 2011, 3:47 PM
Post #3

haha.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
blackfield
post Apr 16th 2011, 3:50 PM
Post #4

i doubt if you will find anyone discussing it.. but who do you think will get the boot next week?

--------------------
"only when the man has cut the last tree, poisoned the last river and killed the last fish, he finds out he can't eat money".
+Quote Post
lifesabeach
post Apr 16th 2011, 3:53 PM
Post #5

Stefano - finally rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
blackfield
post Apr 16th 2011, 3:55 PM
Post #6

it will be funnier if casey will.. or scotty. IDF will crash down.

--------------------
+Quote Post
taylortriumphs
post Apr 16th 2011, 4:40 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(lifesabeach @ Apr 16th 2011, 11:53 PM) *

Stefano - finally rolleyes.gif

With the number of lives he's had (still 5 more to go in a cat's world) I won't be surprised if he goes on to win this ... Jennifer Lopez thinks he can! I actually feel sorry for the guy, but am still pissed that he, Haley and Jacob lasted longer than Paul! I was so banking on them leaving first, so that he would at least make Top 5!

--------------------
+Quote Post
jstxanothrxstory
post Apr 16th 2011, 5:19 PM
Post #8

Hopefully Haley's the next one to go. She should've peaced before the Top 24 even happened. noexpression.gif

But then again, I only really care about James, now. Casey and Jacob are cool, too. The rest are just mixtures of noexpression.gif and yawn.gif.

--------------------
I Andrew. » Last.fm. Twitter.
01: kelly. nikki. ryan. » 02: kimberly. kimberley. » 03: jon. fantasia. george.
jennifer. » 04: bo. nadia. mikalah. » 05: chris. katharine. » 06: blake. chris. gina.
melinda. jordin. » 07: david. carly. syesha. david. michael. brooke. » 08: kris. michael.
allison. danny. » 09: lee. crystal. aaron. tim. didi. » 10: james. paul. » 11: colton.
phillip. erika. elise. skylar. » 12: angie. candice. kree. » 13: jessica. jena. sam.
+Quote Post
scooter
post Apr 16th 2011, 5:34 PM
Post #9

Fav. AI11: Hollie Cavanagh
Fav. AI5: Chris Daughtry
Fav. Danny Gokey

I really want Haley to go. Enough of her Bunny Ranch clothes. haha.gif I hate jazz. so I hated that Jazz duet. Next I want Casey to leave. Or they can switch weeks. shifty.gif I do not plan to watch AI Wednesday. I am only watching it Thursday to see Cook and Katy Perry. I only wish she was doing Teenage Dream because I love the video and love the hot guy who plays her love interest in it. I am sure many million of the views of it on youtube are to "look at him". wub.gif Unfortunately, she is singing ET and I don't care to even look at that video because she has an ALBINO in it. She should have hired the actor from Teenage Dream. Paul and him are the best looking male celebrities. wub.gif

This post has been edited by scooter: Apr 16th 2011, 5:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 5:40 PM
Post #10

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Band: DMB

Probably Haley or Stefano. Hopefully Stefano because I love Haley. Ughh I can't stand Stefano! He wouldn't even be here if it weren't for wildcard pinch.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
avi:[*]||sig:[*]
+Quote Post
BlueBee
post Apr 16th 2011, 5:56 PM
Post #11

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert

I'm sorry...Top 7 of what? Oh right the Tv Land competition! Silly me! tongue.gif

In all seriousness I'll still watch the show, I watch it every year whether there is someone I really like or not. I'll probably still enjoy it as I have in non-Paul years as well, but I'm not hugely invested. I want James to win. He's got guts, he's a really good performer and although it's probably not the best reason for liking someone, I like how he may be debunking a few stereotypes and misconceptions about people with autism. That's important to me.

Really, I'll actually find it quite comical if Stefano makes it further! Bless him, it ain't his fault he keeps getting voted in. Hell, the judges last week practically told him he could win it! I know Jimmy said that too, but the way the show have made out he hates Stefano, the compliment could have been born out of a "Tolerance in the Workplace" training course he was sent on. It did seem to come out of the blue, he's not a fan of Stefano's creativity I feel!

Any predictions guys? Pre performance at the moment obviously. I guess Stefano is going to be one as he never got a bottom 3 bump last week and he was praised to high heaven. However, he's due a late performance spot this week, but we'll see how he does. I'm sticking with bottom 3.

I think the girls are safe again. Lauren can go out on stage sit down in the middle of the floor and stare into space for 2 minutes and still get through. Haley will get a bottom 3 bump and will get praised by the judges, she'll be through also.

Of the remaining boys, although James will probably perform early as he got pimp spot last week, I think he'll make it through. Scotty can join Lauren in the do nothing but still get through camp.

So that leaves Jacob. His bottom 3 bump from last week will have worn off, I'll think he'll be bottom 3. And Casey. By the voting, everyone seems to have forgotten that 3 weeks ago they couldn't care less about him and he WAS THE FIRST BOY to be voted off. He shaves, slicks back his hair, pulls out the bass and looses the growl and now he's sailing through the weeks. Interesting what happens when you change yourself isn't it...
Anyhow, I think bottom 3 for Casey. The facade is going to fall and he's going to growl his way back to the bottom 3.

Bottom 3 : Stefano, Casey, Jacob

Leaves: Jacob

--------------------
"I try out a smile and I aim it at you
You must have missed it, you always do"

The Writer

YNWA
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:03 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(BlueBee @ Apr 16th 2011, 6:56 PM) *

I think the girls are safe again. Lauren can go out on stage sit down in the middle of the floor and stare into space for 2 minutes and still get through.

YAY wub.gif

I think the B3 will be Stefano, Haley, and Jacob. I say Haley because no matter how good she is she usually is in the B3. I would love for Stefano to leave but who knows....

--------------------
+Quote Post
taylortriumphs
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:09 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(BlueBee @ Apr 17th 2011, 1:56 AM) *

Lauren can go out on stage sit down in the middle of the floor and stare into space for 2 minutes and still get through. Scotty can join Lauren in the do nothing but still get through camp.

haha.gif

Scotty is like Carrie all over again !!! He hasn't had one negative bit of feedback or criticism since the start !!! Steven said about 3 or 4 weeks ago that if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and suddenly last week, Randy lost for new praise words, stated that was his motto in life too !!! I know Scotty has amazing country vocals, and is going to be a hugely successful recording artist, but American Idol is still a singing competition, and he hasn't challenged himself at all, and the judges havn't challenged him either !!! Week after week, he plays it safe with simple country ballads and sails through with the Southern votes and his boyish charm !!! Country music has evolved so much but Scotty hasn't !!! I think it's pathetic how the show pimps it's chosen one just because of the $$$ they can make out of him !!!

QUOTE(BlueBee @ Apr 17th 2011, 1:56 AM) *

He shaves, slicks back his hair,

I have no problem with the shaving and hair slicking ... he definitely needed the grooming ... it surely helped his image with the voters but I don't think that compromising oneself ... he was going to have to clean up sometime grin.gif

This post has been edited by taylortriumphs: Apr 16th 2011, 6:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
D.J.
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:11 PM
Post #14

I'm watching Survivor now. haha.gif

--------------------
"Humanity is premiering you jags."
+Quote Post
Battle3
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:12 PM
Post #15

i had my top 3 people i liked....paul, james and originally stefano but he bores me so much now, it seems like hes singing the same song every week.

id like to see james win though

scotty is overrated if u ask me......one trick pony but he will do well after idol with the country folks

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:15 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(taylortriumphs @ Apr 16th 2011, 7:09 PM) *

Scotty is like Carrie all over again !!! He hasn't had one negative bit of feedback or criticism since the start !!! Steven said about 3 or 4 weeks ago that if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and suddenly last week, Randy lost for new praise words, stated that was his motto in life too !!! I know Scotty has amazing country vocals, and is going to be a hugely successful recording artist, but American Idol is still a singing competition, and he hasn't challenged himself at all, and the judges havn't challenged him either !!! Week after week, he plays it safe with simple country ballads and sails through with the Southern votes and his boyish charm !!! Country music has evolved so much but Scotty hasn't !!! I think it's pathetic how the show pimps it's chosen one just because of the $$$ they can make out of him !!!

I like Scotty but I agree. He hasn't grown at all in this competition and he's becoming a bit boring to watch. Sometimes when he sings he does this thing with his voice that I don't like. I can't explain what it is but when he does it it sounds like forced country. Like he really wouldn't sound like that in the first place but he's trying to sound even more country than he is. If that makes any sense! I don't think he's a lock finale like everyone says.

I'm a fan though and I hope he does well!

--------------------
+Quote Post
taylortriumphs
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:19 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(NatesHeadbander @ Apr 17th 2011, 2:15 AM) *

I like Scotty but I agree. He hasn't grown at all in this competition and he's becoming a bit boring to watch. Sometimes when he sings he does this thing with his voice that I don't like. I can't explain what it is but when he does it it sounds like forced country. Like he really wouldn't sound like that in the first place but he's trying to sound even more country than he is. If that makes any sense! I don't think he's a lock finale like everyone says.

I'm a fan though and I hope he does well!

I like Scotty too and would definitely listen to his music ... was just approaching it from the competition perspective

--------------------
+Quote Post
pegasus99
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:20 PM
Post #18

Fav. AI8: Adam Lambert
Fav. AI7: David Cook

QUOTE(taylortriumphs @ Apr 16th 2011, 6:09 PM) *

haha.gif

I have no problem with the shaving and hair slicking ... he definitely needed the grooming ... it surely helped his image with the voters but I don't think that compromising oneself ... he was going to have to clean up sometime grin.gif

It has gotten to the point where I nearly need to leave the room when he hits the stage! Just the way he holds that mic drives me nuts. I JUST DON'T GET him. He is about as exciting as dirty dishwater!

--------------------
+Quote Post
NatesHeadbander
post Apr 16th 2011, 6:23 PM
Post #19

QUOTE(taylortriumphs @ Apr 16th 2011, 7:19 PM) *

I like Scotty too and would definitely listen to his music ... was just approaching it from the competition perspective

Yeah I pretty much don't see how someone like James could be beaten by Scotty like everyone says. James is getting better and Scotty stays the same.

QUOTE(pegasus99 @ Apr 16th 2011, 7:20 PM) *

It has gotten to the point where I nearly need to leave the room when he hits the stage! Just the way he holds that mic drives me nuts. I JUST DON'T GET him. He is about as exciting as dirty dishwater!

I hate it when he tries to go for a big note. It just doesn't work when he tries it and it sounds weird haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
b_fly26
post Apr 17th 2011, 12:22 AM
Post #20

Fav. AI4: Bo Bice
Fav. AI10: Paul McDonald
Fav. Stars: Marty,Jason,Blake,Sio

I like all the remaining contestants but I'm only rooting for Scotty, Casey, Lauren and James to take it all. Haley... she has moments of being really good but I think she's likeable (to me, anyway) mainly because of the Casey connection. I loooooove Casey, he's just so adorable. I've been a fan or Lauren since the beginning because she's such a sweet little thing, and Scotty makes my heart melt when he sings (but I dislike country music like a lot bleh.gif). That said, I wouldn't mind James taking this thing because he's been growing on me so much lately. And because of McDurbin. wub.gif

Stefano, go home. crying.gif It's not that I hate you but really... I don't think Paul deserved to go home before you. But c'est la vie. tongue.gif

--------------------
ai11: jessica, colton, philjun | graphics: ai10, ai11
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SMILE, cuties : djokovic, berdych, fish, murray, nadal | tumblr | twitter
+Quote Post

8 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 83 Time is now: Nov 22nd 2014, 11:53 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol