Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8   ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Introduction, getting to know each other
HaleySweetHARTS
post Sep 16th 2011, 3:24 PM
Post #141

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Haley Reinhart
Fav. Judge: Jennifer Lopez
Fav. show: Doctor Who

QUOTE(AdoreGrowler26 @ Sep 16th 2011, 2:54 PM) *

Hey look what I found haha.gif

My role model Tina Fey and Megan's role model Amy Poehler doing what they do best. Being hilarious.

HAHAHA.
I found a few too xD I dunno how to add videos though.
Baby joke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJCl5RPFTxs
Oh and this. You cannot forget this. Skip the people at the start http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG1g5qvgtSg

I love them all so much xD

--------------------
I'm not calling you a liar, I just wish you were.
weabideiteveryday.tumblr.com
IPB Image
When I was 14, I had an imaginary friend. Haley Reinhart. My Haley Reinhart. But she wasn’t imaginary. She was real.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Sep 16th 2011, 3:24 PM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

kimtv5
post Sep 16th 2011, 6:26 PM
Post #142

QUOTE(buggedOUT @ Sep 16th 2011, 9:24 AM) *

Oh my God! I love that show. Larry David's a genius.

That and Entourage were my Sunday line-up, now I'm waiting for How To Make It In America
buttttt if the next season is Larry and Leon in Paris, that will be HILARIOUS

--------------------
+Quote Post
buggedOUT
post Sep 16th 2011, 8:29 PM
Post #143

QUOTE(kimtv5 @ Sep 16th 2011, 4:26 PM) *

That and Entourage were my Sunday line-up, now I'm waiting for How To Make It In America
buttttt if the next season is Larry and Leon in Paris, that will be HILARIOUS

I love How to Make it in America too.
Larry and Leon in Paris? I laugh thinking about it.

--------------------
No one ever pays ME in gum.
+Quote Post
kimtv5
post Sep 16th 2011, 8:35 PM
Post #144

QUOTE(buggedOUT @ Sep 16th 2011, 6:29 PM) *

I love How to Make it in America too.
Larry and Leon in Paris? I laugh thinking about it.

Leon lowkey needs his own show, I would watch in a heartbeat

--------------------
+Quote Post
buggedOUT
post Sep 16th 2011, 8:55 PM
Post #145

QUOTE(kimtv5 @ Sep 16th 2011, 6:35 PM) *

Leon lowkey needs his own show, I would watch in a heartbeat

He does. Maybe there's room with Entourage being done.

--------------------
No one ever pays ME in gum.
+Quote Post
kimtv5
post Sep 16th 2011, 8:58 PM
Post #146

QUOTE(buggedOUT @ Sep 16th 2011, 6:55 PM) *

He does. Maybe there's room with Entourage being done.

not quite.... Ari Gold might have his own little show

--------------------
+Quote Post
viva_nashvegas
post Sep 16th 2011, 11:50 PM
Post #147

"SPILLED BEER ON THE ROAD WHO'S COMIN WITH ME?" hahahaha great find!

--------------------
"Music is not just a part of my everyday life- I'm surrounded by it every minute. If I'm not stickin an ear out to hear that lovely song playing in a restaurant, then I'm singing five different ones in my head! Music continues to remind me that its boundaries are limitless. When a song brings forth different emotions, that's when I know it's really hit me. When it brings me to tears, or gives me the feeling as though I've fallen in love...I'm in another place where even "inspired" is an understatement." -Haley F#%*in Reinhart

((for some reason, I feel like its weird when people refer to me as my username lol. My name's Megan))
+Quote Post
drover
post Sep 17th 2011, 2:02 AM
Post #148

QUOTE(Tusk @ Sep 13th 2011, 1:34 PM) *

LOL
I know I've expressed that I like music with a "harder edge", but I was raised in Europe, UK to be specific, and ABBA was HUGE there, not so much in the States.

My first 'crush' was the lovely Agnetha Faltskog. I got a lot of guff when my family moved to the states because Americans only really knew 'Dancing Queen', their ONLY #1 in the US, and disco WAS NOT COOL.

What Americans didn't know is they strove to write different styles with every album they put out, which was part of the reason they didn't like to work with American recording companies. They said, in America, if you had a hit, the studio would want you to make the exact type of songs for your next albums. They were artists and song writers first and didn't agree with that kind of thinking. They also were the first band to really pioneer and use music videos because they preferred to write and record music to touring (Musicians first!) thumbsup.gif

Disco was just one of the styles they did, and the timing made it a big hit in the US. They had many #1's all over the rest of the world, 380 Million plus albums sold, behind only The Beatles and Elvis. I am so glad that that 'stigma' is finally gone, and is now being introduced to newer generations who can listen to their stuff without the "Dancing Queen/Disco" stigma. It makes me feel good to see younger people appreciate and proclaim them as a favorite thumbsup.gif

My favorite all time ABBA Song is "The Name of the Game" with the goddess, Agnetha at lead
(Can't find a non VEVO vid sad.gif )

Clip of the song in ABBA the Movie

Trivia: it was made specifically for ABBA the Movie (must have for any ABBA Fan...awesome concert footage, goofy storyline) and is supposed to be about a person falling for their therapist...although I would have never guessed that.

Fugee's also used the bass line for their song

I have an early memory of watching them win the Eurovison song contest with "Waterloo" and really liking it. The punk / new wave scene happened when i was 16 or so which meant I had to pretend to hate all disco / glam rock etc so that put paid to liking Abba for a few years!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tusk
post Sep 17th 2011, 4:00 AM
Post #149

Fav. AI1: Kelly Clarkson

QUOTE(drover @ Sep 17th 2011, 12:02 AM) *

I have an early memory of watching them win the Eurovison song contest with "Waterloo" and really liking it. The punk / new wave scene happened when i was 16 or so which meant I had to pretend to hate all disco / glam rock etc so that put paid to liking Abba for a few years!

Brighton, England 1974. This is when the world first took notice of the beginning of a phenomena. They beat out none other than Olivia Newton John.They knew they had to sing in english to have a shot at winning.

This was actually their second try at Eurovision, they failed to get out of their country's round with their first attempt, "Ring Ring" the year before, in 1973. Incidently, Neil Sedaka was asked and wrote the english lyrics to "Ring Ring"

They also knew they had to dress flashy to stick in people's minds, at the time, people performed in flowy dresses, suits, and typical trendy clothes, so they broke the mold coming at it that way too.

The announcer gets the names all wrong. Don't knock Glam, remember that's how David Bowie started. (aka David Jones, but that name was taken by the guy in "The Monkees")

Compare that early live performance to this performance at the height of their popularity, Australia was insane over them. They Fine tuned every thing, voices angelic. Abba The Movie featured concert footage from their hugely successful Austalian tour.

Rewatching this makes me think this might be why I like Straight Hair Haley in that silver dress in "Tightrope", reminiscent of a young, at the top of her game, Agnetha

This post has been edited by Tusk: Sep 17th 2011, 4:10 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
AdoreGrowler26
post Sep 17th 2011, 1:20 PM
Post #150

Fav. AI11: Elise Testone
Fav. Actress: Alison Brie

QUOTE(viva_nashvegas @ Sep 16th 2011, 11:50 PM) *

"SPILLED BEER ON THE ROAD WHO'S COMIN WITH ME?" hahahaha great find!

Haha, I know haha.gif One of the best Update moments ever haha.gif

QUOTE(HaleySweetHARTS @ Sep 16th 2011, 3:24 PM) *

HAHAHA.
I found a few too xD I dunno how to add videos though.
Baby joke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJCl5RPFTxs
Oh and this. You cannot forget this. Skip the people at the start http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG1g5qvgtSg

I love them all so much xD

Putting up vids is easy! You could see it when you replied to my post. It's just "youtube" in brackets ---> [ ]
plus the 11 digit code of the vid, and then /youtube in brackets again!

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you, Tusk :D
+Quote Post
drover
post Sep 17th 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #151

QUOTE(Tusk @ Sep 17th 2011, 2:00 AM) *

Brighton, England 1974.

Wow - Youtube is amazing - I hadn't seen that since it was broadcast! 37 years!

Amazing live performance. They were the best at what they did!

--------------------
+Quote Post
drover
post Sep 18th 2011, 12:10 AM
Post #152

I'm from the UK now in the US and was fortunate enough to turn 15 in 1977 when the Punk / New wave began. There was an excellent radio DJ at the time - John Peel - who had a nightly show on national radio and made it a point to play nothing but this new music. A lot of bands would never have seen the light of day but for John Peel.

Youtube has been a wonderful way for me to get reacquainted - I though I'd share a couple of tunes that I've recently reconnected with and for me at least appear to have stood up well to the test of time.

An interesting phenomena back then was the mixing of punk and reggae. Nobody did it better IMO than Stiff Little Fingers and "It doesnt make it allright". SLF were / are from Northern Ireland and at this time Protestants / Catholics were regularly blowing each other up - these guys for sure had a something to be angry about! Here its a little more restrained than their usual but the juxtaposition of raw anger and reggae works great! The musicianship is first class also - bass, lead and drums all give a little extra on this:

The original by the Specials is excellent also:

--------------------
+Quote Post
AdoreGrowler26
post Feb 13th 2012, 3:09 PM
Post #153

Fav. AI11: Elise Testone
Fav. Actress: Alison Brie

We've gotten some new members, and this thread was always fun so why not.

(I've done some editing on my little bio. People change laughing.gif)

Name: Camila
Favorite musician (just one): This is hard... umm, the BeeGees... or ABBA (SO many more....)
Favorite genre of music: Not so much a genre as a certain "style" of music. I like pretty much anything if it has meaningful lyrics, actual instruments, and a well-thought and catchy melody. No country or most pop music.
Favorite American Idol contestant of all time (just one): HALEY REINHART!
Nationality: Peruvian
Religion (don't have to answer if you don't want to): Agnostic
Political party (again, you don't have to answer): I'm not very sure... although my favorite celebs always bring up something I agree with politically.
Hobbies: Reading, teaching myself new songs on guitar and singing badly (all in the privacy of my own room), doodling, I also lovez me some SNL and enjoy television and movies, I love acting and comedy.
Favorite quote: I can never remember quotes.
One celebrity (dead or alive, can be author, singer, politician, whatever) you most look up to: Tina Fey
One interesting fact about you: I can beatbox.

--------------------
IPB Image
Thank you, Tusk :D
+Quote Post
RadioMusic
post Feb 13th 2012, 10:30 PM
Post #154

Fav. AI6: Jordin Sparks
Fav. AI5: Kellie Pickler
Fav. Haley Reinhart

Name: Cameron
Favorite musician (just one): Ryan Tedder
Favorite genre of music: Pop/Rock
Favorite American Idol contestant of all time (just one): Haley Reinhart.Yep
Nationality: American....
Religion (don't have to answer if you don't want to): Southern Baptist
Political party (again, you don't have to answer): Republican
Hobbies: Writing, Show Creator, Music Producing
Favorite quote: "Those alive can only breathe, while those dead can breathe freely." by myself
One celebrity (dead or alive, can be author, singer, politician, whatever) you most look up to: Adele, because she overcame adversity.
One interesting fact about you: Currently writing a novel in hopes of pubication.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Merlin
post Feb 14th 2012, 6:04 PM
Post #155

Name: Kevin
Favorite Musician: Mumford & Sons
Favorite Music Genres: Rock, Classic Rock, most Pop, most Hip-Hop, Jazz, some Blues, Folk Rock, Classical, Alternative, some R&B, Country-Rock, Country-Pop (I don't really dislike that much music)
Favorite AI Contestant: Haley Reinhart
Political Affiliation: Democrat
Religious Beliefs: Agnostic Atheist
Inspirational People: None really
Interesting Facts: Can't think of any off hand...
Other: Been a Haley fan since Blue, but I've never really been one to post much and only just discovered these forums a month or two ago (though I've followed Haley ever since the show ended). Maybe I'll start posting more...we'll see.

--------------------
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Apr 18th 2014, 1:13 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol