Neurox Media Network: idolforums.com | aikenforums.com | IDF Webmail  
Neurox Media's American Idol 10, 9 & 8 / So You Think You Can Dance 8, 7 & 6 / Glee / X Factor Forums & Message Boards
Neurox Advertising   The banner image below is an ad.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register - It's quick & free! | Resend Validation )    

366 Pages V « < 174 175 176 177 178 > »    ( Goto last unread Go to first unread post )
( Star this topic Star this topic | View starred topics )    Reply to this topicStart new topic
> News/Articles, Merged
Jonathan
post Feb 29th 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #3501

Group: Members

Fav. AI10: Scotty McCreery
Fav. AI4: Carrie Underwood
Fav. AI13 Sam Woolf

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks...-040354365.html

SIMON CALLED SCOTTY BRILLIANT! OMG!! Its close to the end, but WOW! w00t.gif

REALITY ROCKS: So if the current champs--Melanie Amaro, Scotty McCreery, and Javier Colon--competed against each other, who do you think would win?

SIMON: I would put my money on either Melanie or Scotty. I mean, they're both brilliant. But like I said, because they didn't sign up for that, I don't think that would be fair.

This post has been edited by ctryfan1980: Feb 29th 2012, 12:12 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
NX AdBot™
post Feb 29th 2012, 12:11 AM

NX Advertisement

Group: Marketing

Subscribe to NX to remove this advertisement post. Help us pay for our servers! Click for subscriber benefits.

stcecilia
post Feb 29th 2012, 5:56 AM
Post #3502

^^^ ........................thud.................... dead.gif

Well it's pretty obvious now. When he made his first snarky remark about Scotty, it was pure jealousy.

Brilliant he is.

--------------------
+Quote Post
dusty_125125
post Feb 29th 2012, 2:15 PM
Post #3503

http://Billboard.com says Scotty McCreery will be remembered as the winner who saved American Idol

http://www.billboard.com/#/features/top-24...62.story?page=2

Scotty McCreery

Album Sales: 1,107,000
Track Sales: 1,281,000
Radio Plays: 76,000
YouTube Plays: 13,313,012

The tenth season victor is one of the most successful "Idol" contestants in recent years, with his debut "Clear as Day" already achieving Platinum status by the RIAA -- and Scotty the first "Idol" to pull off the achievement with a debut since David Cook. The deep-voiced teen has placed two singles on the Hot 100 and Hot Country Songs charts ("I Love You This Big" and "The Trouble With Girls"), and is currently touring alongside Brad Paisley and The Band Perry this winter. McCreery may be remembered as the winner who saved "Idol," returning the show to prominence after its two previous winners fizzled in popularity. Not even a year in, and he's already at No. 15 on our list -- that should tell you something from the get-go.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
NCMom
post Feb 29th 2012, 7:15 PM
Post #3504

QUOTE(nana/sami @ Feb 28th 2012, 11:52 AM) *

Oh Yea... I can't wait for VB... SOLO SOLO
And hopefully he will be at CMA Fest as well... bought my tickets today!
SOLO... clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

thumbsup.gif Beautiful sig, btw! huggy.gif

[quote name='Thisbig' date='Feb 26th 2012, 12:21 AM' post='24772016']

"He's just a regular Joe walking to his classes," Harrell said. "People in Garner basically are allowing Scotty to be a regular high school student."

I am so glad that Scotty is afforded this "regular guy" status at school, but all of us know he is FAR from ever being a "regular Joe" by any stretch of the imagination! original.gif wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hoa_teca
post Mar 1st 2012, 1:10 AM
Post #3505

‘Idol’ tries to find his role

'American Idol' winner Scotty McCreery is a member of the Garner High School baseball team. But after 18 months away from the game, he's still working to get back into baseball shape.

By Tim Stevens - [email protected]

The coach of the most famous high school baseball player in the country doesn’t know how many spectators to expect at games this season. Or whether those who come will be more interested in baseball or celebrity. He knows this: Other teams might be better, but none has more star power.

Scotty McCreery, the winner of last season’s “American Idol” singing competition, is a member of the Garner baseball team, as several million Scotty fans know from watching the television show.

McCreery, who often wore a Garner T-shirt on “Idol,” has told Garner coach Derek Goffena that he doesn’t want to be a distraction for the baseball team, which could contend for a playoff spot this season. He has wanted to play for the Garner team ever since he was a Little Leaguer but the team’s success takes priority.

“That’s really important to me,” McCreery said Saturday from Springfield, Mo., where he was touring with Brad Paisley. “I’m in an adult world now, but I want to be able to play baseball with my friends. I still want to have a senior year in high school and play some baseball. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do.”

McCreery hasn’t pitched in a game since the summer of 2010. He threw some with his dad on Saturday and said he was about 55 to 60 percent of where he wants to be.

“I’ve got work to do,” he said. “But I think it will come back when I can get home and practice every day instead of one day a week or so.”

McCreery likely will be used as a relief pitcher initially, so there is no way for Goffena to predict when McCreery will play. McCreery and Goffena don’t envision McCreery playing soon, though.

“I’ll be there Tuesday, but I don’t think I’ll get to play,” McCreery said of Garner’s home opener at 4 p.m. against Broughton. “I will be there pulling for the guys, supporting the team.”

Goffena doesn’t have any idea of how many fans will turn out in the hopes of seeing McCreery warm up before games, but school officials don’t expect any problems.

“We really aren’t expecting any serious issues regarding crowd control or spectators, due in large part to the fact that we haven’t had any problems at school or school activities to this point,” said Drew Cook, the Garner High principal. “If more people want to come out and see our baseball games because Scotty’s playing, then that’s not a bad problem to have.

“If the crowd is larger or more aggressive than we expect, then we’ll adjust our plans and the level of supervision accordingly. Scotty’s attended many events with large crowds this year – basketball games, football games, and even chorus performances – without any incidents at all.”

Just another guy

Toward the end of the “Idol” television season, thousands of fans filled Garner’s Lake Benson Park for his homecoming concert and thousands more attended his birthday celebration.

But for the most part, he has attended Garner football and basketball games as a spectator without drawing much attention and he walks the halls of the school just as he did before he used it during the filming of his video “The Trouble With Girls.”

“It surprised me on the first day,” McCreery said. “Almost everywhere I go someone wants to take a picture or talk to me, but at the high school I’m just another guy with a backpack who wears jeans and a T-shirt. At school, it is just like I never left.”

Garner athletics director Dwight Harrell said he has been amazed at how little fanfare McCreery provokes at school.

“He’s just a regular Joe walking to his classes,” Harrell said. “People in Garner basically are allowing Scotty to be a regular high school student.”

Cook said McCreery has made it plain that he doesn’t want preferential treatment.

“Everyone has really been respectful of the fact that Scotty just wants to blend in and be a normal high school student – to the extent that that’s possible given the life that he is living,” Cook said “If he wasn’t the humble, easy-going kid that he is, students might have had a different reaction. But the positive, down-to-earth image that you see portrayed in the media is exactly what we see here every day.”

Pitching prospects

No one knows how good a pitcher McCreery will be in his only varsity season. McCreery played for the junior varsity team as a sophomore and with the Garner summer-league team 18 months ago.

He was a member of the 2011 varsity team, but never got to go to a game. When Goffena selected last year’s team, no one knew that McCreery would spend the entire season on the show.

Since winning the title, McCreery has filled arenas and auditoriums around the country and has been a regular on national television programs. He is wrapping up the tour with Paisley and is looking forward to getting to practice and being with his teammates.

But McCreery has missed off-season workouts with his teammates and some spring practices.

“To be honest, Scotty hasn’t had much of a chance to show what he’s got,” Goffena said. “He has work to do. I’ve talked to Scotty about it and he agrees. He doesn’t need to go out there and pitch unless he is ready.”

“He knows that people are watching,” Harrell said. “I asked him what he is going to do when somebody smacks a home run and people start singing ‘I Love You This Big,’ (one of McCreery’s most popular songs).

“Scotty just grinned. He knows that some people are probably going to ride him.”

McCreery said that yelling at the pitcher is just a part of baseball. He is expecting it.

“I really think that the batters are going to try a little harder when I’m pitching,” he said. “That could be to my advantage or it could make it tougher if they are really focused. We’ll see.”

The Trojans open their season at home Tuesday against Broughton at 4 p.m., and play at Middle Creek (4:15 p.m.) on Thursday and at Broughton (4 p.m.) Friday.

This post has been edited by hoa_teca: Mar 1st 2012, 1:10 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mary_beaton
post Mar 1st 2012, 12:15 PM
Post #3506

http://www.knoxville.com/news/2012/mar/01/...y-brad-paisley/

No idle time for 'American Idol' winner Scotty McCreery

By Wayne Bledsoe
Posted March 1, 2012 at 10:56 a.m.

When Scotty McCreery goes on stage opening for Brad Paisley and the Band Perry and thanks the fans, he's not just paying lip service.

"A lot of artists can say, 'I love the fans and they're the reason I'm here,' but for me, it's literal," says McCreery in a phone call from Madison, Wis. "They got me where I'm at. So I'm just trying to make them proud."

McCreery was the winner of the 2011 "American Idol" competition. After the win, he performed with the "American Idol" concert tour and just recently joined as one of the openers on Paisley's national tour. He's also still a high school senior who attends Garner Magnet High School in Garner, N.C., when he's not on the road.

"I'm sitting next to my textbook right now," he says.

His parents are traveling with him and his mother is a certified high school teacher and coordinates the lessons that teachers back in North Carolina send to their traveling student.

"When I'm off the road I'll go back to class in school and I'll be caught up with everybody and all's good," says McCreery.

He says he always knew he wanted to have a career in music.

"I didn't know I'd be 18 when all this happened, if it happened at all, but I knew I wanted to do something in music."

He says it was Elvis Presley who really sparked his desire to become a performer.

"I was an Elvis fanatic growing up. The rest of the kids are listening to pop music that was out and I was the odd man out listening to 'Teddy Bear' and 'Heartbreak Hotel.' That was just me. I don't know why or what caused that, but I think I learned a lot from it and it gave me a deeper appreciation for the old style of music. After that, I really got into the old country, too. Those influences really helped me out."

He says there were some surprises when he made the cut for "American Idol."

"You watch the show and you think, 'Oh, they just perform one song and they work on one song all week and you see who makes it, but it is nothing like that. It was seven days a week, all hours of the day, we were working or doing calls or interviews or working on something for the next day that was completely irrelevant to the song you're doing or working on commercials, all kinds of stuff each and every single day. ... Soon as 'Idol' started up I got thrown into the lion's den. I didn't really have time to think about it. I just had to go right in there and do my best."

McCreery says things might have been different had Simon Cowell still been an "American Idol" judge.

"Yeah, I don't think he would've liked me. He had a thing about young guys. He's not a fan of country music in general. Luckily, I didn't have to worry about it. I liked the judges this year. Steven Tyler, J. Lo and Andy had a good chemistry. They were funny. They were charismatic and they knew what they were talking about. They've actually worked in the industry, played in bands, so they weren't outsiders looking in."

He says being on the road in a country show is a lot different than being on the "American Idol" tour.

"I don't want to say it's laid back in terms of being lazy, but it's laid back in terms of everybody is just having a good time. We're making music and having fun. Whereas on 'American Idol,' we were having fun, but it was stressful. On the 'Idol' tour we were always stressed out."

He is, though, treating the tour like an education. He studies longtime star Paisley on stage.

"I go out most nights and put on a ball cap and a hoodie and just watch him," says McCreery. "Just picking up different mannerisms and how he works a crowd. I'll hopefully be taking these things away 10 years down the road."

McCreery is currently deciding on college (he's been accepted at three of the four he's applied to so far) and he's trying to keep a level head on his career.

"In the country music world today, and just in the world today, you can be doing something and be on top of the world one minute and then a minute later be out of a job. We're not trying to skyrocket to the top and have nowhere to go but down. With 'Idol,' I kinda had that big boost, but now we're trying to pay the dues and work hard, and slowly but surely keep ourselves up. I think with that plan we will be around in five years and making good music."

This post has been edited by mary_beaton: Mar 1st 2012, 12:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lexien
post Mar 1st 2012, 12:42 PM
Post #3507

QUOTE(mary_beaton @ Mar 1st 2012, 12:15 PM) *

By Wayne Bledsoe

When Scotty McCreery goes on stage opening for Brad Paisley and the Band Perry and thanks the fans, he's not just paying lip service.

"A lot of artists can say, 'I love the fans and they're the reason I'm here,' but for me, it's literal," says McCreery in a phone call from Madison, Wis. "They got me where I'm at. So I'm just trying to make them proud."

McCreery was the winner of the 2011 "American Idol" competition. After the win, he performed with the "American Idol" concert tour and just recently joined as one of the openers on Paisley's national tour. He's also still a high school senior who attends Garner Magnet High School in Garner, N.C., when he's not on the road.

His parents are traveling with him and his mother is a certified high school teacher and coordinates the lessons that teachers back in North Carolina send to their traveling student.

"When I'm off the road I'll go back to class in school and I'll be caught up with everybody and all's good," says McCreery.

"I didn't know I'd be 18 when all this happened, if it happened at all, but I knew I wanted to do something in music."

He says it was Elvis Presley who really sparked his desire to become a performer.

"I was an Elvis fanatic growing up. The rest of the kids are listening to pop music that was out and I was the odd man out listening to 'Teddy Bear' and 'Heartbreak Hotel.' That was just me. I don't know why or what caused that, but I think I learned a lot from it and it gave me a deeper appreciation for the old style of music. After that, I really got into the old country, too. Those influences really helped me out."

"You watch the show and you think, 'Oh, they just perform one song and they work on one song all week and you see who makes it, but it is nothing like that. It was seven days a week, all hours of the day, we were working or doing calls or interviews or working on something for the next day that was completely irrelevant to the song you're doing or working on commercials, all kinds of stuff each and every single day. ... Soon as 'Idol' started up I got thrown into the lion's den. I didn't really have time to think about it. I just had to go right in there and do my best."

McCreery says things might have been different had Simon Cowell still been an "American Idol" judge.

"Yeah, I don't think he would've liked me. He had a thing about young guys. He's not a fan of country music in general. Luckily, I didn't have to worry about it. I liked the judges this year. Steven Tyler, J. Lo and Andy had a good chemistry. They were funny. They were charismatic and they knew what they were talking about. They've actually worked in the industry, played in bands, so they weren't outsiders looking in."

He says being on the road in a country show is a lot different than being on the "American Idol" tour.

"I don't want to say it's laid back in terms of being lazy, but it's laid back in terms of everybody is just having a good time. We're making music and having fun. Whereas on 'American Idol,' we were having fun, but it was stressful. On the 'Idol' tour we were always stressed out."

He is, though, treating the tour like an education. He studies longtime star Paisley on stage.

"I go out most nights and put on a ball cap and a hoodie and just watch him," says McCreery. "Just picking up different mannerisms and how he works a crowd. I'll hopefully be taking these things away 10 years down the road."

McCreery is currently deciding on college (he's been accepted at three of the four he's applied to so far) and he's trying to keep a level head on his career.

"In the country music world today, and just in the world today, you can be doing something and be on top of the world one minute and then a minute later be out of a job. We're not trying to skyrocket to the top and have nowhere to go but down. With 'Idol,' I kinda had that big boost, but now we're trying to pay the dues and work hard, and slowly but surely keep ourselves up. I think with that plan we will be around in five years and making good music."

You know, I don't think Scotty can really say Simon wouldn't have liked him after that Lyndsey Parker interview with Simon...Simon pretty much came out and said, people think I didn't like country music. He liked stars...and the number of times, he's mentioned Scotty...he saw a star yes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mm99
post Mar 1st 2012, 12:50 PM
Post #3508

Group: NX Subscribers

Fav. Team McCreery145 MC113 SM345

QUOTE(mary_beaton @ Mar 1st 2012, 9:15 AM) *

By Wayne Bledsoe

Great, great article... but... WHO's ANDY!? (oh, right Andy Action. I forgot about That Judge.)

--------------------
IPB Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
stcecilia
post Mar 1st 2012, 1:06 PM
Post #3509

QUOTE(Lexien @ Mar 1st 2012, 12:42 PM) *

You know, I don't think Scotty can really say Simon wouldn't have liked him after that Lyndsey Parker interview with Simon...Simon pretty much came out and said, people think I didn't like country music. He liked stars...and the number of times, he's mentioned Scotty...he saw a star yes.gif

yes.gif yes.gif wink.gif wink.gif that's why he made fun of Scotty in the beginning. He was very jealous of Idol's "find".

--------------------
+Quote Post
scottyitah
post Mar 4th 2012, 12:34 PM
Post #3510

IPB Image

--------------------
Scotty Cooke McCreery ''The Reason Country Music Is Now In My Blood" IPB Image
+Quote Post
dkm0925
post Mar 4th 2012, 12:41 PM
Post #3511

http://www.fanbolt.com/currentcontest.php?contest_id=1012

Scotty McCreery Contest

We have (2) signed copies of Scotty McCreery's 'Clear As Day' to give away!

US Residents Only. You'll have to be a member of FanBolt to enter (with 30 posts on our forums or comments on our news articles between the time this contest starts and ends on March 24th. ), and it's totally free! So if you're reading this and haven't registered yet, you can do so by clicking here! If you're not a member, then the entry form won't even appear for you until you're logged in. All entries are checked against our member database, so if you submit an invalid entry, it will be deleted.

You can enter to win only one time! If we receive multiple entries from a member, they will be disqualified. If you have any questions or comments on the contest, feel free to email [email protected]

Contest Start Date: February 24, 2012
Contest End Date: March 24, 2012

Description: Scotty McCreery's debut album, Clear As Day, has been certified gold for sales of more than 500,000. The album has held steady in the top ten of the Billboard Country Albums chart since its October release.

"It's huge!" Scotty said of his first gold album. "Every artist dreams of a gold album and works hard for it, so it's a major accomplishment to have your debut album go gold. This is just incredible." "I want to thank the fans," he added. "This is a testament to how great the fans are."

Clear As Day debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 and Top Country Albums charts, making him the youngest man in history to open at the top of the all-genre chart with a debut release. It also garnered the highest first-week sales of any solo country artist this year. The album's first single, "I Love You This Big," has also been certified gold.

Scotty recently won New Artist of the Year at the American Country Awards, and is one of three nominees for New Artist of the Year at the 47th annual Academy of Country Music Awards. The award show will be broadcast live on CBS on Sunday, April 1st, and starting March 19th fans can vote for who should win the title. Scotty is currently on tour with Brad Paisley - visit ScottyMcCreery-Official.com for ticket details. Clear As Day is available now on iTunes.

Official Link: Official Site

You can enter this contest by filling out the form below! This contest will stay open until March 24, 2012, and the winners will be announced shortly thereafter! Good luck to everyone!

Entry Form

You must be a member of FanBolt and be logged in to see the entry form and enter the contest. If you haven't yet registered for FanBolt, you can do so here.

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
lilmiss48
post Mar 4th 2012, 4:39 PM
Post #3512

QUOTE(scottyitah @ Mar 4th 2012, 9:34 AM) *

IPB Image

Sweet! w00t.gif

--------------------
Twitter ~ @lilmissindpdnt
+Quote Post
sinycalone
post Mar 4th 2012, 4:52 PM
Post #3513

Group: NX Subscribers

Scotty's on the cover of a golf magazine...I love it. I'll bet he's happy about it, too.

The contest to win two autographed copies of CAD may not require any money or purchases to enter...but it's got some tough rules. I'd rather just buy two copies at one of Scotty's concerts -- there all personally signed.

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

BEACON THEATER, NEW YORK
+Quote Post
Mamalety1949
post Mar 4th 2012, 5:23 PM
Post #3514

Fav. Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(sinycalone @ Mar 4th 2012, 4:52 PM) *

Scotty's on the cover of a golf magazine...I love it. I'll bet he's happy about it, too.

The contest to win two autographed copies of CAD may not require any money or purchases to enter...but it's got some tough rules. I'd rather just buy two copies at one of Scotty's concerts -- there all personally signed.

Me too. I tried to sign up and decided I'd rather purchase them.

--------------------
IPB Image
SCOTTY IS PURE COUNTRY BECAUSE COUNTRY IS DOWN TO EARTH FOR THE EARTH
+Quote Post
buttons66
post Mar 4th 2012, 8:52 PM
Post #3515

Published: Mar 04, 2012 07:59 PM
Modified: Mar 04, 2012 08:14 PM

Scotty-less Garner defeats Middle Creek heart.gif

By Tom Shanahan, Correspondent

APEX - A Garner-Middle Creek game normally would have attracted a larger crowd of non-high school baseball fans than usual, but not in the age of social media.
There were a few older fans that peered around the Garner dugout during warmups looking for a glimpse of senior pitcher Scott McCreery -- better known as the American Idol star -- when the Trojans warmed up for their game at Middle Creek's field.

But younger fans attuned to Twitter or McCreery's website knew better than to show up looking for high school baseball's most famous singer and part-time Garner reliever.

"He's in Baltimore today for a concert," said Middle Creek left fielder Blake Hunley to one of the older spectators in attendance. "He posted it on Twitter
." haha.gif

McCreery's absence wasn't the only disappointment for Middle Creek fans as Garner (2-0) won 9-1 over the Mustangs (1-1) in the non-conference game Thursday.

This might otherwise have been the ideal game to catch McCreery playing since Garner coach Derik Goffena used the one-sided contest to empty his bench, playing everyone but three pitchers he said he saved for the Trojans' next game.

In any case, no team would be less star-struck facing Garner and McCreery than the Mustangs. They knew McCreery back when he was Scotty the West Lake Middle School baseball player.

Hunley was among six of Middle Creek players -- five of them starters -- who were teammates with McCreery at West Lake. Mustangs first baseman Austin Parker, who plans to play next year at Lenoir Community College, was the closest with McCreery, having also competed on a travel ball team with him.

"I haven't seen him in a while and was looking forward to seeing him in the game," Parker said. "He loved baseball when I played with him. He worked very hard at it."

However, it was also a game when Goffena only needed to use two pitchers since left-hander Brighton Hudson limited Middle Creek to one run in over six innings before giving way in the seventh.

Hudson also contributed a two-run single in the third inning for a 4-0 lead. Third baseman Tyler Mashburn was 3-of-4 with two singles, a double and two runs scored.

Middle Creek's only run came in the bottom of the fourth inning when Garner was already up 5-0. Designated hitter Jimmy Boyd singled to score David Salmon, who had singled and advanced to second on an error.

Middle Creek coach Jeremy Thompson isn't about to panic, though. He pointed out he has a young team that will improve.

"Garner is a good team that played well and we didn't execute," Thompson said. "We have a lot of guys that haven't had much (varsity) playing time, so it's a building process. We'll get better

This post has been edited by buttons66: Mar 4th 2012, 8:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Missy173001
post Mar 5th 2012, 3:39 AM
Post #3516

Fav. Team McCreery #144

I heart.gif the last part about Scotty's passion. That's Our Scotty!! yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

Scotty McCreery Joins High School Baseball Team
By: Billy Dukes | Yesterday

Getty Images
He admittedly is a little out of shape, but Scotty McCreery made the cut to earn a spot on Garner High School’s Varsity baseball team. The 18-year-old hasn’t pitched since 2010, and even the coach at his hometown school isn’t sure what to expect from the senior.

“To be honest, Scotty hasn’t had much of a chance to show what he’s got,” Derek Goffena told the Raleigh, N.C. News and Observer . “He has work to do. I’ve talked to Scotty about it and he agrees. He doesn’t need to go out there and pitch unless he is ready.”

“I’ve got work to do,” McCreery said in the same article. “But I think it will come back when I can get home and practice every day instead of one day a week or so.” After this weekend, the majority of his winter and spring touring commitments will be behind him.

McCreery will be used as a relief pitcher, and neither coach nor player knows when he’ll be ready to enter a game. The school’s home opener was on Tuesday (Feb. 28) and the singer promised he’d be there to support his team. The number of spectators is expected to be unusually high for the Garner team all season long. Officials are aware of McCreery’s draw, but say they don’t expect any trouble.

McCreery made the team in 2011, but left for Hollywood before the season began and never returned to play. He’s not known as a flamethrower, instead his curveball is the pitch he relies on to get him out of trouble. Last April, an assistant coach on the Trojan team told a story that showed how competitive the soft-faced singer can be.

“[I] looked to him before the inning [and said], ‘You good to go one more?’” Pake said, remembering a close game against a cross-town rival. “It’s by far the longest he’s went in any game. He just kind of gives you that look: ‘Oh yeah, I’m finishing this thing.’ He went out there, I believe struck out two or three in that inning, ended up throwing a complete game victory. The way he came off the mound, the fire, the passion … it was just vintage.”

--------------------
IPB Image
Team McCreery #144
+Quote Post
dkm0925
post Mar 6th 2012, 5:21 PM
Post #3517

Scotty's Leather Jacket Featured at the ICON: The Influence of Elvis Presley Exhibit

The yearlong 35th anniversary commemoration of the life and legacy of Elvis Presley continues in Memphis with the third and largest exhibit launching at Graceland in 2012.

The groundbreaking ICON exhibit features 75 artifacts on loan from the famed Cleveland museum, along with items from the collections of many of today’s biggest names in music who have been influenced by the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll. The exhibit celebrates Elvis’ status as a music pioneer and icon that paved the way for many of today’s artists and celebrities. Items on display in this exhibit include Bono’s “MacPhisto” suit from U2’s Zooropa performances, Bob Dylan’s leather jacket that appears on the album cover "Real Live,” along with artifacts from Elton John, Trisha Yearwood, Scotty McCreery, James Durbin, Carrie Underwood, Dave Matthews, Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Joan Jett, Wanda Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, The Beatles, Katy Perry and many others.

For more information on tours and for a FREE online trip planner, please visit Elvis.com.

Scotty's Leather Jacket is headed to Graceland!!!! w00t.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Mamalety1949
post Mar 6th 2012, 5:55 PM
Post #3518

Fav. Scotty McCreery

QUOTE(Carrie&BlakeFan @ Mar 5th 2012, 9:05 PM) *

Carrie is beautiful. heartbounce.gif

heart.gif heart.gif

QUOTE(dkm0925 @ Mar 6th 2012, 5:21 PM) *

Scotty's Leather Jacket Featured at the ICON: The Influence of Elvis Presley Exhibit

The yearlong 35th anniversary commemoration of the life and legacy of Elvis Presley continues in Memphis with the third and largest exhibit launching at Graceland in 2012.

The groundbreaking ICON exhibit features 75 artifacts on loan from the famed Cleveland museum, along with items from the collections of many of today’s biggest names in music who have been influenced by the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll. The exhibit celebrates Elvis’ status as a music pioneer and icon that paved the way for many of today’s artists and celebrities. Items on display in this exhibit include Bono’s “MacPhisto” suit from U2’s Zooropa performances, Bob Dylan’s leather jacket that appears on the album cover "Real Live,” along with artifacts from Elton John, Trisha Yearwood, Scotty McCreery, James Durbin, Carrie Underwood, Dave Matthews, Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Joan Jett, Wanda Jackson, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, The Beatles, Katy Perry and many others.

For more information on tours and for a FREE online trip planner, please visit Elvis.com.

thumbsup.gif wub.gif thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by Mamalety1949: Mar 6th 2012, 5:55 PM

--------------------
IPB Image
SCOTTY IS PURE COUNTRY BECAUSE COUNTRY IS DOWN TO EARTH FOR THE EARTH
+Quote Post
Lexien
post Mar 6th 2012, 9:20 PM
Post #3519

QUOTE(dkm0925 @ Mar 6th 2012, 5:21 PM) *

How cool!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thisbig
post Mar 6th 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #3520

Scotty McCreery finally sings 'Idol' exit song

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/ne..._medium=twitter

Scotty McCreery will be singing a tune he never had played for him: American Idol's annual elimination song.

Viewers will hear last season's Idol winner perform his version of Tim McGraw's Please Remember Me beginning Thursday (Fox, 8 ET/PT) with the first weekly elimination after Wednesday night's Top 13 performances.

"I was ecstatic and I'm glad to get to be on there. It's cool to still be connected to the show every week," says McCreery, who is expected to appear on the show this season. "Most likely, I'll be able to come back and perform and get to see all those familiar faces and give the current Idols some advice."

Please Remember Me was one of three songs the 18-year-old high school senior was asked to consider for the goodbye. His version will be available Thursday at iTunes.

"I've known that song forever and loved it," said McCreery, who performed with McGraw on last season's Idol finale. "I sent (McGraw) a little message and told him we just cut it and it was going to be on Idol every week. He said, 'Oh, man. That's really cool. I'm sure you nailed it.' He gave me some good feedback."
Scotty McCreery on iTunes

McCreery, who went platinum with his first album, Clear as Day, and has been touring with Brad Paisley, joins other Idol alumni who have performed the goodbye theme, including winners Carrie Underwood, David Cook and Ruben Studdard, as well as Season 5 finalist Chris Daughtry.

Although he never exited the competition, McCreery understands the song's significance.

"Every week, when the song would play and we'd have to watch the goodbye video, it was always a tough time," he says. "I never had to experience it, but I always felt it."

This post has been edited by Thisbig: Mar 6th 2012, 10:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

366 Pages V « < 174 175 176 177 178 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: trina1988

-
Lo-Fi Version 81 Time is now: Nov 28th 2014, 3:29 PM

We now accept check/money order donations in addition to online donations via PayPal!  Help us pay for our servers, donate to Neurox Media!  Thanks!
Links: Reality TV Links - American Idol | SirLinksalot: American Idol