Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ABDC 6
hockeycrazed
post Apr 7th 2011, 8:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members

It starts tonight! spaz.gif

Phillip Chbeeb's (from SYTYCD) crew IaMmE will be in it.

--------------------
SYTYCD10: Aaron, Amy, Makenzie, Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Apr 7th 2011, 8:09 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

WERKusername
post Apr 7th 2011, 9:27 PM
Post #2

Fav. SYTYCD3: Dominic Sandoval
Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery

Wooot woot Dom as the new judge. spaz.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if thereís a life after that, Iíll love you then.
+Quote Post
hockeycrazed
post Apr 7th 2011, 9:52 PM
Post #3

An article previewing this season and the crews:
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/americas-b...easo-39906.aspx

787 Crew: They have a bit of a Latin influence, but specialize in acrobatics and tricks, which are always crowd and voter favorites.

FootworKINGz: If these fast-footed Chicago guys seem familiar, it's because they made the Top 20 on season 4 of America's Got Talent.

I.aM.mE: This hop-hop crew has a truly global mix of dancers, including members from China and the Czech Republic.

ICONic Boyz: This New Jersey crew features one dancer who's just 10 years old.

Instant Noodles: This is the b-boy crew of the season, which means this is the crew to beat.

JAG6ED: A group of all-female pole dancers. I think that sound you heard as Dominic's jaw dropping.

Eclectic Gentlemen: These professionals focus on precision and looking good.

Phunk Phenomenon: A co-ed Boston crew, they mix modern and traditional movies.

ReQuest: A group of New Zealand women who are the2010-11 World Hip Hop Dance Champions.

Street Kingdom: A co-ed, Los Angeles krumping crew.

--------------------
+Quote Post
inland75
post Apr 7th 2011, 10:19 PM
Post #4

I'm pissed that they put the 5 best crews in one group. C'mon the poledancers, kid group are in the other group. Plus I've seen instant noodles they suck. They are a bboy crew who purely do footwork no power at all gets boring quick plus I've seen that latino group they are just like that puerto rican bboy crew during quests season who got eliminated first. Footworkingz is the only decent crew they were on Americas got Talent. Sucks because eclectic gentleman deserved to stay. Eliminating without a vote is BS. Street Kingdom is scary. Tight eyez the real originator of Krump (even thought SYTYCD tries to label Lil C that) is a scary dude. At some point they will have to branch out from just krump though. Loved I AM ME although they need to stay away from the tutting for now or JC will diss them every week like Poreotix.

--------------------
IPB Image
SYTYCD 8: Marko, Robert, Tadd, Wadi, Iveta, Caitlynn
+Quote Post
hockeycrazed
post Apr 7th 2011, 11:07 PM
Post #5

I liked IaMmE, not sure why JC likes the crews to run all around the stage so much. Wasn't a fan of the New Zealand group or the crew that danced to "A Milli," the breaking was sloppy. I enjoyed Eclectic Gentlemen's performance but I guess they probably felt like they didn't bring anything new/different to the table. Love Tight Eyez but I wish they'd done a bit more dancing in their performance.

--------------------
+Quote Post
inland75
post Apr 8th 2011, 5:49 AM
Post #6

Yeah street Kingdom definitely got hurt by the time limit. They hardly had time to set up anything.I really hate the ABDC time limit. every routine seems so rushed. Even Pacman's crew because of the tutting hardly had time to set up formations. Since you only perform once a week the crews should get at least 2-3 minutes.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Gonchey
post Apr 10th 2011, 11:06 AM
Post #7

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. SYTYCD8: Jess LeProtto
Fav. artist: Lana Del Rey

Dom wub.gif

I aM Me wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
topspinace09
post Apr 10th 2011, 12:06 PM
Post #8

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson
Fav. AI8: Kris Allen
Fav. TV7: Manning. Sill. Jamison.

IME: Very cool tutting. I wasn't blown away, but it was a strong performance.

Phunk Phenomenon: Those brothers are so cute. Little Jersey Shore boys giggle.gif Hmm, there choreography was too simple and nothing was fresh. It was hard-hitting and they had decent energy, but they might be kind of a weak crew. I don't know how the other crews are, but hopefully the others will be more innovative.

Request Dance Crew: This is Li'l Wayne? They are very rocker chick. I don't like much about them giggle.gif They are so screwed. Because they're not amazing. They're international. And they're an all girl group. They're first gone when it comes to voting roll.gif

Eclectic Gentlemen: They were okay. I'm just not impressed with anyone tonight. HAHA IME is still somehow my fave. I really hope this is the weaker group and next week will have five much superior crews.

Street Kingdom: OMG there are like a million people in this crew. Shouldn't there be a member limit roll.gif That was very crazy and hard-hitting. I don't know if I was a fan. But it was very street. I don't like krump that much so I may be biased against them.

LOLOL I hated pretty much everyone except IME.

1. IME
2. Phunk
3. Request
4. Eclectic
5. Street.

I honestly don't know how to rank 2-5 lolol.

I don't care who leaves.

Loved Dom as a judge original.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
#TEAMJC4EVAH
+Quote Post
inland75
post Apr 10th 2011, 5:04 PM
Post #9

These are the crews competing next week:

787 crew from Puerto Rico: Male cheerleading group, eh....

footworkingz: Will probably get boring and repetitive but they should have a strong first few shows.

Iconic Boyz: I hate kid groups, here comes the pity

Instant Noodles: So they are basically Supercr3w minus the dynamics, tricks, and power. But they look to have Poreotix humor so they could be popular, I just can't get into a bboy crew who only does footwork and does no power.

Jagged: Contemporary pole dancers? hmm.. well at least D-trix will like them grin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
hockeycrazed
post Apr 10th 2011, 7:28 PM
Post #10

This thread seems not to be as active as previous seasons... have people lost interest or just didn't realize this was back? To be honest I didn't even find out about that it was starting until I saw it trending on Twitter, lol.

You weren't kidding about 787 being just like that previous Puerto Rican crew. HOPEFULLY since ABDC has a mostly younger audience there won't be as many voters going "OOOOH LOOK AT THE CUTE KIDS" like in AGT.

Wasn't really impressed with FootWorKings in AGT.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hockeycrazed
post Apr 15th 2011, 12:33 AM
Post #11

Well maybe it was because this was an extremely weak crop of crews but I thought the kids did pretty well. The chubby kid always makes me laugh but they did all right.

Pole Dancers, Instant Noodles, 787.... just... no. no.gif Not a fan of Footworkingz style, still.

--------------------
+Quote Post
dancecab
post Apr 18th 2011, 10:47 PM
Post #12

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCD3: Shauna Noland
Fav. SYTYCD 09: Talia, Jeanine & TJ

I.Am.Me heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Gonchey
post Apr 19th 2011, 8:11 AM
Post #13

Fav. AI11: Colton Dixon
Fav. SYTYCD8: Jess LeProtto
Fav. artist: Lana Del Rey

Those kids are too adorable roll.gif roll.gif

I have the feeling they will win, just because they are kids...

LMAO. Pole dancers. That was stupid.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
dancecab
post Apr 19th 2011, 9:48 AM
Post #14

Fav. SYTYCD2: Travis Wall
Fav. SYTYCD3: Shauna Noland
Fav. SYTYCD 09: Talia, Jeanine & TJ

QUOTE(Gonchey @ Apr 19th 2011, 9:11 AM) *

I have the feeling they will win, just because they are kids...

LMAO. Pole dancers. That was stupid.

pinch.gif Thats what I fear...there good but I wouldn't put them above I.Am.Me, Request or Phunk Phenom.

it's the first time i loved and disliked a crew at the SAME TIME...I totally had Hard Nipples. haha.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
WERKusername
post Apr 19th 2011, 10:10 AM
Post #15

QUOTE(dancecab @ Apr 19th 2011, 7:48 AM) *

pinch.gif Thats what I fear...there good but I wouldn't put them above I.Am.Me, Request or Phunk Phenom.

it's the first time i loved and disliked a crew at the SAME TIME...I totally had Hard Nipples. haha.gif

I was laughing so hard when Dom said that. haha.gif Jag6ed's tricks were cool (it takes a lot of control and body strength in order to do that), but there was little choreo in between. Kinda funny how they were trying to not be sexy and they get "Sleazy" as their song. giggle.gif

Instant Noodles: Their tricks were cool, but slightly slow at times. They basically jumped into move after move and, like Dom said, it was expected. I want to see more from them, though, since I think they have the opportunity to grow. original.gif

IconicBoyz: I think that it was a good performance and I was really surprised with what they could do. LMAO @ the spray-on abs. lmao.gif They were totally fake. The choreography was a bit generic, though. "Ya'll like a bunch of dancing Justin Biebers..." roll2.gif

FootworKINGs: HOLY crap THEIR FEET MOVE FAST. omg.gif I was wondering who Dom's crazy scream was for during the previews and I can see why he did that. That is no easy feat. But I'm worried that all they're going to be doing is their fast footwork and that can get repetitive.

787 Crew: I loved their choreo in the beginning, but then they went into trick after trick and I'm like "Whoooaaa... too many flips."

I'm too lazy to write a review of last week's show. bleh.gif I like Dom as a judge [/bias], but it's kind of hard to take him seriously when he keeps on saying "ya'll" "straight up" and "mad dope." haha.gif

--------------------
I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if thereís a life after that, Iíll love you then.
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Apr 19th 2011, 6:54 PM
Post #16

Fav. SYTYCD3: Danny Tidwell
Fav. SYTYCD10: Aaron Turner
Fav. SYTYCD11: Ricky Ubeda

LOL the second episode sucked so bad giggle.gif When you're outdanced by a group of 10 year olds, you know you're out of your depth noexpression.gif
Ugh, I wanted those pole dancers to stick around, because I wanted pole dancing to Bieber dammit.
787 are basically Status Quo 2.0, so that means we'll be seeing a lot of them. FootworKingz were so clean and tight, I just didn't like their style noexpression.gif

As for last week, I Am Me really disappointed me. They didn't live up to the videos they put up on youtube. They lacked stage presence IMO. But I have hope for them. ReQuest were my favourites fear.gif They KILLED it in the opening routine, and their performance is my guilty pleasure of the season. Street Kingdom should have gone. Krump just isn't meant to be choreographed. Eclectic Gentlemen weren't amazing, but their tutting was tight, and they had potential sad.gif But I must say I'm looking forward to the prospect of krumping to Bieber haha.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
SCD12: Jake & Janette, Mark & Karen, Frankie & Kevin, Steve & Ola
SYTYCD11: Ricky, Valerie, Emily, Casey
+Quote Post
WERKusername
post Apr 21st 2011, 3:40 PM
Post #17

New episode tonight. original.gif Apparently this is a good episode, according to spoilers.

d_TRIX: YALL IN FOR A TREAT THURSDAY!! #ABDCSICKASHELL

I hope so... the first two episodes disappointed me. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Apr 21st 2011, 5:45 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(WERKusername @ Apr 21st 2011, 9:40 PM) *

New episode tonight. original.gif Apparently this is a good episode, according to spoilers.

d_TRIX: YALL IN FOR A TREAT THURSDAY!! #ABDCSICKASHELL

I hope so... the first two episodes disappointed me. sad.gif

It can't get any worse than last week anyway rolleyes.gif

And I hope this season is better than 4 and 5, otherwise I'm done with this show for good noexpression.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
idol31
post Apr 22nd 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #19

This season is not coming off to a good start - I am Me is probably the most genuinely creative team on the show .. there's one more (forgot the name), but I can see the winner already. Not much competition this time around..sighh

--------------------
IPB Image
[credit:bianca!]
+Quote Post
HeckYeahSYTYCD
post Apr 22nd 2011, 5:22 PM
Post #20

Last night wasn't much of an improvement noexpression.gif
I Am Me stepped up, loved their performance! Street Kingdom on the other hand.... thumbdown.gif

The bottom 2 was messed up. Given who the judges were faced with, I think they made the right decision, but neither crew deserved to go. It's a joke that Instant Noodles weren't there after last week was ridic, even though they did improve.

Still love ReQuest heart.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 25th 2014, 7:08 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol